Co-op GM D&D Next Idea

Started by AndyZ, February 05, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

So I notice that D&D Next is very popular right now.  There was one game out there with like 20 submissions.  It gave me a simple idea: what if we had multiple DMs working to put together a larger cooperative game?

We could have a single city where most of the players reside, and try to get someone willing to DM for every 4-5 people who join.  That means that if we get a 20 player group, we need 4-5 DMs who can handle the players in the various groups.  Obviously we don't want people running their own games, but if we get a good mix, it should be very feasible.  We might even get DMs happy to run something for individual parties but who didn't want to make characters themselves.

I'd be happy to set up the city and come up with a bunch of NPCs, but I don't think I'd be able to properly handle running an adventure.  Once we have a city set up, though, that provides a place for adventurers to hang out between quests.  DMs could also talk in secret to give divided clues, where two parties need to put their halves of the puzzle together to figure out what's going on.

People interested in playing are welcome to speak up, but really, I'd want to know how many would be interested in DMing for one of the parties that will inevitably form.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

LordRod

This would interest me if I were third, not second. Sometimes I am gone for time periods that would make being a Co GM difficult.
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0