Multi-Venue Exalted Game

Started by ZK, August 06, 2005, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Well, currently I was wondering on a more "point the obvious to me" note for Exalted games which were in fact Multi-Venued.

If none are really such, I wouldn't mind starting one. Keeping it simply (and interesting) I was thinking of a game which consisted Solars, Lunars, Raksha Nobles (Fair Folk) (Creation & Wyld Based), Outcaste Dragon-Blooded and God-Blooded.

With the added notion of Raksha and Lunars, anything is nigh possible from tentacle sex to hermaphrodites to whatever your imagination can fanthom. ^-^

As for the reason I left out a few types of Celestial, The Dynasty and such. Would stage more grotesque conflict then you can shake a stick at. Especially the Abyssals. Afterall, they want death to Creation.

But, as with the venues. I don't want to see stereotypes and such. Play your character as the character sees fit. Just when it comes to concepts, SOME, only a little, still has to be recognizable to what it is. Also...it's definately seen. Sex is the main focus of this. So, yeah. ^-^

Also, as I posted before, if no one has such a venue. Anyone care to join me in my crusade to break from the Solar tandrum?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Ajoxer

Well, I'd certainly be interested, though I had in mind a Solar... A Night Caste based on Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh-Morpork. Heheheh.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

TaurusMagi82

Definatly count me in on this. My character would be a Luna Caste, most likely a changing moon. In keeping with your ideas for this venue, my character will spend a great deal of time in one form/gender (etc) or another, not really bound to any absolutes, and fairly easy to work into any story.

Creeper

I'm also interested. Would the game be more plot-based, or more based on the character's histories and experiences?
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

ZK

The game will be a mixture of plot and character based. So, you'll get experience for roleplaying your character and for becoming involved in the plot. Sex will, of course be included since the types of Celestial, Terrestrial and Other type characters in it. The mixture of course will involve new scenarios on how to actually get past an obstacle. Afterall, killing or sneaking by don't always work. And eh, if you're horny. You're horny. So, yeah. Play -that- all. It's all I really want, people to play their characters to the fullest. Both strengths and weaknesses.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Vice

This definitely sounds interesting. I seldom get the chance to play in an Exalted game...though I will need some help with char gen, as I am lacking rulebooks. But I think I would like to call dibs on either a Twilight caste Solar, or a Dragonblooded...not sure which element yet...

Lamentation

Diddo and diddo, I'd need some help with chargen, but am very interested

Creeper

I've got an idea for a Solar dawn caste who's having issues with his re-incarnated lunar wife... Standard character creation, I assume?

ZK

Well, as it sees fit. Let me get in touch with a moderater so I can set up a chat. But yes, standard creation. Aside for the Fair Folk. I want people to play as Raksha Nobles. So they follow the Raksha Noble character creation.

ZK

I think I might put the game on hold, at the moment or cancel it all together. I appologize for any inconviencence. Which this ruling goes in act until futher notice.

ZK

I'm thinking of reopening the game, but I'll still need to show a count of hands of who would want this game to go.

Iksander

I'll put my vote in for it being a go, it's been a while since I've been involved with a good Exalted game.
I'm Just Some Guy.
Really.

Creeper

TaurusMagi82

Vice

ZK

I hope people do in fact read the first post of this thread. Some people may want to back out since this will in fact allow hermaphrodites in play. Mainly due to certain Spirit Charms and types of characters. But, interaction on a sexual based isn't really required. Since the game will be more then a sex romp. It will have it in it, yes. It will have violence. It will have storyline and such, but not just one extremity of the other. Sexuality and genders tend to be blurred when it involves Exalted. Since it derives off of a Mayan-Greek/Roman- with a hint of Anime sprinkled in for some flavor, lifestyles.

Creeper

Considering that pretty much everybody in the Exalted books are Bisexual (I think there was one homosexual in Aspectbook: Air) I don't think you're goiung to have much trouble.  :)

Valkos

well...looking through this thread... I don't think I ever cast my official vote... Count Me In :)
Hogwarts: Denora Crabin, Ebyn Farmer
Urban Arcana- Yancey Square: Zi, ChangĀ  "Daisy"
Dark Side of the Senshi: Kaiou, Michiru
Elven Maiden vs. Human Barbarian: Unther/Telen'mar

*have AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSNĀ  feel free to say hi

ZK

Okay, it's final. The Multi-Venue Exalted game will in deed be created. Now I simply have to get in contact with someone up top to get the forum board posted. The game will obviously be posted in the NC: Exotic System forum area.

Creeper

Eeexcellent. Will we be using Power combat? Or Merits and Flaws?

ZK

In Combat Situation it'll use Power Combat, Merits and Flaws. I haven't reviewed the Merits and Flaws as of yet as I am still in development stages.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ZK

Yes, but eh, I guess before I start even with such. I will be following Exalted Naming Rules and such. As well the game will take place in the East, North-East and South-East. As well, if you need help in creation on such, I will give such information to the player. For example. People playing Dragon-Blooded they can use Outcaste Dynast creation rules, Lookshy Creation Rules and other Blooded Creation rules. I also will be adding new forms of Charms, Martial Arts and Artifacts which have been playtested by others for purely more sexual order.

Muse

Do you mean to have any player versus player situations, or are we all working together towards a common goal? 

ZK

It really depends upon the character. Generally when a Dynast actually leaves the Dynasty is that they wish to either live on their own or they no longer believe the dogma that the Immaculate Order spews out. I chose the venues carefully and they can work hand in hand. It all depends on the individual character's reactions, honestly. There will be of course dissagreements and also of course fights amongst each other. That is the nature of the Exalted anyway. But the main focus is on story which of course I wish to involve every player in to a certain bit which would time some together and as well, pull some a part.

BUT, if you create a character which is mainly focused on killing another type of venue without discretion and have no real desire to interact with other characters of other venues aside Player vs Player. I will boot you from the game.

As well, not one particular type of Exalted or "other" is concidered the main focus of the story. They will although have their own plot-hooks and events. (I.E questing for a new artifact, Manse and such).

Ajoxer

I might like to play a Raksha Noble. Read the Fair Folk book, quite interested in putting together a not-so-vile Raksha. ^_^
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

ZK

I am allowing you to choose with the local "Raksha" who call themselves "The Seelie Court". Basically a group of Fair Folk who do not feed directly from the innocent (The guilty/bad people and such is another story) and tend to work with the newly Exalted Solars. As well, they also tend to be more "friendly" for mutual protection in Creation with Solars, Dragon-Blooded Outcastes and God Blooded Varients (Includes mainly God/Element/Demon/Fae Blooded). Just the Lunars are the ones edgy. But, that can all change. Afterall. Despite what some say. Some Raksha are just irrestiable. ^-^  Also the concept of me allowing people to play multiple characters will come. But the general rule will be. "One Celestial, One Terrestial, One Other" So a basic 3 characters. Now, I know people will flock to the Fair Folk because "They get leet attributes." But I want people to explore all the venues...and yes. For you horndogs out there. *wink wink* There will be plenty of sex involved.

BUT the only real problem now, is coming up with a name. Anyone care to offer suggestions?

Muse

Hm... 

How about,

Exalted: Ballance of Power

Exalted: Passions of the Imortals 

Exalted: An Alliance of Nessecity

Exalted: A Quest for Unification

Exalted: Marriage of Convenience

Exalted: True Unseelie War

Exalted: The River Province

There, I've stretched my brain a bit. 

By the way, multiple charecters are a rather intresting idea.  I might offer both a No Moon Caste Healer (Swanmay Greensong) and a dawn caste giant (Troubador of the Stars.)  But I'd like to see what folks are playing and see how I can be most useful. 

Creeper

I'm not set in my descision, but I'm probably going for an Twillight-caste book hunter with... marital problems (Damn crazy shapeshifting Full Moon barbarians)

ZK

As there will be different plot-hooks and specific Genre-Only plot-hooks for characters to grab at, I thought it was suitable to allow multiple characters.

As well, those are all nice names. But, I am thinking of something more...vile.

As the main antagonists will be the Abyssals, Balorian Crusade Fair Folk, Non-Silver Pact Lunars, Some other weird beings and the Dynasty will play a minor role. (So Expect to see sexual related beasts up to the Alchemical Scout!)

Ty

ZK

Quote from: Ty on September 06, 2005, 12:28:37 PM
Exalted : The Defense of Flesh?

Heehee. I like that one.

"This is an Exalted game where you must be better in bed then you are with anything else!"

To defeat your foe you must sleep or rape your foe. So it must be a sexual interaction. Heehee. ^-^

Ty

So, no Eunuch Sorcerors? Unless they summon Demons to do the bedding for them. "Forr-Posta, The Bed Demon. Comes in Single, Double, Queen and King sizes"

Or craft a artifact prosthetic. Hmm. I know someone who designed some of those, actually. I might ask his permission to post them here.
All but the most basic one where a bit grim though.

ZK

Ty

Ty

To clarify, the term 'Defense of the Flesh' came to mind due to the fact that the protagnists seem mostly human or pro-human, whilst the antagonists you mentioned (The abyssals and Balorian crusade at least) would really count as rather other. So a matter of what you are defending, not the manner in which you do so.

Again, sorry if it seemed like an insult to the game you are planning to run.

ZK

Abyssals were once "human" and still are. Just with a strong shade of death. As for the Balorian Crusade. They're anything but human. BUT, I am not going to simply shade all the enemies as extras with stereotypes. That's a definate no-no.

Muse

Exalted: Carinval  (Look it up.  ;)  ) 

Creeper

Any idea when the game will be ready?

ZK

When I come up for a name for it. So, sometime soon. ^-^

ZK

Okay. I thought of the name.

Exalted: Lament of Sorrows

Now, I simply need to find someone to contact to get the board up. Any suggestions on who it should be?

Ajoxer

Lilac, I know, is one. I think Pixie, too. And hey, then I should get to work on that Noble Fair Folk...

Aany idea where you're going to set the game, for the most part? And we're thinking more rogue Fair Folk, correct?

ZK

It's a multi-venue game. But as for Fair Folk, Just no Balorian Crusade characters and such. And no one should really start characters until I have the rules set up.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I just post that I am intrested also into the game :). I have idea that my first char would be noble raksasha also, the one wich have combined Warrior/Performer or vice versa. But main concept is that my raksasha gets thrills by challenging powerfull beings (solars and such or powerfull mortals and god blooded) whit illusionary battle and then as either conqueror (dominant) or losted foe (submissive) he then creates a passionated sex scene and whole time tries drain compassion and valor to feed :D. I toughted my fair folk hails from south, so he is not above using seduction to get what he wants XD.

ZK

This is a multi-venued game. Not one focused on the Fair Folk. They of course are going to have it hard just like the Solars. Especially in Creation they really cannot use Shaping Combat. So, they're stepping out of their element. As well, feeding amongst other PCs is frowned upon.

Zaer Darkwail

Then how Fair folk recover essence? Not to mention exchist first place because they cannot exchists in creation whit anysort of wyld energy around them (if we speak of nobles of course) or whitout having alot worshippers around them (and guarding one territory where worshippers lives can bog things down alot). No feeding on PC, ok, but provide some npc wich fair folk chars could feed on ;).

I toughted more simpler way would be that fair folk simply live already in area where the PC's are moving to focus their action? As local 'gods' and such.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, I just recalled fair folk regain essence via feeding but as I recall from reading somewhere that we speak of fair folk who do not feed on innocents. But when we speak about Exalted it is divided directly either that whole village is 'innocent' or it haves alot corrupt inviduals. In first case fair folk would starve (because I recall they losed essence slowly over time) and so calledly stop exchists at all and in later case they likely would suck whole village dry eventually.

Also if some fair folk settles for bandits, then all bandits would run screaming in horror when rumours (eventually) spread about rigthous fair folk in area.

ZK

The Fair Folk which generally are asociated with (positive) Exalted or some with some sense of moral judgement and are curious as to things. Tend to feed on the enemies of the Exalted companion and they learn Banquette of Crumbs to feed on the emotional resonance that the Exalted release. As for those asociated with the Seelie Court are in fact, those Nobles (and their followers) which do not feed directly on the innocent or whatever is deemed "innocent" in the sense of their Exalted comrades. That is of course if they wish to be a part of it and (have more direct role) in the affairs of the other Exalted.

Ajoxer

ZK

Lament of Sorrow is up. Give me a few days to post all the different forum boards and such. Thank you for patience!