Stars Wars post Force Awakens

Started by BlackStone, December 17, 2016, 04:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

Okay after having seen Rogue One, my Star Wars itch is going again.  However my luck in running group games on E! has not been the best.  I am hoping the following narrative below would inspire someone that is far more skilled at running group games to pick up the ball and run with it.  I will help out as much as I can, but the day to day running a game, harping on and inspiring players to post, not my strong suite.  Here is hoping that there is both interest and a GM willing to take this on.

Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Chirrut Imwe, Corran Horn, Wedge Antillies...

Luke Skywalker.

Each name legends in galactic history, each with one thing in common.  All started out in humble backgrounds and lives.  Farmer's daughter, devoted son, humble mystic, law enforcement officer, cargo station son, moister farmer.  Yet despite what many would call ordinary beginnings, all would go on to shake the very foundations of civilization, bringing hope and redemption to worlds lost in tyrannical despotism.  Now the cycle has come back again, and the specter of the darkside of the Force, of evil and darkness looms over the galaxy.  The New Republic is dead, destroyed by the First Order, the once mighty Republic fleet  so much twisted metal.  Nothing stands between the New Order and domination save the slim silver of hope that is the Alliance.  They are in need of the impossible, they are in need of miracles. 

They are in need of heroes

There is one other thing each person mentioned above has in common with one another.  Every single one of them were Rogues. 

Rogues, where the impossible is as easy as breathing, and miracles are why you get out of the bed in the morning to get paid.  They are the thin red line separating the innocent from darkness, the heroes needed today, now more than ever.

Welcome, to Rogue Squadron.

PM me or respond here, hope folks get inspired as I did.

wigglebiscuit

Love your pitch!

I'd be totally down with this. Would I finally get to play that twi-lek pilot I've been craving ever since I started watching Rebels?

I think that you should have some seasoned old-timer from back in the day who remember what the original Rogue Squadron did, and carries the name forward, perhaps after a particularly bloody battle where most of the new squadron die...

BlackStone

I like that idea, something who left the Republic for the Alliance, and lost all of his friends when the New Republic Fleet was destroyed

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: BlackStone on December 19, 2016, 04:39:57 PM
I like that idea, something who left the Republic for the Alliance, and lost all of his friends when the New Republic Fleet was destroyed
I take it you're not interested in running this yourself?

BlackStone

I have not had luck with ruining and admin games.  I am willing to help, write NPC's, form the plot of the game.

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: BlackStone on December 19, 2016, 05:52:08 PM
I have not had luck with ruining and admin games.  I am willing to help, write NPC's, form the plot of the game.
Well may the force be with you in finding someone!