Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"I'm not sure we're dealing with ordinary guards here," Jake said. "For it to be in that vault still would require some kind of protection against a time fracture. That kind of kit didn't exist back then and to my knowledge its been in that vault ever since."

Lady Temptress

she shrugs her shoulders and she nods her head. Hannah sips her tea slowly and continues to listen.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It might be nothing," Lena said scratching her chin thoughtfully. "The only option we have is you two make sure you're careful. There could be any number of explanations behind this."

Lady Temptress

she gave a nod of her head and a reassurring smile. " We will be careful."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Well I've finished eating so its pretty much when you're ready to go," Jake said. "Well, once we've looked at the map and worked out where and when we're going of course."

Lady Temptress

" Let me clean the dishes really quick and then we can go Jake. I'm not going to leave this mess for Lena." she starts to gather the plates and went to the sink and started to wash the dishes.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You're meant to be checking the map out though," Jake said. "Let me sort the dishes out, you look at the map."

"And I'll make sure my medkit is ready in case something goes wrong," Lena said. "Don't fancy taking you to a hospital unless I have no other choice."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head to Jake. " Yes dearest." she gave a nod 0to Lena as well and Hannah begins to study the map as she sat back down at the table to do just that.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I think you missed something interesting in the newspaper file Jake," Lena said. "There's one photo of the meeting of the President and the man he gave the artefect to, you might recognise the device on his arm." It was like the Time Agency's, but more advanced and more alien in appearance. "That's not Time Hunter or Time Agency kit."

Lady Temptress

she continues to study the map and it is slightly intriguing to her, almost like a puzzle.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"How's the search going?" Jake asked after an hour or so. I can give you some help if you'd prefer."

Lady Temptress

" It isn't going very fast honey and yes, please help with it. It's the craziest map I've ever seen."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I have an idea but its probably a long shot," Jake said, sitting in front of the map and studying it for a moment. "There's an old near deserted mansion a bit outside Des Moines. It said in the newspaper they spent the night there because they knew they wouldn't be disturbed, it's as good a place to ambush it as any."

Lady Temptress

" Well, lets go there then." she remarks after she listened to Jake explain his idea to her and Lena.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You sure you're ready?" Jake asked. "We might need to slip into more appropriate clothes, right now we'd stand out a mile in the 19th century even if they can't see our time travelling devices," he said, laughing.

Lady Temptress

Hannah chuckles along with Jake and she nods her head. " well then, lets get the proper outfits in then."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Lena emerged from a side room with more 19th Century style clothes, handing a rathered battered looking soldier's uniform to Jake, who vanished into the downstairs bathroom, and handing Hannah a very pretty and surprisingly well kept looking dress.

Lady Temptress

Hannah takes the dress very carefully and gently, with a nod to Lena. " I'll take good care of the dress. Thanks Lena. I'm goi?g to go change Jale, I'll be right back, you two."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You look very swish," Lena said to Jake as she saw him in the uniform. "Just remember to avoid using modern slang, you don't want to have to try and explain yourself to Union soldiers if you can avoid it."

Lady Temptress

she just stands there and she listens to the both of them while she waits for time to leave.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He synchronised their devices before they jumped, finding themselves in a dark, silent house.

"Damn, I forgot this is before electricity," he said with a laugh. "Stand on the right side of the door, I'll take the left."

Lady Temptress

' oh wow, no electricity? This'll be interesting." Hannah says in a soft whisper fo Jake's ears only and she nods her head and does as he asked.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He opened the door slightly, just in time to see a carriage surrounded by armed guards approaching.

"I think that's our target," Jake said, nodding towards the carriage. "Are you ready to go?"

Lady Temptress

" Yes, I am ready hun. Let's get going." she says as she holds her right hand out to Jake with her lips forming a faint smile.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

As he saw the carriage pull to a halt Jake kicked the door open, raising his gun to get the soldiers before freezing in his tracks.

"That shouldn't be possible," he said, looking around him. He and Hannah were still moving but the guards had become frozen in place, as if time had been stopped. "That's nothing I did."