SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

*Peeks in before bed*

Artemis!... wait... did you do a full char.. just now?

ArtemisHighmore

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

LunarSage

Good morning, Kuro!  :-)

I'm tempted to make an actual OOC thread but I don't want to deter other potential new players from having interest if this thread dies.

What do you all think?  Has it been long enough?  I still don't plan on making any IC threads for another few days to a week.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Kuroneko

Morning, Lunar :)

I'd say, as long as you don't mind us being social here, feel free to wait.  Now, if you want us to take character relationship discussion to an OOC thread, that would be different.  But personally, I think seeing it here shows potential plays how collaborative the game will be ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Ciosa

Quote from: LunarSage on January 07, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
Good morning, Kuro!  :-)

I'm tempted to make an actual OOC thread but I don't want to deter other potential new players from having interest if this thread dies.

What do you all think?  Has it been long enough?  I still don't plan on making any IC threads for another few days to a week.

I'd love an OOC thread, personally.  I'd love an IC Shadowland BBS style thread, if you're not opposed to approved characters having some electronic correspondence with one another  (With very strict ground rules.)  No worries of players coming into conflict, and you can rule that FastJack's bad to the bone Matrix skills keeps any hacker attack programs and the like safely inaccessible.  (Or whoever's SysOping now)

bubby

*Yawns and shuffles in with coffee*

That would depend on how many you already have showing interest for the game I'd think. If you got plenty so far, I'd say yes on the OOC thread. You can always bump this one with actual new char stuff all the time I'm sure.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Ciosa on January 07, 2013, 12:15:24 PM
I'd love an OOC thread, personally.  I'd love an IC Shadowland BBS style thread, if you're not opposed to approved characters having some electronic correspondence with one another  (With very strict ground rules.)  No worries of players coming into conflict, and you can rule that FastJack's bad to the bone Matrix skills keeps any hacker attack programs and the like safely inaccessible.  (Or whoever's SysOping now)

I agree with Ciosa. I think we're ready for an OOC thread, and if the interest thread begins to fall to the bottom of the list, if nothing else, one of us GMs can periodically post a note letting folks know that the game is underway (or about to get underway) but we're still actively recruiting new players.

I love the idea of an LTG / Commlink thread where electronic correspondence can take place, once we start putting up game threads with FastJack and possibly the latest cyber jockey savant could be on over-watch keeping the denizens of the Matrix at bay.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

LunarSage

I posted these over at the character picture thread... but here are some possible character pics for anyone to use.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Josietta

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 07, 2013, 12:40:06 PM
I agree with Ciosa. I think we're ready for an OOC thread, and if the interest thread begins to fall to the bottom of the list, if nothing else, one of us GMs can periodically post a note letting folks know that the game is underway (or about to get underway) but we're still actively recruiting new players.

I love the idea of an LTG / Commlink thread where electronic correspondence can take place, once we start putting up game threads with FastJack and possibly the latest cyber jockey savant could be on over-watch keeping the denizens of the Matrix at bay.

The problem with bumping an old interest thread is that it almost never garners new attention.  People (myself included) don't like joining established games as they don't feel they can find an "in" to fit their character or into the OOC that most people develop with each other during game start.

HaF has this problem and lost a lot of players in the first month and has not been able to bolster those back up either with new invites for players not long ago.   ((I use HaF as an example because it is such a high profile group game with a lot of interest garnered at the start.))

We had some same issues in our other groups we started. Its not easy to recover from player loss even with new interest threads. Its intimidating as it is. Imagine a new player trying to get in after game has been started for a few weeks and runs have begun.  I wouldn't join if it were me. And i'm betting over a third of you wouldn't either.

Just sayin.

EDIT: PS. I wont be around much until this evening. Tax Prep time and I'm heavy at work today.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Cold Heritage

To be honest I would be intimidated with an interest thread this long, but that's just me.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Dhi

Quote from: Ciosa on January 07, 2013, 12:15:24 PM
Haha, I love that. The BBS was such a very 80s charm to early Shadowrun, it would be interesting to have one.

>>>>>(Are the corps experimenting with dream-based advertising? The following list of consumer-grade cybereye models are all chipped to receive a signal. Report if your buying habits have changed after usage.)<<<<<
--Blacksand (22:18:42/4-06-70)

LunarSage

I'm not going to make an OOC thread just yet, but I did make an IC Shadowlands BBS thread.  Feel free to hop IC in there, even if your character hasn't officially been approved yet but we've approved your concept.

Just remember to use the format and color coded in the first post to maintain that Matrix feel.

undisclosedtoyou

I love the idea of the Shadowlans BBS thread!  Expect some German ramblings at some point.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

bubby

Um... will that thread need to be used whenever the game starts in earnest, and Runs are going down?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: bubby on January 07, 2013, 01:56:29 PM
Um... will that thread need to be used whenever the game starts in earnest, and Runs are going down?

No, posting in the Shadowlands thread is not mandatory. Some characters just might not be into forum chatting, just like many people aren't in real life. This just means that your character will not be privy to the conversations and knowledge contained in the thread.
The Oath of The Drake

bubby

Dhi

Snippets of the Shadowlands BBS were used in the books to show you what Shadowrunners were thinking about game elements without breaking the fourth wall. For instance there's this one from the 2E Cybertechnology book, commenting on the Move-by-wire cyberware:

Quote>>>>>(Oh man oh man oh man!)<<<<<
--Droog Hopeful (23:19:20/12-02-56)

>>>>>(This thing puts you in a continuous seizure??! A seizure is a sign of severe neurological dysfunction! That's insane! What are the long-term effects? Does anyone have any idea??)<<<<<
--Findler-man (21:29:33/12-03-56)

>>>>>(I'm with you, Findler, but I can see where some people might want it. The end result is pretty impressive. As for long-term effects, does anyone really know what any of this cyberdrek will do to you after a couple years?)<<<<<
--Hangfire (03:54:48/12-04-56)

CurvyKitten

Woohoo! My characters are approved and up. I left their BG pretty open, so if anyone wants some linkage just let me know!

Dhi

Scarlet and Lottie share an apartment, right? Presumably we know each other.

Cold Heritage, did you still want Inna and Lottie to have some history? I was thinking Lottie might have been Inna's contact in the UCAS, as she's lived there for about 5 years at this point. Maybe it was a surprise- Lottie had a Russian sports car shipped to her by the Vory, and maybe Inna was snuck into the container. The day the car arrived in port, there was a major firefight and it was heavily damaged in transit. If Inna was the one standing up for her car, I'm sure she would've appreciated that!

Ciosa

Curvy,

Always happy to have more people roaming by the clinic.  If you think your character might have needed to cross paths with a street doc in the Redmond barrens, let me know.  Same goes for anyone else who'd like to have been patched up or simply known the Doc in the past.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Dhi on January 07, 2013, 02:36:57 PM
Cold Heritage, did you still want Inna and Lottie to have some history? I was thinking Lottie might have been Inna's contact in the UCAS, as she's lived there for about 5 years at this point. Maybe it was a surprise- Lottie had a Russian sports car shipped to her by the Vory, and maybe Inna was snuck into the container. The day the car arrived in port, there was a major firefight and it was heavily damaged in transit. If Inna was the one standing up for her car, I'm sure she would've appreciated that!

That sounds good. Inna will definitely have stood up for her car. Is Russian made! Very highest quality automobile.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Michael Corvus

What do y'all think about a back story thread?

It would be just like an IC thread where everyone could go and actually RP out their back story / history with one other (how and where they met and all that) instead of just saying "What if they met at such and such place because what's-his-face did that one thing that one time."
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 07, 2013, 02:53:30 PM
What do y'all think about a back story thread?

It would be just like an IC thread where everyone could go and actually RP out their back story / history with other (how and where they met and all that). instead of just saying "What if they met at such and such place because what's-his-face did that one thing that one time."

A wittle Hanna befriending a towering Karl?  What's not to like about that?  Lmao.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Dhi

I wouldn't be interested in a thread like that, personally. I would need to opt out of a shared backstory thread.