Firefly/Serenity Interest check (CLOSED)

Started by Cynadea, April 12, 2013, 07:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

The idea:

To have a Firefly class ship, in the universe created for the TV series & Movie. I'm looking for an all-original crew, but with more or less the same spot filled. The ship would have the same purpose in taking jobs, dubious or not, for money. My character has just bought a fully restored Firefly ship and she's hiring a crew without being too careful about their past. The crew would be new and learning to work with one another unless two players know each other before being hired, that's up to you.

The Crew:

Captain: (me)
Second in command: Katataban
Pilot: Prosak
Mechanic: Primarch
Gunner: Ember Star
Doctor: Lemon Lime
Guests: 1 out of 4

While the first six should be fairly static, Guests can be either second characters of players already involved, or other players interested in the story.

What is expected of players:

Post at least once a week and at least 2 solid paragraphs, with good grammar & spell check.
Warn me if your interest fade or if you have to be away for a period of time.
Come up with plots and suggestions. I maybe the GM here, but everyone has to contribute.
There will be more than one thread used, with standard header (code will be provided)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Primarch

A Firefly class? Why I've been a mechanic on more firefly class ships then I can shake my screwdriver at.

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in playing a Dandy of a fence not afraid to get his hands dirty but god help if you get your blood on his suit that has a hobby of being  a tailor and is a bit superstitious I guess he would fit the role of permanent guest and with his array of contacts can procure jobs.

Tamhansen

I'd really like to do a firefly game again. I think I should be able to produce a good first officer.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Ember Star

oh God. Yes please. But which role? Oh which one? H'm... I'll have to think on it overnight. But I'm definitely in.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Prosak

FIREFLY! This show, was just about the best show eva! It was also, just about the most screwed over show ever as well. Sci fi, was as dull as a sack of hammer's, to stop this show in it's first season. And, as a result, just to fill in everything the show wanted to do, spanning season's, they made.... *Cringes...* Serenity. Sorry if any one likes the movie. But, I hate it. It is a stupid, sped up, fast forward, for Fire fly. And, I would just rather have Fire fly continue, then them make that movie. But sadly... :(

Any way! Weighing my option's, I will either play the Pilot, or the Doctor. Both fun, but I think the Pilot. It is what we need more then anything currently... You know, some one to fly the dam ship! ;D

Ember Star

Put me down for the Gunner. A doctor would be fun. But I've got this picture of a bad ass female gunner with a odd sense of humor
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Prosak

*Fist bump's Ember Star.* Ya! Who doesnt like a bad ass dame, with a gun.  XD

Tamhansen

Quote from: Prosak on April 13, 2013, 02:58:31 AM
*Fist bump's Ember Star.* Ya! Who doesnt like a bad ass dame, with a gun.  XD

The person she's pointing it at :P But yeah definitely.

I'm going to work on my Bio today. Are we talking coreborn characters only, or can my mind wander to the more interesting places?
[edit] hm come to think, what would you like there to be on the character sheet? [/edit]
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chreestafer

HEY Aysande!

count me in definitly I can be just about anything so let me know what exactly you need :)
i've finally returned after a small medical hiatus which involved hospitals and me almost dying, almost! lol so anywho i am back and on board for this one, ill pm you soon regarding our other rp. 

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lemon Lime

omg firefly!! May I join! I would make a superb doctor since I'm almost a paramedic in real life!  I <3 this show and the idea of a firefly game makes me all sorts of giddy!
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Prosak

Wow, glad to see this almost has all it's slot's filled!  Glad to see we now have a possible doctor!

MaiMizzu

Could someone clarify which roles are available? I'd really like to play this. Is pilot taken?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Prosak

I already called Pilot. But hey, how's this? Aysande, how would two pilot's sound? Most ship's in ci fi property's have the ability, of multiple helmsmen. Maybe this ship, can have two people handle her at once, for optimum maneuverability in space. If not, then I would hapilly step down as pilot for you, MaiMizzu. And, play some kind of guest, or some other role. Lol, maybe the cook?

MaiMizzu

About any main role I'd play, I just mentioned pilot because I didnt see a name next to it in the character list.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Prosak

It's ok. I am lenient though. So if you want to collaborate on my idea towards the gm, or if you want the role. Feel free. I have not made a character yet, so it wont bother me a single bit. To share, or give.

MaiMizzu

Aside from the mechanic, a pilot would be cool for me.

Cynadea

Hey people,

I caught a stomach bug that had me thinking of moving everything in the bathroom... It's not quite over yet, so please bear with me while I set things up slowly.

I set the  crew at 6 and I'd like to keep it at that. I'm going for a first come first served basis for the position, sorry MaiMizzu.  If anyone don't find their name in the list in the first post can think of a job the ship could do involving the presence of their character as a guest, though, feel free to throw it our way.

For races, I want to stick to the series, which means humans, Reavers will be kept as NPCs.

I'll set up the ooc thread, with the character sheet tomorrow.

Lemon Lime

Feel better Aysande! I look forward to the OOC and creating my character, I have a few ideas in mind. :D Also, when we do put actual characters up and if anyone has an idea about interpersonal relationships between their character and the good doc just let me know. I'm open to brainstorming and thinking of fun plots and backstories. :)
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Prosak

Ya, what she said! So sorry, for not saying it sooner Me'lady. Get well soon captain!

DarkNevaeh

Id be interested...

Maybe a male Companion?

Ember Star

Awe, feel better, Hun!

I'm already fiddling around with ideas for a background and have pictures :D

Hola, Nevaeh

Cynadea

Thanks.

@DarkNevaeh

You want to be a masculine equivalent of Inara? Rent my shuttle?

@Everyone

Got an idea for the name of the ship?

Primarch

I always thought there was something appropriate to "Requiem" in a sorrowful sort of way. 

Ember Star

Stanley?

LOL, I kid.

Honestly, it depends on what kind of personality and feel you want to lend to the ship. Ship names have meaning, and those meanings give the ships their own unique feel and character.