Main Menu

X-men viral ad site..

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 09, 2013, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Moraline

Muse worthy if I were into playing cannon characters.

Callie Del Noire

I like who they have posing as Bolivar Trask.. :D

Jag

Actually, that is who is going to be playing him in the movie. Peter Dinklage is going to be Trask (for anyone that didn't know).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 09, 2013, 04:16:15 PM
Actually, that is who is going to be playing him in the movie. Peter Dinklage is going to be Trask (for anyone that didn't know).

I know.. I checked. :D

More wine in my opinion.. I'm curious about the Mark X sentinels now.. the Mark 1 is the one on the site.

RedPhoenix

Wow that is a really good ad and a really nice website to boot! Sweet! :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

JadeArwen

Well, that sure is different.

fireisntaghost

The website is actually kinda cool, not what I'd expect from an X-Men movie which lets face it...the last few have been...

The only way for the X-Men movie franchise is upwards really, it can't get much worse. Looking forward to this film.

Blythe

Website makes me look forward to the film--I'm pretty excited about the sentinels. ^^

fireisntaghost

Quote from: Blythe on August 14, 2013, 08:34:18 PM
Website makes me look forward to the film--I'm pretty excited about the sentinels. ^^

Was a massive risk for them to try and tackle the Days of Future Past story arc in a movie and at the same time I'm kinda confused because (at least in the comics) the plot arcs they have covered in previous movies has been 616 Earth and the DoFP is an 811 Earth comic so...they're different canon continuity. It's going to be really interesting to see how they are going to do this and I hope the risk really pays off, because with the current attention that marvel films are getting if this doesn't live up to the hype or the high standard that has been set by the Marvel Cinematic Universe films during Phase I and the start of Phase II then it could spell the end of Foxs involvement in the franchise.

Blythe

Quote from: fireisntaghost on August 15, 2013, 08:04:55 AM
because with the current attention that marvel films are getting if this doesn't live up to the hype or the high standard that has been set by the Marvel Cinematic Universe films during Phase I and the start of Phase II then it could spell the end of Foxs involvement in the franchise.

I can agree with this. It's a tall order for that storyline, and they're on thin ice after all the shenanigans with Wolverine movies. But if they can pull off something that would reach the bar for what we all now expect from Marvel (honestly, the Iron Man movies and the Avengers have set that bar enormously high now), then it should be good.

They should be fine in terms of canon so long as they distinguish this is separate from the other movies' canons they already released. But if they somehow try to tie it all in, I get the feeling it will be terrible. >.<

fireisntaghost

Quote from: Blythe on August 15, 2013, 11:34:45 AM
I can agree with this. It's a tall order for that storyline, and they're on thin ice after all the shenanigans with Wolverine movies. But if they can pull off something that would reach the bar for what we all now expect from Marvel (honestly, the Iron Man movies and the Avengers have set that bar enormously high now), then it should be good.

They should be fine in terms of canon so long as they distinguish this is separate from the other movies' canons they already released. But if they somehow try to tie it all in, I get the feeling it will be terrible. >.<
Especially considering Marvel want the XMen BACK. Fox want to keep it because you know they want to be in on the Marvel cash cow and Marvel want it back because they want Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for the Avengers. They were going to use them in Avengers 2 and the first script had them mentioned, the casting call went out and everything and the next thing we know Fox announce DoFP and had added Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the DoFP casting. So it's certainly going to be interesting. There's nothing like some competition to drive the market forward =D