A New Hope Without Vader [SWSE, LGBTQ+ Friendly]

Started by LSWSjr, January 23, 2020, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadSister

Oh thank you! Your right i missed that, awesome that's a relief.

Triggvi

A couple of minor bounties together. I figure  she probably doesn't know she is replica droid. After all seeing replica droids is very incredibly rare.

BadSister

Let's go with that! I'd say it's fairly obvious from working with her that she is a cyborg, you'd see her pull weapons out of her legs and arms and she would likely not try to hide it. If you would have asked, she'd say it happened during a raid by the empire, needing prosthetics to function afterwards.

Triggvi

I am good with that. Bounty hunters can be a strange lot anyway.

Triggvi

Being a 4th degree droid. Couple things to consider. A 4th degree droid talent combat repairs (allows you to do repair roll as 1 turn action instead of an hour once per encounter). Marooned background even will allow you repair yourself without taking a -5.

Silim

Alright, I think I've got my gear sorted. Is there anything obvious missing from the list?

Hira Darksun            CL 5

Medium Human Jedi 5
Force 7
Init +4; Senses Perception +4
Languages Basic, High Galactic (Background: Origin Planet Coruscant)

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 17, Will 18; Deflect
hp 71; second wind +17/35; Threshold 17

Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +7 (2d8+1)
Ranged by weapon +7
Base Atk +5; Grp +7
Special Actions Telekinetic Savant 1/encounter
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +14) farseeing, Force grip, Force shield, Force slam, mind trick, move object (3), negate energy, surge, draw closer, hawk-bat swoop

Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 14
Talents Deflect, Telekinetic Prodigy, Telekinetic Savant
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Knowledge (technology) +7, Mechanics +7, Stealth +9, Use the Force +14
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +1, Deception +4, Endurance +3, Gather Information +4, Initiative +4, Jump +1, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +2, Knowledge (galactic lore) +2, Knowledge (life sciences) +2, Knowledge (physical sciences) +2, Knowledge (social sciences) +2, Knowledge (tactics) +2, Perception +4, Persuasion +4, Pilot +4, Ride +4, Survival +4, Swim +1, Treat Injury +4, Use Computer +2
Possessions aquata breather, breath mask, lightsaber, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), camouflage poncho, concealed holster, credit chip, datapad, electrobinoculars, personal multitool

BadSister

This is what I have so far

Kira            CL 5

Medium Replica Droid, Independent droid 1, Soldier 4
Force 7
Init +12; Senses Perception +8, Low-Light Vision; ignores Concealment (But not Total Concealment) from darkness.
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Bocce, Zabrak, Translator DC 15
Background Marooned
Destiny Discover (Maker/programmer)

Defenses Ref 22(flat-footed 17), Fort 19, Will 18; Shield Rating 15
hp 64; second wind +16/32; Threshold 19

Speed 6 squares
Melee Not calculated
Ranged BlasTech DLT-20A +9 (+1 blank), 3d10 +4 (-5 DT)
Base Atk +4; Grp
Special Actions
Droid Components Improved Sensor Package (Free), Heuristic Processor (Free), Translator (DC 15; Free), Specialized Subprocessor (1000 cr; programmed to regenerate shield), Shield Generator System SR 15 (7500), Magnetic Feet (120), Locked Access (50), Sensor Booster (200), Internal Comlink (250)

Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 6
Talents Devastating Attack (Rifle), Weapon Specialization (Rifle), Combat Repairs
Feats Armor proficiency (Light), Armor proficiency (Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols), Weapon Proficiency (Rifles), Weapon Proficiency (Simple weapons), Droid Shield Mastery, Weapon Focus (Rifle), Point Blank shot, Precise Shot

Primary Skills Acrobat +11, Deception + 10, Initiative +11, Mechanics + 10, Perception +8, Stealth +11
Secondary Skills Climb +4, Endurance +4, Gather Information +0, Jump +4, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +5, Knowledge (galactic lore) +5, Knowledge (life sciences) +5, Knowledge (physical sciences) +5, Knowledge (social sciences) +5, Knowledge (tactics) +5, Persuasion +0, Pilot +7, Ride +7, Survival +1, Swim +4, Treat Injury +1, Use Computer +5

Possessions Left Leg Holster - Miniaturized BlasTech DLT-20A (Medium Rifle; 2560 cr), Right Arm Incorporated - Miniaturized Ion Rifle (Small) for (1,680 cr), Right Hand Incorporated - Miniaturized Snare Pistol (Tiny; 1330 credits), Tool Kit (250), Power Pack X 4

10 Credits left

Triggvi

You stats seem a little in the high side even replica droid stuff. As a droid you only 21 pts and you build from 8

BadSister

Str 8 + 2(racial) +3 (points) + 1 (lvl)
Dex 8 +2(racial) +10 (points)
Int 8 +8 (points) +1 (lvl)
Wis 8
Cha 8 -2 (racial)

thats 21 points, 4 racial, and 2 from lvl

Silim

The cost of Ability Scores isn't 1:1. 10 points into dex costs more than 10 of the 21 points. Also, you've got 14 Cha and Wis listed, not 8 and 6?

BadSister

i fixed the wisdom charisma your right about that, whats the conversation rate? I didn't see that anywhere on the website

BadSister

Found a calculator for it

Str 8 + 2(racial) +3 (points) + 1 (lvl) =14
Dex 8 +2(racial) +10 (points) = 18
Int 8 +8 (points) +1 (lvl) = 16
Wis 8
Cha 8 -2 (racial) = 6

thats 21 points, 4 racial, and 2 from lvl

Thanks for letting me know i total missed it!

i'll change the skills to match it

Triggvi

That looks more like it. 👍

Mistakes are easy to make. I have made my share of whoppers. No worries.

BadSister

Guaranteed I'll make some more lol.

So for damage ... It's always 1 damage plus One-Half Heroic Level (Rounded Down)?

Triggvi

You get 2 regular feats 1st and 3rd and 2 bonus feats for soldier 2nd and 4th. Unless I am miscounting you have 1 feat left to choose.

Triggvi

Quote from: BadSister on January 31, 2020, 01:11:15 PM
Guaranteed I'll make some more lol.

So for damage ... It's always 1 damage plus One-Half Heroic Level (Rounded Down)?

1/2 heroic round down +Str mod(for melee)+2 from weapon specialization(Rifle)

Triggvi

Precise Shot would be helpful. Don't take the -5 for shooting into melee.

BadSister

With all the jedi  we have that's probably a good idea.

Silim

The damage die you roll depend on your weapon, for example a blaster pistol is 2d6, and a lightsaber is 2d8. If you're using Sagasheet to do your calculations, you can add your weapons in there and it'll calculate your attack bonuses and display your weapon damage dice automatically!

There's basically 2 ways to build from what I've read,  go for as many hits as possible or go for a single massive hit. Since your big blas-tech rifle for example has Autofire capabilities, you could get the Burst Fire feat and add 2 extra dice to a successful hit for a negative to the to-hit roll. As long as you use a rifle with Autofire ability, Burst Fire is better than Rapid Shot. To attack more than once there's the Double Attack/Triple Attack feat line. The disadvantage of multiple attacks being that you need a Full-Round Action to unload all your shots, so you're less mobile, and additional attacks are also less accurate much like the Burst Fire shot would be. Really, its all up to how you wanna do it.

BadSister

I like the basic setup  as it is for now. As we proceed i'll sorta feel out which route I want to take. I'm leaning towards atleast getting double shot. What are your build concepts?

Triggvi

riflemaster would be a good feat to get. for the heavy blaster Rifle it punches the damage dice to d12s so it would do 3d12.

double and triple attacks feats have huge negatives

if you go burst fire, then elite trooper would be a good direction. Controlled burst drop the -5 autofire to -2 but you would end up with 5 dice of damage

Silim

"Build concept" is just a blanket term for what you wanna accomplish mechanically for your character. Like for Hira, her build concept is "telekinetic/lightsaber hybrid". Can inform actual characterization in the RP sense, but doesn't have to.

LSWSjr

I’ve always preferred leaning heavily into aiming and Gunslinger talents, especially Blind Shot, Debilitating Shot, Ranged Disarm, Shoot From The Hip, Slowing Shot, etc... Old Faithful also makes their even level trait twice as useful.

Another cool option, exclusive to Force sensitive pistol wielders, is to take a level of Jedi Knight for Twin Weapon Style, which gives you two individual weapon attacks for a Standard Action as long as they’re at seperate targets... it’s the equivalent of Dual Weapon Mastery III but as a Standard Action and for a single talent :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Triggvi

Looks like most of us are done except a few background stories.

LSWSjr

Yep, definitely keen to see y’all finalised and in action :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions