StarGate......

Started by DarkAngel, October 07, 2009, 09:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel

1SAZ

Since Kate asked me to, here is my character again.

Name: Sergeant Malcolm "Mal" Farris 
Sex: Male
Race: Tau'ri
History: Malcolm was raised in a family of physicist and marines. As such, both expected him to follow in their footsteps. Malcolm was given all the opportunities in the world to prove himself, being sent to the best schools until he was eighteen, when he enlisted in the United States Air Force. Mal, however, just wanted to see the world and other worlds. In other words, he wanted to be an astronaut. The Air Force paid for his studies in Ancient Languages, long enough to earn his PhD. But when he applied for NASA, they turned him down. Not understanding why, he began to ask around to his superiors. After many dead ends and requests for him to take time off, Mal requested himself to be put on active duty. Where he was stationed was Cheyenne Mountain, and therefor, Stargate Command.

After weeks of training and learning about the Stargate, Major Farris was placed into an SG team and aloud his first off world mission. He finally got to do his one goal, seeing another world. His knowledge of languages and technical abilities proved useful on numerous occasions, namely when trying to figure out why the gate wouldn't open when the team's captain tried. Currently, he is acting as a "babysitter" for one of the new civilian members of the SGC. While he doesn't like the new job, it is what he was ordered to do, and it is a nice change to work with someone that understands his techno-babel.

Looks: Major Farris stands at exactly five feet and nine inches and weighs 178lbs. His broad shoulders and squared jaw make him appear ruggedly handsome, though his square, frameless glasses make him appear as the nerd that he is. His short fire red hair and deep green eyes suggest at his Irish heritage, and his accent confirms it. When in the lab or outside of missions, he tends to wear a tee shirt and his black slacks and a sports coat to match. When on a mission however, he wears his fatigues and his carrier vest, as is SGC standard. On his wrist at all times is a stainless steel wristwatch that has his father's name and rank etched into it. On his neck is a Celtic cross, though he tends to keep it hidden while on a mission.

Extra: Fluent in Gaelic, Latin, Hebrew, Berber, Italian, German, Ancient Greek, and he is learning Ancient. Has a fear of clowns and ghosts, which he doesn't talk about at all. He also keeps a small zippo lighter in his pocket, even though he doesn't smoke and hates to be around smokers.

DarkAngel

We still have more room for people and People from different worlds .. Please come and play with us!

CWand

If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I posted a character under Apps, not a Tok'ra proper but she calls her faction the Tok'Goa'uld since she is aligned against them all and unlike her sister that founded the Tok'ra she actually did go to war with the System Lords far more openly. Her view is to get her ship to the point she can fight again and start liberating System Lord worlds again as she gains a military capability to actually engage in open war.

Unfortunately that is a big long term goal and will take a great deal of time. and risking exposure to SG Command and other parties. Right now her efforts were to gather intelligence and what assets she can to prepare for such plans. Difficult to say the least without exposing her existance to much. Odds are even the Tok'ra have no clue she is around.

Doktor Sleepless

It's up to Pixie, but I don't really see how a character with such resources can be used effectively within a game.

Gladiator0161

I'd like to get involved with this if i could. I'm a bit of a StarGate fan as well!

I've seen all of SG1 so I'm pretty familiar with the timeline, and the person playing John Sheppard should make things interesting.

I have a basic character in mind but, I'll need more time to fill in the details, is that alright?

DarkAngel

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 14, 2009, 05:12:27 PM
I posted a character under Apps, not a Tok'ra proper but she calls her faction the Tok'Goa'uld since she is aligned against them all and unlike her sister that founded the Tok'ra she actually did go to war with the System Lords far more openly. Her view is to get her ship to the point she can fight again and start liberating System Lord worlds again as she gains a military capability to actually engage in open war.

Unfortunately that is a big long term goal and will take a great deal of time. and risking exposure to SG Command and other parties. Right now her efforts were to gather intelligence and what assets she can to prepare for such plans. Difficult to say the least without exposing her existance to much. Odds are even the Tok'ra have no clue she is around.

Ruby post your char

DarkAngel

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on October 14, 2009, 05:50:28 PM
It's up to Pixie, but I don't really see how a character with such resources can be used effectively within a game.

Sheppard is already in play.. if you got an idea for another char please go ahead

RubySlippers

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on October 14, 2009, 05:50:28 PM

Well she is far from being the threat she was many centuries ago, for example her ship can fly but with shields and the like very dated a fight would be one sided. And she will eventually need allies and since there are likely to be an alien resistance to the same enemies she could easily be among that leadership. And face it Earth would savor such an ally who is willing to share technology and information, and work with say the Jaffa resistance she would likely be supporting indirectly. I figure to refit her ship for combat against a System Lord's standard warship is going to take alot of work. Frankly she is far more likely to contact SG Command as an operative of her organization to be sure of the motives of such an ally. The Tok'ra had many resources and didn't unbalance things she has less than they have save spies and well a hatred of the Goa'uld.

Laskshmi, Foe of the System Lords
Tok'Goa'uld (against Goa'uld)
Age: 2000 (was very young when she led the Rebellion of Freedom)

Sister of the legendary Tok'ra Queen Egeria and just and a great foe of the Goa'uld but unlike her sister felt direct action was called for. In one of the dark times of the System Lords she led the great Rebellion of Freedom her opening salvo on the two System Lords Nirrti and Yu, freeing several worlds and giving the Jaffa and the humans a free choice to follow her. In a devestating series of campaigns she was poised to have the largest military force in the galaxy until Ra and the rest of the System Lords led into a titanic final battle. Over the home planet of the Goa'uld she met in a final battle outnumbered six to one, her forces fought with heroism and as free beings for their homes. It was only the intervention of the Ancient Ganos Lal that saved Lakshmi and her damaged warship LAKSHMI'S LATHE in an artificial wormhole. Landing on the remote world P2A-347 where her ship still lays buried, hydroponics and other facilities including a sarcophegus is her base of operations. Her children are not with the Tok'ra proper and have their own operations mostly intelligence gathering, trading to rebuild her ship slowly which just needs naqueta to take to space again. But the weapons and shields need serious upgrading.

She is aware of Stargate Command and Earth being active but has avoided direct contact. Her host is a volunteer ,a woman whose family was killed by the Gou'uld System Lord Apophis, and so accepted sharing her body with Lakshmi.

Appearance: Played by Angelina Jolie, tends to dress rather attractively and in as little as possible. A personal servant is a volunteer in case she needs to jump hosts and she has a loyal cadre of elite Jaffa to protect her sanctuary.

Assets: Warship (still under upgrading and repair), Normal Goa'uld Technology (personnel use), Sarcophegus, Goa'uld Technology and Scientific Database (dated a bit), Breeding Pools for Her Children and a Large Espionage Network

Major Problems: If the System Lords find her they will attack in force so keeps her assets close to her chest. Likely pressure from the Tok'ra to get into their organization and replenish their ranks.

Doktor Sleepless

Yes, we saw the profile, we read it. Still; she's a character with power levels completely above and beyond the rest; I do not think she fits with the game. Not my call to make, though.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on October 15, 2009, 11:17:55 AM
Yes, we saw the profile, we read it. Still; she's a character with power levels completely above and beyond the rest; I do not think she fits with the game. Not my call to make, though.

Lets see Stargate Command is backed by the US government and later several other governments. The Tok'ra have very impressive technology and a active network. She has intelligence gathering mostly humans, a ship that is far from being able to be useful, some Jaffa she likely won't travel with and modest technology really mostly dated. Hummmm, how effective do you think she is compared to Stargate Command proper?

And she has tokeep her profile low or get hunted by the entire Gao'uld Empire. I find the roleplaying opportunities interesting and down the road when Earth gets its first Capital ships hers will likely be ready to go.

Doktor Sleepless

It's not about how effective she is; I still don't think she fits in. It's my opinion, but again, it's not my call.

Gladiator0161

Name: Tyler Simmons 
Appearance: Tyler wears a workout shirt, a light vest, black cargo pants and a black leather trench coat with sunglasses when he's not in uniform. When he is in uniform, he's usually armed with a P390 semi-automatic assault rifle, a pistol, a combat knife and a large 8 inch hunting knife.

Personality: Tyler is usually quiet and calm, he only speaks when he's spoken to and he can be blunt at times in conversations. He feels a deep rift due to the relationship he never had with his father and so tends to seek solace in private.
People who have gotten him to open up have been suprised with how nice he actually is, though they tend to say that he still guards himself, even when in social events.

Bio:
Tyler was an army brat when he was growing up. Always being drug around from base to base with his father, and switching schools and martial arts instructors more times than he cared to remember. His mother had died giving birth to him, the doctor's told his father that she'd died due to complications that had arisen suddenly and without warning. So, his father did what he could, he raised Tyler at a distance, not knowing the how's and when's. In an effort to teach Tyler to defend himself, he sent Tyler to martial arts instructors after school, all from the army ofcourse.

Seeing that he really didn't know anything but the army, he enrolled at 18 into the US Army, he went through basic training like any other, worked his way through the lower ranks for about 3 years until the Marines caught his eye.
He started to pick up in his martial arts training when his father died of cancer, delving into the movements and manuevers to calm his rage, usually training with atleast two instructors when he had the time.
He flew through the training schedule they had him on and through basic. He was a raw recruit with alot of potential he'd heard them say. At 22 years of age he was given the rank of Lieutenant and transferred to the StarGate program.
They set him up with a team and for four years they worked together going from planet to planet, sometimes making contact with friendly races and sometimes barely making it home by the skin of their teeth.

Then in a ambush his team was killed by Jaffa as they were scouting a new planet, Tyler himself barely made it out alive. Now he waits in StarGate Command waiting to be reassigned.

Gladiator0161

I hope that Bio is ok. If anything needs added or modified let me know, and I'll do what I can.

pvi212

Name: Greg Jackson
Race: Human
Appearence: Greg is a military man and keeps in shape, his hair regulation length.  His upper body is well developed thanks to his original MOS of cannon crew.
Personality: Having the red leg personality of anything can be destroyed with the proper amount of firepower, Greg can come across as blunt.  However very few see the deeper side of him and those that do have a friend for life that will do anything to assist them.
Bio: Greg is a career NCO, holding the rank of First Sargeant, originally a crewmen on a 155mm cannon crew he switched over to Demoltions and joined the 82nd Airborne.  Having seen combat in the First Gulf war and again in peacekeeping operations in the Balkans, Greg was chosen to assist the Columbian Army in a drug interdiction role.  After three monthes he was approached to join a top secret program run by the US Air Force.  Having completed the training and courses in off world explosives, along with a number of trips through the gate on training trips he is ready to be assigned to his first SG team.

Kate

doc remember that even if she has like a ship and stuff it doesn't mean she can bring it with her.....

or that it doesn't have its own problems ... (It could have been badly damaged and is in a state of needing to be repair - or doesn't have enough crew to really zoom around the universe currently or is more a skeletal ship being decked out and needs more stuff before it really can go online ... )

Doktor Sleepless

It's not about that, but like I said, it's not my call.

DarkAngel

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on October 15, 2009, 02:53:42 PM

Name: Tyler  Simmons 
Appearance: Tyler wears a workout shirt, a light vest, black cargo pants and a black leather trench coat with sunglasses when he's not in uniform. When he is in uniform, he's usually armed with a P390 semi-automatic assault rifle, a pistol, a combat knife and a large 8 inch hunting knife.

Personality: Tyler is usually quiet and calm, he only speaks when he's spoken to and he can be blunt at times in conversations. He feels a deep rift due to the relationship he never had with his father and so tends to seek solace in private.
People who have gotten him to open up have been suprised with how nice he actually is, though they tend to say that he still guards himself, even when in social events.

Bio:
Tyler was an army brat when he was growing up. Always being drug around from base to base with his father, and switching schools and martial arts instructors more times than he cared to remember. His mother had died giving birth to him, the doctor's told his father that she'd died due to complications that had arisen suddenly and without warning. So, his father did what he could, he raised Tyler at a distance, not knowing the how's and when's. In an effort to teach Tyler to defend himself, he sent Tyler to martial arts instructors after school, all from the army ofcourse.

Seeing that he really didn't know anything but the army, he enrolled at 18 into the US Army, he went through basic training like any other, worked his way through the lower ranks for about 3 years until the Marines caught his eye.
He started to pick up in his martial arts training when his father died of cancer, delving into the movements and manuevers to calm his rage, usually training with atleast two instructors when he had the time.
He flew through the training schedule they had him on and through basic. He was a raw recruit with alot of potential he'd heard them say. At 22 years of age he was given the rank of Lieutenant and transferred to the StarGate program.
They set him up with a team and for four years they worked together going from planet to planet, sometimes making contact with friendly races and sometimes barely making it home by the skin of their teeth.

Then in a ambush his team was killed by Jaffa as they were scouting a new planet, Tyler himself barely made it out alive. Now he waits in StarGate Command waiting to be reassigned.

Your team 1 please post
Pvi Your group 2
please post ...

As of now .. Ruby your group 1

Also IF more people are interested .. You will be going to GRoup three and four or to another world deeming where I need you ...

playfullchick76

Ive been thinking about this, and id like to take part in this group stargate roleplay.

I could play a tok'ra, or perhaps the daughter of Her'ouir, doing side deals with the tau'ri and the tok'ra to ensure her survival.

Or, perhaps I was part of the rebellion against the system lords, failed and was sealed in a sarcophagus, and I either escape it when the power fails, or im let out by one of the SG teams that find me and realise that I could be an ally.

Or, I could be the few survivors of a world attacked by a Goa'ld, and join one of the teams to continue the fight.

Whichever one works best, im happy to do.

Kate

Pixie (the overseer) is away at the moment - she is moving states,
currently the team is messing around with character developmenet and paintballing stuff while waiting for her to return.

Rubyslippers is keen on getting her teeth into it also (she has a tokra character, and a ship etc - but we as the team have not met her yet)

perhaps you can discuss things with her - as a friend/ mutual owner of the ship
(try and make the ship not fully operational - phaps your both fixing it after running away from a battle with the gauld that didnt go well or something - or your 1/2 way though making it work - and have stolen it or whatever.

OCC and gaming thread ...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49680.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49681.msg2327869#msg2327869

playfullchick76

That sounds good, I'll talk to her.We could both be allies and in control of the mothership, only its not fully operation, due to battle damage perhaps.