Good Work Never Ends [PATHFINDER]

Started by Ghostwheel, October 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

The Institute of War has kept the peace of Valoran for over two decades now. Two Rune Wars had already changed the landscape, changing good, arable land into a wasteland of magical energy where nothing could grow, raising cliffs where once were plains, and changing the landscape of the world forever. Magic-infused storms rage across the landscape despite the best efforts of the strongest casters in the world to halt their advance. Even with all the magical energy invested in restoring the world to how it was, it's still not enough. Yet still, the Institute of War knows just how easily the world can once again fall into darkness, and has sent its agents far and wide to stop such things from occurring again, to stop war from erupting between Demacia and Noxus, to put an end to the destruction of the very planet by various forces. The League of Legends was a great step forward, but the good work of the Institute never ends, and there is always more work to do. This is where you come in. Agents of the Institute, you joined only recently or long ago. Regardless, loyal to the Institute, you have your own reasons for joining and have been assigned to a team to stop the forces that threaten the entire world of Runeterra at any cost. Highly skilled, you have been selected for your individual talents to meet those whom no diplomatic overture will affect with lethal force.

This game will take place in the world of Runeterra, whose original source is the game League of Legends. The character themselves will be members of the Institute of War, and should include in their background what region of Valoran they came from. If you know nothing about the game--that's fine! We'll not be focusing on what the game brings to the table, but rather on the above flavor text, and if you have a concept I'll try to give some examples of places where the character may have come from.

For those of you who are familiar with the game, players will not be playing as the champions who take part in the League, though they might be related to them in some way to the mythical heroes that take part in the League.

As follows are the character creation rules:
  • Level 14
  • 26 point buy
  • Max HP per level
  • Balanced Wealth variant
  • Lengthened Spellcasting variant
  • Allowable material is anything created by Paizo or Dreamscarred Press. I'll allow third-party material on a per-case basis.
  • Characters start with any two non-magical weapons, any non-magical armor, and an additional 1,000 gold.
  • Characters start with 3 Least, and 3 Lesser magical items (see the variant above).

More to be added as I get questions. Please include your character's appearance, background, the class(es) you're thinking of taking, and a picture if at all possible (as well as your character sheet as soon as you can have it ready).

Yordles will have the stats of Halflings, and other races might either be newcomers to Valoran or we can say that a specific race has "always been there".

Note--I want to keep the game active. If you foresee yourself with having a problem posting once every 3 days or so, or losing motivation for the game and not posting after I poke you, I don't think this is the game for you. While I don't mind taking things slow, I'm looking for people who can commit to posting often, usually once every other day, and once every 3 days at the VERY least.

Current Applicants:
Muse - Sweetwater - Half-Giant Wilder
Blinkin - Human Fighter / Ranger
lockepick - Human Spellthief
Zaer Darkwail - Summoner
Thorn14 - Human Sorcerer

Blinkin

Human Fighter/Ranger (Not sure if there will be an archetype yet.)

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks, framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Midnight blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles are accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well toned arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in nature toned colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest. If you make it through her demanding standards, you’re a friend who’ll never find anyone more loyal to the concept… If you’re an enemy… well, there’s loyalty there too.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to. As a result, Lydia was never sure where she was born, or where she came from… only that the world was vast and she longed to stay in one place.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by an half-elf who had been tracking the band for some time. The man, a ranger by profession, took Lydia under his wing and aside from caring for her, taught her the basics of his own calling when she showed a knack for survival in the wilds.

As time went on, Lydia and Elister, her mentor and adoptive guardian, became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and sold the occasional bow in the settlements or towns for the few things that she couldn’t obtain from the land.

Eventually, she felt the need to make her own life and mark in the world; heading off into the wider world and learning about it. Eventually, she encountered a woman who was impressed enough with her potential that she was offered a job working for the organization. Being able to potentially stop further wars from occurring appealed to her… as well as a steady income and the option of seeing more of the world. In spite of herself, she was indeed her parents child.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Sounds good, prestige classes are fine, and added a request to the original post for character sheets when you can have them done at your convenience.

Also, I'm allowing SANE "evil" characters that have an excellent reason not to screw over the rest of the party. Not really interested in insane evil characters. Also, any inter-conflicts will be strictly non-lethal, period.

Remember that the item/wealth system is very different from the conventional one in Pathfinder, so make sure to read it carefully!

Florence

Hmmmm... as much as I want a Pathfinder game, the setting just really isn't doing it for me. :<

Good luck on this one, but I think for now I'm gonna pass on it. No point in me signing up now and losing interest in it down the road.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blinkin

I'm having a little trouble reading the table, which isn't surprising considering how much the screen reader loves website tables.

Tell me if the assumptions are correct...

Fighter 1/Ranger 13 (Human)

Primary Ability: +7
Equipment Bonus: +4?
Armor: +2
Weapon: +2
Deflection: +3
Natural Armor: +3
Resistance: +4

Magical Items:
Least: 8
Lesser: 8

So, question.. Would a +2 bow of speed be a lesser or a greater item?

Haven't looked at the magic system, but may go for an archetype that doesn't use it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 13, 2013, 12:04:58 PM
Hmmmm... as much as I want a Pathfinder game, the setting just really isn't doing it for me. :<

Good luck on this one, but I think for now I'm gonna pass on it. No point in me signing up now and losing interest in it down the road.

For what it's worth, I'll be using a lot of Paizo material, including perhaps modules and the like. That said, no problem :-)

Quote from: Blinkin on October 13, 2013, 12:15:51 PM
Tell me if the assumptions are correct...

<snip>

So, question.. Would a +2 bow of speed be a lesser or a greater item?

Haven't looked at the magic system, but may go for an archetype that doesn't use it.

You'd get the following according to the table:
  • +7 to your primary ability score
  • +7 spread amongst other ability scores
  • +4 enhancement bonus to all ability scores
  • +4 enhancement bonus to AC
  • +3 enhancement to your weapon
  • +3 deflection bonus to AC
  • +3 natural armor bonus to AC
  • +4 resistance bonus

You'd also have been able to craft 3 Least items (cost of 4k or less), and 3 Lesser items (cost of 25k or less) and start with 3 1st-level potions or 1st/2nd-level scrolls and 3 2nd-level potions or 3rd/4th-level scrolls. Note that you can only use/wield up to 5 magic items at a time.

Weapons can have up to one damage enhancement and one boost enhancement, and can be made of a special material. For each of these three they count as one rank higher.

Thus, a Speed (boost enhancement) Bow would be a Least item, while a Frost (damage enhancement) Speed (boost enhancement) bow would be a Lesser item. It would automatically have a +3 enhancement bonus, as that's granted by your in-build damage progression.

Does that make sense?

Thorn14

Oh damn, I was just wondering if someone would do an RP that used original characters in the LoL setting. Level 14 though? Whew.

What can we expect theme wise including adult?

Ghostwheel

Fairly light on the adult side--it's there if characters want to partake in it, and they can go wild with each other, but I'm not going to shove it down the PCs' throats or make it a major part of the plot.

Thorn14

Right.

Does Pathfinder allow one to be like, half elemental or something?

I was thinking of someone who is like half nature elemental/ thorn elemental...which....may have already be taken by Zyra thematically...hm...

Ghostwheel

The old Genasi from 3.5 were replaced with other elemental races, the Ifrit, Undine, Sylph, and Oread.

So the answer is yes. That said, I'm not allowing monstrous races, but the above are good.

You could always be an Ifrit sorcerer with the Verdant bloodline, for example, to have both those natures.

Thorn14

Hmm...Maybe just a human with the bloodline. I'll look it up.

Not sure how I can have my character be sperate from Zyra theme wise though, other than, you know, not being a murderous plant.

Ghostwheel

If you're looking for more nature-based spells, druid might be the way to go :-)

Thorn14

Eeeeh...I kinda am digging the Verdant Bloodline. I'm just trying to think of character themes.

Blinkin

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 13, 2013, 12:44:28 PM
For what it's worth, I'll be using a lot of Paizo material, including perhaps modules and the like. That said, no problem :-)

You'd get the following according to the table:
  • +7 to your primary ability score
  • +7 spread amongst other ability scores
  • +4 enhancement bonus to all ability scores
  • +4 enhancement bonus to AC
  • +3 enhancement to your weapon
  • +3 deflection bonus to AC
  • +3 natural armor bonus to AC
  • +4 resistance bonus

You'd also have been able to craft 3 Lesser items (cost of 4k or less), and 3 Least items (cost of 25k or less) and start with 3 1st-level potions or 1st/2nd-level scrolls and 3 2nd-level potions or 3rd/4th-level scrolls. Note that you can only use/wield up to 5 magic items at a time.

Weapons can have up to one damage enhancement and one boost enhancement, and can be made of a special material. For each of these three they count as one rank higher.

Thus, a Speed (boost enhancement) Bow would be a Least item, while a Frost (damage enhancement) Speed (boost enhancement) bow would be a Lesser item. It would automatically have a +3 enhancement bonus, as that's granted by your in-build damage progression.

Does that make sense?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lockepick

I know we're talking via PM, but thought I'd ask this question publicly:

Are you allowing custom races using the RP system from Advanced Race Guide?

If so: what is the max amount of RP we can spend? I believe it is usually 10, but I think Dwarves are actually 12 or something.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ghostwheel

Nope, just what's published, though I might nerf tieflings and aasimars *slightly* (prolly just take away energy resistance or something).

Bear

Whilst I have no knowledge of the League of Legends setting, I'm interested.

When would you like characters by? I need to refresh my Pathfinder knowledge, before getting into the meat of things.

Ghostwheel

In the next few days, once I fill up on players or decide to start the game, we'll get going. At most I'll probably leave this up for a week, give or take a few days, and then choose the concepts I like best.

Muse

Hi. 

Thank you for pointing this out to me, Ghost.  I have to leave now, but I'll finish Sweetwater by morning. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

My Ranger has 3 favored enemies, are you going to be using the usual monster types? It's kinda hard to pick these without knowing what is somewhat common in an encounter as one learns about the world.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ghostwheel

Yes, usual monster types will be used. You could either decide by flavor of what your character has faced in the past (flavorfully), try to choose the widest-covering ones, or take an archetype that replaces it like Guide.

godfang

i have a tryn build, he's a barbarian (as is fitting) which uses great cleave and has die hard, can i use him as tryndamere or do you want me to play ocs? I also have an udyr build but that requires him to be played as a deadly fist (psionic archetype of soulknife).

I'd love to play one of those two :D

Ghostwheel

Quote from: godfang on October 13, 2013, 06:09:10 PM
i have a tryn build, he's a barbarian (as is fitting) which uses great cleave and has die hard, can i use him as tryndamere or do you want me to play ocs? I also have an udyr build but that requires him to be played as a deadly fist (psionic archetype of soulknife).

I'd love to play one of those two :D

1. What? What's "ocs"? What are you talking about?
2. I can't understand you. Is English your native language, or are you native to a different part of the world?
3. Please read the opening post carefully. I said explicitly and specifically that players are not champions, and won't be playing them.

godfang

oc's are original characters. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with my english, but if you can't understand them i guess i'll play with someone else who does.

Lockepick

BTW: Are we allowed to take any traits? If so, how many?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Inash

I'll try to come up with something tomorrow

Ghostwheel

Quote from: godfang on October 13, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
oc's are original characters. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with my english, but if you can't understand them i guess i'll play with someone else who does.

For what it's worth, the lack of capitalization threw me off, but no prob :-)

Quote from: lockepick on October 13, 2013, 06:36:25 PM
BTW: Are we allowed to take any traits? If so, how many?

Yes, 2 of 'em.

Quote from: Inash on October 14, 2013, 12:39:51 AM
I'll try to come up with something tomorrow

Sounds good.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest! However I need study the LoL material to get feel of the setting.

But a question; is Summoner (Base Class) allowed? I am not going to Synthesist, either standard summoner or Wild Caller or Broodmaster archtypes (not sure are there elves in setting).

However, I did notice in league of legends they use summoners conjure champions and lesser summoners sending mindless minions to aid champion in the arena battles. So I imagine being summoner is one common magical professions.

Ghostwheel

You don't need to justify it--yes, summoners are fine, regardless of what archetype they take. I don't mind if you go Synthesist if you want. There's a pre/misconception that they're too powerful, but having done the math I can pretty well say it's not true.

As for the summoners in the League of Legends, they're often 1st-level commoners or whatever--the Institute of War provides the means to summon and control champions upon the Fields of Justice, so being a summoner is not necessarily a common magical profession, and I'd even daresay it's pretty rare.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Sounds good, add the other stuff as well to your application? (Appearance, background, etc etc etc)

Muse

Background is at the bottom of the sheet.  Let me find you her character portrait and I'll write up more on her appearance. 

Lockepick

My sheet is actually almost done (except gear), I just need to do some research on the setting to work on my backstory. I will have something posted by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully before tomorrow!

For the record: Going Human Spellthief. Though most of the people here probably have seen me trying to get this to work for a couple of games that have collapsed!

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Muse on October 14, 2013, 07:50:37 AM
Background is at the bottom of the sheet.  Let me find you her character portrait and I'll write up more on her appearance. 

Quote from: lockepick on October 14, 2013, 08:23:00 AM
My sheet is actually almost done (except gear), I just need to do some research on the setting to work on my backstory. I will have something posted by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully before tomorrow!

For the record: Going Human Spellthief. Though most of the people here probably have seen me trying to get this to work for a couple of games that have collapsed!

Sounds good, I've added a list of applicants to the original post. Get your characters in if you want a spot, like I've said before, I'll be taking 4-6 people based on background, concept, and the like!

Anon315

I'd like to play a Psionic class if that's all right, still whittling it down between Marksman, Psion, and Cryptic. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES!! Might just go back to a Witch or something as we seem to have a lack of healing-centric folks and a Witch at 14th level is a formidable force.

As to asking about classes, there is pretty much an example of any class and most races within the game. Summoner? Yorick, maybe. He summons undead ghoul thingies. Annie summons Tibbers, who is kinda like an eidolon on the short term.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Anon315 on October 14, 2013, 09:46:47 AM
I'd like to play a Psionic class if that's all right, still whittling it down between Marksman, Psion, and Cryptic. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES!! Might just go back to a Witch or something as we seem to have a lack of healing-centric folks and a Witch at 14th level is a formidable force.

I know we have a soulknife, so any of those would be fine.

As far as a healer, someone's already PMed me and told me that they'd like to make someone who focuses almost exclusively on healing, though we'll see if they post their sheet in the near future and actually get into the game.

Blinkin

Updated the original character post with a vague sort of background. I couldn't settle on a place so she's just not sure where she's from... If you need more, I'll have to have some suggestions on locations.

I should have the character sheet tonight.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Anon315

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 14, 2013, 10:10:42 AM
I know we have a soulknife, so any of those would be fine.

As far as a healer, someone's already PMed me and told me that they'd like to make someone who focuses almost exclusively on healing, though we'll see if they post their sheet in the near future and actually get into the game.

Ahh, nice. Soulknife, Spellthief, I'm seeing some glass cannon-ish classes. We have a summoner, so we might have a tanky eidolon so as to alleviate the need for a frontliner. I think I will go Marksman. Character developing over the next few hours.

Lockepick

This might be the first game in existence that doesn't have a single wizard and/or cleric in it...

Ghostwheel

It might be my lengthened spellcasting thingy :-3

That said, without it, casters can very easily make other classes redundant, especially at higher levels. This way the tanks out front have an actual role of protecting the squishies long enough for them to get off their world-shattering spells ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Or my case; Eidolon although summoners do not have much in combat spell department.

Blinkin

Working on a ranger who'll end up acting more like a patriot missile battery than a archer... Definently not a front line type, but from as little as a few feet, a damage disher-outer if she can hit.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

EndofDivine

Well, here's mine. In the context of the actual game, I think she'd best be described as a mix between Zed and Akali with a dash of Kassadin thrown in for flavor (and because the Void reeks of Lovecraft and awesome). Mostly just heavily focused on stealth, mobility, and lots of hot sneak attack action. Another glass cannon type too...but to be fair, I totally started on this idea before you guys posted your ideas. So stop copying me you guys.

Character Sheet

Fluffy Bits
Background: Rin is a relic of an age long past that has found herself in a strange new world; a world where nearly every trace of the legacy she struggled so hard to maintain has vanished. Her story begins over 200 years ago on the island of Ionia. Rin was raised among the Kinkou clan, a peaceful existence dedicated to the pursuit of enlightenment and personal perfection. The strength of Rin's body and mind soon placed her above her peers, her dedication catching the eyes of her masters and the clan's leadership as she came of age. They sought a student worthy of the clan's shadow technique, a student that possessed the strength of spirit necessary to not fall victim to desire and ambition. It had been decades since someone had been chosen for the honor, countless others before her had fallen into corruption. The Kinkou were prepared to seal the ancient secrets away, shunning the uncontrollable thirst for power that the darkness brought...but Rin was to be their last chance; a final test and the deciding factor of the shadow's fate. She would undergo the training and the trials necessary and prove to the clan that the shadows weren't to be feared.

The years of training yielded only mild success. Rin's abilities were certainly enhanced - to the point where she was without equal amongst the clan - but she held back from using the full potential lest she lose control and become a slave to the shadow. Still, when a creature from the void found itself on the island nation, Rin was the champion chosen to force it back into the darkness. In that capacity, she succeeded, driving the creature back to the realm that spawned it. However, Rin was also pulled into the hungering void as she worked to seal the creature's entrance to this world. Her clan kept vigil for months, hoping beyond hope that Rin could find her way back. It was only after a year had passed that the patrols stopped. As far as they could tell, Rin had either perished or fallen victim to the corruption of the void. Either way, the last hope for the shadow technique was extinguished, a failed experiment that would be locked away and forgotten.

But while the world moved on, Rin wandered the Void for months, too weak to escape but too strong to be overcome by the dark and twisted creatures that called the realm home. To survive, she did as she had always done: she adapted. She came to rely more and more on the shadows in this dark plane of alien nature and, in time, she even came to rely on the energies from the Void itself. It wasn't until she surrendered to the strange powers that she found the strength to escape; allowing the void to touch her mind and seep into her body. With her newly void-infused shadow abilities, Rin was finally able to tear her way out of the realm's grasp...only to find a world that was almost as alien as the one she had left. While she spent what only felt like months surrounded by the Void, two centuries had passed in the real world. Her clan had been replaced by a dark perversion of the very powers she fought so hard to control and the influence of Noxus had tainted her island home.

Left without a family, clan, or home, Rin wandered the land before encountering the Institute of War. A force of balance in a war-torn world...it felt familiar in a way and spoke to the obligations she held in her earlier life. While the Kinkou would not approve of solving disputes with violence, the Institute at least provided a guiding hand that sought to bring order to the land.

Appearance: Even with the presence of the Void that still lingers inside her, Rin appears to be human in every way despite the changes she's undergone. Her medium length black hair alternates between hanging down near her shoulders, partially hiding her face and gray eyes, or being pulled back into a ponytail depending on the situation. Her skin has a light olive tone and she carries a few colorful tattoos of symbols important to the Kinkou on her back, shoulder, and arms.

Rin typically dresses in darker colors such as blacks and grays and wears clothing and armor that is as light and flexible as possible. She usually hides her face like others of her clan though it's more out of habit these days rather than trying to hide her identity. Her dual weapons hang near her lower back, symbols of good fortune etched into their hilts. The first sword, Raitou, was a gift from the Tempest, a sword of sparkling steel that harnessed the speed and power of the skies. The second sword, Kurokage, a darkened blade with an ebony handle, was a relic passed down from the previous student of shadows.

Personality: Rin has a serene nature and others will find her to be patient and accepting in all things. She's a bit reserved as she doesn't really understand this new world or the people within it. Deep down, she desires to find her place in this time and she will do whatever she can to make others like her and fit in, sometimes trying a bit too hard and just making herself look even more out of place than she already is.

Rin also hides a darker nature deep within herself. The Void has touched her mind and spirit and it cries out to her constantly, demanding chaos and destruction. It's only been through Rin's overpowering determination and strength of mind that she's been able to keep the hunger inside her at bay. And while the Void's power has it's benefits, Rin seeks to rid herself of its taint in any way she can.

Inash

I'm thinking a halfling magus/fighter.  Today I turning busy on me, and i haven't had a chance to jot anything down yet.

Muse

If ghost is talking about me, I'm a Wilder, not a Soul Knife.  :) 

Zaer Darkwail

Work in process folks. Will edit this post later include background details and also appearance of eidolon. Went for Wild Caller archtype.

Zirus Darkleaf
Lanfaer (eidolon)

Once upon time there was rich green kingdom in southern parts of Valoran, it was called Twilight Woods, a forest of eternal shadow and lush and green with life. It was domain of ancient civilization of elves known as Dusk Elves, elves who embraced shadow and the darkness of the night and worshiped ancient forces of nature and the moon itself.

However, despite centuries reign they were overcome and soon their forestry realm was ravaged from resources and over time once lush place became known as Shurima Desert which in itself has long history of ancient kingdom which details are forgotten. To most the Twilight Woods is mere myth, fanciful tale of civilization which never existed. Or did it exist?

Zirus Darkleaf's tale begins from more than millenia ago; his mother was priestess of moon goddess and also heir of the kingdom who was kidnapped and raped by human mage warlord before she was rescued. When Zirus was born she died, leaving Zirus as only legitimate heir by right of blood but because he was half-blood he was viewed much with scorn and dislike by rest dusk elves. So he have got a very awful start on his life. He had a cousin who hungered for throne but kept his desire in secret and became his best friend when Zirus was nine. One day when they were playing in woods he dared him to go to forbidden grove; a place which was forbidden for his people to enter.

Zirus, with strong feel to prove himself went to forbidden grove and went deeper than anyone ever before. Feeling triumphant that he had got rid of Zirus the half-blood prince the cousin went screaming around the village he had entered forbidden grove and had not returned! Zirus was gone for a year and in that time his cousin was chosen as new heir. However, in that year Zirus met first time Lanfaer who was ancient guardian of the grove. A frightening dark guardian who was tasked to slay any mortal who dared enter realm of the immortal feys and defy their laws. But she admired Zirus courage and spared him, with condition he stays for year entertain the feys and fey alike creatures of the grove. A condition which young Zirus accepted.

So Zirus entertained feys with stories, playing games with them and just being himself. He found acceptance among them (a luxury which he had never experienced before) and also his sorcerous powers awakened and were forever more influenced by ancient powers of the twilight woods. He returned year later from forbidden grove, a feat which no dusk elf had ever achieved before and his cousin demanded him to be banished or executed, even blaming him to be fraud. Zirus, hurt by betrayal of his friend called upon his powers bring forth his eidolon; Lanfaer herself. Upon manifesting in front of the court he reclaimed his throne while Lanfaer showed simple wicked justice of the feys by devouring his cousin who had betrayed his trust and fooled him to enter forbidden grove. Since then Zirus was respected but also feared by his own people because of his powers to call upon mythical creatures of the twilight woods onto his aid, including manifestation of it's one most powerful guardian.

However, his reign was not peaceful one as human kingdom (which in future will found Shurima kingdom) continued encroach their woods; feeling trees and using magic recklessly which drained too much natural magic from Valoran itself! Dusk elves practiced magic but they practiced carefully as they knew the risks and effects what overuse magic would cause! A whole ten years since taking the throne Zirus had faced horrors and terror of warfare, participating many battlefields where he employed his magic and proved to be one most powerful champions of his people. His enemies knew this and so one their powerful mages cornered him in one battlefield and they fought, however when Zirus was about finish off his opponent he was ambushed by assassins who used venom created from blood of basilisk....which resulted in Zirus body turning into stone.

Dusk elves were soon crushed after and his statue form was taken as a trophy by the same powerful mage who's assassin ally had laid the killing blow on the half-blood prince. So Shurama kingdom was founded and the civilization recklessly used their magic to drain all natural energy and turn once lush region into desert just in couple generations. Then came time when Shurama kingdom fell and became mere legend and rest world continued on while Zirus remained as a statue. Then came Runewars and then chaotic energies in near cataclysmic era then broke the ancient once unbroken curse; cracking the statue shattered and Zirus was once again breathing and wondering what sort of world he had awakened to!

Since then Zirus had studied history and catch up on things, faced sadness with seeing that twilight woods did not exist anymore. Lanfaer herself also had weakened and retired for good into celestial realm and continue her hunts under shadow of the stars. Zirus knew the catastrophe was coming and what was the reason for it. Zirus met one the powerful summoners who then founded Institute of War and helped found League of Legends as alternative to open warfare conflict where magic raged rampart and caused much harm to Runeterra. Since then Zirus has worked as agent of the Institute of War for good many years. He is skilled diplomat and his own powers are nothing to shrug at, but he tries avoid violence when he can as he knows true nature of bloody warfare as he had once been a king of kingdom which is mere myth to even most talented scholars.

Personality: Zirus had long time ago mourned and moved past on loss of his kingdom. He has no desires become king again as he knew how much burden such task can be. So he focus on keeping peace and finding lasting peace in Valoran. He is jaded but he is not cold; he just has seen so much bloodshed and horror in his life he is no longer easily shaken by it. Zirus does not much advertise his origin; he mostly shrugs off any questions or inquiries about his past and that has given him mysterious feel to most other people. To him his own past is ancient history, literally speaking so he does not bother talk about it. So he focus on living on present and planning little for his own future. So far he had become fan of watching the League of Legend games like most rest Valoran has and he has his own favorites as well. But despite being skilled summoner he himself desires not become contestant. However, even if he dislikes violence he does not shy using it if that's all what it takes to stop suffering. As after all, he lived in close contact with feys and Lanfaer herself reminds him often wisdom of the long forgotten feys and their ways. Even kindest feys can be ruthless when survival is at stake.

Appearance: Zirus stands six foot tall with white hair which where he has two braids in right side of his face and right side is long archaic tattoo. His skin has dark bronze and his body is well toned and athletic. He has sharp ears and facial features and faintly glowing amber eyes. He usually wears dark silk shirt and dark leather pants and gray long boots along with white overcoat with a hood. He wears a dark blue satchel hanging from leather belt where near is two wands and one rod tucked in. He also carries a dark wooden crossbow in other side of his hip with filled bolt clip. Besides these items he carries his most powerful magic item; Staff of the moon, which was symbol of nation which king he was of but now it's symbolism is lost as is the nation. Yet the staff still retains it's potent enchantments which is reason why he carries it (besides it's sentimental value).

Lanfaer takes form as bat winged large panther with eyes which shine with silvery hue of moonlight. However at times during experimenting with spells and evolution's she has two other forms; one as dusky skinned feline woman and a panther centaur hybrid (as sometimes having hands is useful as she says). When Lanfaer has been summoned, both she and Zirus share a glowing tattoo. As clever ruse Zirus had copied the summoner's rune into his face as black tattoo but when it's truly active it glows in purple light and it glows in same spot in Lanfaer.

Zaer Darkwail

A question; Wild Caller adds 1/4 of summoner level on evolution pool amount. However half-elf favored class feature also can give same bonus; would the bonuses stack? Or change it for easier math to be 1/2 of summoner level (same number in 20th level and so on but in present 14th I would have +7 evolution points instead +6).

Ebb

First cut at stats for Borpal, from the Bubbling Bog. Grippli Inquisitor. Call him one part Yoda, one part Rygel from Farscape, and one part machine gun.

I'll be working on background & description next. (Spoiler alert: He looks like a frog.)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681279

Blinkin

Lydia's in your box GW. Hope I got the scores right.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ShadowFox89

Tentative interest as a Psion (telepath). Will post up more after I've read all the fluff.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Still room in this? Also, what races are allowed if anything?

I'm going to make a Akali clone anyway, so human ninja for me. I could be her sister or something or other.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Inash

I have a grant proposal that will possibly land me a better job due Wednesday, so here is my incomplete application.  I will finish it Wednesday evening, or as an occasional break before then.

Teeki - Yordle (halfling) fighter 4 /Magus 10.

Description forthcoming after I have time to find a reasonable picture.

A short bit of history:  A cousin of Teemo's.  He shares some of Teemo's attitudes regarding enemies of the Yordle people.  He has served in the Megling Commandos for about 7 years and is considering retirement so that he is no longer as restricted by the military rules and regulations.

Personality:  Still working on that.

Ok, here is the start on the sheet:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681357  I don't have stats yet as I am still deciding between a dexterity and more traditional fighter build.  Which would be a better fit, a short wall o steel for the rest to crouch behind and fire over, or something a bit more get out after the opponent?  I also haven't picked any archetypes because of the same question, well that and I'm not positive I need an archetype. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: NicciKotor on October 14, 2013, 07:12:31 PM
Still room in this? Also, what races are allowed if anything?

Well, overall same races as Champions are available. Below is link someone listing the races (does not have complete list as I did find a elf champion);

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=938556

Phaia

is there still room?

Perhaps you all can help answer a question that has arose in different forum group.

A rogue cab sneak attack [from flank] with a ranged attack 30 feet or less. if the rogue takes the talent minormagic and chooses acid slasp can that be used as the range attack for gaining sneak attack bonus? How about Magic missle [ talent major magic]?

also can mage hand be used to open a lock with no tools and wth a minus? RAW suggests it could as long as the weight needed to work the tumblers was no greater then 5 pounds? could mage hand use tools to open a lock at a distance?
i am considering just a simple half elf rogue if allowed to play and the above was offered ina  discussion in another game. from what it seems a rogue should be able to sneak attack with acid splash or magic missle

phaia

Anon315

Ranged attackers don't flank (with a few EXTREMELY rare exceptions), but you could gain sneak attack on a ranged attack against an opponent who is flat footed or denied his dex to ac. I don't think the spells would work though, as they aren't ATTACKS, they are spells. (Even if they used "ranged touch attacks")

Zaer Darkwail

Well, what comes to rogue using mage hand the arcane trickster haves following feature as at-will;

Ranged Legerdemain (Su): An arcane trickster can use Disable Device and Sleight of Hand at a range of 30 feet. Working at a distance increases the normal skill check DC by 5, and an arcane trickster cannot take 10 on this check. Any object to be manipulated must weigh 5 pounds or less. She can only use this ability if she has at least 1 rank in the skill being used.

So, my own ruling as a ST (and likely ST judgement here in my opinion) is that rogues cannot do pick locks nor sleight of hand with mage hand (even if mage hand is demanded cantrip known to enter arcane trickster). As allowing any rogue do mage hand trickery would render arcane trickster first level feature a moot. So my own advice is to blend 3 levels as wizard (bare minimum to entry) and 3 levels as rogue (because +2d6 sneak attack and 4 ranks in skills can be taken as cross class skills as wizard) and take level as arcane trickster to do what you want (plus get acid splash as at-will cantrip). Then 8 levels as arcane trickster yields pretty solid build, or you just level dip in arcane trickster just for first level feature and take rest levels as rogue as you like (so build being rogue 10/wizard 3/arcane trickster 1).

Now in regards flanking and spells; As Anon315 said normally you do not flank foes with ranged attacks. But you can probably fire off ranged attack on foe who is being flanked by two other combatants (like party's figther and ranger example) and get sneak attack.

In spells wise; the spell needs to have ranged attack roll (normal or ranged touch) to allow sneak attacks with them. So Acid Splash would work but magic missile would not. As ray spells are considered 'weapon alike' and so qualify for sneak attacks (and most orb or other ranged touch attacks).

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, also question about my own char; is Leadership feat allowed and if so; would it give cohort and followers or only a cohort or followers? I ask as I have scepter which doubles number of followers (and gives them Bless effect constantly running, including summoned minions).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Anon315 on October 15, 2013, 12:47:51 AM
Ranged attackers don't flank (with a few EXTREMELY rare exceptions), but you could gain sneak attack on a ranged attack against an opponent who is flat footed or denied his dex to ac. I don't think the spells would work though, as they aren't ATTACKS, they are spells. (Even if they used "ranged touch attacks")

You can sneak attack with a spell that requires an attack roll. It's just about the ONLY reason in Pathfinder to mutliclass into a rogue.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 14, 2013, 11:56:01 PM
Well, overall same races as Champions are available. Below is link someone listing the races (does not have complete list as I did find a elf champion);

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=938556

As I mention in the original post, all Pathfinder races can be used and if you are accepted I will work with you to find where they may have come from or the like.

Quote from: Phaia on October 15, 2013, 12:37:06 AM
A rogue cab sneak attack [from flank] with a ranged attack 30 feet or less. if the rogue takes the talent minormagic and chooses acid slasp can that be used as the range attack for gaining sneak attack bonus? How about Magic missle [ talent major magic]?

What others have said, if it has an attack roll, you can sneak attack with it as long as you're flanking or they're denied dex to AC.

also can mage hand be used to open a lock with no tools and wth a minus? RAW suggests it could as long as the weight needed to work the tumblers was no greater then 5 pounds? could mage hand use tools to open a lock at a distance?

Yes, at a -2 penalty. Mage Hand doesn't have the deftness required to maneuver tumblers open and the like, as someone mentioned, you need Arcane Trickster for that.

i am considering just a simple half elf rogue if allowed to play and the above was offered ina  discussion in another game. from what it seems a rogue should be able to sneak attack with acid splash or magic missle

Sounds good, you'd be able to sneak attack with Acid Splash (or Scorching Ray, or Polar Ray, etc), but not with Magic Missile as it lacks an attack roll.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2013, 02:24:30 AM
Oh, also question about my own char; is Leadership feat allowed and if so; would it give cohort and followers or only a cohort or followers? I ask as I have scepter which doubles number of followers (and gives them Bless effect constantly running, including summoned minions).

Definitely not. Leadership is a terrible feat and has no room in my game.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2013, 02:20:07 AM
Now in regards flanking and spells; As Anon315 said normally you do not flank foes with ranged attacks. But you can probably fire off ranged attack on foe who is being flanked by two other combatants (like party's figther and ranger example) and get sneak attack.

Please cite your source?

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, no leadership then. But the staff is still good as it boosts moral bonuses by +1 and gives Bless for everyone (and some nifty skill bonuses).

Anyways in regards to firing off into target and flank them with ranged attack I quote one feat; Ranged Flank. As it reads; normally only melee people can flank targets unless you gain class feature allow same thing specifically. If you want do ranged flanking with ray spells; you need Ranged Flanker feat.

Anyways, you can do ranged sneak attacks on foe who has no Dex bonus to AC, may it be through any means (feint, flanked, invisible attacker etc). So if two buddies are flanking a enemy (who has lost dex bonus from AC, in case of feat or uncanny dodge feature the flanking does not remove Dex bonus from AC) then rogue can throw knives and do sneak attacks with it.

Ghostwheel

I noticed a few people who've handed in their character sheets have based their skill points on their final Intelligence modifier; I want to reiterate real quick, as is mentioned on the variant, increases to Intelligence from ability boosts and enhancement do not increase skill points per level.

Also, an enemy being flanked does not deny them their Dexterity bonus to AC, and you need to count as one of the people who are flanking in order to gain sneak attack from an opponent being flanked, so no, even if two other allies are flanking an enemy, you would not get sneak attack damage when attacking with a ranged (or otherwise) weapon if you are not *also* flanking them or have denied them their Dexterity bonus to AC some other way.

Lockepick

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 15, 2013, 02:40:08 AM
Yes, at a -2 penalty. Mage Hand doesn't have the deftness required to maneuver tumblers open and the like, as someone mentioned, you need Arcane Trickster for that.

An Arcane Trickster does so at +5 DC -- so by this ruling, it's actually easier (as -2 penalty is the same as +2 DC) than an actual Arcane Trickster.

As for the Skills: Is this a specific house rule? In Pathfinder, usually any gear that gives Enhancement bonus to Int also comes with skill ranks. Any other Intelligence boosts effect total skill points retroactively.

Source: Under 'Permenant Bonuses'
Source: Headband of Intelligence Specs

EDIT: Let me be clear that I'm perfectly fine if this IS a house rule -- I just wanted to make sure that was the intent.

EDIT: Reading comprehension! Yay! My mistake.

Blinkin

It's a house rule, I think. But, as there are two opinions on retroactive effects and I'm not sure either is any less valid than the other, I would lean toward the not being retroactive. It doesn't make sense to me for you to suddenly know more in the past than you knew at the time or to suddenly remember more than you knew a few moments ago. In the case of the headband, if you remove it, you would loose those skill points along with the INT modifier... if you get a +1 mod increase at level 4 (or 8 or 12), then by all means, add that to the number of skill points you have per level at that time, but going back to add 4 or 8 or 12 skill points retroactively just doesn't make sense to me. That's in the past and altering it is a little bit of a hard sell.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

lockepick: It's specific ruling in the balanced wealth system where instead buying gear you get passive bonuses same as if you had bought the items. So in this case scenario you do not get more skill points than what you get via raw stats. Also this method entirely removes every 4th level stat bonus nor able use tomes or wishes gain stat bonuses.

Read carefully both links folks!

Ofc, this system partly screws over summoner classes as they cannot give 'stat boosting' items to their eidolon but it makes any stat boosting spells more valuable to know (as before bull's strength would be pointless to learn as that point buy could buy eidolon a belt of strength, which in this system you cannot). But can live with it as I made quite decent eidolon and being wild caller and using half-elf favored bonus yields plenty evolution points.

Lockepick

I changed my post, as the ruling seems quite clear on the topic.

I would remind that 3.5e didn't give Skill Points for Enhancement bonuses, where Pathfinder does. Balanced Wealth was written for 3.5e. If we don't want to give additional skill points, I'm fine either way. I just wanted to make sure we were using the rules we intended to use.

Zaer Darkwail

That's true point; in 3.5 SP was not retroactively given if you got Int stat boost. Also true that -2 penalty to use mage hand for roguish stuff still trolls over arcane trickster who increases DC of the tasks by +5. Either penalty needs be bigger or not be possible at all.

Anyways question; can I transfer some my passive stat bonuses onto my eidolon? Like +3 deflection bonus removed from my AC and moved onto eidolon? As I realized Merge Forms (the 20th level summoner capstone) would be complete nerf to my char's AC and abilities as I loose 'item bonuses' and instead gain eidolon bonuses.

So would make sense in balanced wealth eidolon moves most passive bonus gains onto eidolon itself than summoner. Ofc summoner would have magic items and such, but example +3 enchantment bonus to weapons could be moved over to eidolon.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2013, 09:14:07 AM
That's true point; in 3.5 SP was not retroactively given if you got Int stat boost. Also true that -2 penalty to use mage hand for roguish stuff still trolls over arcane trickster who increases DC of the tasks by +5. Either penalty needs be bigger or not be possible at all.

Read comprehension again--like I said, mage hand can't do ranged disable device checks, it's not deft enough. The -2 applies to not using tools at all.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2013, 09:14:07 AM
Anyways question; can I transfer some my passive stat bonuses onto my eidolon? Like +3 deflection bonus removed from my AC and moved onto eidolon? As I realized Merge Forms (the 20th level summoner capstone) would be complete nerf to my char's AC and abilities as I loose 'item bonuses' and instead gain eidolon bonuses.

I'll allow you to move anything but the first column in the table (anything but the stat boosts) to the Eidolon instead of yourself, chosen at the start of the day (and can't be changed until the next day). For weapon, you can apply the enchancement bonus to one natural attack (or pair, if the evolution gives a pair), and you'll have to use the splitting rules (-1 per extra weapon) if you want to grant it to more natural weapons. Same with manufactured weapons--you'll need to either only apply it to one weapon, or split the bonus as per the rules.

That sound fair?

EDIT: I've also updated the character creation rules in the first post to grant characters 2 weapons, 1 suit of armor, and 1,000 gold to start.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, although with magic fang (greater) you can give +1 enchantment bonus to all natural weapons the eidolon haves. So splitting from +3 I can give three weapons +1 (bite, claws and rake). Not to mention later I get 2 more attacks, so overall the trade off is not that good and I likely stick it with my own weapon and use the spell boost my eidolon.

Anyways, stat boosting spells for eidolon then it seems and rest part is good.

Inash

I'm dropping the fighter levels because the myrmicarch archetype gives me most of what I would have gotten out of that anyway.

Teeki - Yordle (halfling) Magus 14 Archetypes:  Bladebound, spellblade, Myrmidarch

Note:  Bladebound gives the magus an intellegent blade, basically as a familiar.  Details here:  http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound  Is this ok?

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/077/4/1/fields_of_justice___last_yordle_standing_by_sazzyranyday-d4t44xb.jpg
Description: Green eyes, greenish brown fur.  (still need to roll height and weight to help finish this, also need to add quirks.)

A short bit of history:  A cousin of Teemo's.  He shares some of Teemo's attitudes regarding enemies of the Yordle people.  He has served in the Megling Commandos for about 7 years and is considering retirement so that he is no longer as restricted by the military rules and regulations.

Personality:  Anything to protect Bandle City, absolutely anything.  Burn a neighboring town to the ground, done.  Help defend a neighboring town, also done.  Pretend to help defend a neighboring town, while turning it into a flaming deathtrap, ... you get the picture.  He has an absolute and almost frightening dedication to the safety of his hometown.  While he is a fairly pleasant individual, and generally forthright and honest, there is no task he won't sink to if it is necessary.

He is also fairly studious and diligent in his studies, both magical and martial.

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681357 Still need to do spell selection and equipment.

If the bladebound archetype is ok, how does that mesh with the balanced wealth rules?  For that matter, how does the arcane pool class feature mesh with the wealth rules?

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Inash on October 15, 2013, 02:00:57 PM
Note:  Bladebound gives the magus an intellegent blade, basically as a familiar.  Details here:  http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/bladebound  Is this ok?

Anything by Paizo is fine. Would you mind making the picture a link? That way it doesn't take 90% of the post :P (Or change img height)

Just a quick note--Myrmidarch uses Spellstrike, but you give up Spellstrike with Spellblade, so the level 4 feature won't be usable.

Inash

I wondered about that.  I wasn't sure if Ranged Spellstrike was dependent on Spellstrike or not.  I may have to rethink the archetype mix a bit, which I will probably do tonight while doing dishes or some such.

ShadowFox89

How do you feel about adapting the Warblade and Disciplines to Pathfinder?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Is ninja girl is a okay template to run with here? Need some validation before getting into the gritty.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Ebb

Adding background and description:

Prince Borpal of the Bubbling Bog, Lord of the Honeytoe Tribe
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681279

Borpal was once the Prince of his tribe, an admittedly small and generally overlooked group of Grippli living in a corner of the Bubbling Bog. He stood almost two inches taller than his brethren -- well, all except for Weird-Eye Topal, but no one ever really considered him a contender for the Honeycomb Throne. The life of the Honeytoe Tribe was peaceful, save for occasional skirmishes with rival Grippli tribes which seldom resulted in a single casualty. The people were poor, honorable, wise and generally insulated from the chaos of the rest of the world. If they were known for anything it was for the quality of their honey, which sometimes fetched a high price in cities far, far away from the little swamp.

It was a peaceful existence until one afternoon Topal vanished only hours before a rampaging Runestorm devastated their swamp. As if the rampaging spells weren't enough, chaotic beasts emerged from the roiling mists and either slew or carried off all of the tribe members save for Borpal himself, who managed to slay the demon who was attempting to abduct him.

After burying the dead, Borpal swore that justice would be served, cold, to those supernatural forces who had wiped out his tribe. He was granted the divine might of the Swamp Gods, and has since pursued his quest with single-minded devotion, despite being not entirely sure who was responsible for the attack. Though pretty much any wizard or demon makes a good target.

Borpal can be pleasant, though his alien ways sometimes come off as offputting to mammalian folk. He is wise far beyond his years and size, with two giant gelatinous discerning eyes that seem to be able to peer into the souls of others and a ten-foot silver tongue. With demons he spares no quarter and can be a terror to behold.

Borpal wears a green quilted jacket, a holy symbol around his neck, and no pants or shoes. He typical travels sitting cross-legged on his tiny flying carpet, hovering at a height to put him into easy eye contact with his human companions. The inquisitor wields a scaled-down repeating crossbow heavy with enchantment. Borpal's skin is mottled green and gray with a dull sheen. His eyes are bright green, and his underbelly and throat sac tend toward yellowish-green. His voice is a surprising baritone.

Phaia

nice ebb but ya need to turn on access to mythweavers  i have an account there and it would not let me see the sheet!!

Phaia

Ebb

Quote from: Phaia on October 15, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
nice ebb but ya need to turn on access to mythweavers  i have an account there and it would not let me see the sheet!!

Phaia

Oops -- I made a level 1 version, then copied over to make the level 14, and hadn't marked the second one public. Thanks for catching that.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: NicciKotor on October 15, 2013, 06:52:16 PM
Is ninja girl is a okay template to run with here? Need some validation before getting into the gritty.

I think ninja girl is okay concept, more what weights in is background itself and needing study the Runeterra lore and fit her off somewhere.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, updated my char post with the personality and background. A warning though; it's big wall of text :P. Anyways charsheet is ready for view, in Other Notes section is Lanfear's stats as eidolon.

Phaia

i want to sure i have this right this should be the way to build the character ??
race is half elf:
primary class -rogue/ secoandry magus
         base    + racial     +primary   + extra [7]    + 4 too all        final
str    10[0]                                               [10]        +4 [14]          str 14
con  13 [3]                                              [13]         +4 [17]          con 17
dex 17 [13]    +2 [19]     +7 [26]            [26]             [26]           dex 26
int   14 [ 5]                                              [14]         +4 [18]         int 18 [skill points based on 14 +2 per level]
wis  12 [2]                                          +4 [16]         +4 [20]        wis 20
cha  13 [3]                                          +3 [16]        +4 [20]         cha 20

phaia

Ebb

That matches my understanding, Phaia. One small caveat is that it might be worth keeping track of the numbers both before and after that last +4, since that's an 'enhancement' plus that doesn't stack with things like Bull's Strength, etc.

Ghostwheel

Lockepick

Human Spellthief
Appearance

Bresnahan was 'born' three years ago into the body of somebody physically sixteen. His body was built and designed for speed and precision over strength, giving him toned and tight muscles. His hair is dark, shaved close to his scalp along the sides and left longer along the middle. His eyes are a bright blue, that glow when he's channeling or activating a charge. His fair skin is devoid of any scars or marks that one might earn in gaining his level of combat prowess, the expanse of skin only marred by the dark tattoos that run across his left side. When he's channeling or activating a charge, the tattoos will begin to glow with a blue-grey light. When the power is exceptionally strong, it almost looks like the tattoos are shifting and changing to different symbols.
Backstory
In the City of Zaun, there are many wizards, mechanics, and scholars trying to advance their own power through experimentation. The Archmage Diadem was just another citizen, squirreled away in his own little corner, conducting horrifying and twisted experiments for as long as he could before he got caught. In the case of Diadem: he was trying to create an heir. He combined his own genetic material with that of all sorts of other sorcerers and monsters in a hope to create a magically pure being. Most of his experiments turned out as twisted monsters that had to immediately be put down. Occasionally, something would come out that resembled a human, typically with a potent inherent knack for magic. Diadem treated them like his children, though they hardly looked like a family, with each of the children bearing traits for any number of creatures and abominations in their 'lineage.'

Bresnahan was one such experiment that teetered between success and failure. He was designed and born in the laboratory, his first day awake had him physically well into his teens. He was the least deformed and looked the most human, outside of the glowing markings across half his body that almost resembled tattoos. Diadem assumed there was something to learn from Bresnahan, even as a failure, which was the only reason he was kept alive. He learned quickly about what he had inherited from his maker, as during his escape from the laboratory, he absorbed the spells from his guards and fired them back at them.

Bresnahan continued moving out away from the laboratory. The world should have been entirely new and confusing, but he found himself having an familiarity with the world around him. He ran to the north from Zaun into Pitlover, where he eventually got a job in a small machine shop. He originally worked there just to keep the place clean, doing grunt work to afford basic room and board. Over the years, as he developed more understanding and control over his powers, he became more useful in transferring power from one thaumaturgical device to another.

His powers outgrew the needs of the shop, and even though Bresnahan saw no reason to leave; his benefactor did. He was sent off to find the Institute of War, to find a greater use for his abilities. To help prepare him should Diadem ever decide to recollect his experiment...
Personality
Bresnahan is still learning about the world. Every new fact feels familiar, but it's like remembering something he had forgotten. It has given him a strong respect, and reliance, for instinct. He is generally a friendly sort; he's been lucky that most of his experiences with people in the few years of his life have been positive.

Apologies for a rather mundane and low-quality photo. It was hard to find something I liked for the tattoos. Character will wear a shirt normally. I just figured it was more interesting to showcase the tattoos.

Phaia

GW, couple of questions for ya?  could i drop one [or more] of the mw items [amor and weapon] to have a homunculus
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/homunculus

i waqs also planning on taking craft alchemny : poisons....the night dancer [her war name] uses them

also could she have other 'identities'
i see her as the spy, rogue, handler for the IoW

phaia

Ghostwheel

Can't drop the mundane items, but I'll allow you to get it for a Least item. And you have a thousand gold to play around with for poisons and the like.

Phaia

are we considered to have whatever mundane ites we need like bed rolls, horses etc or do we have to buy all that as well?

phaia

Ghostwheel

Phaia

i am leaning toward this as the image for my character

phaia

Inash

I have my sheet more or less finished I think.  I tried to guess on how the armor and weapons enhancement works.

How does the weapon enhancement interact with Magus class features though, especially the bladebound archetype?

For reference, here is the sheet:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681357

ShadowFox89

Might have been missed, but can I use an adaption of the Warblade from 3.5's Tome of Battle?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

hey GW how ya doing?

I Gots more questions!
I may very well take the homunculus since it costs 2000 gold and can have its hd increased  by paying 2000 more which keeps it right at the least cutoff . would that be allowed?

also can i mix items that are less then 25000 example i was considering winged boots [16000] + boots of springing and striding [5500] they are simalar in that they work on movement?

last thing i would love to have as her weapon a bladed belt iwould  be willing to drop a + of enchanement to keep it a least item with +2 frost on it? it adds color to how i see her...normally appearing at best to carry throwing knives or a dagger at not much else.

phaia

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Inash on October 16, 2013, 02:19:33 PM
How does the weapon enhancement interact with Magus class features though, especially the bladebound archetype?

The Black Blade explicitly says that it cannot be enhanced in any way but through the Magus abilities, so you'll need to enchant it through your arcane pool.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 16, 2013, 02:28:01 PM
Might have been missed, but can I use an adaption of the Warblade from 3.5's Tome of Battle?

Sorry about that, been really hectic at work the last two days, but should calm down by the weekend.

As much as I love the class, this game's going to be completely Pathfinder, partially to see how the system handles power at higher levels.

Quote from: Phaia on October 16, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
I may very well take the homunculus since it costs 2000 gold and can have its hd increased  by paying 2000 more which keeps it right at the least cutoff . would that be allowed?

Sure, that's fine.

also can i mix items that are less then 25000 example i was considering winged boots [16000] + boots of springing and striding [5500] they are simalar in that they work on movement?

While I'll let you reassign item effects to different slots, no, you can't mix enchantments. That kinda takes away from the "iconic" nature of the items--I don't want to be mixing 5 different effects into one item when people get Greater items.

last thing i would love to have as her weapon a bladed belt iwould  be willing to drop a + of enchanement to keep it a least item with +2 frost on it? it adds color to how i see her...normally appearing at best to carry throwing knives or a dagger at not much else.

Remember, for weapons and armor, the bonus enhancement number doesn't matter for the purpose of Least/Lesser/Greater--just the number of enchantments it has on it.

So you could have a Frost dagger, a Flame Bladed Belt, and a Corrosive scimitar; each one would be a least item, but as long as you didn't use them at the same time they would all be at your normal enhancement bonus. If you used two of them at the same time, only then would you need to split the enhancement bonus.

So yes, you can take that as a Least item if you only have a damage booster on it.

ShadowFox89

Understandable.... How about an Aegis then? It's from Dream Scarred Press, and essentially turns you into Psionic Iron Man. Or maybe a Marksman.....

Though when Path of War comes out.... >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Either of those work, though I think someone's already got a marksman in mind. That said, I personally like the Protector archetype (at least to 5th level) as a way to tank effectively for your party, one of the (very) few ways that you can build a decent tank who can effectively stop his teammates from taking damage in Pathfinder.

Ebb

A bump to the top, and a question: How many players do you plan to take for this game?

Inash

Ah, I figured part of it out.  The enhancement bonus listed in the black blade progression table, is the damage bonus for the 'black blade strike' ability.

Ok, so as far as magic items go.  I get three least and three lesser + a mundane weapon and a suit of mundane armor.  I then get to add the enhancement bonus for the balanced wealth system to the weapon and armor.  So I could get a suit of Hellknight plate, It would effectively be +4.  If I understand your system, I could also add a special ability and a material to it?  So I could effectively have Fortified Admantine Hellknight Plate +4?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ebb on October 17, 2013, 04:04:57 PM
A bump to the top, and a question: How many players do you plan to take for this game?

So far GM has planned take 6. He selects from all finished applications the ones which he likes.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Ebb on October 17, 2013, 04:04:57 PM

4-6, to be exact. I'll be giving people another 2-3 days to finish their applications, and then deciding.

Quote from: Inash on October 17, 2013, 04:10:40 PM
So I could effectively have Fortified Admantine Hellknight Plate +4?

Correct, and that would be a Lesser item. If you removed either Fortified or Adamantine, it would drop to a Least item.

Inash

Ok, so that replaces one of the lesser items, and the returning dagger would replace a least.  got it, thanks.

Ghostwheel

Yep. And remember that you can also add a damage boost (like Shocking) to make a lesser item.

ShadowFox89

Would a Cryptic working as a Royal Inquisitor work then?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Royal of which nation?

That said, yes, psionic classes are fine.

ShadowFox89

Looks like Demacia would be the best suited origin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

i wanted to double check on smething...GW I have been handling a sick little boy for the past and i am kinda behind but have started and neraly finished my character sheet...working on a storybackground

anyway from what i am reading i could take catskin-leather with one armor enhancement and it would be considered a least item?

i have worked out most everything and thanks much for your help an others

phaia

Ghostwheel

From what I'm reading, it would count as a lesser item, since it's not just an enhancement or two, but an item in its own right. Just replace the +1 with +4 from the table.

For all those interested, on Monday I'll be locking the thread, looking over the completed applications, and choosing the same day or the next, so get your completed applications in!

Phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:34:57 PM
From what I'm reading, it would count as a lesser item, since it's not just an enhancement or two, but an item in its own right. Just replace the +1 with +4 from the table.

For all those interested, on Monday I'll be locking the thread, looking over the completed applications, and choosing the same day or the next, so get your completed applications in!

thats kinda what i thought..just wanted to be sure...can an enchanement like spell resistance be added per the  balanced wealth stuff an keep it a lesser?

phaia

Ghostwheel

No, that would boost it into Greater territory. That said, you could get Spell Resistance on a pair of bracers of armor if you wanted.

Phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:39:51 PM
No, that would boost it into Greater territory. That said, you could get Spell Resistance on a pair of bracers of armor if you wanted.

so if i take that ARMOR just increases the + to a +4 to match the enchanement bonus?

Phaia

ShadowFox89

Going with Soulknife...

This is what we get for bonuses, right?

+7 one score
+4 all other scores
+4 armor
+3 weapon
+3 Deflection
+3 natural armor
+4 resistance
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inash

I thought it was +7 one score, +4 all scores (including the one that got +7).

If I'm right above, then I think I am essentially done.  I do have 978 gold to spend though (lots of alchemist fire and acid and such I guess), and item weights to look up so that I know I have that right. 

If I'm wrong above, then I need to change how many spells per day I get, and spell DC.

Ebb

I believe it is:

+7 to one score
A total of +7 to spread around the other five scores
And +4 enhancement bonus to all six scores

Muse

I'm confident that Ebb is correct.  :) 

Inash

Temporarily switching to the most restrictive interpretation (ShadowFox's) until we get a ruling.  Ebb's would be absolutely wonderful though  >:)

Phaia

Quote from: Phaia on October 16, 2013, 10:52:53 AM
i want to sure i have this right this should be the way to build the character ??
race is half elf:
primary class -rogue/ secoandry magus
         base    + racial     +primary   + extra [7]    + 4 too all        final
str    10[0]                                               [10]        +4 [14]          str 14
con  13 [3]                                              [13]         +4 [17]          con 17
dex 17 [13]    +2 [19]     +7 [26]            [26]             [26]           dex 26
int   14 [ 5]                                              [14]         +4 [18]         int 18 [skill points based on 14 +2 per level]
wis  12 [2]                                          +4 [16]         +4 [20]        wis 20
cha  13 [3]                                          +3 [16]        +4 [20]         cha 20

phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 16, 2013, 12:11:31 PM
@Phaia, yes, that is correct.

hope this helps inash!!

Phaia

Ebb

Quote from: Phaia on October 18, 2013, 05:47:44 PM

hope this helps inash!!

Phaia

Phaia, wouldn't your Dex be 30 there, since it should get the +4 like the rest of your scores?

ShadowFox89

Nimble Blade Soulknife it is then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

i dont know but i hope so since that gives her a 30 dex

phaia

Blinkin

Remember that armor doesn't give a highe enough dex option to use it. Hell, I'm not sure that clothing gives that much freedom of movement. *chuckles* I cut my characters dex from 28 to 22 because it was wasting so much mod that couldn't be used with any armor.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

Quote from: Phaia on October 18, 2013, 02:28:10 PM
catskin-leather 

phaia

Blinkin the reason i was considering this ar mor is that it allows full dex mod when worn

Phaia

ShadowFox89

Kinda confused on how weapon bonuses work. Especially because Soulknives normally get a +4 enhancement bonus and +6 worth of enchantments on their soulblade at this level.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inash

Blinkin

Phaia, nice... I have got to dive further into the magic weapons and armor list!

*sighs* Before this game, such an item would of been impossible to aquire, of course, but knowing it was out there would of been nice... Oh well, such is life.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ShadowFox89

A problem that comes up with the wealth system is that there are a couple of Soulknife abilities that allow you to raise your bonuses for two weapons to the bonus that you'd have for a single weapon >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=684566

Need to know what kind of gear I can get.....

My idea for this character is that, mechanics wise, they'll be using Twin Strike + Vital Strike to be making two 3d6+12 +3d8 attacks per turn (the wording of Twin Strike is "when making" which implies as part of rather than exclusionary to any other bonuses). Fluff wise, an accomplished duelist who has made a name for themselves across the land.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

For abilities--again, as it states in the text, it's +4 enhancement to ALL ability scores, +7 bonus to ONE ability score (replaces level up benefits, tomes, wishes, etc), and ANOTHER +7 bonus spread amongst ALL ability scores apart from the one that got +7 before in any combination (so you could add +7 to another stat if you wanted, or +3/+2/+1/+1, and so on).

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 06:23:01 PM
Kinda confused on how weapon bonuses work. Especially because Soulknives normally get a +4 enhancement bonus and +6 worth of enchantments on their soulblade at this level.

Quote from: Balanced Wealth
Soulknife - Until level 4, the soulknife's mindblade does not become magical. However, at that level it counts as an extra Least item. At level 7 it becomes a Lesser item, and at level 14 a Greater item.

So treat it as a Greater item, which means you can add one boost enhancement, one damage enhancement, and have it be made (considered to be made of) any material.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 07:26:56 PM
A problem that comes up with the wealth system is that there are a couple of Soulknife abilities that allow you to raise your bonuses for two weapons to the bonus that you'd have for a single weapon >.>

Following the rules, you'd need to split up the bonus (so one lower bonus in two weapons), as the variant supersedes specific classes in how magical weapons work.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 01:51:34 AM

Need to know what kind of gear I can get.....

My idea for this character is that, mechanics wise, they'll be using Twin Strike + Vital Strike to be making two 3d6+12 +3d8 attacks per turn (the wording of Twin Strike is "when making" which implies as part of rather than exclusionary to any other bonuses). Fluff wise, an accomplished duelist who has made a name for themselves across the land.

Sounds good, but while we can finish character sheets after I choose people if necessary, it would be much better if you had your completed background/appearance/etc up since I'll be deciding based on those.

ShadowFox89

What's the ruling on the cat-armor that Phia asked about, since I'd be interested in it too?

And yeah, I'll work on the fluff today... probably going with the duelist idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:34:57 PM

ShadowFox89

Sorry, it must have gotten lost in all the conversation >.<

So if I grab the Catskin Armor..... I apologize for the many questions, I'm just trying to figure out this system.... Do armor and weapons count towards the "five magic items max"?

For items, besides the catskin armor, I'd like to grab:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items#TOC-Third-Eyes
- Third Eye Sense
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rods/rod-of-flame-extinguishing
- Never know when someone casts Wall of Fire to make an escape!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-of-striding-and-springing
- Speed increase is always nice, let's a melee'r get into combat faster.
And
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/shirt-unfettered
- Oddly, the shirt doesn't specify that you can split up the time across multiple uses in the day.

For fluff... I'm looking at making her a wandering duelist. Possibly born in Noxus, with Elans being a result of Noxian necromantic magic? I figure her to have been trying not to make too big a name for herself, avoiding large competitions and the like.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 19, 2013, 05:10:22 AM
For abilities--again, as it states in the text, it's +4 enhancement to ALL ability scores, +7 bonus to ONE ability score (replaces level up benefits, tomes, wishes, etc), and ANOTHER +7 bonus spread amongst ALL ability scores apart from the one that got +7 before in any combination (so you could add +7 to another stat if you wanted, or +3/+2/+1/+1, and so on).

That case....I miss some stat bonuses yay!

*starts scribe eagerly down*

Anyways, background, personality and appearance done and so is the charsheet. If there are some problems with my background or such give me a note please :).

I think max five magic items count weapons, armor, shields etc into the cap. While wands, scrolls, potions etc which have one use or charges which cannot be renewed are not counted towards it. Staffs in pathfinder have charges also but they can be recharged and so would count likely towards five magic item cap.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 06:22:25 AMDo armor and weapons count towards the "five magic items max"?

Yes, unless they're non-magical (in which case you only get the enhancement bonus from the chart). Remember, you get 3 least items, 3 lesser items, but can only gain the benefit of 5 at a time.

And Ionia, what with the psionic nature of Elans and such, would probably be a better fit overall.

ShadowFox89

Do class-granted items count against the limit?

Scratch that, was too tired to remember/notice that they're "extra" items.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ebb

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
Do we roll HP or take average?

First post of the thread says Max HP per level.

Phaia

GW!, since i see you like Deadpool and a while back i was in a marvel group with someone that played him roitousily
i thought i would let my former character give DP some needed guidance

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

phaia

ShadowFox89

After getting some help from the nice folks on the Legend IRC (not League of Legends, but Legend RPG system), I've come up with a bit of a skeleton for my character's background....

As a child, Tsurai arrived in Ionia on a boat that had markings of the Shadow Isles. She lived in Ionia for many years, learning the Wuju Style. Her hot-headedness made life there unsuitable however, as she often clashed with the elders. She left Ionia around the age of eighteen, heading for Zaun. There, she made a name for herself as a duelist and bodyguard, protecting merchants from assassins and challenging gang leaders in the underworld when not on the job.

Tsurai first came in contact with the Institute when word came of Noxus's war with Ionia. She returned to the island that she knew as her home for so many years, aiding in it's defense. Tsurai tore through the Noxian lines, but like the other defenders of Ionia knew they were being pushed back. When Ionia declared it's intention to join the League, Tsurai left, discontent with such an idea.

As she left Ionia, the Institute of War approached her. They made her an offer; work for them, and they could help her find the reason for her wanderlust. Curious, and wishing to know more of just where it was she came from, Tsurai accepted.

I hope that works... I'm not terribly familiar with the LoL lore, and there doesn't appear to be a good timeline of things.. I can adjust the age if needed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 03:34:50 PM
GW!, since i see you like Deadpool and a while back i was in a marvel group with someone that played him roitousily
i thought i would let my former character give DP some needed guidance

phaia

The yellow boxes give Deadpool all the guidance he needs :P

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
After getting some help from the nice folks on the Legend IRC (not League of Legends, but Legend RPG system), I've come up with a bit of a skeleton for my character's background....

As a child, Tsurai arrived in Ionia on a boat that had markings of the Shadow Isles. She lived in Ionia for many years, learning the Wuju Style. Her hot-headedness made life there unsuitable however, as she often clashed with the elders. She left Ionia around the age of eighteen, heading for Zaun. There, she made a name for herself as a duelist and bodyguard, protecting merchants from assassins and challenging gang leaders in the underworld when not on the job.

Tsurai first came in contact with the Institute when word came of Noxus's war with Ionia. She returned to the island that she knew as her home for so many years, aiding in it's defense. Tsurai tore through the Noxian lines, but like the other defenders of Ionia knew they were being pushed back. When Ionia declared it's intention to join the League, Tsurai left, discontent with such an idea.

As she left Ionia, the Institute of War approached her. They made her an offer; work for them, and they could help her find the reason for her wanderlust. Curious, and wishing to know more of just where it was she came from, Tsurai accepted.

I hope that works... I'm not terribly familiar with the LoL lore, and there doesn't appear to be a good timeline of things.. I can adjust the age if needed.

Sounds good.

ShadowFox89

I just need to get my 5 other items (2 lesser and 3 least).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

Zhara stepped to the balcony as she sipped the chilled wine. It was an excellent vintage she had to give the man that credit at least. As the, to her, foul scented night breeze caressed her nude body she wondered again how anyone could live in a place like Zaun. The day was grey hued, the air filled with odors and things she really did not want to think about yet everyone here seemed to not mind and she did fine all sorts of things in the shops. Lucky for her the night was no better, dark shadows choked what lights lit the city and for one such as her that gave her a great advantage.

Turning back into the room she glanced at the dead male's body sprawled nude over the large bed. She had been sent to this city to deliver a message for the Institute. The man on the bed was the chief supplier for Singed, the Mad Chemist and by now if all had went according to plan the man's shop was aflame and the chemist's lab being ransacked. She had spent freely the gold the Institute had provided so she was sure that what she had desired had happened. She no idea why the Institute had wanted to send a message to Singed, who was off doing something or other. They did not normally tell her things like that but clearly they wanted to get Singed's attention.

She walked with a sensual grace to her things that had been left as a pool on the floor. Reaching up she tugged off the brown haired wig that had hid her raven locks and then removed the colored lenses from her eyes. Stuffing them into a small pack she slipped on the black armor and calf boots then hooked the metal linked black belt around her slim waist.

She gave the dead man a pat on his chest as she took a last sip of the wine, he had been a decent tumble after all, and she had had far worst in her day. She walked to the balcony and dove over the side. She was over a 100 feet up and the nearest other building was across the wide street but that did not matter as she whispered a word and tiny wings sprung from the heels of her boots and lifted her into the night sky.

It was two hours later as she rode away from Zaun, she had gathered her pet homunculus and sent it to scout ahead and the shadow that had become her follower darted from place to place in front of her. She knew that many at the institute thought she was evil for having a shadow with her now but since she had become a dancer in the shadows it just seemed normal to have 'Alfred' along. It was useful even if it could not make shadow spawns of those it killed. Zhara had not thought much about her past but tales of her peoples history made her mind wandered a bit as she rode.

Many many years ago her people had lived in a city called Urtistan. It was said her own family were the leaders of the great city and the greatest of them a grandsire named Zilean strove to unravel the nature of time itself. The city fell while Zilean was caught off deep in his research. The few survivors fled northward, all changed by the massive releases of magic that had ravaged the city. It took time but the survivors found a place near the city of Noxus. In time they became part of the new lands and save for legends spoken around fires and old books held by her own family they forgot where they came from.

Zhara was just 16 when she heard a rumor that came out of the recently formed Institute of War that spoke of a cursed one from the ruins of Urtistan, a being called Zilean. She went herself as the then oldest child of her family to see if it was true. At the Institute she met the being, the man, her grandsire and formed a bound. He desperately wanted to restore Urtistan, to try and save his people. Her heart bonded with his in the need to find a cure and so she too joined the Institute and discovered things about herself she had not imaged.

A few days later she rode into the great tower and made her report and awaited her next job!

My background and history for Zhara she is a 10th level rogue /4th shadowdancer and is neutral [i will have the sheet finished in the next day or so]

phaia

ShadowFox89

Looks like there's at least three applicants who can be very stealthy....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

she is more then just stealthy she is a bane to those that use magic her sneak attack is also a dispelling attack and her base to start is a 10 +d20 a normal roll with twin attacks and she dispells 4th level spells on the being...so she is not well liked by many summoners..didnt go into that in the story i did

phaia

Phaia

another pc grabbibg catskin armor hmmm? guess i will have to go with something else. the black armor was part of the idea conception for zhara

i guess bracers can work as well and can wear normal clothes

phaia

ShadowFox89

Eh? Don't worry about sharing the same armor.... it isn't like it's exclusive >.>

There aren't very many options for high-dex armor wearers, sadly.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

what can of character do youhave anyway shadow

and yes zhara has a 30 dex so eithet bracers enchated cloths or the catskin

phaia

ShadowFox89

Nimble Blade Souknife, fluff wise she's a duelist who appeared one day as a child on a boat from Shadow Isle in Ionia.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

psionic class? never done them before

phaia

ShadowFox89

Not really psionic, you don't get any power or such. Soulknife gives you a melee weapon and is based around it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

hey GW, how ya doing this nice day!!

we talked about her having a homumculus..just found she can take a rogue talent and gain a familair would you allow the homunculus to be that familar and to compensate for not having the improved familiar feat i would be willing to take it as a least item like it was decided?

i also just releized there is another rogue character built- spell thief- i am more then wi  ll ing to build a different class since y do not need 2 rogues and maybe a ninja girl ...i no problem reding things in the nxt day to build a bard...would be fast and dirty to start with but i can do it

phaia

Anon315

Name: Wyren Alsatt
Class: Marksman 14
Role: Shooting All The Things

There are some amazing archers in the league. Ashe and Varus are foremost among the champions, but there is another who receives far less screen time and publicity: Wyren Alsatt. Hailing from the Shurima Desert, the bow was a matter of life and death for Wyren from a young age. Possessing great mental aptitude but not the sight the desert tribes seek out, he was fairly overlooked. He is part of a delegation to the Institute of War seeking to rectify the fact that Shurima is not considered a city-state, and thusly not entitled to an assembly chair, by demonstrating their value and their validity.

Wyren safeguards some members of the envoy to the institute, and he safeguards them with extreme prejudice. A likeable enough fellow elsewhere, he is ruthless to those who threaten his charges, if they aren't bringing it upon themselves. After all, if you dig your own hole he's not going to pull you out. He supports his land before his kinsmen.

At current he has no great ambition, only to see the betterment of Shurima, a return to what it once was (if such were possible), and the revitalization of its people and lands.

Background
Born in the nomadic tribes that still roam the Shurima desert, Wyren was used to moving around from a young age. As a youth he had little time for the frivolities that most city children might be allowed. He was too busy killing small animals, skinning them, and sharpening their bones to use as arrowheads for the next hunt. Generally considered a bit too serious while growing, he never took the time to establish the normal relationships. His father was a hunter, his mother was a healer, and so he followed their example and gathered herbs, tended the wounded, and otherwise made himself available. As time went on though, he found himself charged with more duties relating to hunting, he was very good at it after all. His bow was no less a part of him than the arm which held it, he was rarely without it except when bathing, and even then it was not so far away.

As he grew to young adulthood, while the other members of his tribe were pairing off to produce the next generation, or moving between tribes to keep bloodlines fresh, he had no interest. He found women attractive, but he found men no less so. Value for him was found in work, and there were few enough that could match him in that regard, he just worked too hard. When the time came that he was told he should settle down, he left the tribe. Twenty years and they did not understand his heart, how could he find someone who did?

He found it in the seer Malzahar. The void prophet had not yet had his great transformation, being only a visionary, but he advised the young Wyren that his future lay at the Institute of War. Thanking the seer, he ventured onwards as instructed until he found the Institute. On his arrival he was first employed as a guard, but worked his way up to guarding emissaries from threats of other countries, such as the Ionians and Noxans, feuding as they are. In time an emissary from his own land came and he took up the cause of Shurima's gaining a seat.

ShadowFox89

Anon, the enhancement bonuses to ability scores should be marked as temporary bonuses :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 08:26:57 PM
we talked about her having a homumculus..just found she can take a rogue talent and gain a familair would you allow the homunculus to be that familar and to compensate for not having the improved familiar feat i would be willing to take it as a least item like it was decided?

Nope, need to follow the rules on this one--either take Improved Familiar, or have it not advance along with you.

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 08:26:57 PM
i also just releized there is another rogue character built- spell thief- i am more then wi  ll ing to build a different class since y do not need 2 rogues and maybe a ninja girl ...i no problem reding things in the nxt day to build a bard...would be fast and dirty to start with but i can do it

Go ahead if you want, just a note that I'll be locking the thread in around 24 hours or so, so I can decide on who I want to keep from the applicants. That said, keep an eye out for any roles in the party that haven't been filled, I'm more likely to accept a diverse set of characters rather than picking 4 characters that fill the same basic role.

ShadowFox89

I'm still not completely sure on a class for Tsurai, either soulknife or psychic warrior....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

thanks GW.
unfortunily i had a busy sunday and just getting things settled so really wont have timeto work up another character for you...so will just see how things work out
i hope my intro and storybackground was okay for you ..i will be finishing up zara's sheet this evening

if you need something though and willing to give me a couple of days for reseacrh of runeterra i can probally come up with a character class to support the others even with the change in magic cast time

phaia

Inash

I realized I didn't have anything more to add to my application below.  I have quoted it here for your convenience.  I imagine him as a tank.  He should be able to do enough damage at most ranges that you can't just ignore him in favor of a softer target, and he should also be fast enough (40' movement without spells and in heavy armor) that he will be hard to avoid.

Quote from: Inash on October 15, 2013, 02:00:57 PM

Teeki - Yordle (halfling) Magus 14 Archetypes:  Bladebound, spellblade, Myrmidarch

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/077/4/1/fields_of_justice___last_yordle_standing_by_sazzyranyday-d4t44xb.jpg
Description: Green eyes, greenish brown fur.  (still need to roll height and weight to help finish this, also need to add quirks.)

Personality:  Anything to protect Bandle City, absolutely anything.  Burn a neighboring town to the ground, done.  Help defend a neighboring town, also done.  Pretend to help defend a neighboring town, while turning it into a flaming deathtrap, ... you get the picture.  He has an absolute and almost frightening dedication to the safety of his hometown.  While he is a fairly pleasant individual, and generally forthright and honest, there is no task he won't sink to if it is necessary.

He is also fairly studious and diligent in his studies, both magical and martial.

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681357

Ghostwheel

Alright guys, gonna lock this-here thread. Over the next day or two I'll be choosing characters to add to the game, getting the thread up, and sending invitations to people via private messages.

Look forward to it! :D