Stormwyrm's RP Ideas (M for F)

Started by stormwyrm, November 01, 2012, 05:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwyrm

Well, I suppose this is as good a time as any to start this kind of thread, as well, this is one of the things I came here to do. I have a few ideas for some RPs, some original some based on some fandom. I'll be updating this thread from time to time as I get new ideas, so please feel free to PM if you'd like to try them out with me.

Original Story Ideas

The Hunted Mistress

The female protagonist is a former maîtresse-en-titre of Louis XIV, who has fled France because she was implicated in treason (perhaps the fictionalized assassination of Cardinal Mazarin or some other high-ranking official), and has fled to the New World. The male protagonist is a Jesuit priest who has been excommunicated for sleeping with the wrong woman (yes, I draw upon Aramis for inspiration here), and he has been given orders by the Pope to bring the former royal mistress back to France to face justice, as part of the condition for rescinding his excommunication. I envision this as sort of a swashbuckling adventure story in the tradition of Dumas' d'Artagnan Romances, although with steamier sex scenes than Dumas would have been comfortable publishing. ;)

The War of the Magicians

This is a World War II fantasy fiction, which draws upon conspiracy theories of Nazi occultism for inspiration. The dramatis personae are either members of a secret society of hermeticists (e.g. the Golden Dawn) or an individual witch or small coven of such, who do battle with similar sorcerers who are the true power behind the Third Reich, and are orchestrating the war and the Holocaust to further their programme of world domination. There are many possible ways this could be done. One of the protagonists could be a spy in Nazi Germany who finds out that the Thule Society has found a way to penetrate the magical shield that has thus far prevented the Nazis from invading Britain, and they get to work developing countermeasures or ways to disrupt the ritual that will do this. They could also be in search of another artefact of great power to counter the Spear of Longinus that Hitler possesses, perhaps the Grail or the Ark of the Covenant, or something similar. There could be infighting among the sorcerers and witches of Britain preventing them from making an effective resistance against the Nazis' occult powers. This will require a lot of further brainstorming.

Another idea I just came up with was the assassination of a major Nazi leader, e.g. Reinhard Heydrich. Perhaps he could be a black magician of high rank and Operation Anthropoid would only be successful if the magical protection surrounding him were somehow disrupted.

I've already got one story going in this vein but I'm open to more ideas.

Making Out in Japan

With all the rather serious story-driven ideas I've got here so far, I think I'd like a much more sexually driven RP might be in order as well. Summer Comiket at Tokyo Big Sight. They've come cosplaying as both the male and female lead in their favourite anime (I see this as being Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online at the moment, but I'm open to other suggestions), and immediately hit it off. They run around Tokyo trying out all sorts of kinks, cosplay is only the beginning, there'd be sex on crowded trains, sex on the streets of Akihabara, impersonating students in a school and having sex there, making out on the onsen... basically these two run around Japan trying every kink in the anime and hentai playbook and then some. Our dirty pair could be Japanese or gaijin just on a holiday, or any combination thereof.

The Secretary

Our male protagonist is the co-founder of an Internet startup company that is just about to make it big. Think Google in 2004 just before they went public. He's a young guy who dropped out of college with his best friend to pursue his dream, and after four years of living on ramen and making other sacrifices to keep the company afloat during difficult times, he's about to hit it big, and now he's important enough to hire a secretary. She's a little bit younger than him, but a bit more street smart than him, and he basically entrusts the working of his life and much of his business into her hands. I'll be in the role of our startup founder, and well, I promise that he's not going to harass her for an early sexual encounter. Things should develop naturally between them. She has to help him keep his sanity on the road to becoming a startup billionaire.

Silence in Heaven

This I imagine to be a post-apocalyptic story, one which does not include zombies. The nuclear powers have unleashed their weapons unto the world for reasons that are unknown to any of the ordinary folks who survived the devastation. Every major city in the world has been destroyed by nuclear weapons. Our characters of course will be two of the survivors, trying to find a safe haven in a world burned to ashes where the heavens are silent. A number of possibilities for characters and scenarios arise here.

One possibility is we have a tough special forces soldier who was part of a team given a secret mission by the remnant of the government that is related to the awful truth behind the war. His team has been annihilated and he is the only survivor, and he is trying to find the resources to complete his mission before an even worse fate befalls what's left of humanity. He runs across a woman who becomes his companion in his journey across the radioactive wasteland. That woman would be your character, and I'll leave plenty of latitude for you to make up her background, but she must be compelling enough that my character would want to keep her around as he tries to complete his mission.

Many more stories are possible in this milieu, I'm open to ideas, just as with the War of the Magicians above. I've also got a story going in this vein but as before I'm open to trying more stories too.

Magic Arts Online

This is a bit of a take off from Sword Art Online and the Lawnmower Man. In the near future, full immersion virtual reality technology has become mature, and virtual reality massively multiplayer online games (VRMMOs) have become quite popular all over the world. A startup company (named Dweomercraeft) has entered the nearly saturated VRMMO market with an interesting game they call Magic Arts Online, which as the name indicates features an intriguing and unique magic system. It becomes quite popular and gains a few hundred thousand avid players from all around the world.

What no one seems to have yet realised is that the founders of the Dweomercraft company are in fact serious occult practitioners and have designed their game’s magic system to reflect real magical systems used by actual magicians throughout the ages, and given how the virtual reality technology is able to tap into the secret recesses of the human mind, they have designed the game to actually initiate and awaken people to their latent magical abilities. What used to be done by complex rituals and secret herbal formulae they do by the direct stimulation of the relevant parts of the brain, taking most of the guesswork out of the process. This only works for a very small fraction of all the players, perhaps a thousand people worldwide have been so awakened, though at first none of them realise this.

Our characters will be two players with the highest discovered magical potentials, who suddenly realise by accident that they also have magical abilities in the real world. Perhaps they meet at a major convention organised by Dweomercraeft, which has various factions, some of which have sinister agendas.

The Sceptics File

After rereading Carl Sagan’s The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark I came across an interesting idea:
QuoteMuch closer to reality, as well as a much greater public service, would be an adult series (’Scooby Doo’ does it for children) in which paranormal claims are systematically investigated and every case is found to be explicable in prosaic terms. The dramatic tension would be in uncovering how misapprehension and hoax could generate apparently genuine paranormal phenomena. Perhaps one of the investigators would always be disappointed, hoping that next time an unambiguously paranormal case will survive sceptical scrutiny.

Basically it’s sort of like the X-Files, but where no case actually involves any true supernatural phenomena. A number of possible ways to approach this, and very much open to discussion.

Fandom Stories

The Last Queen

This is a Tolkien fandom story, but not one from Lord of the Rings. It is set in the Second Age, several thousand years before LOTR, on the fabled isle of Númenor, and the main characters are Míriel, queen of Númenor, and Anárion, second son of the Lord of Andunië Elendil, younger brother of Isildur. I basically want to imagine a romance between the queen and Anárion, set against the backdrop of the wicked king Ar-Pharazôn and his diabolical adviser Sauron, and his foolish attempts to wrest the Land of Aman from the Valar. If you need some of the background regarding this, read the Akallabêth from the Silmarillion... Though these are characters from the canon I don't want them to behave as though Tolkien was writing it. I dislike the way he handles female characters and I want Míriel to have more depth, and well, good sex between the two would be essential. XD

The Incarnation of Hatsune Miku

I've talked about this scenario a bit in my introductory thread, and well, a roleplay session involving it may help to flesh out what might happen in the game I'm planning to make (which will be a free game I'd make as a labour of love). In the cyberpunk universe this is set in, Miku Hatsune is an artificial intelligence, a software agent that behaves as a virtual pop singer entertaining millions around the world. Think Rei Toei from William Gibson's Bridge Trilogy. At first she is just a huge program being run by a massive cluster of servers in a Tokyo data centre, but she eventually evolves self-awareness without the knowledge or understanding of her creators, and seeks to find a way to enter the real world. She indirectly hires a group of mercenaries to steal an experimental nanobot assembler device from an industrial laboratory somewhere, and has them bring it to her data centre. Our male protagonist is the hacker of the mercenary team, and it is he that Miku takes a liking to. Once Miku has a body, she of course becomes very curious about everything about it, and naturally that includes sex, and she is pretty much willing to try anything, and woe betide our male protagonist if he fails to satisfy her! And then, of course, in incarnating Miku they have done something that has never before been done, and then they find themselves on the run from mega-corporations, underworld groups, and whatever passes for government in this cyberpunk era as they try to figure out just what Miku really is. Is she just another cyborg, or the beginning of the singularity that will merge man and the machine?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was Code, and the Code was Miku. And Miku was made flesh, and dwelt among us."

Nasuverse Pairings

The Nasuverse is the informal name fans have given to the world invented by Kinoko Nasu, the writer behind the hugely popular Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, and Kara no Kyoukai visual novel/anime franchises.

Shiki Tohno (Tsukihime) x Shiki Ryougi (Kara no Kyoukai). While this is technically a crossover, the fact that they both know one of the Aozaki sisters makes it more clear that they are in the same universe and they could technically meet. Something that should have happened in Carnival Phantasm but didn't.

Shirou Emiya x Ilyasviel von Einzbern. This will have to be a more physically mature Ilya than she appears in Fate/Stay Night, even if she is supposed to be 18 years old at the time of the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Holy Grail War

I've been wanting to do a Holy Grail War RP, but this is kind of difficult to maintain given the number of characters required. Anyhow, here are some ideas I have for original characters here:

Servants

Servant Class: Archer
True Name: Paris of Troy
Noble Phantasms: Achilles' Bane (Elethros Achillaea), instant hit to the ankle. Hydra arrows, dipped in the poison of the hydra. The Golden Apple Kallistei.

Servant Class: Assassin
True Name: Carlos the Jackal
Noble Phantasms: The Old Men of Paris, summons mysterious old men to fight with modern weapons, "Conspiracy Theory" a Mannlicher–Carcano rifle which can shoot apparently impossible shots.

Servant Class: Rider
True Name: Scáthach
Noble Phantasms: Gáe Bulg, essentially the same as Cú Chulainn's from the original FSN, Dún Scáith, Fortress of Shadows, her dark chariot.

Servant Class: Rider
True Name: Aífe, Scáthach's sister
Noble Phantasms:

Servant Class: Caster
True Name: Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin
Noble Phantasms: ???

Servant Class: Caster
True Name: Elvis Aaron Presley
Noble Phantasms: Viva Las Vegas. Creates a reality marble of 1950s Las Vegas filled with Elvis impersonators, who have most of the abilities of the real Elvis.
Other Abilities:

Jailhouse Rock: Imprisons an enemy
Hound Dog: Summons many vicious dogs to attack the enemy
Heartbreak Hotel: May turn a person with unrequited love to Elvis's side.
All Shook Up: Creates an earthquake
Flaming Star: Fireball

Other Anime Pairings

Non-Anime Pairings

Cesare x Lucrezia. This is the sort of incestuous relationship that the enemies of the Borgias liked to spread rumours about. Could follow the TV series more closely or be more historically accurate in treatment.

Original Pairings

A bunch of original pairings with stories I haven't fully fleshed out yet.

Seiryuu x Byakko. The Blue Dragon of the East and the White Tiger of the West are a god and goddess respectively who have been at odds for thousands of years. The bird goddess Suzaku and the turtle god Genbu have been trying to get them to settle their differences.

I'll be adding more ideas as I think them up from time to time. Give me a PM if you want to try any of them, or if you have some similar ideas that you think I might want to try don't hesitate to PM me. Have a look at my Ons and Offs page for information about my ground rules and my willingness to do things.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

stormwyrm

Another batch of updates, added American Princess and the Secretary, a bunch of random pairings that are mostly not fleshed out.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

stormwyrm

A little bit of reorganization, and added the War of the Magicians.
O/OA/A, Requests

stormwyrm

I haven't bumped this in years... Not since the year I first made this.
O/OA/A, Requests