Flight of the Faeries [NC] - Calling all men~!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 17, 2010, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demik

I kinda meant more of an area of her own I guess "realm" isn't really the right word in this case. It's not apart from the Faerie Realm it's just her own little piece of it that is her home where she can take people to play with. I was thinking like a little woody area. Would that be okay? It can be inside a house if that's more acceptable.

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Anwen

Age: If ever asked the numbers are forever changing though only one pattern stays the same, the numbers always get substantially lower with each telling though it is well known that she has been around for quite a while already.

Race: Faerie

Appearance: Delicate wings that look as if they will break with the slightest breath of wind carry her petite figure aloft with quick flurries of movement. Thin as parchment, elegant swirls of light olive green swirl throughout the encasing pale yellow of her wings, very much like a plant seeking sunlight as they branch every which way. Bright amethyst eyes peer out at the world behind long strands of silver-white hair. Her hair tumbles down in wild and untamed waves, stopping at her waist. When in her true form, streaked tints of violet can be seen, a bare hint of color to her shockingly bright mop of metallic white. A heart-shaped face ends with a sharp chin, high cheekbones and full lips that are usually fixed in one of pouting disappointment or curved in a pleasant smile of malicious intent. Anwen's cool, sharp, and lovely face is marred, or complimented, by the shape of a leaf across one of her cheekbones. Whether it was a birthmark or a tattoo, it was hard to tell.

Her body is as pleasant to the eye as any faerie's, a bountiful bosom just barely covered with a strange material though leaving more than enough of her luminous olive-toned skin showing to catch a glimpse of the curve of her waist and the shapely legs dangling beneath. It seems to be soft and flowing, almost like a silvery brown silk. Yet, just as it looks similar to the bark of winter trees, the material is abnormally strong and resistant to wear and tear. When she moves, the one piece dress flashes a multitude of colors: peat black, moss green, ash gray, sky blue...as well as the more unnatural colors of rosy pink, crystalline ice, and that fantastic hue of majestic purple...though at times the colors seem somewhat random, the general consensus is that it either depends on her mood or more likely her current surroundings that reflect off of the mysterious attire.

Standing at a grand height of four and three quarter inches while in the human world, Anwen has found that her tiny stature can be quite convenient at times though it still seems to be mostly inconvenient. Upon arriving back home, she's much more comfortable with her height of five feet.

Abilities:
A singer of uncanny ability, Anwen has the ability to not only charm but also persuade with her voice. By hitting a certain pitch or using a certain tone, she can easily ask a tree to shed its bark for her, shape a strong rope from a bunch of young vines, or mine gold without lifting a finger. Of course, this pertains to humans as well and many times luring someone into Arcadia seems far too easy. Lately, having grown bored of the simplicity, she has put his ability away to be used when necessary. On the other hand, her songs are enchanting and provoke the innocent listener to weave into the motions of dance. While faeries can stop themselves if so willed, humans will find themselves dancing for eternity unless the song playing within their minds is disturbed.

Like all other faeries, Anwen is extremely in tune with nature. This explains why she can so easily manipulate it with her songs when needed though over the years her familiarity with the silent beings have formed to an almost mutual understanding. Now she can freely mold her surroundings as she sees fit by asking, or commanding, nature to bend to her will. While not quite the same as an artistic faerie who paints the landscape differently, it is somewhat similar in a more demanding and impatient way.

Just as a singer expects others to quiet and listen to her song, so Anwen listens to her surroundings. Many think that nature hasn't a mind of its own, how wrong they are. All of nature is alive, even the twisted and strangely different one of Arcadia, and just as they all breathe and live, so they all think and chatter. The whispers of nature are soft, a low underlying voice that carries beneath the constant hum of the rest of moving life. With enough concentration, she can hear their conversation though she cannot actually converse with them but can instead meet a point of understanding and occasionally get her thoughts across as well.

Personality: Proud and spirited, Anwen can almost be seen as wild. She cares little for others save for those she deems fellow friends, and even then she can be seen as a bit cold and aloof at times. The mischievous streak runs clearly in her though the faeries' malevolent side is quite close to the surface as well. She hates to lose and can be found sulking unhappily and rather ungracefully in some corner of the realm when she comes in second or not at all. To win, to be right, and to have her way are just a few of her favorite things. Blunt and painfully to the point at times, Anwen doesn't see the point behind wasting her precious breath on being tactful unless truly needed. Calm, and sensible, always keeping a cool head can make her more dangerous than a first glance gives away. Not easily scared or frightened, she has a tendency to lie back and analyze the situation first before making a move, but never thinking so long that an opportunity is lost. However, prideful and vain as most other faeries are, to be charmed, complimented, and flattered always mean a few extra bonus points for that specific person. As easily as her temper is 'soothed', the rage seething just beneath the surface, it can just as easily jump back up and hell has no wrath like a faerie (Anwen) scorned.

Biography: Although Anwen has not landed the prized position of singing for the Seelie Court during the annual celebration in a few years already, the fault is not with her voice but with the fact that a constant squabbling with other rival singers had led to more trickery than fair play. Unfortunately, the others have found it to their best advantage to plan together and alone she was quickly ousted due to foul play of one sort or another.

None know too much of Anwen's personal history and she never bothers to divulge any information on it. Previously during the years when she had first started to become known for her talent, she became the envy of the Court as she reigned in the limelight with each passing year. It is not until recently that she has not made an appearance at the Seelie Court for some time. Some hear rumors that she had lost favor with the Queen, others speak of her well known temper and malice being the cause of her absence. Those closest to her know the true story, the struggle and tiny little 'wars' that occurred as tricks of all sorts were pulled on herself and likewise to her aggressors. It was fun for a while, something entertaining to pass the time, until one last, rather ingenious she had to admit, ploy was unfurled and the end result was the loss of her regular position. And god was she pissed.

Till today, she's still biding her time to exact revenge...after all, the perfect plan can only be executed once and patience was needed for it to happen. Until then, what else was there to do besides frolic and giggle and play the part of an everyday faerie, insanely carefree to a fault and happily wiling away her days? Of course, even that endless string of enjoyments would grow stale and lately she had been entertaining ideas of entering the human world once again to see what fun could be found there.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Demik on March 20, 2010, 12:53:34 AM
I kinda meant more of an area of her own I guess "realm" isn't really the right word in this case. It's not apart from the Faerie Realm it's just her own little piece of it that is her home where she can take people to play with. I was thinking like a little woody area. Would that be okay? It can be inside a house if that's more acceptable.

Woods?  Inside a house?! :o

Actually, that's not a bad fit for some crazy, random faerie world...

Esoteric Myobi

A house is fine, I just wanted to specify so there weren't any misunderstandings.

Also Kitsune, your profile looks great. Very, very Lara Crofty...they're like twins! In a scary close resemblance sort of way. x3

And...finally got my own freaking faerie up -.- I don't think I'm going to be making a profile for the Queen and bum, those can just be described in game since they're NPCs..

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Sasha

Name: Twilena
Race: Faerie

Occupation: Self Proclaimed Inventor in Training or Explorer Extraordinaire .......Twilena not been given any formal job but tends to drift off from her studies exploring and tinkering with things. So it depends upon the day and her mood as to what she might claim to be.

Personality: Most would consider the girl a prankster but what good hearted faerie isn't I ask. She is not really mean spirited ..however that can flair up from time to time if she thinks another has been tampering with her stuff. The girl is a collector of precious things , gizmos, gadgets ..tinkering with this and that ..very inquisitive. Asking questions even maybe when one shouldn't ask questions and then if the answer is not up to her minds approval . Well then experiment mode kicks in. She has rather just gotten in touch with her sensual sexuality and as with everything else in her life it is something to experiment with. This is a moody little faerie ...most of the time happy but when a series of things all go wrong which they do from time to time ...well she has little temper tantrums and or attempts to punish others for it. Most of the time her nature gets her into trouble so she keeps to herself but that becomes lonely so she seeks out the others to just see what they are up to as her curiosity gets the best of her often. She hoards and hides things away for safe keeping.

Abilities:

Twilena is still learning what all she can do ...and some things don't always work right. She can lift objects up with her mind and have them come to her but not always does she stay concentrated so they end up falling to the ground or moving about not quite in the manner in which she wanted. Which has gotten her in a bit of trouble in the past. Though she is practicing on getting better at this, hoping to one day master the gift .

She has an uncanny ability to take things apart as the curiosity to figure out how they work amazes her ...oh she can spend hours studying something , dissecting it and solving various puzzles. Though putting them back together sometimes finds there are extra pieces that were obviously not needed. Or sometimes they were needed and she has to take the thing back apart to figure it out. So gizmos, gadgets and things from the human world all hold a fascination for her ...its the collecting and bringing them back that is the difficult part .The girl then attempts to modify the thing make it better ...incorporate it into something else. Sometimes these little experiments work and other times well ...you guessed it they get her into trouble.  Refusing to believe this is not a worthy hobby the girl collects all kinds of stuff and things and hides them all over in special safe keep places. Moving them about from time to time because surely someone will want her great treasures and take them from her becoming rather a hoarder of these priceless things.

The girl does spend quite a bit of time alone and chitter chatters to everything ...every once in awhile she finds that they talk back to her. Which always seems a great surprise to Twilena and she usually thinks someone is tricking her. The Faerie does have limited ability to talk to animals and understand their speech as well but this rather comes and goes needing much more practice before she can fully claim the ability.

The girl has learned how to play a Harmonica ...though no great expert at it ..never going to be a great musician it is just for her own amusement and works to cure the boredom at the end of the day.

Biography: Twilena can't really remember much about her past as something terrible happened to her mother ..and she has just blocked it all out. Every once in awhile something comes up to remind her about the woman and this brings her both great joy and sadness at the same time. She just rather wondered about till she found this little paradise and the Queen was most gracious and took her into the community. Twilena was on her best behavior that day anyways. Though since then surely the young faerie has on more than one occasion gotten a scolding for a prank gone bad or some mishap that the girl was involved in. Promising to be on her best behavior from this point out and ending up grounded with privileges taken away. However, Twilena does not wish to talk on such things as you know no one is perfect especially a young faerie .

Crovonovin

Mmmm~

Lorelei sounds like a very tough cookie...  I think Lux is going to have a difficult time keeping his hand out of the jar, so to speak!

Lady Kitsune

Will have to keep a wary eye out for Lux.  *puts on a pair of dark shades and pulls out her 1911's*  Bring it!
I am working on it, I swear!

Crovonovin

I'm sure he'll be all too happy to oblige her the dance!  A Faerie as hold as he must have a plethora of tantalizing secrets for a treasure hunter like her...

Lady Kitsune

Ha!  Unlocking secrets is my forte.  You can't hides them from me.

*Uses her flashlight to bring them to light*
I am working on it, I swear!

Crovonovin

Rockin

so, do humans under the faeries' hands get some special coverage or insurance? :p

do we also get discounts? :3

Crovonovin

I suppose it depends on whose clutches you fall into!  Dealing with Lux will certainly require a certain sort of...strength and vigor, so to speak.

Nim

Good afternoon my fellow Faerie Friends!!!!  Oh and welcome to all of our human toys... hehehe

WerewolfofLondon

Quote from: Nim on March 20, 2010, 05:32:09 PM
Good afternoon my fellow Faerie Friends!!!!  Oh and welcome to all of our human toys... hehehe

heeeeey! I resent the term Toy! I prefer Unknowing Victim thank you very much!  :P

Nim

Bows deeply... *not an easy task for a wolf mind you*  "I beg your pardon mi lady and stand corrected."  Takes a memo to remember a certain human.... hehe

WerewolfofLondon

Quote from: Nim on March 20, 2010, 06:24:24 PM
Bows deeply... *not an easy task for a wolf mind you*  "I beg your pardon mi lady and stand corrected."  Takes a memo to remember a certain human.... hehe

Meep!

*inches slowly away*

Note to self.. do not draw the attention of the fae folk!

Nim

"Aw but why not... not all of us bite... well not to hard... Hehehehhehehe"

WerewolfofLondon

Oh.... well, so long as you're being honest and all....c'mere puppy!

Nim

*Turns head and perks up ears...*  ~Puppy!?!?~  Adds another memo with the other.  Pads over and sits at the humans feet.

Esoteric Myobi

And our OOC thread has been made! Everyone please make your way over there.

I decided to place our game in Exotic since it seems that not all of us faeries are strictly 'human'. What with a wolf and a giant worm around..but yea..just to be safe. =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

rick957

Posted this to the OOC thread but in case anybody isn't reading it yet ...

So I still don't have my profile done yet, but I'm determined to get into this game, albeit somewhat belatedly.  I'll be some kind of human, although I may try that whole faerie thing sometime down the line.

So nice to see familiar faces from other games, plus some I've always wanted to play with, as well as interesting new people to molest meet.

My profile is on its way, won't be too terribly much longer.  I hope some of you others who expressed interest are still planning to join, I was looking forward to playing with several of you.  :)

Esoteric Myobi

-wonders briefly who exactly rick has on his list to personally molest meet-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

rick957

*crosses out first name and pencils in M-Y-O-B-I at the top*

Esoteric Myobi

-thinks she has to agree with Shihong's assessment and watches as Anwen flutters her wings and flies away rather haughtily muttering about finding some form of amusement in the park-

Huh, I think someone's looking forward to snagging meeting a few humans.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~