Does an edit to a post in your bookmarks mark it as "new/unread"?

Started by TwoHundredTabs, June 01, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoHundredTabs

I've seen the "new" label on topics that, when I open them, I can't see anything different about. Just wondering if someone editing their post gives the topic the "new" label.

If so, that's awesome!

If not.. Hmm... Any idea what might be causing it?
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Geraint

Quote from: TwoHundredTabs on June 01, 2014, 07:27:33 PM
I've seen the "new" label on topics that, when I open them, I can't see anything different about. Just wondering if someone editing their post gives the topic the "new" label.

If so, that's awesome!

If not.. Hmm... Any idea what might be causing it?

An edit will mark the thread as unread and there will be a notation on the bottom of the edited post as to the time edited and who did the editing

RedPhoenix

Quote from: TwoHundredTabs on June 01, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

It does, but only if that's the last post in the thread.

Also every once in awhile it just seems a little slow to realize I've read certain threads, but not often.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

moonsblackwolf

If your thread has multiple pages of posts and you just click on the first (or any) page, but not the page containing the newest post the "New" label will stay.
I don't bite...at least not too hard... :)
Rabbit Hole
F-list
My plot bunnies all written down so they don't escape.

TwoHundredTabs

[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]