Female Adventurers Survival Quest! (Monsters, NC, D&D or Pathfinder)

Started by FragarachZ, January 05, 2017, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

I'm in agreement with Blinkin; whilst I would play a "Gonna lose" game, I think it would be funner to play a story where there's actually a chance of victory. But that's just me :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

FragarachZ

The point isn't to lose, it's to hold out as long as you can. And similar story based games usually die on the first 5 pages which is why I suggested a one-shot story. *shrug*
O&O

Vergil Tanner

But you ultimately lose, that's the thing. Just saying, I would be more interested in getting involved in a longer term game...smut-based, perhaps, but one where there's a story pushing everybody onwards. But that's just me. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Blinkin

To be honest, probably 85% of group games on E never make it past the 5 page mark. It's the nature of the beast. If that's a concern, you're tripping yourself before you get your first step. I've seen games run as long as 2 years here, but that's the exception to the rule. I always look at a game as having the potential of making it to that exception rather than fizzling in the first 100 post.

Creating a character with a system base for a one-shot really isn't worth the effort to me. I put quite a bit of thought into a character and it takes time to craft it. If it's a one-shot, I would rather freeform it and be able to get something out with a few basic stats and run with it than build an actual system character.

And who knows, every game, particularly smaller ones, have the potential of being that exception.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Biles

In another forum, there was an RP in which a party of heroines ventured out to wipe out a horde of tentacle monsters only to get captured and be enslaved to benefit the creatures. The RP itself would begin with players regaining consciousness long after becoming prisoners, unarmed, and almost butt-naked with the goal of trying to escape the monsters' lair. The RP was called "Tentacle Survivor".

I've extracted the initial OOC post and wrote it here to give you guys the basic 'jizz' of it :3

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Backstory
The Kingdom of Ironcliff has stood strong for millennia and has become the home of many scholars and intellectuals from the neighbouring kingdoms. One group of scholars made up the Royal Mage Guild. Lead by Arch mage Gregory, they study the mysteries of the universe to find discoveries that could benefit man-kind. One such discovery was a species of multi limbed beasts the originated from another plane of existence. Gregory developed a way to control these beasts. He presented them to his peers and superiors as a source of free labour. At first, royalty and commoners alike were wary of using these beasts at all. However, their strength and usefulness became apparent and they became a common sight within Ironcliff’s castle city.

One day a young witch by the name of Marianna became a member of the Royal Mage Guild. She was a brilliant and outspoken magic user whose potential outstripped any of the guild members, even Gregory himself. She would often butt heads with Gregory on many topics, most famous being the tentacle beasts. She warned him that they couldn’t be controlled and his beasts would run rampant one day. Jealous and afraid for his future as Arch mage, Gregory sought to put the witch in her place. The Arch mage summoned a tentacle beast the like of which was unheard of, a Tentacle Overlord. He tasked the beast with one mission, to “humble” the young witch. The Overlord then disappeared to complete its mission.
Weeks went by without anyone hearing a word from Marianna. Concerned, a few of her closest associates visited the witch’s residence. The first thing they noticed were sounds coming from the basement of the house. As they descended, they found walls covered in a grotesque layer of meat. As they followed the meatwall, the sounds became louder and clearer. The sounds and the meatwall eventually lead them to Marianna. Her hands and legs bound by the meatwall. Thick dark tendrils seemed to be fucking every orifice. Her stomach was bloated to the point that she looked nine-months pregnant. Her breast enlarged and leaking milk nonstop. The most disturbing thing was the look on her face. While her eyes were blank, Marianna was in a state of ecstasy. The group was so shocked that they didn’t notice the room was filled with other tentacle creatures. Without even being able to resist, they were captured.

The Tentacle Overlord used Marianna to birth an army of tentacles to abduct women and grown its numbers in secret. Under the overlord’s influence, Marianna disabled the control mechanisms the mages had been using to control the beasts. The beasts turned on their former masters, killing the man while raping the women. In no time the city was overrun. In a last ditch effort to keep the problem from spreading, King Ironcliff ordered that the castle gates be sealed. But it was too late; the beasts escaped the city and spread across the kingdom. Towns and villages fell as they were over run. The tentacles even mutated the local flora and fauna to better suit its needs. In four years’ time the Kingdom of Ironcliff fell with the tentacle legion now expanding into other territories.

Kingdoms
Ironcliff
Once a prosperous kingdom, It is now the home of the tentacle beasts. Most humans have either been captured, infected or live in hiding. Bordered by the Neptune Sea and three other kingdoms, all parties converge on this land either to rid it of the tentacle menace or to harness its power.

The Western Isles
A group of isles west to Ironcliff that thrived as a hub for commerce and trading is now in disarray. The tentacle beasts in the waters of the Neptune Sea have blocked most of their trading seaways. To address the problem the isles have taken to hiring mercenaries to protect their ships but it’s only a matter of time until the isles are undone.

Salagard
A mountainous region north of Ironcliff, Salagard is home to barbarians, warriors and sell swords of all types and variety. Due to the harsh conditions of the land, theirs is a culture based around strength. Once invaders, they were repelled by the Ironcliff & Vestaheim armies. They now find themselves fighting as defenders against a different invader.

Vestaheim
A realm of forests and rivers east of Ironcliff, this is the home of the elves. With their long lifespans and an affinity for magic, the residents of Vestaheim were a secretive people before their encounter with the Ironcliff king. Before a war could break out, he and the elven queen came to an agreement. The two nations once collaborated as equals. Now Veastheim is the nation under the most pressure from the tentacle legion.

Niflia
A land south of Ironcliff, the kingdom is home both humans, dark elves and demons. The country’s moral code could be described as looser than those in the surrounding kingdoms. Lust, greed and debauchery aren’t just attributes but ways of life.. Most notably, their king is said to have a harem of 30 wives. Unlike the nations of Vestaheim and the Western Isles, Niflia has only seen a small incursion of the tentacle legion. However, in fear of his harem being taken from him the king has demanded the border be protected at all costs

Outer Lands
There are many lands outside of these four that have heard of Ironcliff’s plight. Some are sympathetic and have sent help to the four kingdoms most affected. Others have ignored it, seeing the legion a not there concern. What is clear is that this menace has attracted adventurers from across the world. (OOC note: This is for anyone who wants their character to originate outside of the ones given.)

The Game
The leaders of the four Kingdoms surrounding met in the Vestaheim capital to discuss how they would address the threat in Ironcliff. The summit lasted a week as each party disagreed on what plan of action would be most effective. The merchants of the Western Isles seemed to want to bombard the capital city from the sea. Meanwhile King Desporo of Niflia and Queen Lilybelle of Vestaheim on this rare occasion seemed in agreement in taking a defensive stance and guarding their borders. Only The Warrior Princess Julia of Salagard seemed interested in attacking the front gate.

It wasn’t until a tactician from the Outer Lands visited the summit’s leaders. Each kingdom would offer up their best soldiers for a direct assault on the capital of Ironcliff, Iron Hold. They would approach from two directions. One team would approach from the sea, while the second would enter from land through a gap in the wall. The goal was to recapture the city zone by zone until they reached the epicenter of this disaster. However when it came time to execute the plan, disaster was all they found. The ship carrying the first team was capsized by a large octopus like creature. Meanwhile, the second team was ambushed before they could even get close to the wall. In the end, every soldier who was sent was captured, including yourself.

You have been held prisoner by the tentacle beasts for some time. However you’ve come across a chance to escape your confinement and find freedom. How long you remain free depends on your will to survive.

Combat
When you enter a room with enemies, you will either catch them by surprise (Free round) or be caught by surprise (Free round for opponent). After this you roll initiative to see who goes first (D20+speed). When you make an attack you perform a d100 roll to determine whether you hit, miss, graze or Critical hit.

1-25 is a Miss
26-40 is a Gaze (Half Damage)
41-95 is a Hit (Full Damage)
96 - 100 is a Critical Hit (Double Damage)

The values of each outcome vary with each weapon and each stat. Grazed hits only do half damage while critical hits do extra damage based in the weapon. The hit chance can be affected by Evasion (Speed) and Accuracy (Mind)

The enemy will make a similar roll when attacking and that determines the success of their actions. Certain Items can reduce the effectiveness of enemy attacks and vice versa

Defense and Defensive Roll
If you want to take a defensive stance during your turn, you can choose to Block (Power) or Evade (Speed) incoming attacks. You can partially guard (-25 to guard Roll) and perform a light attack(Half Damage, round up) or forfeit an attack for full defense. The success of your defense is determined by a d100 roll + the stat related to the type of defensive stance you take. The possible outcomes are:

Block
Parry (Perform a Counter Attack): 86 - 100
Block (Take no damage): 51 - 85
Graze (Take Half Damage): 16 - 50
Hit (Take Full Damage): 1 - 15

Evade
Perfect Dodge (+50 to next hit) : 86 - 100
Evade (Take no damage): 51 - 85
Graze (Take Half Damage): 16 - 50
Hit (Take Full Damage): 1 - 15
Once again, enemies may also take on a defensive stances.

Grappling

Grappling works in three stages:

Grapple: Roll d100 by enemy when attempting a grapple roll with varying chances to succeed. A player Power will reduce the chance of a grapple succeeding

Strip: Beasts will attempt to remove any clothing or armor. However, it takes a turn to remove one layer of clothing

Rape: Once grappled and stripped, the beast will proceed to rape you. Your character losses 1/4 HP per turn unless otherwise stated.

Impregnation: Lasts 10 – 20 DM Posts depending on the creature. Occurs when you reach zero HP while grappled and raped or captured by certain traps. 100% chance of occurring. The birthed monster is added to encounter list and the mother loses 1 point of resistance upon birth. When pregnant, -1 Speed

Grapple and Rape can be interrupted by an attack from an outsider. The creature will make a Power v Power roll to maintain the grapple against the attacker and captured party.

Stats
HP: Health Points. When your HP reaches zero, your character goes unconscious and can be captured by tentacles
Power: Your character’s strength. For Grappling and Physical Feats
For every point of Power before 5, you get:
· +5 To Block Defensive Rolls, Resistance to grapple and poison
· +1 Health Point
Speed: Your character’s quickness. For Stealth and Dodging traps
For every point of Speed before 5, you get:
· +5 to Evasion and Evade defensive rolls, Resistance to traps
· +1 to initiative roll
Mind: Your character’s mental fortitude. For Searching and Resisting mental attacks
For every point of Mind before 5, you get:
· +5 to Accuracy, Resistance to Mental Attacks

Tentacle Infliction
Your time surrounded by tentacles has changed you on a fundamental level. You’ve gained some new strength but also new weaknesses.
Infliction   Effect   HP
Den Mother
Ever since your capture, you have done nothing but given birth to tentacle beasts. You have seen legions of your children leave your womb and carry out their duty. Your hips have become curvier to grow accustom to the birthing process   Motherly Bond
Tentacle Beasts you give birth to remain by your side. Can care for 2 Tentacle Beasts at a time. Start game pregnant   3
Milkmaid
After being held in captivity, your breasts have been modified to grown exponentially to the point they lactate without stop. Due to the activity within the den, young tentacle beasts and the meat walls themselves are constantly feeding from you teats.   Maiden's Milk
Restores 3 HP to other players. Milkmaid's naturally heal 1 HP per post. Tentacles are naturally attracted to you during combat.   4
Mutation
You been exposed to the tentacle beast’s magic for so long you've began to grow tendrils. In most cases you would have gone mad like the others but you’ve been able to maintain your sense of self. The reason though is beyond you.   Tentacle Lash
+2 Grapple Roll, Can use to attack for an additional attack that does 2d3 Damage. If used to attack, 5% Chance of losing control and attacking yourself or a comrade.   4
Obedient
You’ve never escaped or even resisted what the beasts have done to you. As such you have been reward for your "loyalty", being pampered a much as you can expect in a tentacle lair.   Sycophant
Attempt to calm tentacle beasts telepathically, preventing them from attacking (d100). (Can reduce damage done by bosses), Start game with a custom trinket. Resistance can’t rise over 2.   4
Cum Addiction
Your life in captivity has mainly involved ingesting the creature’s seed. It’s oddly sweet taste and mellowing effects have been intoxicating. To the point that you grow irritable without your daily dose.   Thirst
Regain 2 Hp & + 1to any stat (Preselected by Player) after consuming Cum
Minus 1 to all rolls using mind and chosen stat when the player doesn’t consume cum every 20 turns. (-1 every additional 5 turns)   3
Sensitive Skin
When captured, you were soaked in some blue tinged slime. This as well as the constant touch of the tentacle beasts has left your skin soft but extremely sensitive. The slightest touch of any fabric sends shivers down your spine.   Exhibitionist
Clothing and armor are uncomfortable to wear.
When Naked: +15 to Evasion and against traps/obstacles.
When Clothed: -5 When Evading traps and in battle, Every 5 Turns you are clothed, lose 5 additional point to Evasion and against traps/obstacles   3

Classes
The warriors that participated in the assault have all had different roles, backgrounds and abilities. While varied, they can be divided into specific categories.
Scout: HP:3   Light-footed soldiers who can survive in any situation.   · Stealth:+25 to stealth rolls
· Swift Feet: +25 additional chance to avoid all Traps
· Field Report (10 Uses): Identify an enemy’s weakness. +10 Accuracy
· Illusive Step: Successfully Evading an attack reduces enemy’s next attack rolls by 3
· Lithe: + 1 Speed, -1 Power
· Observant: +1 Mind, - Speed
Vanguard: HP:4   Frontline Fighters who can defeat any enemy.   · Charge: +3 To initiative
· Scrapper: +25 To resist Grapple Rolls
· Strike! (10 Uses): Perform a basic attack. Does 3 + Weapon Damage
· Recklessness: +15 to Critical Hit Range, +2 Critical Damage, -15 Evasion
· Meathead: +1 Power, -1 Mind
· Brash: +1 Speed, -1 Mind
Shield Bearer: HP 4   Warriors who protected their comrades at all costs.   · Thick Skinned: -1 Damage
· Immunity: +25 to resist poisons rolls
· Defender (10 Uses): Take damage for one ally
· Parry mastery: +25 to Parry range when blocking
· Bulky: +1 Power, -1 Speed
· Disciplined: + 1 Mind, -1 Speed
Support: HP: 3   Medics, Engineers and Tradespersons of all stripes.   · Moral Support: (Uses: 10) Choose an ally, they gets +15 to next Roll
· Mental Fortitude: +25 To resist mental Attacks
· Healing Soul: Health Items & spells recover 1.5 Times HP
· Efficiency: All Skills Gain 3 Additional uses.
· Regal: +1 Mind, -1 Power
· Healthy: +3 HP, -1 Random Stat

Resistance
All characters start with Resistance at zero or average. Resistance can go from 10 (Defiant) to -10 (Submissive).

Resistance   Effect
10   50% chance of escaping Capture if Defeated
6   Intimidate(5 Uses): Can scare away enemies below 25% Health (Doesn’t affect bosses and select creatures)
3   Gain a Virtue, Virtues will disappear if captured or Resistance Drops below 3
0   No Effects
-3   Gain an Affliction will disappear if Resistance Rises above -3
-6   Pheromones: At the start of battle, 25% chance of attracting an additional enemy
-10   Can’t Resist Mental & Erotic Attacks From Tentacles

You gain resistance by:
Defeating Tentacle Creatures (1 Point for every 3 battles Won)
Rescuing other characters (NPC or PC) (1 Point Per Rescue)

Resistance is lost when:
Your Hp Reaches Zero (1 Point)
You are captured by a trap (1-2 Points)
You give birth to a tentacle beast (1 Points)

Affliction and Virtues
Under the constant mental and physical assault of the tentacles, captives can respond in one of two ways. Either they remain strong in the face adversary and find a way to resist, or to shrink back and give in to your stress and give in to your worst instincts.

Affliction:   Effect
Irrational   · -1 Mind
· Every Two turns, you make a random action, pass a turn (50%), attack an ally (33%) or attack an enemy (17%).
Paranoid   · -1 Power
· 50% chance to refuse to use items or accept healing or buffs from allies
Fearful   · -5 to Non-combat Rolls
· You can’t perform full attacks, Critical damage. Only perform light attacks with half guard/evade
Hopeless   · -1 Speed
· Can’t use defensive stances (Block or Evade), Skills take 2 points to use
Masochistic   · Enemies deal 1 additional damage to you.
· Will not attempt to escape from enemy grapples or traps

Virtue:   Effect
Powerful   · Deal 1 additional damage
· You get three chances to resist grapples or traps
Courageous   · +1 Speed
· Every Two turns, you have a 50% chance of performing a second action.
Stalwart   · +1 Power
· Can partially defend after attacking, Grazing Hits while defending only do 1 damage
Vigorous   · +1 Mind
· 25% chance of using a skill for free
Focused   · +5 to Non-Combat Rolls
· Grazing Hits while attacking do full damage

Character Sheets
Name:
Appearance:
Bio: Where is your Character from? How were they captured? Can be any length.
Class: Pick a class and three Skills
Tentacle Infliction:
HP: (Infliction HP + Class HP)
Stats (All start out at -4, max stat 5, you have 15 Points to distribute)
Power,-4
Speed,-4
Mind,-4
Weapon: Will obtain in game.
Armor: Start out naked.
Turn Ons/ Turns offs
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Autocad

For what it's worth I'm still working on my high fantasy version system.

Vergil Tanner

Biles

I wanna know what you guys think of what I suggested so far.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Vergil Tanner

It's ok. I mean, I would prefer a system more like Pathfinder, but if people want a more simple system then that's ok too. I do think your system is a bit...complicated, when it comes to combat? If people want a simpler system than Pathfinder, that system isn't it, since it looks just as complicated in a different way. Dodge, parry, block, evade...and that whole impregnation thing? No. What if some players don't WANT to be impregnated, because they're not into it? I know for a fact that impregnation and pregnant sex is one of my "Nevers" because it actively turns me off, so we need to have some kind of choice there.

And for me, personally, the classes seem a bit...restrictive. Like, there's not much room for customisation there, and feels a little generic. Couldn't there be a system we use that allows for more fluid class roles? Give us some more customisation and freedom and whatnot?

And why exactly would slaying tentacles give us resistance? Why is Resistance a thing? It just seems like it needlessly complicates things.

The whole point of a homebrew system, to me, would be to simplify things such that people who weren't into Pathfinder could play...but this system seems just as complicated in context, in its own way. Or is that just me?

I'm not opposed to the system, but...it feels too complicated, and there are a few mechanics there that I'm not entirely sure WHY they're there at all. *shrug* But that's just me.

Biles

Well, I wasn't the one that came up with the system. However I brought it up because this was a system I was more willing to follow because I myself could probably follow it well throughout the RP. So in details, I wouldn't know much about the creator's mind as to why he would make this and that happen and etc. However, the RP that I was involved in didn't take off due to various players going absent and I myself didn't have much activity as I had to wait for players to make their turns to post but hardly any of them came back. However, if there are improvements to make on the system to make it better and preferably less complicated, I'm all ears.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Vergil Tanner

Well, I'll wait and see what the other players think first; if they're ok with the system, then...ok, I guess, we can work with it. If they agree that it's a bit...complicated, I can work on simplifying and refining it this weekend. :-)

Blinkin

To be honest, my interest in this is waining. There seems to be a lot ofconcern over the actual game and elements and the system is, I would agree, overly complicated. I would rather use something proven to work and that I already know than having to try to learn a new system for a single game that's not all that well defined.

No offense to the system designer or the story concept. It's just looking like a lot of work for a short term game.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Vergil Tanner

Honestly, Blinkin, I do agree...I would prefer a longer-term game with an actual goal that happened to have a lot of smut in it, and honestly, I would prefer to use a proven system like Pathfinder. Buuuuuut that's a bit of a niche request, no? :P

Kathyan

I would say either pathfinder (because most people are familiar with it)

or for more simple systems DnD5e or Dungeon World (I haven't played DW though but I'm eager to try it)

Vergil Tanner

I always found Pathfinder easier to get my head around than DnD, honestly. But that's just me XD

Thorne

I would be interested, if is Pathfinder.

DW and 5e don't interest me, and while I do prefer a little story mixed into my randomly smutty shenanigans (because it gets boring if there isn't a reason), I'm otherwise fine. Just.. no tentacles. :/
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Petrus02

Zaer Darkwail

I am probably insane.....but here go folks; monster wave based pathfinder game which does promise potential victory/defeat to PC's. Based on my one my favorite web browser games in past year.

Millenium War