Seeking Some Star Wars (FFG system)

Started by ShadowFox89, November 11, 2016, 11:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Looking for a DM for a star wars game using the Fantasy Flight Games system, Force and Destiny specifically. Solo, duet, small game, I'm fine with either. My idea for a character is a padawan who has managed to escape Order 66 by... well... punching every clone trooper in his way until he managed to crash the cruiser he was on into an outer rim world, hiding out there for a few years before a passing freighter managed to give him a ride out of there. Now he spends his time as a bodyguard for hire while trying to figure out a way to deal with the Emperor and Vader... without getting killed. Mechanics wise, Human Guardian with the Warden specialization, using gauntlets rather than lightsabers.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

I'm hoping I can find someone to run a game with the system. I know it's a bit wonky with pbp (the dice, mostly), but it isn't too difficult to translate. Got a character idea, Pumpkin?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

I will have to dig through my notes but won't be hard.  I love the system.

Honestly thinking Healer at this point.

Jayna

I wouldn't mind joining as a third!

Also I could potentially try and run a game if we kept it to three or less people. But I can't commit to that right now.

If we don't find a GM it is a possibility though.

Miroque

ShadowFox89

And just picked up the Age of Rebellion book, hopefully I can get some use out of it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheLaughingOne

Well.. I'll stick my neck out some...

What kinda game people looking for..?

I had an idea for one, PCs (mix of EotE and Rebel characters) were doing some work for a crime boss or some such, but in an attempt to save his own neck turned on a bunch of his people selling them down the hyperlane..

Now they are trapped on a Lockdown Prison planet, not some organized one like most places with cells, but literal planet prison. some old world repurposed. Prisoners "run free" but are restricted from areas where imperials still hold control for functions (arrivals, administrations, shipping goods Off planet (if you want food, clothing, ect, your expected to harvest materials and bring them in, think Jakku in force awakens) but imps are mainly there to make sure things dont get To bad between the gangs that run the place and materials keep flowing.

Rumors persist of old underground bases with star ships, being able to bribe some of the imperials, or even some of the gang bosses being able to get an occasional ship to slip in past defensive perimeter of the planet, or get help from the rebellion when you manage to gather some of their people locked up there, as well as a few important targets..

I tend to run my games rather open of sorts. The world is mostly setup, and you make the decisions, i fill in the world around you, the people you interact with, and their reactions. There is some Overarching story, in this case largely being escaping the planet (with potential added note of revenge).

That sound of any interest to anybody..?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

ShadowFox89

Sounds like a mix of the A-Team, Suicide Squad, and Trapped in LA? I'm interested.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

wander

I've got an Edge of the Empire character I'd like to take for a spin, if you don't mind a newby to the system...

Rodian Explorer (Trader) turned Assassin. Make a great sniper, astrogator and copilot.

TheLaughingOne

Right, sorry about silence, but i've gotten rather distracted with some issues RL that are basicly eatting up almost all of my time:( which means i will not be able to run a alrge game right now... Sorry about that:(

maybe in the future i could do something, but im not to hopeful with how things keep playing out for me..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Florence

Saw Rogue One and been craving some Star Wars ever since. Don't suppose there's any hope for this game.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

wander

I'm pondering about if I could run a game of FFG Star Wars... It'd be using pregens most likely though. If I did it as a group, it'd have to be a small one.

Also I'm most knowledgeable with Edge of the Empire over the latter games (though crossover is easy enough to do). All three games use the same system and all starting characters are at the same level of skill, so... maybe we could do something, maybe.

I'd prefer to play than run though, really.

ShadowFox89

Going to bump this and try to find someone to run the game...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

wander

My Rodian Trader-Assassin is seeking a game still. :)

Captain America

I'd be interested in knowing more, if a game starts up.
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

wander

ShadowFox89

Bumping this, hoping to find some interest. Starting up my own game as a GM, would love to play though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

wander

Interested still. May or may not make up a fresh character for it if the game does run.

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Haven't had any luck, no. Just got the sentinel's book too.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

It's a good one.   I started getting the AoR books.

ShadowFox89

Bumping this again, still looking.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

wander

Still holding some interest as a player too.