The Corsair Sea: Swashbuckling Supernatural Sandbox [Slave's & Males Needed!]

Started by Vergil Tanner, September 30, 2019, 11:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypsychman

raywrites

Ooh, that would be fun. :P I am not quite sure if he would be quite stupid enough to steal from her, though. Maybe after he gets caught someone can sell him off if you want a night with him.

I also wasn't sure about the ship thing, because, 1. I know absolutely nothing about ships so I would need to do a ton of research before I could write about them. 2. His powers are limited to one person at a time, and he would be absolutely useless in a ship to ship to battle. If he did have a ship he would stay out of the way and let everyone else do the fighting and then just come out to collect the spoils. Although, that does give me the idea of having him sneak onto ships and stealing that way once he gets tired of making petty coins. I imagine getting caught with your hands in their booty is enough to piss off any pirate. XD

Krys

If anyone is interested in a slightly different take on the pirate trope (take a look at Arihani), I'm open for coops.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Hotaru37

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 05, 2019, 09:30:34 AM
There's always more room! The more the merrier ^_^ It's a sandbox game, so there can never be too many players or characters. :-)

I know that we're currently hurting for slaves and crew-members. Plenty of captains don't have crew or slaves with them, so you could always make one of them. Or you could throw another Captain into the mix! Anything works, really :D

Thanks.   :-)  I will definitely try to put my ideas into action either tonight or tomorrow morning to get a character up. 

Quote from: greypsychman on October 05, 2019, 01:14:39 PM
To Hotaru 37, I am looking for a first mate on my ship.

Awesome!  That just might solve that part of my character sheet.  I could definitely see that with the character I have in mind.  Thanks.   ;D
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Vergil Tanner

Mac84: You should! Join us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Hotaru: Happy to help! Looks like you have some people already trying to persuade you, eh? :P :P

Raywrites: Stupid...or arrogant? ;) But in all seriousness, we have more than a few captains who would be happy to break him in xD So take a nose and decide who you want to rail him :P
As for the ship, it was only a suggestion, haha. He could always get around by "stealing" rides, no? :P

Everyone:

I plan to have the OOC and character thread up today! What my plan is is to have an OOC thread for people who want to chat on E, but that will support the "Main" OOC on Discord.
Also, I'll have two character threads; one will be the Archive, where people will post their sheets directly. Then, there will be the "Active" thread, where I will take the code for the sheets and post them personally. That way, if somebody withdraws or disappears for whatever reason, I can remove the bio from the active sheet thread to keep it nice and clean and tidy and a copy of the sheet remains in the Archives so it isn't lost or destroyed forever. I have some work to do first, but I'll be getting to doing that hopefully in the afternoon :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

greypsychman

To Krys:

Perhaps since Espen and Arihani are both in Reaver Captain Arabella Cartwright's faction. Perhaps they are acquaintances.  Maybe they partner together when raiding?

Just throwing out some ideas.

Vergil Tanner

Alrighty boys and girls!

The OOC is up! Approved Players, please mosey on over there and check it out, have a chinwag! The Discord Server will be up soon.

Please post your Bio's here! I will then copy the code and I will post them here!

I hope to have the IC up on Wednesday at the latest. In the meantime, start plotting connections with each other and start planning scenes! :D

I look forward to seeing the approved players in the OOC!

As for the lurkers and new players, spots are always open! :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Hotaru37

Alydove Loreweaver, "Dove the Peaceful"

Race: Aelfin [White Elf]
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Race-based Powers:
Enhanced Senses: As an elf, she has extremely good sight and hearing.  Whether night or day she can see better than a human and depending on the situations will determine how much better.  Her hearing is the same way.

Natural Grace and Agility: Elves have a natural grace and agility about them.  They can move a little quicker than a human and would have a better chance to dodge or get out of the way of an attack.

Healer: Dove, herself is a elven healer.  Out of all the abilities she could have inherited, this one seemed to be the one that flowed the most naturally.  So her abilities are strong, but definitely have lots of limitations.

Minor Wounds are an easy heal.  She can easily close them and there is no scar.
Medium Wounds are little more difficult.  She can heal most medium wounds depending on where they are on the body. Certain areas especially around the organs are harder to heal.  There is always a scar of sorts left behind.
Heavy/Fatal Wounds: These types of wounds are a toss up if she can deal with them at all.  Depending on where they are at on the body she might be able to heal enough to hopefully get the person to a doctor of sorts.  But it is never a guarantee.  Theses wounds will leave scars.

Illnesses: They work in the same way as wounds.  The more severe they get, the harder it is for Dove to handle.

Role: First Mate/Healer of Espen de Ruyter, "The Just"

Faction: In Service To Reaver Captain Arabella Cartwright

Face Claim: None that the moment

Player O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101713.0
Character O/O's: For now the same as mine.

Appearance:

Dove is about 5’7” with the slender build all the elves seem to have with just enough curves and butt to draw some attention. But her colors are different than most of her elven tribe cousins.  White Elves normally have various shades of blue and lavender hair color along with all types of color eyes.  Dove in peculiar has medium to dark blue hair and teal colored eyes. 

She has slight tribal markings along her eyes giving away that she is from the White Elf tribe.  It is subtle marks that most humans don’t always notice unless they are pointed out by other races.  The top of her ears come to a point.  Her clothes are mostly in browns or grays and she wears trousers to easily move about the ship.  She normally carries an elven long sword along with a light crossbow and whip on her person.

Personality:

As Dove was growing up she was a shy and quiet elf that liked to stick by her elder brother’s side.  She liked the little place they lived in and never wanted to leave the safety of the White Queen’s tribe.  Her brother was the opposite and always dreamed of traveling.  So when he came of age and was allowed outside of their world Dove was scared.  She became bullied and withdrew.  Though when they stopped receiving letters from him she grew a backbone to go out and find him.

Now, as a First Mate she has gained the confidence and self-reliance to become who she was meant to be.  She is kind and understanding with most, but lost the naivety of youth.  Even though she is non-violent by nature she can and will do what is needed to protect the ship, her crew, and Captain.  She can be stern and take no nonsense, but her gentle nature will always shine through with her healing abilities. 

History Overview:

Dove comes from a small area in Reaver Captain Arabella Cartwright’s domain.  The White Elves are a race that settled there long ago, no one remembers exactly when.  From what Dove can remember from some classes when she was young was that many of the tribes of Elves all lived together up North.  So far North that there was snow all year round.  Minor fights started because of the cold and the tribe was soon pulled into factions.  Some wanted to find a warmer climate while others called them cowards.  It came to a head when a young elf was found frozen in the snow.  A battle broke out and what would later become the White Elves broke away from their sister tribe, the Frost Elves. 

It was said they spent several years traveling by land and sea loosing many of their tribe to all types of situations including a run in with the Soliel Empire.  That had ended up with loosing a few of their people that they could not save becoming slaves there.  Eventually they were able to get on a ship and into the Corsair Sea.  They were chased by the Empire and surprisingly was given aide by the Reaver Captain at the time of the Hai Zhī Huā.  They were able to make a treaty with the Corsair King/Queen at the time along with that Reaver Captain to get a small island in the Hai Zhī Huā as their own.

The reason they did that is that they are slightly more chaotic then their other elven cousins and so they settled where they did to live out of the way, Some of them have habits of summoning things they shouldn’t which then need killed.  To say while parts of their city on their island are beautiful elven structures.  There is a lot of destruction as well.  They don’t trust easily and don’t normally give trust to anyone outside of their own race.  If you happen to get the loyalty of a White Elf they will do whatever they can to watch over you and protect you. 

The White Queen which is the ruler of the White Elves and a direct descendent of the original leader that took them out of the North have treaty with both Reaver Captain, Arabella Cartwright and Corsair Queen, Lucilla Gale.  She promised to help defend and protect when asked by either of them.  The Queen has sent several of her people out over the years that were more adventurous to make their way in the Corsair Sea.  The White Queen is considered a demigod to the White Elves and her descendants just the next aspect of her.  That started with their original leader Renwick Dreamcaller performer "Miracles" on their way to the Corsair Sea.  To defy the White Queen is blasphemy and rumored to bring a curse.  Though whether anyone has gotten a curse put on themselves hasn't lived to tell the tale.   

Dove wasn’t one of the ones to be sent out by the White Queen though.  She actually originally ran away.  She wasn’t quite old enough, but to her there wasn’t any choice as her brother was missing.  When he left on the Queen’s orders he promised to write her, but after a year he just stopped.  Knowing something had happened she begged anyone to find her brother, but her plea fell on deaf ears.  It was life…

She went looking for her brother on her own and ended up in a world of hurt.  White Elves were rare outside their tribe and her budding healing abilities made her rarer.  She escaped becoming a slave a couple of times, but the last time she had escaped was only thanks to Espen de Ruyter, "The Just" and his crew.  Dove was in the process of being sexually assaulted by random pirates when members of Espen’s crew chased them away.  Not sure what to do with her they took her back to the ship to heal. 

She became the member of the crew and they taught her to fight, to defend her even though she wasn’t fond of it.  They taught also how to take care of a ship like they did and encouraged her in her healing abilities.  The Captain and First Mate were especially kind to her hearing her story and this ship became her family.  Then came her first failure in her mind.  The First Mate became ill and no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t heal him.  It was a blow to her when he died.

Then after grieving Espen asked to take the position of his First Mate.  She didn’t want to, but the crew agreed with him.  From that moment on The Dexterous had a White Elve Healer as their First Mate.

Theme Song:

I hope this looks all right.  I couldn't find a pic I really liked.  But here it is.  Let me if or how I need to fix.  lol
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Vergil Tanner

Ok, so, a couple of small edits!

1) You might want to check the "Center" coding. It looks like you missed out an open bracket.

2) You might want to resize or crop the picture you're using; it's really big and is shunting a large percentage of the initial information off to one side.

3) The Race should read "Aelfin [White Elf]"

4) If she's an Aelfin rather than a Halfbreed, she can't "Pick" magic. Aelfin can't use magic. She would have healing as her natural racial ability rather than magic that she "Chose." :-)

5) Where is her tribe? Where is she from, originally? If outside of the Corsair Sea, which direction do you need to go to find this tribe? I'm interested! TELL ME THE LORE! :P :P :P

Other than those minor edits, she looks all good! :D

Hotaru37

I did the edits Vergil.  What do you think?   :-)   Some of that I should have caught before I posted, but missed.  Oppss...  lol  I will blame it on multi-tasking.  I was cooking at the time too,  haha

Vergil Tanner

That looks all good! :D Approved! Go and pop it in the Archives that I linked above, and I'll add it to the Active Thread. The OOC is also linked above :D

Hotaru37

SilkenVenom

I wish I had found this earlier.

Question: are slaves relegated to just being slaves, or can they hold positions of importance while still technically being owned by someone? If that makes any sense?

Vergil Tanner

Hey there Venom! That's ok, you found us now! :D

To answer your question, yes, but it depends on their owner. Their owner would need to have the authority to appoint them to that position, of course, and the slave would still belong to them so any pay, bribes, perks etc would go to their owner and they would still be considered property by everybody else regardless of what they did, though if they had a position of importance that might enforce some basic respect xD

Kit

Eorlund Bjørnson , "Muckfolker"

Race: Half-Breed
Sexual Orientation: Straight as a Reaver-Captain’s pegleg.

Race-based Powers:
-Fury of the North: When in a particularly violent and blood-filled environment, Eorlund enters in a trance-like fury state where pain becomes obsolete and goals are driven by pure and unadulterated rage. He nonetheless isn’t invincible, and can still fall unconscious or be killed when to much damage is sustained. His eyes glow red during the whole process. He can stay in this state from 1 to up to 15min, turning to his disadvantage when all possible threats are eliminated and he begins tearing down his own ship.

-The School of the Bear: When Eorlund consumes a special mushroom called a Psilocybe, that can only be found in specific locations in the Great North, or when a red moon is present, he transform into a bear. Well...a beafed-up tetosterone-filled-to-the-brim version of a bear. In this form he is exceptionally strong, tougher and more relentless than when in his trance-like rage.  Driven by the scent of blood, any ounce of humanity disappears under a thousand pounds of muscle and fur. He can hold this form again from 1 to 15 min before turning back to human form weak and exhausted. And he isn’t invincible either, although very though one can defeat him if aiming at the right spots.
His bite, contrary to Werewolves, does not result in the victim becoming a berserker.

Role: Captain
Faction: In Service To High-Captain William A. Bruyn / In Service To Reaver-Captain Mendoza
Face Claim: Crach an Craith
O/O's: It’s not relevant anymore of my current On/Offs and I don’t really want to come back to it because it’s cringy

Appearance:

Standing proudly under his 5’8” and weighing no less than 110 kilos, Eorlund is one big hunk of a man. His general figure, while dressed, can seem fat-ish. But don’t be fooled as under his gear are muscles that are as hard and firm as his leather and mesh armor. He is much more human than other half-breeds, so much so that he is often mistaken for one. His other half being unknown by most. And he plans to keep it this way, as he only uses his race-based powers on a very little basis, and he NEVER leaves witnesses.
He adorns a complete set of red facial hair, well groomed and cut, as well as even redder hair pulled backwards by a simple headband. The details of the equipment and physical attributes are numerous : his rings, his belt, his luxurious garments, his constant tired look. Listing and describing each detail would be useless as people generally define him as “complicated”.

Personality:

Straight-forward is the only solid value of his personality. He is an abomination, but also of king’s blood. He can be awfully cruel, but values honor. His duality is even more pronounced in the fact that it branches out in different intensities of emotions and opinions. It is not uncommon that he bursts in pikes of anger before turning silent and thoughtful, to then indulge in the pleasures of the drink and of the flesh with utmost enthusiasm, worthy of a Norse god.
Other than women and drinking, he simply likes the company of others, were they humans, Aelfin or anathemas (oouh fancy word) because in some way they make him feel normal, like he never had traumatic experiences, a sort elaborate roleplay where everyone besides him are freaks of nature. He also delects fighting, because letting out bottled anger is always something he must do, lest it burst out like a barrel of beer left marinating in the hold during a storm. Yet he also dislikes it, as it also leads into unnecessary violence.
On to what he hates, and what he hates above all are...pirates. You heard me right, pirates. The ones he frequents on a daily basis are the same sort than the pillagers that attacked his village in his opinion, the same people he helped with dirty jobs back on the Old Continent. They are scum, but so is he, and he must admit the philosophy of piracy:”Live short but live happy” is a life he loves living.

History Overview:

Son of Tril son of Thrall, Eorlund is part of a family along with others that go back as far as the times when the gods walked in corporeal form. Those families combined formed the worshippers of Svalblod, an ancient Deity of Nature and Blood. Legends tell, that ancient kings made a bloodpact with the latter in order to gain the power to change form, but as soon as the pact was made, Svalbog placed a curse over their descendants for the rest of time. The curse goes:”My blood shall rot for every passing generation with my burning hatred.”
His specific family, Bjørnson, chose for the school of the bear. Thus this accursed blood rot generation over generation, making the once royal and respected individuals into cast-away feared beasts, until arriving to Eorlund, the last representative of his bear-school kind, and the most rotten of all.

Eorlund was born to a Berserker father and a human mother in a Hurtwic in the Great North back on the old continent. Their story is most peculiar but for another time. Like most Nordic coastal settlements, to sustain themselves during the winters they needed to pillage. But Eorlund was forbidden to attend the raids by his father, for reasons he quickly understood during his teenage years when, like his father, he felt in his deepest self hellish impulses to k̵̫̰̜̈͝i̴͓͌̋̀̔l̶̰̻̜̹̒l̷̩͛.
Tril learned his son to control those powers :”Control your powers, don’t let them control you.” he often repeated. And it worked, for some time, until he went, against his father’s will, on his first raid. Let’s just say the sudden spike of surrounding violence caused the unwanted inner-self to emerge. He returned bloody and alone. He pretended a botched job, but that unfortunate event would haunt him for the rest of his life.

Cut to 7 years later, a 23 year old Eorlund bloodied and alone, his village burned down and sacked, having massacred an entire raiding squad. The squad’s chief impressed, took him in. He didn’t resist, he hated his neighbours for hating his father’s “kind”, he hated his father for letting him be born, and he hated himself for being an abomination.
This chief, named William A. Bruyn, was a successful Warlord meddling in politics, and Eorlund became his personal bodyguard. Both, along with other monstrous kind, were part of a mercenary group called the “Muckfolk”.
When this group were promised a clean and lootable land over and above the sea, they didn’t hesitate to immigrate, preferring the well less competitive and far more rich tropical archipelago and clear blue seas to the sickness-riddled deathtrap cities of the Old continent. Thus Eorlund was hurled with his hundreds or so criminally inclined pals along with their leader William to the Corsair sea.

William rose ranks rather successfully, going from mister nobody to High-Captain in a very short span of time, surely having abused of all sorts of tips and tricks that come with being a criminal mastermind, having been able to build a sizable company of misfits bathing their world in corruption and debauchery, trading all manners of goods from black market items to slaves to stolen booty to anyone willing to pay the price. Over the years a certain friendship came to be between William A. Bruyn and the Eastern Beauty Arabella Catwright and her army of spies, but for her he was just another asset in her giant chess game. Point is as personal bodyguard, Eorlund was offered for his loyal services a post as captain under William’s command, a brand new ship and a flew of horrid monstrosities as crew.
Since then he has fared successfully in the New World, working under the command of Reaver-Captain Mendoza, “defending” the Corsair sea from tax-unpaying scum.

Ship and Crew:

Eorlund’s ship is the “Hullbreaker”, a mix between a Trireme or Longship style boat that specializes in ramming. Relying on ridiculously long oars to give it that extra edge in speed and manoeuvrability, and to avoid any unnecessary friction the sails can be easily furled up.
On the bow of the ship evidently a big ass metal ram is attached, with as a counterweight another one at the aft, both nicely decorated acting like figureheads. Finally the ship is also outfitted with draw ramps to enable easy boarding and doesn’t deprive himself of a few dozen cannons on each side. One must weaken an enemy craft before boarding it.
While this ramming tactic works against the more bulkier and slow ships, it wouldn’t be that effective against more niftier and agile ships.
Other than that the ship is mainly crewd with Half-Breeds and Aelfins, with the lot of them being of the deformed and rejected types. Think the crew of the flying dutchman of Pirate of the Caribbean but with more variety.
Eorlund’s second hand, Vamir “Jaw” Flint is half human - half merfolk shark with an obscure backround (of course), an utmost abomination but a damn good shooter, even more with his weapon of choice: the flintlock.

Theme Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5oSZ1NrcQ

Vergil Tanner

Hotaru37

Thobias “The Cold“ Loreweaver

Race: Aelfin [White Elf]
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Race-based Powers:
Enhanced Senses: As an elf, she has extremely good sight and hearing. Whether night or day she can see better than a human and depending on the situations will determine how much better. Her hearing is the same way.

Natural Grace and Agility: Elves have a natural grace and agility about them. They can move a little quicker than a human and would have a better chance to dodge or get out of the way of an attack.

Frost:  It is a rare trait in White Elves, but Thobias is the first in almost a century to have the natural talent for using Frost.  It had been more prominent when they lived in the North as a tribe with the Frost Elves.  It has faded out for the most part out of the White Elf line. 

Ice Rink: His hands turning a frosty blue he can turn the ground up to 20ft around him into an ice rink.  With doing that there is a medium-low possibility of freezing people in place by their feet when doing it.

Ice Hands: He can freeze parts of people’s bodies he touch if they are glowing that frosty blue. 

Sword of Ice:  This is something that he was starting to learn, but has never truly been able to complete before his capture.

The hugest drawback to his ice abilities is the amount of concentration he needs.  Thobias needs a lot of it. If that concentration is broken everything returns to like it was never there.  Given practice these abilities could come a lot easier.

Role: Slave
Faction: To Be Seen
Face Claim:None at the moment

Player O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=101713.0
Character O/O's: Same as O/O’s for now.

Appearance:

Thobias stands a little taller than most elves 6’2” tall along with the slenderness that comes with the elfish race.  The elf is lightly toned and not as musclar as a human male.  Having more a runner or swimmers body. He has white hair with a bluish tint to it and silver-blue eyes that look like they light up in the dark.

He liked wearing comfortable elfish clothing of grays or blues that were made for traveling until being captured by slavers.  Now, he wears whatever he is given even it is ill-fitting and rough against his skin.  The markings under his eyes that claim him as a White Elf is fading from some reason.

Personality:

Thobias has always been outgoing and quite adventurous.  Always wanting to see the world and experience everything and anything he can.  Feisty and strong, he had an open view of wanting to explore.  He figured between him and his sister, the world would open to them and welcome them.  In that way he was quite naïve.

Now, being enslaved and part way beaten down, the hope he had is about dead.  Most of the time he is quiet and compliant with the slavers.  But there are still times where he becomes defiant and tries to fight for his freedom.  He wants to be himself, his true self, but feels like he is drowning under everything.

History Overview:

Thobias comes from a small area in Reaver Captain Arabella Cartwright’s domain. The White Elves are a race that settled there long ago, no one remembers exactly when. From tales that have been told when they are young was that many of the tribes of Elves all lived together up North. So far North that there was snow all year round. Minor fights started because of the cold and the tribe was soon pulled into factions. Some wanted to find a warmer climate while others called them cowards. It came to a head when a young elf was found frozen in the snow. A battle broke out and what would later become the White Elves broke away from their sister tribe, the Frost Elves.

Though what he learned recently from the elves he met outside the White Queen’s Kingdom, told there was more to it.  Supposedly, Renwick Dreamcaller scared many of the elves that weren’t loyal to him and he had been deemed dangerous.  Some of his abilities had went from chaotic to dark making many nervous.  The fight had truly broken out when several young elves just up and disappeared.  That is all the other Elves he met knew.  What else he knew was picked up in White Elf history. 

It was said they spent several years traveling by land and sea loosing many of their tribe to all types of situations including a run in with the Soliel Empire. That had ended up with loosing a few of their people that they could not save becoming slaves there. Eventually they were able to get on a ship and into the Corsair Sea. They were chased by the Empire and surprisingly was given aide by the Reaver Captain at the time of the Hai Zhī Huā. They were able to make a treaty with the Corsair King/Queen at the time along with that Reaver Captain to get a small island in the Hai Zhī Huā as their own.

There was more Thobias would find out later to the treaty than met the eye and most of it was unknown to the White Elve population.  He heard rumors that any White Elves found outside their domain without a Crest from the Ruler of the White Elves is considered fair game.  No White Elves are allowed outside the island without the Crest.  The White Queen had been warned of that by Corsair King/Queen since the treaty began.

Second, only known to the Reaver Captains, Corsair Queen, and current ruler of the White Elves is that there is a sleeping creature under the island of the White Elves.  Each generation of rulers that the White Queen came from has a strong sleep ability.  Each generation adds to the lasts ones deal on it's underwater cage to keep it asleep.  There are tunnels under the ground of the palace that goes deep enough to find a sea cave with a locked glowing door of seals.  Should the abilities ever wear off a Giant Squid of unknown proportions would awaken and destroy the home of the White Elves before causing terror in the Corsair Sea.

The reason that they agreed to the Treaty like that is that they are slightly more chaotic then their other elven cousins and so they settled where they did to live out of the way, Some of them have habits of summoning things they shouldn’t which then need killed before it destroys the city. To say while parts of their city on their island are beautiful elven structures, there are a lot of destruction in their buildings as well. They don’t trust easily and don’t normally give trust to anyone outside of their own race. If you happen to get the loyalty of a White Elf they will do whatever they can to watch over you and protect you.

The White Queen which is the ruler of the White Elves and a direct descendent of the original leader that took them out of the North have treaty with both Reaver Captain, Arabella Cartwright and Corsair Queen, Lucilla Gale. She promised to help defend and protect when asked by either of them. The Queen has sent several of her people out over the years that were more adventurous to make their way in the Corsair Sea. The White Queen is considered a demigod to the White Elves and her descendants just the next aspect of her. That started with their original leader Renwick Dreamcaller performer "Miracles" on their way to the Corsair Sea. To defy the White Queen is blasphemy and rumored to bring a curse. Though whether anyone has gotten a curse put on themselves hasn't lived to tell the tale.

Thobias knows first hand not all sent out by the White Queen were willing to leave.  He was always the adventurous type, yes, but…  He wanted to wait until Dove was old enough to go with him.  Thobias was not given a choice when an ability no one was expecting popped up.  Ice started forming at his fingertips and being scared he went to the White Queen.  Instead of helping him, the Queen called him an abomination and threw him out of the tribe. She didn't want to be reminded of the Frost Elves at all.

He had to lie to his sister about what happened and promised to write, but had to break that promise.  He knew his precious baby sister would never understand, but it had become dangerous.   About a year later after being thrown out, he was kidnapped by slaving pirates.  He eventually ended up on "the Pillager" ran by Captain Josh 'The Savage' Dudley who’s crew took turns doing the unimaginable to him.  The worst of it being rape, which was his punishment for trying to freeze one of the crew.  They later traded him to another slave ship that plans on selling him at the next auction or the highest bidder they meet before then.

Theme Song:

Vergil Tanner

OK, so! I like him! The character himself is approved!

I do have a question tho. This treaty with the Corsairs... You mention that they agree to fight with the Corsairs if they're ever in danger - more specifically, Arabella or Luci - but with how Corsairs are, that isn't enough to give them their own independent island, especially with land being at a premium. What else do the Elves offer in exchange for this privilege?

Did you have an idea on whose slave he might be?

Aren't the White Elves pissed that one of their number is a slave to the people they have a treaty with?

Hotaru37

Thank you.  Awesome! hehe

Hmmm...  You do make a good point about that...  Now, I am back in thinking mode....  There would definitely have to be more to sweeten the pot so to speak...  I will come up with something and see what you think, unless you got an idea?

All right.  I may have the beginning of an idea.  What if the island the White Elves are on has something on it or underneath it?  Something they have been guarding or protecting as part of the treaty.   Makes it so that their tribe has become tied to the island...

lol  Well...  He is up for bid...  Anyone like the idea of having my Thobias?  Just be warned, his poor sister is looking for him.

Well, not with him really.  I might have to word it in the bio better, but Thobias was thrown out of the tribe by the White Queen because of his ability with frost.  The White Elves while loyal to their own tribe want no reminders of the Frost Tribe their ancestors lived with.  Because his abilities are throwbacks of the Frost Tribe he no longer exists to them. Only to his sister.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, but what would they be guarding that would be entrusted to them rather than their own crews? Or perhaps those guarding it have some kind of side effect that the Captains don't want? Hmmm.
The other option is something like a dangerous resource. EG, they harvest the materials needed for gunpowder or something, I dunno.

I would offer Luci - she needs a good boy toy to rail - but she has three already and I don't wanna be greedy xD

Krys

Quote from: Hotaru37 on October 07, 2019, 07:56:03 PMlol  Well...  He is up for bid...  Anyone like the idea of having my Thobias?  Just be warned, his poor sister is looking for him.

Ah dawg, sadly no men nor slaves allowed aboard the Embrasseur Vague. :P
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Hotaru37

I have added more to the Treaty hoping to fix questions and see what you think Vergil.  Lol.  :-)

Thobais is still up for grabs as a slave everyone
  Haha

And that is okay Krys.   ;D

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, that looks good! Though the presence of the creature is probably only known to the Reaver Captains and the queen herself. What is the creature? How did they discover it? How do they keep it asleep?

Vergil Tanner

Just as a point of order, I'm considering making a second character; a female slave who would be a fucktoy and an assassin, magically bound with a contract. If any of the current players are interested in having her connected with their character, creating a second character to be connected to her, or if somebody who has not yet made a character is reading and is interested in having a sexy Drow slave...let me know! I want to know that there's interest before I create her :P

Hotaru37

All right.  Done.   :-)  You ask good questions that make think though I am not sure it is good for me early in the morning.  Haha. :p