News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignaddio

X and Y may also refer to vertices; if a third game for the series is developed it could be Z and the three vertices together would reference the series' switch to full 3D.

The much maligned fire/fighting combination actually serves a purpose; the introduction of entry hazards put Typhlosion and Charizard at a disadvantage  in the competitive community that the other starters didn't have: the cyndaquil/charmander evolutionary lines take double/quadruple damage from Stealth Rock. In order to keep the starters popular and balanced in Tournaments, the fire starters in the next three generations gained fighting as a secondary type so that the starters would take normal or less damage from entry hazards. (Edit: I might be talking out of my ass here. Stealth Rock was introduced in Diamond/Pearl)

That said, in the trailer Fennekin uses a purple beam attack that resembles psywave or psybeam. Fire/Psychic might be an option.

Edit: Also, I think it's hard to justify premature rage over Fennekin's design indicating a potential fighting type: it's a quadruped. The vast majority of the fighting types in the game are bipedal, with the only exceptions being the Swords of Justice.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

Ariel

X and Y? Really? What is this, half of the DS control pannels? What's next, A and B? I agree with the norm. Rage, indeed. However, I'm a total Pokèmon nutcase, and I may wind up buying the game. Even if if sucks, I can just transfer all the new Pokèmon to my Black 1/2 games. ^____^ I mean, I've played FireRed, Sapphire, Black 1/2, Diamond, and Pokèmon Ranger and those were all so much fun. Maybe this one is too, minus the shit name. xD Even though it won't have N. </3
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Tsenta

Actually with next gen games, you can't transfer backwards. B/W don't have the coding for the new pokemon, so you can't trade pokemon from X/Y to Black/White.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Ariel

Love the avatar!

And you got to be kidding me. Seriously, do you have an article I can read?

I lied, you guys. This game looks like a waste of money. ;-;
Not accepting new RPs

Tsenta

It's actually common knowledge, you can't transfer back to previous gens because they lack the coding/sprites for the new pokemon. Only exception being was HeartGold and SoulSilver able to trade with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.  HeartGold and SoulSilver were Gen2 remakes but in the Gen4 world.

If it were possible, hell I'd have a Red version with Zekrom in it! :P

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Uprising on January 18, 2013, 12:04:21 AM
Love the avatar!

And you got to be kidding me. Seriously, do you have an article I can read?

I lied, you guys. This game looks like a waste of money. ;-;

That's kinda how things have been since.... Gold and Silver, really.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sweet Cherry Pie

Okay so this is kind of random but, I gotta say, I haven't played Pokemon games since Crystal (hell yeah GameBoy Color!), but I'm actually thinking about starting up again now that I have a 3DS and that this X and Y is coming out in October.. I'm also thinking about getting either Black or White to play in the meantime to try and catch up to the hundreds of new pokemon that have been added since Crystal (so.. many... pokemon.... .__.). I only want to get one, though.. which one would you guys recommend out of the two?
Always looking for new stories! ^.^ PM me anytime...

***  My Ons and Offs | One-on-one requests | Apologies and Absences  ***

F-list

Ariel

Black and White are practically the same, except for the two Legendaries Reshiram and Zekrom, the two cities Black City and White Forest, and selective Pokèmon. I, personally, love the Pokèmon Black because I think Reshiram is cuter than Zekrom but you may think otherwise. Just google images of Reshiram and Zekrom and see which one you like better. c:

Zekrom is inWhite and Reshiram is inBlack.
Not accepting new RPs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thanks, Uprising! I looked them up and you're right - Reshiram looks cuter to me. Zekrom looks like a big, tough bad ass, and that's cool, but I like the pretty one, heh. ^^
Always looking for new stories! ^.^ PM me anytime...

***  My Ons and Offs | One-on-one requests | Apologies and Absences  ***

F-list

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Tsenta

I'd highly recommend picking up Black or White (or if you're like me, both and then the sequels) they're solid games. They'll be a good introduction into the DS games, rotation battles, and triple battles. B/W are good but they get a lot of hate from Gen1 and Gen2 prods (fanboys who can't get over the nostalgia)   

There's also two remakes of the Gold/Silver/Crystal era  named HeartGold and SoulSilver, they're pretty solid games as well but don't have as many features that B/W have.

Chris Brady

Just let me have my Eevees and their evolutions and no one gets hurt!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ariel

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 19, 2013, 09:58:35 PM
Just let me have my Eevees and their evolutions and no one gets hurt!

My friend traded me an Eevee and they aren't all that, so I was disappointed. It took me more than ten eggs before I finally got a female Eevee, and you need Stones of every kind to transform them, otherwise they evolve into Espeon or Umbreon. Dx

Oh, and on Pokèmon B/W 2, you can get a Zorua! I was so happy and they're so rare, so I just thought I would throw that out there.
Not accepting new RPs

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Tsenta

Currently there's...7 Eevee evolutions?  Umbreon, Espeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Glaceon.   I'm waiting for Dragon, Steel, and Rock evolutions.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ignaddio

I just don't understand all the rage about the Pokemon franchise changing. The Pokemon series has always been about change. Even as early as Pokemon yellow GameFreak has been adding and changing the mechanics of how the game works.

Honestly, who cares that it doesn't share the same naming convention as the previous titles? Technically Gold, Silver and Crystal were a departure from the naming convention of Gen I. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were a departure from the convention of Gen II. Gen IV mixed and matched naming conventions from Gens II and III. Black 2 and White 2 Broke all the previous naming conventions: there hasn't been a consistent naming convention since the first generation. Why does it matter that it's letters instead of colors, or precious metals, or gemstones?

While we're on it, let's not dump on the character designs just yet and pretend that Gen I designs were perfect; Red and Blue introduced no fewer than three pokemon who were formless blobs of purple goo, two separate evolution lines that involved simply gluing another two of the same pokemon on, and a pokemon that consisted of a 1950's racial stereotype of a black woman(Jynx).

While I would always enjoy seeing more Eeveelutions, I would also like to see other pokemon that used the Moss Rock or Ice Rock to evolve.

Tsenta

You know what'd be cool? A Steel/Ice type that evolves via the Ice Rock.

Ignaddio

Mawile and Sableye could also benefit from an evolution. I love Mawile, but its stats are so poor. I think giving Sableye good stats might be a bit too much though; it's got a bunch of immunities and no weaknesses.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ignaddio on January 20, 2013, 01:38:04 AM
I just don't understand all the rage about the Pokemon franchise changing. The Pokemon series has always been about change. Even as early as Pokemon yellow GameFreak has been adding and changing the mechanics of how the game works.
You DO know this is Nintendo we're talking about?  Change is not what they do.  They modify, they tweak, but they never, ever change the core of the game, and that suits the fans just fine.

Wolfy

Quote from: Ignaddio on January 20, 2013, 01:38:04 AM

Honestly, who cares that it doesn't share the same naming convention as the previous titles? Technically Gold, Silver and Crystal were a departure from the naming convention of Gen I. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were a departure from the convention of Gen II. Gen IV mixed and matched naming conventions from Gens II and III. Black 2 and White 2 Broke all the previous naming conventions: there hasn't been a consistent naming convention since the first generation. Why does it matter that it's letters instead of colors, or precious metals, or gemstones?

While we're on it, let's not dump on the character designs just yet and pretend that Gen I designs were perfect; Red and Blue introduced no fewer than three pokemon who were formless blobs of purple goo, two separate evolution lines that involved simply gluing another two of the same pokemon on, and a pokemon that consisted of a 1950's racial stereotype of a black woman(Jynx).

While I would always enjoy seeing more Eeveelutions, I would also like to see other pokemon that used the Moss Rock or Ice Rock to evolve.

If the rumors are true, Pokemon X/Y will be bringing about a Dragon-Type Eeveelution. :3

SinXAzgard21

The game is on worldwide release... So unless Nintendo releases anything don't believe it.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Caeli

Quote from: Sweet Cherry Pie on January 19, 2013, 09:38:31 PM
Thanks, Uprising! I looked them up and you're right - Reshiram looks cuter to me. Zekrom looks like a big, tough bad ass, and that's cool, but I like the pretty one, heh. ^^

If you continue playing with Pokemon B/W 2, then the legendary Pokemon actually get swapped, and you'll be able to get the one not available to you.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ariel

B/W 2 are soooo much better than B/W 1. There's a lot for Legendaries to catch and a few more towns! ;D I just caught Registeel and Regirock. Now all I need is that other Regi from White 2 and I can get Regigi… whatever its name is. Dx Too many Regi's to remember.
Not accepting new RPs