A Love Trap: Betrayal at it's Best. Interest Check

Started by xwickedsmilesx, June 20, 2010, 10:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xwickedsmilesx

A love trap, interest check and sign up!

Alright here we go with my first attempt at a group rp.

I am very interested in starting a rp with a small group. In fact I am looking at four people at this moment. Maybe more characters to be added if someone else can see reason too.

The idea:

I don't know what time I'd like to set it in I suppose that is something left to popular vote.

Medieval setting - The characters for this would be two princess maybe sisters who have love for the same man. The older is married to him clearly cares for him but is also very vain and selfish so her feelings are lost to him. The younger someone who secretly loves him and he shares his affection in her meeting with her in secret or trying to depending where the rp starts. There will be two male characters. Clearly the prince married to older sister whom wants the younger and another male who is either another prince betrothed to the younger sister or could be even a stable boy, knight, king, what have you. This second male will know about the affair between the younger sister and the married prince his interest could lie in the younger girl for personal reasons or the older sister for reasons of material gain or even personal reasons if you want to go there.

Modern setting - In this one the two girls could be friends or sisters and the vain girl could be married or dating the first male. It will follow the same idea the girl has interest in her lover but she's too wound up in herself to show clear affections to him. He's interest are slowly turned to her friend/sister again depending where the rp starts they start or already have been meeting behind the vain ones back. Again there will be a second male, best friend/brother/ or even stranger to the first male who knows the situation and is trying to alter it for his own gain what ever his intentions are.

In either setting I would like to play the vain first female, I know it's a shock I don't want to play the main character in my own roleplay, go figure. ^ - ^ So please tell me if it strikes your interest or if there is anything you think I should add.

jazz

I like the medeival setting idea.  Have you thought about the second man being the king?  Perhaps the marriage was an arranged one for political reasons.  The king is concerned with his country's future and is almost obsessed with the idea of an hier.  Surprisingly he's also attracted to the new princesses in his kingdom.  So if his son isn't going to impregnate his wife the king is playing with the idea of doing it himself.

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.  I'd love to be included in this story
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda

Magnus

This does sound fun. I'd prefer the modern setting, but would be happy trying out the medieval if it didn't include too many "thees" and "thous" and whatnot. Send me a message.

grovercjuk

Sounds a interesting idea, is there still a slot to be filled?

xwickedsmilesx

Woot!

Three interest.

As for the king idea I think it's great! It's up to the person who plays the 2nd's role.

grovercjuk

xwickedsmilesx

Well what role are you most interested in playing the married prince or the 2nd male?

Cause as I stated I'll be the vain first female who's married to the prince.

Jazz will be the second female whom the affair is with.

grovercjuk

xwickedsmilesx

Alright I will set it up and then send you all links to the thread.