[Interest-Check]Zombieland Based RP[Recruiting 2 Female Characters]

Started by Dark Deception, October 09, 2010, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Welcome to Zombieland

Character Thread

IC Thread

OOC Thread

This land isn’t too different from yours. It’s just a land full of zombies and people who have learned to cope with their new, warped society. We aren’t too sure if we’ll ever see a land without zombies or how long we’ll even survive, but you learn to enjoy the little things.

Rule 32: “Enjoy the little things.”

That’s right, there’s a list of thirty-three rules that if you obey them, they’ll keep you alive. Here they are newbie, memorize them:

1.   Cardio
2.   The Double Tap
3.   Beware of Bathrooms
4.   Wear Seat Belts
5.   No Attachments
6.   The “Skillet”
7.   Travel Light
8.   Get a Kick Ass Partner
9.   With your Bare Hands
10.   Don’t Swing Low
11.   Use Your Foot
12.   Bounty Paper Towels
13.   Shake it Off
14.   Always carry a change of underwear
15.   Bowling Ball
16.   Opportunity Knocks
17.   Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18.   Limber Up
19.   Break it Up
20.   It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21.   Avoid Strip Clubs
22.   When in doubt Know your way out
23.   Zipplock
24.   Use your thumbs
25.   Shoot First
26.   A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27.   Incoming!
28.   Double-Knot your Shoes
29.   The Buddy System
30.   Pack your stain stick
31.   Check the back seat
32.   Enjoy the little things
33.   Swiss army Knife

These rules will keep you alive, and if you become a professional, then you might just make Zombie Kill of the Week. Hope you enjoyed the briefing.

Average Joes and Janes

This game requires that any player who joins make an average joe or jane. Like the movie Zombieland, you didn’t see any police officers or US soldiers. You will be making a plumber, teacher, druggie, whatever you can think of. Past military experience whether from someone in your character’s family or your character was enlisted once in the past, will not be tolerated. So if you can’t live without being a Chris Redfield, then this game isn’t for you. Average joes and janes will carry weapons that he or she can acquire locally, so if you give your character a weapon that looks like it had to be acquired overseas or by postal means, it won’t be allowed.

[b]Name[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] The name of the city your character comes from.
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Height[/b]
[b]Weight[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Virgin[/b] Yes or No.
[b]Cup Size[/b] For females only.
[b]Complexion[/b]
[b]Markings/Tattoos[/b] Scars, tattoos, birth marks...
[b]Accessories[/b] Jewelry
[b]Past Occupation[/b] What was your character before Zombieland?

[b]Appearance[/b] Photo.
[b]Written Appearance[/b] Basic Description.
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Quirks[/b] Psychological disorders, fetishes, anything weird or socially awkward.
[b]Education[/b] Highest level of education.
[b]Talents[/b] What he or she can do, what they like to do, something they're good at, etc.
[b]Current Ambition[/b] What does he or she hope to do/find? You can say just to survive or see people again, etc.

[b]Weapons[/b]
[b]Items[/b] Items can include a travel pack if your character is wearing one. Just don't forget he has one on him in the RP.

Episodes

I broke this game up into episodes. That way, if anyone ever wishes to quit because each episode is short, they can easily do so and then be replaced by someone else who wishes to join. In this way, the game can keep on rolling. I have only allowed eight people to join this game, but depending on how well I can control this game with everyone in it so far, I may be allowing more to join. So, even if it looks like we have eight people, still sign up if you’re interested. People always drop out or go AWOL for random reasons, so you may just get a chance to play.

Zombies

In Zombieland, the undead were like Dawn of the Dead zombies, which means they were quick on their feet. Zombies run the same speed as humans if not faster because of the lack of cardio limitation. They eat people, but apparently, based on what Bill Murray’s character, his character had said that they don’t react to people who look like them. Thus, the zombies in this game are stupid. Because fighting the same kinds of zombies might get old, I will be implementing new zombies to make the game more interesting. Like Left 4 Dead, they may have some grotesque mutations.

Realism & Logic

This game is modern-realistic, which means you need to react to the situations in character as you would IRL. You must also know and play your character to his or her full potential. Just because you might have responded to a situation a certain way IRL, does not mean your character would have. So you need to learn your character’s personality and learn to follow it. Players that break the fourth wall, will make this game end early because I honestly can’t stand to read unrealistic, embellished, god-mode, ridiculous crap. So if your character is going to have sex with someone: 1) the player needs to state whether his/her character is on birth control or not, and 2) the player needs to have his/her character use a condom or some other method of not getting that girl pregnant. If you want to get her pregnant than be my guest.

Current Location

We’ll be starting in Topeka, Kansas. I’m not expecting anyone to know anything about Kansas or Topeka, so whatever you do or assume, it’s allowed. It’s in the Great Plains so there’s going to be a lot of flatland and also some tornados if any happen to occur.

Episode One: Goin’ Shoppin’

Objective: The objective is simple. Your character needs supplies. We’ll be going to Walmart in this RP. Our characters will be meeting each other in this store. You can say your character was already there or RP your character walking there. Just have your character at least in the parking lot and not elsewhere (like in Wichita or across the border).

Players involved in this Episode 6/6:
Rachel Michelle Andrews - Las Vegas (Lady Reign)
Salvacia "Sal" Bartholomew - Vancouver (Karma)
Austin Roderick Darcy - Atlanta (Dark Deception)
Hasn Richtoffen - Berlin (TheGlyphstone)
Michael Wood - Reno (Gravik)
Heather Gray - Niagra Falls (Rachubka)

Rules

1.   Only Average Joes and Janes. Explained above.
2.   Be logical and realistic. Explained above.
3.   200 words minimum. I won’t be counting, but it better look like 200 words. 200 words really isn’t a lot.
4.   No god-moding. No one has infinite stamina, no one is immune to bites or attacks. So if you get punched, your character better feel it and not brush it off like they didn’t feel a thing.
5.   Communication. If you’re going to be busy, then please, post in the OOC if you’re going away for some days. We won’t force you to post or make you feel obligated you need to be here, but if you vanish for three days without a word, we’re going to skip over you.
6.   If you don’t post for three days, then we’ll skip you.
7.   The RP is going to be turn-based only because not everyone posts so much. We all have a life, and if you post once a day, then you got something to anxiously look forward to when you come online again.
8.   Humor, Description, Detail, and Sexiness. If you follow that list, then this game will be excellent.
9.   Use the OOC thread. Do not post OOC in the IC, if you do so, I will tell you to delete it. Use the OOC thread. That is what it’s made for.
10.   Enjoy!

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Lady Reign

Dark, I love you for making this. I heart Zombieland. I'm totally in if you'll have me in another of your games. :D

Polymorph

Dark Deception

I'll be accepting 8 people total. If I need to lessen it to six, I'll do that also. Four Guys and Four Girls.

[b]Name[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] The name of the city your character comes from.
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Height[/b]
[b]Weight[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Virgin[/b] Yes or No.
[b]Cup Size[/b] For females only.
[b]Complexion[/b]
[b]Markings/Tattoos[/b] Scars, tattoos, birth marks...
[b]Accessories[/b] Jewelry
[b]Past Occupation[/b] What was your character before Zombieland?

[b]Appearance[/b] Photo.
[b]Written Appearance[/b] Basic Description.
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Quirks[/b] Psychological disorders, fetishes, anything weird or socially awkward.
[b]Education[/b] Highest level of education.
[b]Talents[/b] What he or she can do, what they like to do, something they're good at, etc.
[b]Current Ambition[/b] What does he or she hope to do/find? You can say just to survive or see people again, etc.

[b]Weapons[/b]
[b]Items[/b] Items can include a travel pack if your character is wearing one. Just don't forget he has one on him in the RP.

If I need to add more to this skeleton then I will eventually. I think that's good for now.

I'll claim a female role, if you don't mind. :) I'll write something up when I get home.

Dark Deception

Name: Salvacia Bartholomew (Sal)
Nickname: Vancouver
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Virgin: Not a chance.
Cup size: 34B
Complexion: Mediterranean
Markings/Tattoos Large scar on her left forearm.
Accessories Ankh necklace, featureless red fabric bracelet.
Past Occupation: Housewife

Written Appearance: Healthy head of wavy brown hair, clear brown eyes, and a strong face gently balancing her Spanish Jew heritage. Her body has always been slender, but fighting the infected has started to harden her muscles and toughen her skin, letting the rest of her body catch up with Sal's hard stare.
Background: A semi-successful track athlete in high school, Sal didn't make the cut for college, but has kept in shape over the years by running. Sal has been a solitary soul most of her life, taking her joy where she could find it, but was never able to be satisfied in any one place for long. Married thrice and divorced twice, Sal lost her last husband to the infection, killing him herself to survive. Armed only with a machete, salvaged riot gear, and a SIG P228R, Sal hacked and slashed her way across California in her husband's suped up Subaru Impreza WRX, looking for nothing and no one in particular.
Personality: Sal is neither happy nor excitable. She is nearly always in a sour mood, brooding on this or that, but despite this she is slow to anger. Her general dissatisfaction with life, the universe, and everything prevents her from being pleased or disappointed with any frequency. Reason and sarcasm prevail for Sal.

Dislikes: Idiots, large groups, zeal, complacency, comfort, becoming sedentary

Quirks: Chewing lower lip, itching the fresh scar that covers most of her left forearm.
Education: College graduate, liberal arts.
Talents: Stamina, agility, sharp eyesight
Limitations: Inexperienced with firearms, poor at making friends, prone to going it alone, vodka, often forgets to eat
Current Ambition: Stay alive, or something.

Weapons: Machete, SIG Sauer P228R
Items: Police riot gear (no shield), two boxes of ammunition, duct tape, clothes, toiletries, snacks but no real foodstuffs, dildo, spare gasoline jugs, flashlight and laser pointer attachment for pistol

Lady Reign

Name - Rachael Michelle Andrews
Nickname - Las Vegas
Age - Twenty
Height - 5"5"
Weight - 138lbs
Gender - Female
Virgin - Yes
Cup Size - 36B
Complexion - Pale Olive
Markings/Tattoos - N/A
Accessories - A few pieces of costume jewelry
Past Occupation - 7/11 Convenience Store Clerk

Appearance

Written Appearance
"Las Vegas" has long brown hair that is most times unkempt because she honestly doesn't care about it as much as some girls do. Her eyes are dark even if she really really wanted her mother's blue eyes instead. Her skin is clear and free of the burden of acne. She keeps herself fit and lean by running every morning though its not like she was doing it to present a nice body to the entire world but just to keep herself healthy. Who knew it would come in handy when mad cow disease made people into zombies.
Rule #1. Cardio.

Personality
The girl is quite the free spirit and is independent. She never allows herself to be held back from what she feels is right or from what she wants. When an opportunity presents itself, "Las Vegas" is quick to take up on the offer. She's never afraid to speak her mind and will sometimes seem quite the smart ass.

Traveling
Soft Drinks
Photographs

Dislikes
Smart asses
The Smell of Bug Spray
Gum Chewers
Slow Runners
Stupid People that End Up Dying Because They are Stupid.

Quirks
She tends to laugh when upset, angry, or in pain.

Education
High School Graduate

Talents
She can put her whole fist inside of her mouth and almost lick her elbow. 
Ah but I am sure you wanted to know what kind of survival skills she has.
Let's see...

Running
Good Pitching Arm
Great Poker Face
Did I mention Running?

Current Ambition
Her ambition right now is to stay the fuck alive.

Weapons
Metal Baseball Bat

Items
Baseball Bat, Duh
Bottles of Water
Deodorant
Sunglasses
Backpack
A Single Change of Clothes
Another pair of Tennis Shoes
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Some Small Non-Perishable Food Items

TheGlyphstone

Zombieland? Totally in, since we don't seem to have any male characters yet. I'll have to think of something suitably entertaining to play though.

Polymorph

Name Michelle Wiseman
Nickname Santa Barbara
Age 17
Height 5'6"
Weight 110lb
Gender Female
Virgin Yes
Cup Size 34C
Complexion Pale
Markings/Tattoos None
Accessories None
Past Occupation Student
Appearance
Written Appearance Slim girl with long brown hair and brown eyes
Personality Quiet, introverted and deluded
Likes Computer games, the internet, action/horror films, mountain biking, pizza
Dislikes Being reminded that this is real life
Quirks Seems to be delusional and keeps referring to the zombie holocaust as though it was a computer game or movie and to herself and other survivors as a characters.
Education High school
Talents Extremely good reflexes and quick at making tactical decisions from years of computer gaming.
Current Ambition Due to her delusion she believes if she kills enough zombies she will level up, ultimately to complete the game once she can figure out what the games objective is.
WeaponsItems Holdall with energy drinks and chocolate bars. Flashlight, binoculers, small crowbar.

Way to show me up, you guys. :P Now that I'm actually home, I can add more to it. I can only type on my phone for so long. xD

Lady Reign

Lmao. You guys seem to be taking this a little too seriously. I mean c'mon did you see that much weaponry used in Zombieland? Ya'll have some heat packin' on such young characters. Where would they get all of it from and how would they know the intricacies of the weaponry like breaking it down to clean it so it doesn't jam, what calibre of round to use, etc? I don't think they would. This RP is about having fun and more so being a comedy, not one which your character needs a small armory when you first make them. o_o;. I mean if you do that, then we can't like go raid a pawn shop later in the story because there would be no reason. I personally like the idea of pawn shop raids, and grocery store raids. I'd hate for that element to be automatically taken away from the beginning.

"Y'all" not including me, right? It's pretty reasonable, for what is at least several weeks into the infection, to have gotten gear from a police station. >_> The P228 is standard Army issue, making it not very uncommon also. :P Besides, I never intended on making her very good with it!

TheGlyphstone

Well - of the three girls, only one is seriously packing heat. The other two have a baseball bat and a machete. I think I'm going to make a foreign-exchange student who was here on a visit when the zombpocalypse hit. Working on him now.

Updated my bio, taking cues from Reign. ^_^

Lady Reign

LOL I laughed so hard when I read she had a dildo.

Dark Deception

Okay, so far we got 3/4 Girls and 1/4 guys lol  ::)

Dark Deception

As usual, I'm more than likely not going to have any pics with my profile because there are no decent male pics in this world. I want everyone's nickname to be the name of the city your character comes from. So please be sure to change that information before we begin.

TheGlyphstone

2/4 guys, thanka verra much!

Name Hans Richtoffen

Nickname Berlin

Age 22

Height 6’8”

Weight 215 lbs.

Gender Male

Virgin No.

Complexion Pale, freckled

Markings/Tattoos A small golden star and cross at the base of his neck.

Accessories Silver crucifix necklace

Past Occupation Medical student

Appearance

(No ear piercings)

Written Appearance Hans/Berlin looks like he stepped out of a modeling catalogue, or maybe straight off an old WWII German recruiting poster. His thick, straight blond hair frames deep blue eyes in a pale face, clearly of pure Aryan decent. He is not particularly well-muscled, but what muscles he has are lithe and wiry on his towering frame.

Personality
Hans is a very quiet, almost timid person, entirely at odds with his close to seven feet of height. He is intensely religious, and in his mind, the nightmare of Zombieland is a divine punishment for humanity’s buildup of sin and vice. Whether it is a reset button like the flood, or the End Times, he doesn’t know, but he bears his thoughts stoically all the same.

Dislikes
Animals, violent people, zombies

Quirks When embarrassed, Hans tends to stammer. Stacked on top of his accent and mediocre English, he can become almost unintelligible.

Education
High school graduate, 4 years at University of Munich College of Medicine, was finishing education in foreign-exchange program with San Francisco Medical College.

Talents With a masters in human medicine, Hans is a fairly competent ‘field medic’, in the battlefield world that his life seems to have become. He can clean and dress a wound, with scavenged materials if necessary, though his experience is entirely  on-the-job.

Limitations: Hans’ English is passable at best, particularly with his thick accent. He knows a lot about bodies, but not much about people, combining with his language difficulties to make getting along with people strained sometimes.

Current Ambition Considering Zombieland to be either a repetition of the biblical Flood, or Judgement Day itself, Hans merely wants to have the chance to prove himself free of sin and able to ascend into Heaven. If he has to fight through an army of zombies to do it, well, so be it.

Weapons
A repurposed bone saw that he scavenged from the hospital campus.

Items A small suitcase with a few changes of clothes, and a few bottles of asprin, penicillin, and assorted other drugs. Some bandages, a torquinet kit, and packages of dried food. A flashlight and spare batteries, a small collection of well-worn paperback books.

Rachubka

Aaaaaaaah! Me need in! Was working on a character thinking spots wouldn't fill that fast, but they are! F character, if it wasn't that obvious. :D

Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Name
Austin Roderick Darcy
Nickname
Atlanta
Height
6'2"
Weight
171lbs.
Virgin
Yes
Complexion
Olive
Markings/Tattoos
Thin scars he received around the farm either accidently cutting himself or scraping his skin against something sharp.
Accessories
Pewter Cross with chain
Past Occupation
Just an average farm boy

Appearance

Written Appearance
Atlanta looks like your typical southern boy. He has dirty-blond hair and rich, dark-brown eyes. He often tends to seem like he's squinting into the sun, and he'd tell you it's not because he needs glasses. His jaw has light stubble, though if not cared for, can grow into a thick, mountain man beard. He's tall, lean, and working around the farm has kept him fit for dealing with zombies.
Personality
Atlanta tends not to talk much unless he has to. Being born on a farm, he's done nothing but take care of the animals all day, and so he doesn't do too well socially. He has a strong southern accent and tends to enjoy simple things mostly involving nature. There's a presence of security that surrounds Atlanta and looking at his face and how he carries himself, one might think the man wasn't afraid of anything. He would admit that deep down he is afraid, but fear is what makes him courageous. The fact that Atlanta doesn't talk much tends to give off the impression that he isn't smart. His stereotypical southern boy appearance might contribute to that claim, but he's actually very clever. He has a healthy sense of humor and tends to be the kind of guy to cheer a person up. If ever confronted with a situation, where Atlanta may have to fight, he will fight.
BBQ, good food, sweet potato/pumpkin pie, Fanta orange, sweet southern-style tea, liquor, smart women, animals, nature, sleeping and music.
Dislikes
Zombies, annoying people, selfish people, and worry-warts.
Quirks
Slightly paranoid, nightmares, snores, attached to his Winchester 1873, doesn't trust people, independent, and used to being a lone wolf. Lone wolf attitude has made him stubborn. He isn't sensitive, but if anyone asked about his family or what he's been through, he will pretend he never heard the question, avoid the question, get defensive, and just out-right refuse to talk about it.
Education
Home schooled and was pursuing a degree online in veterinary, but never finished. He's not a mechanic but he knows how to identify most problems with a vehicle and how to fix them.
Talents
Sing, play guitar, grill, hunt and prepare animals for eatin', and 'rastlin'.
Current Ambition
Hopes to find normal people he can trust.

Weapons
Winchester 1873 (family heirloom), Remington Model 700 w/ scope, boey knife, and whatever he can find.
Items
Backpack - lighter, underwear, extra pair of shoes, socks, toilet rolls x2, soap bar, wash cloth, jerky, mini first-aid kit, tooth brush, tooth paste, mug, bottled water x 3 four packs of ammunition - two packs per weapon, and a flask of Jack Daniels liquor.

Dark Deception

I just want to add real quick because lately there haven't been a lot of male players signing up, despite the player limitation because I was planning to only accept 8. Just go ahead and post here if you are interested in joining. It let's me know.

Lady Reign