Police Officer and father of two killed in traffic stop collusion.

Started by Wyrd, June 30, 2011, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Article

The 15 year old boy responsible for this young mans senseless death may be paralyzed for the rest of his life. It's shame he's alive at all for this. I parents live in the community and whole town is hit hard by the uncommon tragedy. But this, like many other scenes of similar, make me just think how much the men and women of the law risk them selves everyday. I hope Garret Styles rests in piece and the teen is punished.
Ragtime Dandies!

Caeli

I think it's sick that the media has been airing his final dispatch call. That's all I'm going to say about this.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Wyrd

I couldn't listen to it. I feel sick to my stomach about the whole thing. And I agree with you very much. Something like that should either be used in the court behind closed doors or given to the family to decide to release it or not.   
Ragtime Dandies!

TheGlyphstone

I hope the kid lives - being bedridden and paralyzed for the rest of his life, and knowing he killed another man in the process of becoming that way, seems like punishment enough.

Wyrd

Watching the funeral on CBC right now. over 1000 police officers and RCMP there paying respects to Constable Styles and to give their hearts to his family.  My maple leaf is flying half mass today.
Ragtime Dandies!

Caela

This is tragic but I have two questions that I didn't see answers to in the article linked; what caused the van to accelerate and why did it drag the officer with it instead of his being able to fall back out of the way?

My deepest condolences to his family.

Sho

I was wondering that too - I'm thinking the driver probably accelerated when he panicked (it's the only reason I can think of), but who knows? It might have been something else...either way, though, reading through the comments below the article (on the article's website, not on E), I gathered that the driver's record will be wiped entirely clean once he turns 18. The first thing I wonder is how a 15 year old was driving...and the second was how he could possibly receive the good fortune of having his record wiped when he becomes an adult. I know that we do it in the States as well, but...

It hardly seems like any sort of justice.

It's one of the more tragic things I've read about, and my heart and prayers go out to his family.