Brain Print Thefts...in SPAAACE! (Citcat1000 and Zeth)

Started by Zeth, September 07, 2014, 01:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

Louise Hale received a communications call in her PI office. The call was from the The Galaxy Police. "Greetings Ms. Hale, thank you for taking my Call. I have a matter I wish for you to look into. You know about Brain Prints correct? The thing that makes Cloning possible? Well we suspect the Brain Prints or 'Brints' of several wealthy galactic citizens have been stolen and they wish for you to find them before they are assassinated and need to be cloned again. Normally the GP doesn't get involved in such matters so this is still a Private Investigation. We contacted our office because we need a Telepath and a P.I. and you are the only game in town. The clients are willing to pay double your fee if you take the case and sign a confidentiality agreement. What do you say?" says the female officer on her screen.

Citcat1000

Louise sat at her desk reading up on this new technology, warping it was called, so interested in it was she that when she received a ping on her display informing her of someone calling she would grimace slightly before putting on a soft smile and answering the call, with each passing word the case piqued her interest further. "Where did this occur, and do you have any leads so far?" she would ask intently, mind whirling as she considered the possibilities, the case was already accepted in her mind, now she just needed to glean what information she could before setting out to the site of the crime and investigating.

After listening to any further information the officer had to give her she would nod her acceptance of the task and say softly "i will accept this task, where is the agreement i need to sign?" she would listen to the officer, smile slightly at her before finishing off the conversation with "it was a please speaking with you ma'am and i will get on it right away" signing off the young woman would look around for her jacket and bag, glancing at the clock she would consider "hmm, its only 1450 hours, i could still get some work in before heading home"

A few moments later the young woman would emerge from her office, locking it behind her and heading towards the scene of the crime.

Zeth

Lois arrives at the lounge of Mindscapes Unlimited the leading Brain Print Therapy firm. She is greeted by the robot secretary which said in an electronic voice,"Hello Ms. Hale. We have been expecting you. As you know most people have brain prints on file in case of a tragic accident. But these prints were altered in a specific way so the subject would be rid of all Psychological Conditions the patients have. Basically improved versions of their clones mind. Such edits are very expensive and very very personal. So to have them stolen is alarming to be sure." After the explanation you are alone in the elevator with the secretary. You have a few moments to try and get more information out of the robot secretary.

OOC:This is a Level 1 Challenge. You may use a trait but describe how you make it apply in your post. You bid your tokens and I bid my tokens and the winner gets the stakes. The Stakes is You get to make up 1 fact about the client that becomes canon and know more about the rest. You can choose to bid no tokens and try just using a trait.

Citcat1000

Louise walks across the atrium, towards the secretary with a polite smile on her face, greeting the robot politely she would listen carefully, following the robot to the elevator as they spoke, pondering for a moment she would ask quietly as the elevator ascended "I don't Suppose i could speak with your owner, or the CEO, i have some paper work i need to sign, and a few questions for him, if that isn't to much of a problem" the telepath would smile politely at the robot, sadly an electronic brain wasn't susceptible to her gifts, a mortal brain however was another story, and maybe she would find out a few little tidbits the owner might have... overlooked.

OOC: 1 token, using investigation skill as well to make it seem reasonable, and in the line of her duties.

Zeth

OOC: GM bid 1 token plus his difficulty bonus of 1. Total 2. Louise bid 1 plus Telepathic Investigator 2 total 3.Louise pays 1 token and may make up any one fact about one of the clients as she sees fit.

The robot secretary was quite responsive. "Three people had their modified Brints taken. One was a Grey telepath that wanted to remove some of the things he seen inside other peoples minds. Another is fashion baroness that wanted to have martial arts knowledge in her mind completely digested so she could fend off kidnappers and suitors, and the third was the Grandson of the GP's sector chief that wants to forget a traumatic kidnapping event. Why anyone would steal these Brints is perplexing to say," says the secretary.  You then step off the elevator and meet the clients in a meeting room. They are all seated.

Citcat1000

Louise would step into the room with the clients, smile slightly all around the room before her eyes, and mind look over each of the customers, while she softly introduces herself and pads into the room, the human telepath would say quietly "greetings Ladies and gentlemen" before falling silent and awaiting questions.

OOC: using telepath investigator, and one thing about the grey telepath, he knows Louise, it doesnt have to be friendly, or unfriendly, its just one little fact to add to him.

Zeth

The Grey Telepath rolled his eyes as Louise walked in to the room. "Where did you dig up this brat?" said John Black. His native name was to exotic for most people to pronounce so he let people call him John Black. John crossed paths with Louise before when she solved a prolific kidnapping case. He thought she was an upstart young kid, but had to give her begrudging respect for solving the case.

The grandson and Fashion Baroness were still seated when Louise came in. Apparently they were discussing something but stopped as soon as they heard John spoke. The CEO of Mindscapes Unlimited stood up immediately and went to shake Louise's Hand. "Hello, I am Ted Gunderson the CEO of this company. I am so  glad you could take  the case Ms. Hale. Please feel free to ask for anything to help with the investigation."

Zeth

OOC: Yeah this Token Effort system only works with 3 people. 2 players and 1 GM. So I am cancelling this game, Sorry. Now that you are a member maybe we could do something else.