(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Quote from: Aiden on August 23, 2011, 07:51:13 PM
I'm debating making this for myself...I really want to turn into a dragon!

Does it actually count as a mount? (For your achievements, I mean.)
Not looked into due to my main having enchanting/ tailoring. My alchemy alt would have to level archaeology from.. ehm.. 0 >.> <.<

Aiden

I have not even started archaeology, but I want to. I have this new kick to chase achievements after talking down about them for so long. Fuck these nerd points!

Saerrael

I might loose what sanity I have left if I have to level it again *mumbles something bout those EFFING night elf digsites..*

Same.. I recently got over 9k achievement points. Never bothered with them before. I wonder what's up. More people seem to be farming them o.o

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Anjasa

I tried really, really hard to get the vial of sands.

If you have amazing luck, you're looking at probably 12-18 hours :|

I never did get it, even though I got 2 canopic jars.

Chris Brady

Zin'Rohk, so disappointed.  I don't think I'll ever get it again (had the original and RP'ed with it.)  Maybe with the new patch (4.3) I'll reskin one of my swords with it...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 24, 2011, 10:34:45 PM
Zin'Rohk, so disappointed.  I don't think I'll ever get it again (had the original and RP'ed with it.)  Maybe with the new patch (4.3) I'll reskin one of my swords with it...

I already got a few grouses on that new changes coming. All the stuff I'd LIKE to use.. long gone or never got. Then there are the things that are no longer in the game (I want to put my rogue in something simple like Blackened Defias Leathers..which don't exist anymore) AND you have to stay in the same category.. so no Burning Gem diadem for my pali because the item I want to do it on is a mail item, and no 'eyepatch' for my hunter (eye patches are leather items so far..been looking)

Saerrael

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 24, 2011, 10:55:35 PM
I already got a few grouses on that new changes coming. All the stuff I'd LIKE to use.. long gone or never got. Then there are the things that are no longer in the game (I want to put my rogue in something simple like Blackened Defias Leathers..which don't exist anymore) AND you have to stay in the same category.. so no Burning Gem diadem for my pali because the item I want to do it on is a mail item, and no 'eyepatch' for my hunter (eye patches are leather items so far..been looking)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=31547/malefactors-eyepatch

Apparently the only mail eyepatch in the game. Not read the comments, sorry.

Callie Del Noire

Saerrael

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Saerra on August 24, 2011, 11:05:44 PM
Ah blast. Sorry :s

Not your fault. I suffered from the same problem as everyone else who is an 85. There is only so much space one has. Like the Blackened Defias alternatives.. you can get a similar chest.. BUT they are all low level quests long ago done. :(

Shjade

When I read that change was incoming on the Escapist I found myself glad I'd pre-emptively removed the temptation it would create. I already sold the majority of my RP gear and stuff when I quit the game, so I'd have nothing to reskin if I went back, meaning the change does nothing to me. Hooray no temptation to return to the game~
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aiden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 24, 2011, 10:55:35 PM

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71018#.

Callie Del Noire

Chris Brady

Blizz has said in an interview that they're looking into bringing back the older armor in some fashion.  For my Rogue, I want the assassination set, and Deathmantle, the tier five, back in Burning Crusade, the last time they had roguish armor.

And I admit to an inordinate fondness for the tier four Warrior, Warbringer.

Is it just me or is the odd number armor sets for the Warrior, or just melee in general, look dorky, but the even numbered ones look decent to cool?

Also, I still have the DK starter items, the greens and the blues, which are still the coolest looking armours.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aiden

Most of the armor sets look kinda lame. Windwalker for rogues looks STUPID.

I am in the process of collecting my Death Mantle, that was the best rogue set ever...before that it was Bloodfang.

AllieCat

So, before the power went out at our house due to the Hurricane (forcing me and my fiancee to visit family for a day or so), I did something I thought was going to be very stupid. Spent 12K for a new weapon, (the L359 purple blacksmith).. but then I started doing Cataclysm heroics I couldn't before.. and I think I've completed five heroics that I've never before :)

Chris Brady

Yeah a good weapon will do wonders for you.  Unless you're a Tank then armor and a weapon near the top end are wonderful.

Saerrael

Quote from: Aiden on August 29, 2011, 12:58:40 PM

Most of the armor sets look kinda lame. Windwalker for rogues looks STUPID.

I am in the process of collecting my Death Mantle, that was the best rogue set ever...before that it was Bloodfang.

Priest T5 is drool worthy, though.

Aiden

I agree, I did pick up the t6 cloth shoulders for my rogue recently to make my "slayer of Domeil" set for my rogue. White theme/assassin look. I get creative sometimes.

Saerrael

Hmmm... I want the T6, too. But I can't solo BT >.>
At least I think it was BT that dropped the T6 shoulder token...? God, I can't recall v.v

Aiden

It is, I am surprised you are having problems finding groups. The new craze on my server is doing old content, grps are almost always forming to get past tier sets.

Shjade

I seem to recall duoing the first couple of bosses in BT. Had to pull in a 5-man group to do the event with the phantom, though, and beyond that you'd need more bodies just to deal with the raid effects (bloodboil stacks, Requiem nohealzone & interrupts, the wraith fight, etc.).
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on August 30, 2011, 12:19:19 AM
I seem to recall duoing the first couple of bosses in BT. Had to pull in a 5-man group to do the event with the phantom, though, and beyond that you'd need more bodies just to deal with the raid effects (bloodboil stacks, Requiem nohealzone & interrupts, the wraith fight, etc.).

I think you need 15 or so for most of the later ones.. maybe a bit more. Some of the bosses simply aren't doable with the effects. Of course if you get a full 40 man it's wicked evil as folks dash off to kill mobs and the early bosses in smaller groups.

Aiden

Currently you can do BT with five, will take you a little longer but it can be done. You do need a healer for the last half.

The group I run with is normally 6-7 with 1 healer 1 tank and 5-6 dps, one that can off tank if needed and we breeze through the places in under an hour. My cursed vision has not dropped yet!