News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Epic Pathfinder experiment

Started by Chloe Milev, September 27, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Also demonic sorcery has thing to able conjure pair of claws which increase in level and also get +6 bonus to Str (and get powers which boost physical combat, so altough succubus is seducer you can make quite frigthening melee combat machine from demonic sorceress who also is decent summoner).

Zaer Darkwail

If wondering what I mean check this Pathfinder version of sorceress;

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/basic-classes/sorcerer

Check bloodlines and with succubus it would be demonic automatically.

ulthakptah

Kate I know of a PrC that you might be interested in. Thrall of Malcanthet it's in Dragon Magazine #353. you should check it out

Chloe Milev

Yeah, since we're so high level, I think I can be pretty generous about treasure without it affecting too much.  I can toss in things I know would be useful, or just make interesting things that you wouldn't really buy yourself, but if you find it on someone, cool.

If your succubus is oddly not-evil, you could be a Malconvoker, summoning fiendish creatures even better.  Although you'd lose another caster level to that, and being limited to level 6 spells might make summoned creatures less effective.  Maybe illusions and party buffs are the way to go.  Things that don't depend so heavily on having the highest level spell.  I'll take a look and see what would be helpful.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

CirclMastr

As far as the party makeup goes, I'm not concerned with the mixed alignment so much as I am with the size.  Eight players is quite a lot to keep interested and busy while still focused on one adventure.  If Zaer is co-GMing, I'd suggest splitting into two groups with parallel adventures; one group run by Chloe (with Zaer's PC so he can play) and the other run by Zaer.  As long as the two of you stay fairly coordinated, the groups can have their own side tracks but still end up in the same spot for the big epic moments.  Hell, if the divide is by alignment, it could be quite amusing to have each group foiling the plans of the other as they stumble their way toward a common goal.

Regarding magic items, the Tome of Secrets (published by Adamant Entertainment, rather than Paizo) has a random magical item generator called One Million Magic Items.  They end up with appropriately epic names, and can range from very powerful to very cursed to very silly.  Peppering some of those among the loot could be interesting.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Kate

i stumbled upon "dmless" gaming - is that when the computer puts you in a situation randomly ? would be interesting to have that appear occasionally so the dm's themselves are pleasantly suprised - may aid inspiration.

It may be best to split via alignment or there would just be posts of us feuding or having issues (humourous initially but i may dominate everything quickly also)

Kate

omg i could be the best party buff character if i play a "weaver" prestigue sorceress.
with super char bonuses .... look what she could do for the party...

http://grandwiki.wikidot.com/qsor2

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Chloe Milev on October 03, 2010, 09:03:04 AM
So it's looking like using CR as total level can work, depending on the monster.  I think Balors and Pit Fiends are a little out of this, since at CR 20, they haven't had enough room for their special abilities to mellow out like a minotaur or even succubus.  Lesser demons/devils would probably work better.

Well, it's something I've always wanted to do, but I can't really argue that they aren't kind of crazy.  I'm not sure that one can say for they're more powerful than the L20 Human Wizard I'm building already, strictly speaking.  I mean, access to a bunch of Level 9 spells can make up for a lot...but they aren't really "balanced" as a PC race, even if they don't hit the raw power a PC can in one area or another.  Anyway.  I'd like to do it, and it would make chargen easier, but I totally understand why a sane and unbiased GM would disallow it.

I think that's a fair ruling on item creation, btw. 

As for character concept:  I'll probably take a couple mind-control type spells, just because they're really good and wizards get tons of spells.  But his focus will likely be more on putting heinous curses and so forth on people in order to dominate and control them.  Could Bestow Curse gender-switch someone with no stat adjustments or other mechanical effects?  I'm pretty sure Polymorph Any Object could.  I'd really like to summon and bind an angel for sexual purposes.  Etc. Etc.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

ulthakptah

Quote from: ulthakptah on October 03, 2010, 10:00:38 AM
Kate I know of a PrC that you might be interested in. Thrall of Malcanthet it's in Dragon Magazine #353. you should check it out
I feel like I could have pushed this PrC a little better. It gives 7/10 lvls of spell-casting, 3d6 sneak attack, CHA to AC, +8 competence bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, +2 profane bonus to Language based spell DCs, +4 to CHA, Reflects Enchantments, and Succubus Form 1/1 day, full rnd, dur 1 Hour +2 str, dex, con, +6 int, +4 wis, +16 cha +9 Natural armor, fly 50ft avg., DR 10/cold iron/good, Darkvision 60ft Immune electricity&poision, 10 Resistance to cold, acid, and fire. Spell Resistance 18, Draining kiss at will

Chloe Milev

Well, speaking of weavers, I'm reminded of the War Weaver prestige class from Heroes of Battle.  You'd lose one level of spellcasting, but still have 6th level spells.  And you could share up to one 5th level spell with everyone in the party.  So you cast displacement, but everyone is affected.  You could even cast and store 4 buffing spells to be instantly released later on when needed:  at the beginning of a fight, you suddenly activate the Bull's Strength, Displacement, False Life, and Invisibility spells you had cast earlier, or something.

That thrall class is very interesting as well.  You could meet the skill requirements with your succubus HD, and just take 3 levels of sorcerer, and 10 in Thrall.  Though you'd only have a caster level of 10 and 5th level spells.  And I don't think the succubus transformation would work, since you're already a succubus.  Otherwise you'd be like a succubus sitting on the shoulders of another.    "Mecha-Shiva!  Mecha-Shiva!"
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

Is not thrall a psionic class? Anyways another idea is that you could take 10 levels as 'insidious corruptor' from Drows of Underdark book. You qualify into it as succubus because your spell-alike abilities help you into it. Also if PrC had CL reg besides specific spell then you could take practiced spellcaster feat get all CL needed enter the PrC with just single level as sorceress (and have full CL PrC which specializes manipulate and fuck people up, and it can be beneficial for you 'mind fuck' your own party as your manipulation gives stat bonuses when indicated invidual performs actions based on 'your guidance').

Chloe Milev

Sorry, I was just abbreviating "Thrall of Malcanthet," not the Thrallherd or whatever class.

Insidious Corrupter is interesting.  You have the Claws of Influence at-will, which is nice, against 4 targets at a time, getting +10 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive; give them +/- 10 Perception for a minute; Detect Thoughts and Confuse without a second save; you can give allies an extra action, or force enemies to use theirs; Dominate Monster; or end the effect with a swift compulsion with +Cha DC!  And at 10th level, even use the originating effect, Claws of Influence, as a swift action as well.  Your spellcasting would be limited to CL 8, or 4th level spells, but those are just supplemental to your class abilities.  Even though they're lower-level, your compulsions would have a really high DC.

So I guess you can go full Sorcerer for class abilities; War Weaver for party buffing; Thrall of Malcanthet for sneak attack +3d6, Cha +4, deflection AC of Cha (up to 10), Detect Thoughts, reflect enchantment spells, +8 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate; Insidious Corrupter for the Claws of Influence; or something else entirely.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, also I would not mind insidious corruptor altough it kinda steps on my field. It kinda makes sense evil team or forces hire top seducers (or mind manipulation magic users) to gather material and data for scavenged from varied sexual encounters. My char focus entirely pure power being 20th level infernal sorcerer (access higher spells and also change them through using wish if we need some specialized spell list for operation, just need 5K XP to pull it off).

Kate

All this game me an idea.

I was thinking of some strange succubus that doesnt have all a succubus abilities - but doesnt need as many levels to be one.

I will post her tomorrow, and would love to see others suggestions on what needs to change to make her balanced.

I hope you will adore her... she will look like this... (pity this doesnt have bat wings - but hopefullyu can imagine her with them).. she will be really weak (not a hot fighter - no claw stuff etc)

Zaer Darkwail

A blind succubus? Succubus cleric which is oracle could be interesting approach ('I seduce with knowlegde I know than with my body').

Kate

i was thinking that she would be a shit figter worse thana normal sorcerer

she is infernal and "sees" like a bad does with sound.

Her horns are not for fighting but are her "sonar ears" - she isnt blind her eyes are hyper light sensitive so she effectively is blind - not helpful at night really as a sudden flare of any fire can effectively hurt her and dazzle her to ages.

Her "sonar ears" are very sensitive flcking tem hurts them, them touching anything hurtsthem. - her normal ears are sensible also - which she partially wrapps for that reason.

She strumbs her harp and as long as its not too windy the echos she uses for sonar (she can't click-chirp to create hte right sounds -0 so she is reliant on her harp). Because she is pretty fragile -and shouting and loud noices disorientate her - she talks in a very windy breathy way ... and avoids loud sounds.

She is very thin and hovers constantly - doesnt really stop flying - she is very light (takes fk all punihmentbefore things are super serious)
She has super high charisma (like the same bonus but not for seduction of herself.

Zaer Darkwail

Then....why play succubus? Just for sake high charisma? You could play celestial race with high charisma.

Kate

i want a ridiculus charisma.

... and to be evil :)

Celestials are "good" .. i dont wanna be good )

Callie Del Noire

Beginning to think my NG/CG alchemist won't fit in.

CirclMastr

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 11:43:00 AM
Beginning to think my NG/CG alchemist won't fit in.
Likewise for my fighter.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Kate

there will be two groups i think "goodies and badies"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: CirclMastr on October 04, 2010, 11:55:13 AM
Likewise for my fighter.

Seems we're the only ones involved in the game that went for non-evil, so I'll just stop work on my character and sadly bow out.

Kate

hmm that pic of her looks so celestial ... she does come over as good.

aghh tough choice

Ironwolf85

I think I'll combine a bunch of ideas, and create a minotaur gladiator, with levels of paladin... could be a good time
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Hunter

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 11:57:32 AM
Seems we're the only ones involved in the game that went for non-evil, so I'll just stop work on my character and sadly bow out.

That tends to be the reason that I don't really bother anymore.  Everyone wants to be evil and I prefer neutral/good aligned characters.