[CLOSED] The Cathedral -- Superpowered Boarding School {Recruitment Board}

Started by Wired Rabbit, February 20, 2020, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 10:18:30 PM
Kaine will be teaching Gym, Shop Class(including automotive stuff) and a course for people with super strength/durability to learn their limits and how to not break everything around them.

I'm bringing over a motorcycle nerd haha, so they might get along. He may even do a motorcycle safety and maintenance course. But his primary thing will be focusing.  Gaining concentration in battles and keeping your cool so that you have the advantage. Plus the focus of inner will power, since he is a telekinetic user.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Crash

Darn, I was liking Probability Vision and Probability manipulation but I think that puts me way close to Keys Gia.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Juggtacular

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:32:41 PM
Darn, I was liking Probability Vision and Probability manipulation but I think that puts me way close to Keys Gia.

Well not really. She can see timelines, essentially. So she knows what's happened, what's happening, and what will happen.

With the ability to see and manipulate probability, your character would instead change what's happening currently for their benefit, and see just how to do things to get a desired outcome.  So while Gia would know it's about to rain and get an umbrella 2 hours in advance, your person might see it's about to rain and really wish it didn't, so it doesn't.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 24, 2020, 10:32:02 PM
I'm bringing over a motorcycle nerd haha, so they might get along. He may even do a motorcycle safety and maintenance course. But his primary thing will be focusing.  Gaining concentration in battles and keeping your cool so that you have the advantage. Plus the focus of inner will power, since he is a telekinetic user.

Sounds pretty cool. He must be amazing with delicate work. It's never been easier to tinker with an engine than when you can hold it perfectly still, rotate it 360 degrees and get all the tiny tools inside it all without touching it.

Also, I think all of the Founders should each teach a combat course with their own spin on it. That way the students get varied training to prepare them for as wide a range of scenarios as possible.

Crash

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 10:38:51 PM
Well not really. She can see timelines, essentially. So she knows what's happened, what's happening, and what will happen.

With the ability to see and manipulate probability, your character would instead change what's happening currently for their benefit, and see just how to do things to get a desired outcome.  So while Gia would know it's about to rain and get an umbrella 2 hours in advance, your person might see it's about to rain and really wish it didn't, so it doesn't.

Oh I get the story difference, but when you look at the outcomes they are similar.  If Key and Wired are good with the story differences then great but I figure I will get their input before writing anything up.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 24, 2020, 10:32:02 PM

YES. Punk kids on fleek with the Founding Four.

Also, there are so many more ways Marley "died" now, with all this motorized talk LOL.

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:32:41 PM

Probability Manipulation is different. You can't see timelines, you are just manipulating the odds of an event (e.g. plane crash, getting a disease, winning the lottery) to either succeed or fail. Within this, you would see the odds of an event (e.g. plane crash is at 2%, I'm going to increase it to 98% and make it happen).

Gia sees timelines and acts in ways that are beneficial to her. But she has no more control over their likelihood than an average person (e.g. my likelihood of getting into a car accident decreases if I do not leave my apartment).

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 10:41:52 PM
Sounds pretty cool. He must be amazing with delicate work. It's never been easier to tinker with an engine than when you can hold it perfectly still, rotate it 360 degrees and get all the tiny tools inside it all without touching it.

Also, I think all of the Founders should each teach a combat course with their own spin on it. That way the students get varied training to prepare them for as wide a range of scenarios as possible.

Agreed!
Howdy! I'm Rabbit. I'm a fictional enthusiast.
Posts Owed: 2.
Active Characters: 0.
Response Rate: 2-5 Days.

keyotess

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on February 24, 2020, 10:30:14 PM

Up to you. Does Gia have that much control over her powers yet? ;)
I feel like she's a quick learner, but using her powers constantly like that might exhaust her.
Classes are Monday - Saturday, from 9-4 PM so... that's a lot of chrono vision.

Also, Marley will not be pleased if she decides to skip classes as a result.

Hmm....that is a good point!  It would get tiring to use her powers that much.   I am thinking that she has learned good control over seeing her own timelines, that is what allowed her to survive.  But using it that much would take lots of energy, so she probably doesn't do it all the time.

hehee... now I am going to have to have Gia skip a class because she has already gone through it!   O:)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Juggtacular

Jeeeezus Marley's gonna have an "Owned Counter" that's just a list of all the times she died and came back.

"Lightning strike
Engine block fell on her head
Fell off a cliff
etc...."

-the list is 8 pages long-

keyotess

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:44:57 PM
Oh I get the story difference, but when you look at the outcomes they are similar.  If Key and Wired are good with the story differences then great but I figure I will get their input before writing anything up.

I am fine with you having probability vision and manipulation, Crash. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Crash

@Wired - as long as you and Key are good with it.  I love the idea of my girl always seeing probabilities and being bored AF “always knowing” what is going to happen.  Surprises would delight her.

keyotess

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:50:13 PM
@Wired - as long as you and Key are good with it.  I love the idea of my girl always seeing probabilities and being bored AF “always knowing” what is going to happen.  Surprises would delight her.

Heh, our ladies can bond over knowing what is going to happen and being bored and looking for surprises. ;)

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 10:48:52 PM
Jeeeezus Marley's gonna have an "Owned Counter" that's just a list of all the times she died and came back.

"Lightning strike
Engine block fell on her head
Fell off a cliff
etc...."

-the list is 8 pages long-

Uh huh.
You are also ignoring all the times she can't remember due to the Doctor's experiments. ;)

Quote from: keyotess on February 24, 2020, 10:49:20 PM
I am fine with you having probability vision and manipulation, Crash. :)

Same.

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:50:13 PM

I think she would know what was most likely to happen. She would only know for sure that something was going to happen IF she manipulated the probability to 100% for that event. She cannot see as far into the future as Gia.

Crash

Quote from: keyotess on February 24, 2020, 10:52:17 PM
Heh, our ladies can bond over knowing what is going to happen and being bored and looking for surprises. ;)

Works for me. 😁

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on February 24, 2020, 10:52:54 PM
I think she would know what was most likely to happen. She would only know for sure that something was going to happen IF she manipulated the probability to 100% for that event. She cannot see as far into the future as Gia.

Yeah was why I used quotes.  In her mind she always knows (even though she doesn’t). I imagine being in places with a lot of chaos mess with her too because of all of the internal calculations she is seeing and making.  Probably gets headaches or could do full sensory overload.

keyotess

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on February 24, 2020, 10:30:14 PM

Up to you. Does Gia have that much control over her powers yet? ;)
I feel like she's a quick learner, but using her powers constantly like that might exhaust her.
Classes are Monday - Saturday, from 9-4 PM so... that's a lot of chrono vision.

Also, Marley will not be pleased if she decides to skip classes as a result.

Oh and speaking of energy use for Gia in looking into time, I think that the further from her current time she looks, the more energy.  So if she is only looking hours ahead or behind, that would be pretty low energy use, but still noticeable with continue use.  Although to power her supernatural reflexes, she is always looking into future a little bit.

keyotess

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on February 24, 2020, 10:45:25 PM
Probability Manipulation is different. You can't see timelines, you are just manipulating the odds of an event (e.g. plane crash, getting a disease, winning the lottery) to either succeed or fail. Within this, you would see the odds of an event (e.g. plane crash is at 2%, I'm going to increase it to 98% and make it happen).

Gia sees timelines and acts in ways that are beneficial to her. But she has no more control over their likelihood than an average person (e.g. my likelihood of getting into a car accident decreases if I do not leave my apartment).

Also, Gia will see the airplane crash and she would avoid being anywhere near where the plane is going to crash, but she can't stop it from crashing.  She could try to call someone to stop the flight or give warning, but how much will people believe her?  Especially since she would not necessarily be able to point out why the plane is going to crash, only that it is going to crash for X problem, but not know why X problem happened.

Juggtacular

I just realized the Founding Four are split down the middle on the Eclipse. Two of them fought, two of them didn't.

Gia is a Final Destination main character mixed with Garnet from Steven Universe.

keyotess

Oooooo.... Gia teamed with Crash's character is going to be a powerful mix.  Gia can see more possibilities, although the more rare ones are harder to see fully, but with Crash's heroine, they can be made to happen!!   :o

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 10:56:25 PM
Yeah was why I used quotes.  In her mind she always knows (even though she doesn’t). I imagine being in places with a lot of chaos mess with her too because of all of the internal calculations she is seeing and making.  Probably gets headaches or could do full sensory overload.

Oh absolutely. That's why she's at the Cathedral. :)

Quote from: keyotess on February 24, 2020, 10:57:45 PM
Oh and speaking of energy use for Gia in looking into time, I think that the further from her current time she looks, the more energy.  So if she is only looking hours ahead or behind, that would be pretty low energy use, but still noticeable with continue use.  Although to power her supernatural reflexes, she is always looking into future a little bit.

Makes sense.

Marley's limitation is that she can only absorb one type of energy at a time, and she needs to release it within a matter of minutes. Otherwise it will kill her.
*whispers* But she doesn't remember that. Yet. She's a weapon of mass destruction. Unknowingly. *whispers*

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 11:02:05 PM
I just realized the Founding Four are split down the middle on the Eclipse. Two of them fought, two of them didn't.

Perfect.
Did either of you "kill" Marley because she blatantly refused to volunteer?  ;)

Crash

@Wired Rabbit - Save Michele “Mia” Alves for my FC please

Juggtacular

Kaine would never do that...on purpose. If he's powered up he might have shoved her a bit too hard lol.

Crash

Quote from: keyotess on February 24, 2020, 11:04:06 PM
Oooooo.... Gia teamed with Crash's character is going to be a powerful mix.  Gia can see more possibilities, although the more rare ones are harder to see fully, but with Crash's heroine, they can be made to happen!!   :o

To a point.  I image making something 100% guaranteed is probably difficult.  99.9% sure but there is always that chance. 😁

Wired Rabbit

Quote from: Crash on February 24, 2020, 11:06:11 PM
@Wired Rabbit - Save Michele “Mia” Alves for my FC please

Done!

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 24, 2020, 11:06:31 PM
Kaine would never do that...on purpose. If he's powered up he might have shoved her a bit too hard lol.

So it's happened before. Especially during those hard core mansion parties in the first 2 years before they had any of this dumb responsibility nonsense. ;)
That will be a fun flashback to write.

Crash

Juggtacular

Quote from: Wired Rabbit on February 24, 2020, 11:09:43 PM
Done!

So it's happened before. Especially during those hard core mansion parties in the first 2 years before they had any of this dumb responsibility nonsense. ;)
That will be a fun flashback to write.

Crap. Now I'll have to write in how he always has the one nightmare about the first time he killed her and had no idea she could regenerate.

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O