Kalston Kamps - Superhero Gang War! [Now considering villains as well as heroes]

Started by Ramael, April 26, 2013, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

GM UPDATE: Considering villainous characters as of now, and even a whole other team if we get another four players interested! See below for further information!

GM note - This game will be a superhero game with elements of Battle Royale, The Apprentice, Hunger Games, and will be like a Young Avengers/Young Justice meets the first year at college, with adventure camps elements.

Superheroes guard our streets and watch our skies. Their sidekicks are a regular sight in the press, on the TV, either under tutelage of an established hero or a graduate from a hero academy...except lately, there's been this thing called the recession.

Things have been tough all over...yes, even for superheroes.

Seems there's not a lot of money in crimefighting, unless you're already rich or don't need to eat. Things have also been tough for prisons, too...which is why a load of crimals and supervillains have been released into the quiet industrial town of Kalston.

Enter the Kalston Kamps, known unofficially as the superhero gang wars.

To give sidekicks and young wannabes a taste of the real world, give them some training and enhance their employability, (and also to justifiably keep a large population of criminals under relative control for free) they will form teams and undergo regular live training and real crimefighting excersises with very real threat. Each team will be pitted against each other to assess their individual skills and their capabilities to work in a group. Will they be the next Watchers? Who will become as famous as Vanguard?

YOUNG SUPERHERO/SIDEKICK PLAYERS

You are at least 18, but no older then 25.

You have been a sidekick to a semi-famous established superhero/heroine (of your creation) and have been sent to Kalston to train...or maybe you don't get on with your mentor and chose this route yourself?

OR

You are a potential recruit for an established superhero team (of your creation), and are going to Kalston to enhance your standings with that team, so you will definately get a place.

OR

You are a young wannabe starting out, figuring Kalston is as good a place as any to make a name for yourself and be taken seriously (also maybe to make some contacts/take some names!) maybe you graduated from a superhero academy only to find no job waiting for you on the other side?

Time to prove yourself, wannabe!

Villains - If we get enough hero interest, we can consider accepting applications for recently released nefarious villain/criminal options that lurk around Kalston, maybe enjoying their new life out in the open...even if they do have to fight a bunch of super-keen super-heads every now and then. Failing this, I already have villains in mind.

The method of Kalston Kamps is that if we get enough players to create two (or more! joy!) teams (of at least four heroes each) then we can pit them against each other in training sessions, alongside which there will be regular calls for all teams to respond to criminal/supervillain threats which will no doubt plague Kalston during the training period.

Of course, you're heroes, so when OFF the training field, you're encouraged to get to know your rivals! Eat with them, chat with them, play chess with them, do...whatever else you want with them.

You will get to come up with your own team names, and each candidate will get individual assessments after each mission/training session.

POWER LEVELS AND TYPES

I'm open to any kind of young superhero here. Only rules are that you must be a believable sidekick or newbie, ergo you will not have earth-shattering power or a billion-dollar armoured suit.

Power levels - think Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil...or perhaps more accurately, Nightwing, Kid Flash, Aqualad.

Lady Quixote

highly interested, with a few questions.  What's keeping the villains in check...I mean I'm sure they are trying to escape the city/prison because they are villains.  But what's stopping them from killing a hero/team of?

secondly what's the villain power level going to be like?  I'm way more interested in being a hero/heroine (I have some ideas floating around right now but that's neither here nor there), are there going to be an endless supply of low level thugs roaming the city commanded by larger known villains?  Or is it all "big" name villains?

Matt

Ramael

Quote from: mvo33 on April 26, 2013, 04:55:07 PM
highly interested, with a few questions.  What's keeping the villains in check...I mean I'm sure they are trying to escape the city/prison because they are villains.  But what's stopping them from killing a hero/team of?

secondly what's the villain power level going to be like?  I'm way more interested in being a hero/heroine (I have some ideas floating around right now but that's neither here nor there), are there going to be an endless supply of low level thugs roaming the city commanded by larger known villains?  Or is it all "big" name villains?

Matt

Hey!

First off, nothing's stopping them. Once the team(s) are in the field, they are on their own, and may very well take their lives in their hands. They won't always be in these sorts of missions (in theory), as they will go through proper training and sparring first. Back at the Kamp/s, which also form both a HQ and student dorms type facility, they are technically safe. Although any good sidekick will tell you that they don't need to feel safe - they need to make others feel safe!

Secondly, their power level is feasibly quite large - but not quite Magneto. That's the toppity top, all manner of power levels from downwards. There are groups of villains that have banded together, a couple of higher up villains have decided to strike alliances or form gangs of minions, and others have decided they are much more efficient on their own (or actually just want to be left alone). As such you're right, it would be far more rewarding at this stage to play a young hero.

Lady Quixote

ok great, I don't see any reason to not be in...if you'll have me. 

What's actually keeping the villains in the city?  Electronic frontier, or energy shield, teleporter?  I guess I'm kind of envisioning a Escape from New York type city...something where they dumped the criminals/villains to test against the heroes and are generally left to their own devices.

Right now my idea is from an older superheroine I played for awhile.  More dexterousness than strong, altered human (he was built with Marvel Superheroes rules...so think spiderman instead of cyclops) that generates plasma that he can shoot/control from any point of his body, super speed (can't remember how fast he was off the top of my head but more car like than any of the Flashes), and a personal shield that can take up to a assault rifle before it drops which has a chance of knocking him out for up to a minute...it's a rough outline but I would like to see who else we have in before really fleshing out my character (he might be a woman if we need more female heroes).

Matt

Ramael

What's keeping them in the city is a comparitively easy life. They have their own hideouts and semi-abandoned streets to roam and pick clean - it's more preferable to them than being in the high-security prisons they once were. Of course, during the course of the RP, if/when our heroes give them too much hassle, they may of course try to escape Kalston, which our teams will of course have to stop.

I had considered energy manipulators, and as long as you say they're not Cyclops-level, then that should be fine! Look forward to what you have in mind :)

Lady Quixote

what do you mean by Cyclops-level?  the vaporizing a sentinel when he rips his visor off, the spacial awareness aspect, or the ability to ricochet off objects?

I hope we get some other interested parties to come in.

Matt

Ramael

All of the above! Think more along the lines of what level would Cyclop's sidekick be at, then you'd be close.

And so do I! :)

Lemon Lime

I am sooo interested! I'm much more the super villain type but I can be a hero in training. Maybe she'll be unsure about the whole "do good" thing :P lol. Any who, if you will have me I would love to join! When thinking about characters/creating them are there any other specifics you'd like? This sounds like so much fun.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Ramael

Hey Lime!

I guess what you're asking can be basically summed up in a character sheet - I will get to work on it presently!

Lemon Lime

Quote from: Ramael on April 28, 2013, 02:25:05 PM
Hey Lime!

I guess what you're asking can be basically summed up in a character sheet - I will get to work on it presently!

haha That's probably true. I guess I just got a little eager.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."

Ramael

Super alias: Feel free to splash colour around, here.

Age: With a seven-year age bracket, it might make a difference to those at the top and bottom ends of this.

Image/detailed description

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe? Fairly self explanatory, refer to my first post for more information. Go into a bit of detail if you'd like about your mentor/superteam, but make sure the focus is on your character. If these bits come particularly juicy, then perhaps we can stage cameos later in the game with visits from said mentors/superteams! In the same way, if someone decides with other players to have a "shared" supervillain that they have all fought outside of Kalston before, the same could apply.

Powers and abilities: Your mentor was a ninja who trained you? You have some form of telekinesis? You can fly? Anything here that makes you super, that includes "normal" abilities if they are used in a super way.

Why did you come to Kalston? Part of your biog, perhaps, but wanted this part distilled here seperately so it's easier to locate your character's drive and motive. Or perhaps lack of it.

Brief Biog: Including any crimefighting history, details of partnerships with mentor figures/others, perhaps you even know or have heard of other young superheroes that are also going to be at Kalston? How would your character feel about being partnered with them/put against them? Also, talk a bit about your characters personality. It's a big day in their life to come to Kalston, like the first day at school. How will they cope with it?

Favourite food: Cause I always like having this kind of thing in a character sheet. Also, it feasibly could be used as a part of a reward scheme in Kalston for the "top acheivers".

Lemon Lime

When we complete our character would you like us to PM it to you first before posting it here?

JamesSureWould

Ramael

Quote from: Lemon Lime on April 28, 2013, 06:43:56 PM
When we complete our character would you like us to PM it to you first before posting it here?

You can post it here, if you'd like. I like getting the juices flowing with other people able to see. If you'd rather, you can of course PM it to just me.

Quote from: JamesSureWould on April 28, 2013, 10:06:00 PM
oh this seems like it could be really cool. I'm in

Great! Any ideas on a character?

Lady Quixote

So my character might become female if we need to even out the genders...but still he should be pretty solid.

Super alias: Plasma

(I don't post pictures I don't own..sorry)  James is a rather average 19 year old.  Brown hair atop his head with an average build (he didn't get any superstrength, just some enhanced dex), at present his clothing is just jeans and a t-shirt.  He has yet to get an unstable molecule suit that will allow him to not burn off his cloths every time he uses his powers, Matron Magnificent said it's in the mail.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe? The Magnificents, a five some featuring Matron Magnificent (Mr Fantastic like intelligence but she looks like Medusa from Marvel Comics), the Ice Twins (teenagers with Iceman like powers/abilities), The Black Devil (think Hellboy but black and without the right hand of doom and the ability to spit out a sticky tar like substance...created in the 1940's in an industrial accient but doesn't look a day over 23...married to Matron Magnificent), and some other woman...I'm drawing a blank on another heroine

Powers and abilities:  Plasma Generation: His body continues to generate a never ending supply of superhot plasma.  He can release a stream of plasma from any part of his body, but generally projects it from his hands.  At full power it's powerful enough to blast a hole in a tank, which is pretty cool usually but not so much in fighting crime where you have to temper each shot based upon the strength of your advisory, civilians in the area and fellow heroes.

Plasma Control:  eventually he can control his plasma enough to form shapes out of it, decrease plasma that might be uncontained to be more manageable, or even surround himself with plasma (like the Human Torch)...but at best he can hold some in his hands and mold it like clay that melts what ever it touches.

Hyperspeed:  Plasma is about 30% faster than the fastest human around, from running to heart rate to his metabolism, he can run at 90mph.  He also gained an increase in dexterity so that his enhanced speed is not a problem with his coordination.

Personal Shield: He can generate a shield that is capable of blocking most small arms fire and even an assault rifle but that will cause his shields to drop, reinstating his shield is a simple thing but he must be conscious to do that, which is a problem as every time his shields are forcefully taken down the feedback can knock him on his ass leaving him anywhere from unconscious to dazed for up to a minute.

Why did you come to Kalston? He is looking to learn to control his powers so that he can hopefully join the Magnificents, he was given just enough to keep him from burning down a building or killing someone by an accidental plasma discharge.

Brief Biog: James began his life as a regular old kid, dreamed of fighting evil as a superhero but for the most part he lived an average life until he was driving into work one day (fast food...nothing glamorous) when he was struck with an errant beam.  In another part of town the Evil Dr. Bourne was fighting the Stupendous Squid (think a good but fleshy Doc Ock) when he pushed the button on his new Mogrification Ray.  He has used several different versions of it before to create minions out of ordinary things.  After the errant beam James was rushed to the hospital unconscious, no one really knew what had really happened.  He remained in unconscious for about three days while his body under went a change.  His blood was becoming plasma (as in the superhot state of matter) flowing through his veins, his heart rate leapt seemingly to the point of failure, and randomly he would be enveloped in a shield that kept nurses from inserting IVs.  Blowing a hole in the ceiling when he coughed up a stream of purple plasma, it was then that they brought it the foremost on metahuman physiology, Matron Magnificent.  She had him transported to one of her examination rooms in the Magnificent Tower, she was able to determine that something happened to change his cells granting him his superpowers.

This was a dream come true, now James could be the hero he had always dreamed and joining The Magnificents (a Fantasic Four type group), but first he has to be trained and what better place to do that than Kalston Kamp.

Favourite food: almost anything Italian, with heavy garlic

Matt

Avalon29

This seems really interesting and I was wondering if I could join.

Here's a rough sketch of the character I had in mind was an angel based hero who has recently come into his powers. He’s come to Kalstan in order to figure out what he is and how to control his powers. His abilities are increased strength, durability, and dexterity as well as the ability to fly via wing manifestation. He’s also an empath.

Lemon Lime

Super alias: Voltaic

Image/detailed description:
Tall, slender, and fit. She has short, pixie cut, black hair and creamy white skin. Her eyes are a bright golden hazel and freckles dot her face and skin. She has a runners body and is tight and fit with small curves. She stands at about 5’9” and has sharp facial features and always has a “stern” look to her. She doesn't have a "super suit" and she often has to be careful about fabrics that can melt or catch fire since she might be able to handle millions of volt to her body her clothing isn't always able.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a super team, or young wannabe?:
She is a bit of a young wannabe but has been working with a non-power scientist in order to control her gifts and learn to utilize them to the fullest. Dr. Lazar Dragic was her mentor, father figure, doctor, companion, and best friend. He helped her discover and like not resent her powers. She wants to make him proud more than anything.

Powers and abilities:
Controlling Electricity: She can create a small shock similar to sliding wooly socks on the carpet to shooting lightning bolt strength arcs from her fingers and anything in between. With that comes with super heating, being a walking defibrillator, and ruining electronics on a frequent basis.

Light Weather Manipulation: In a thunderstorm she can manipulate where lightning strikes and can capture its energy if it strikes her, it makes her stronger. She can’t make the wind change or the rain stop but has influence over the lightning. She gets struck A LOT and is essentially a lightning rod.

Super speed: She can “bolt” short distances. Fast, like a lightning strike but only for short to medium distances that she can see. No going around corners or bends; so she has to stop and turn before continuing her sprint and this will make her tired and is often more tedious than helpful. She only uses this really to get out of really bad situations. It takes her a second to do it and she has to really know where she's going so she doesn't hit anything.

Minimal Self Healing: She can heal small wounds on herself or give herself strength by electrocution. If she is truly dying all the electricity in the world isn’t going to help. But she will use tazers or defibrillators on herself before a big fight (although that is a light snack of a shock to what really works) or if she took a beating and needs to speed up the recovery time. Broken bones will stay broken but it will make things faster, huge wounds wont close up in seconds but they will slow bleeding and not get infected. She loves to fight in storms since it makes her stronger and causes everything water touches to be a conductor.

Side note: The Doc had her trained in some hand to hand combat but honestly if you touch her she can zap you pretty easily – it’s more like a strong stun gun than her usual lightning that she can “shoot” from her hands but it’s damn effective.

Why did you come to Kalston?
It was the doc’s idea. He wanted her to do something great with herself. To take everything she had learned and discovered about herself and put it to good use. She wants to impress him and she agreed when she turned 18 she would go to Kalston and train. Maybe find a team, get better with her skills and discover more of herself.

Brief Biog:
She was born in a horrible electrical storm and her mother was struck by lightning giving birth killing Nell’s mother but somehow not killing her, but imbuing it’s power in the new born. Her father was devastated at the loss of his wife and became emotionally distant from Nell from then on. He took care of his daughter somewhat but didn’t know how to truly take care of a girl with obvious gifts and who constantly reminded him of his dead wife. One day when Nell was 7 she went for a walk out in the fields during a terrible thunderstorm, something she did often and her father never really stopped her, to enjoy the lightning. A man driving through by the open fields panicked at seeing a young woman getting struck repeatedly by lightning and surviving. That was Dr. Lazar Dragic a man with multiple PhD’s in topics of Electrical engineering, biochemistry, and physics. He convinced her father to let him help train Nell to discover what she could do and how to not hurt herself or others with it on accident. For the next 11 years he helped her and became the only family she had and ever wanted.

Favourite food: Macaroni and cheese with a cherry coke.

Ramael

Quote from: Avalon29 on April 29, 2013, 08:08:08 PM
This seems really interesting and I was wondering if I could join.

Here's a rough sketch of the character I had in mind was an angel based hero who has recently come into his powers. He’s come to Kalstan in order to figure out what he is and how to control his powers. His abilities are increased strength, durability, and dexterity as well as the ability to fly via wing manifestation. He’s also an empath.

Certainly! We have plenty of slots and will be looking for multiple players in this game. I like the idea of a winged young superhero!

Lime, Mvo, I'm loving your characters so far. Brief post but just to say they're ace and will give them a more in-depth going over shortly. I'm already wondering if the Magnificents and the Doc can be worked into the RP at a later date...

Ramael

On reflection, after looking at the two profiles we've got so far, I only have a couple of comments.

I was worried, being both energy manipulators, that you'd be uber powerful, however it seems there's limits to the powers, which is good. Also, there's justification and a nice slice of science in there too, which is great. I don't have any problems with either of them, the only thing I'd have said to you Mvo is that yours does have the potential to kill people quite easily, but you've included that almost as a weakness in your profile, which is good, and I guess that's part of the reason why he's come to Kalston, to train his power, and also not to be toooooo close to squishy civilians.

I guess his first few fights are gonna be about not melting people down completely, which is good.

Bottom line, you're both approved, and, pending more characters, will be the first members of the game! Now, I can't tell you if you will be on the same team yet (again depends on the amount of players we get) but do you guys have any ideas for a Kalston team name when you get assigned?

So, with two energy manipulators, we could do with a tank/brick/superboy type, a flying type or two, then maybe a stealth type, and/or a techy gadget type...

Lemon Lime

Woo! I'm excited and love these 2 so far. We gotta get some more blood up in here. :)

Avalon29

Super alias: Seraph

He doesn't have a "super suit" but instead wears jeans with a t-shirt that have slits in the back in order to accommodate his wings and he has brown eyes.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe?

He is a young wannabe who is struggling to come to terms with his new appearance and abilities. He’s only got a small amount of training under his belt but he’s determined to put his new abilities to good use.

Powers and abilities:

Wings: His wings have a wingspan of 13 ft long and contain a large amount of strength and durability. The wings are durable enough to be used as a bulletproof shield and can be used to slam enough force to knock them away or break the bones of less durable opponents.

Flight: His wings have given the ability to fly, with a top speed of 120 mph under normal conditions but can easily reach over 200 in a proper dive. His body has also evolved so that it can handle flight at high altitudes with an increased lung capacity and the ability to survive on thinner air though the higher he climbs the faster he tires out.

Enhanced Physical Capabilities: His body has evolved into one surpassing most humans in peak condition. He’s strong enough to fight with those who are larger with him and break bones if he hits someone with the added speed of his flight but he can’t break through walls or shatter boulders.  He has gained enough durability to take strikes from people of equal strength without his bones breaking though he is susceptible to bullets, firearms and sharp instruments.  He’s also gained an increase in his dexterity so that he can navigate and control himself at the high speeds at which he flies.

Empathy: he has the ability to sense emotions from others though at times it’s more of a curse than a gift. When he is an area with a large amount of people he needs to focus on keeping himself from being overwhelmed by the variety of emotions and at times when he’s in a large crowd who are all feeling a single intense emotion such as fear, he can easily get overwhelmed and become useless until he gets himself back under control. Over time he may develop the ability to soothe or riot emotions but at the moment it takes most of his self-control not to get overwhelmed.

Why did you come to Kalston?  He came to Kalston in order to receive further training, try to figure out who or what he is and he hopes to find away to but the thing that he and his brought into this world out of it. He’s only had enough training to get a handle on flying without crashing and he’s been dealing with the question of whether or not he’s just a hero who discovered his powers at just the right time or something else.

Brief Biog:  Malachi was a normal teenager who had never believed in the supernatural even in a world filled with super heroes, he didn’t believe in things like heaven and hell, angels and demons. One day a group of friends invited him over telling him that they were going to try and perform some kind of ritual. Malachi not believing that they could possibly succeed allowed them to convince him to join them. To his horror he and his group of friends managed to succeed and they summoned something. He didn't get a good look at the thing they had summoned but he got a good look at what that thing was capable of. It ripped his friends to pieces and left them as no more than a bloody smear on the ground. When it came after him Malachi saw a bright flash of light and was rendered unconscious. When he awoke he discovered that he had wings and felt stronger than before. After fleeing the area where the tragedy took place, he spent the next few months of research and trying to get some semblance of control over his new body and its abilities. Once he believed that he had enough control of his new powers he went to Kalston in search for more training and some information on what exactly happened to him.

Favorite food: Smoked brisket

Lady Quixote

cool, thanks Ramael. 

I hope Plasma won't melt anyone...but we will see

Matt

Ramael

Interesting Avalon, I had thought that Kalston wouldn't have a dedicated science department for researching new superheroes powers, but perhaps with Malachi there will be other parties taking an active interest in where he derives his power from! Who is (Name) by the way?

We have our flyer type. Who's next?

Also, Mvo, Lime, any ideas on what your team name would be? Or perhaps you'd like to get into the game before deciding that.

Avalon29

I have a terrible time with names so It's usually the last thing I do so I use that as place holder for places where I'd plug in the name. I guess I just missed that one.

Lady Quixote

I don't have a great name...perhaps it can be something created in game

Matt

Lemon Lime

Created in game I think would work. Like Avalon I'm TERRIBLE with names haha.

Ramael

You guys have just tweaked my fun button!

Having trouble with your superhero names? It's on!

Mvo-

Plasmette, Plasmetta (if you choose female char)

Phasor

Fusion

Plasma Player (for a sweet double PP logo, same applies for:) Plasma Pal (more sidekick-y name)

Lime- If you really wanna change, but I like Voltaic!

The Static Stunner

Stasis

Charge

Electromagnetta (bit too long)

Transista (or, for super cheese, the Transista Sister!)

Voltaica (simple change here)

Avalon-

Halo

Paragon

Seraph

The Saint

Guardian

Nephilim

Avalon29

I think I'm going to steal the name Seraph from your list of suggestions Ramael.

Lady Quixote

I do like alliteration but I don't think I can do Plasma Pal or Plasma Player...still it's better than what his name was originally; Hyper Plasma...I hated that name, so I played my character as not worrying about his secret identity.

Matt

Lemon Lime

haha Transista Sista made me laugh a little too hard. Maybe a bad guy will cal her that just to get her all worked up. I like some of the others but I think I will stick with Voltaic. :D

TheHangedOne

And here I would like to present my own super-dude, inspired by the darker takes on Bat-man, and such characters as Rorschach from The Watchmen.

Super alias: Creeping Shadow

Image/detailed description: Creeping Shadow has two forms he appears in. As a human, he appears to be a man of his mid twenties (appearing older than he actually is), who has this look of tiredness; as if he constantly worries or seems uncertain (however, you'd have trouble finding something farther from the truth). He has short brown hair, and perpetual stubble gives his face a five'o'clock shadow. He is 5'8 and 200 lbs in weight, with a frame that is wiry. Oddly enough, at times, he does not cast a shadow; at other times, his shadow is shown, but acts in peculiar ways.

When he takes on the form of the Creeping Shadow, it would be hard to adequately describe him; to say he appears not unlike an oil slick would do justice, but not too much. A rather amorphous blob consisting of shadow-stuff, he can take various shapes  and forms on; but always, it is devoid of color, texture, and substance. He creeps and crawls his way over and through surfaces and creatures. Occasionally, ripples, in the shape of eyes or a mouth, form and disappear within the liquid darkness; he does not need these half-imagined things to see, or to speak, but it can be disturbing to behold.

Redrick was born as something close to being quite freakish; he is unaware of his true lineage, being that he grew up in foster homes. He decided that he could ultimately view his condition as either a curse or a gift, that he could despise it or make use of it; so he chose a field that seemed popular and that would be accepting of someone like him.

Powers and abilities: With a physique and physicality that is only a small leap above "average joe", his true talent lies in his intellect, and his ability to take on the form of the shadow. He also possesses a few other peculiarities when taking the form of the Creeping Shadow.

Corrupting Touch: If he so chooses, anything he passes over will become damaged. Organic matter rots; metal rusts and corrodes; wood becomes brittle and warped. This is a conscious ability he can turn on or off at will, though making use of it is tiring for him. This power can deal horrendous wounds to still-living creatures.

Slippery: When in the form of the Creeping Shadow, he believes, in some ways, like a liquid; he could ooze his way through a chain-link fence, for instance.

Shadow Cage: He can control the shadows of other individuals, even endowing them with a sense of tangibility, creating a weak restraint (Anybody with greater-than-average strength could break free if they struggle long enough; super-strong characters would just be able to walk through it without any difficulty)/ This is draining, however, and requires intense concentration on his part.

Light sensitive: Bright lights (including sun light) weaken him and make him irritable; the ease at which he can shift forms is directly proportional to the light around him. So in an open street in mid-day, he can't even use his ability; consequently, though, if he was in a pitch-black environment with no lighting whatsoever, all of his powers become trivial in the extreme to use.

Night-vision: Even in conditions where no ambient light exists, he can see things perfectly, in a sixty foot range around him. Note that certain powers, such as invisibility, will still work on him.

Why did he come to Kalston? To hone his talents, and perhaps, make a name for himself.

Brief Biography: As much as people might like to think otherwise, the foster-care system in this country isn't all that great. Sure, there are some genuinely nice parents; but some times, they can be downright abusive, in their own ways.

Red's adopted families (He had one from the ages of 7-14, then was moved to another one until he turned 18) where pretty close to the bottom of the barrel; though not overtly bad people, they definitely had some flawed theories about what parenting was (or so Red would say).

Combine that with often times being subjected to the cruelty of other kids as a teenager, he became a rather bitter person with a warped sense of morality; in his own words, everybody lives in a world where "Those who live to eat feast upon those who eat to live", and he has resolved himself not to be eaten.

He had a history of being bullied in schools, which eventually turned into a history of him fighting back against those bullies; often to the point of injuring them far more gravely than he or others had been. "If all they understand is force and fear, then that is how I shall tell them their actions are unacceptable", he claims with all the conviction of a zealot.

In the end, Red fights for the side of good; but there should be no mistakes made. He is not what you would call a nice person under most circumstances. He treads the line between anti-hero and anti-villain, with a code of conduct that drives him to protect the innocent and downtrodden; but which demands he punish and exact vengeance against the petty tyrants, bullies, and the wolves-in-sheeps-clothing's.

He is, perhaps, an example of a commonly known phrase of Friedrich Niesche's: Be careful when you fight monsters, lest you thereby become a monster.

Favourite food: Meat-lover's pizza.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Hotaru37

This sounds really interesting.  I have a slight idea for a character.  I will try and get a sheet up tomorrow.  :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Ramael

Huzzah! I have an unbelievably busy weekend, so no posts for me for now and soon. Sunday I should be able to take a proper look at what we have - nice to see some more interest.

Hotaru37

Super alias:

Kari is kind of reserved to trust others because she don't want others to think she is weak because of her wacky powers. She is also the fussy type where she fusses over everyone. She will probably seem annoying to the people she is the closest to as Kari unknowingly as protective as her mother.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe?
Kari was originally a sidekick to her mother who is known as The Dark Bell.  But working as a sidekick to her mother was like not even being there so after a lot of pleading with her mother she was able to head for Kalston.

Powers and abilities:
Like her mother The Dark Bell Kari has the powers of telekinesis and from her father Sliverwingz gained the power of healing.

With her Telekinesis she can make things explode, bend, float, and throw things at opponents.  Her telekinesis seems well connected to her emotions and her telekinesis will act up when she is upset or angry.

Knife Barriage:  She carries a set of throwing knives that with float out of their sheaths and throw themselves at the villain pinning them to walls surprisingly unharmed.

Rubble Wall:  Something she does as defense is when she is attacked is she will float huge objects in front of her as protection.

There is many things she can with Telekinesis but they don’t have names.

Healing: Kari has an ability to heal others but not herself.  It can have terrible side effects though.  Minor injuries will just drain her energy a little.  More serious injuries, she will actually take the injury on to herself but not as severe.  If someone is close to death for her it would basically be an exchange of lives, to save them she would die.

Kari comes to Kalston to try and make a life for herself outside the over protectiveness of her mother.  She wants to be able to see just how she can do on her own. 

Brief Biog:
Kari was born to Cassidy Koncad or better known as The Dark Bell who had always protected her hometown.  Cassidy who had born to Dr. Koncad years ago was used in one of his dark experiments of human genes.  It backfired on him Cassidy learned to use her abilities of telekinesis and healing to battle him for his inhumane experiments.  As she got older Cassidy married her sidekick and had Kari who ended up inheriting her mother’s powers.

So Cassidy made Kari her sidekick to help train her in her powers but instead it seemed to backfire as Cassidy is overprotective.  Not only that with them battling Cassidy’s father/Kari’s grandfather it has brought Kari to Dr. Koncad’s attention.  After his failure with Cassidy, he wants to use Kari and has made several attempts to take her and make her evil.  This battle between her mother and her father versus her grandfather went unknown to Kari.

Kari thought her mother finally gave into her pleading to go to Kalston because Kari really wanted it but in reality her mother thought that it would be far enough away from her evil grandfather.

Favourite food: Grilled Cheese and Chili

Haven't really been able to come up with a superhero name.  lol  still thinking
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ramael

Wonderful stuff - THM, can you just clarify in the profile what he looks like whilst the Creeping Shadow? Is he still vaguely humanoid, or a generic shadowy puddle?

Hotaru, can't really see how healing fits into the telekinesis schtick? Unless there's some super-science I'm missing. Also - knives? She doesn't sound like a murderous person, would she really use an entire bandolier of knives on an enemy? Also - I kinda like that she doesn't have a name yet. It would be cool to have one character who finds their alter ego name actually during the course of the RP.

Other than that, I think you're both good to join the first lineup for Kalston - which I can now see will be at five young superheroes!

This mean - huzzah! - that I can and will get the OOC and first game threads up very shortly!  ;D

In the meantime, those of you still lurking, there's still plenty of time to get in on the action. With a couple more young superheroes we could make two teams (if we have an imbalance I will add an NPC of my creation to balance the other team out).

TheHangedOne

I edited the description, Ramael. He is basically a "shadowy puddle", as you say.
Check out my poet tree!

Lady Quixote

So like Inque from Batman Beyond?

Also if we have five people it might be easier to do a group of two and three then either slot NPCs in as the first sessions start (play it off as waiting for others) or just run smaller groups until more people join.  Just an idea.

Matt

Ramael

Quote from: mvo33 on May 04, 2013, 05:07:13 PM
So like Inque from Batman Beyond?

Also if we have five people it might be easier to do a group of two and three then either slot NPCs in as the first sessions start (play it off as waiting for others) or just run smaller groups until more people join.  Just an idea.

Matt

What does everyone else think of this? Not a bad idea. The only thing is that way I have to come up with four NPCs that may very well not get used once we get other players joining. Also it does kind of limit interactions between players to begin with (especially for the twosome, they'd only have each other and then some NPC's to interact with).

The original plan was to have this five as one of the teams (you guys still haven't come up with a name by the way!) and then I would play some of the other teams you may meet/train against. However this doesn't leave much leeway for new players entering unless we get three or more in one go.

Basically I think we could run the RP to begin with as characters all arriving at Kalston, and getting one big first briefing. They don't know anyone else (although they might have heard of some other character's heroes) and after a few rounds of chatter, the teams get announced and then thrust together. This would give us time to RP, and a little more time to any newcomers to join before actually getting to the creation of teams.

EDIT: Also, I always leave this bit upto the players, which board? Light, Bondage, or NC?

TheHangedOne

I say bondage or NC. Also, I think groups of three (meaning one will have an NPC) would work good, imo.
Check out my poet tree!

Lady Quixote

well if we are doing separate teams both at Kalston Kamp, I would probably also create separate mission boards and HQ boards.  So we can interact with each other in the HQ but are alone on missions. 

As for a name make that something that comes up in game, the official names are super formal (like Sidekick Group 1: SKG-1) but the sidekicks themselves begin to call themselves a nick name that soon sticks with the people running the camp.

Board, I don't know...Light?  How much of this game is going to revolve around getting captured and tormented by villains?  My guess is not that much, so bondage if people are really into that but I'm in a Battletech game that's in Bondage and the only bondage that's happened was us collecting a Bondsman (HA...little battletech humor for you guys this morning). 

I'm fine with either five or split groups...they were just ideas, I'm not trying to make your life more difficult.

Matt

Yukina

I will apply for the first member of the second team. Just give me a sec to post my character.

Yukina

Super alias: Amplita (Unless someone has a decent name idea, that would be nice)

Real name: Mary Matric Jr. (Yay alliterative names ala marvel!)

Image/detailed description: Skinny build, 4'8", A-cup chest, Light brown hair, blue eyes, wears a purple blouse, white shoes, and a black skirt as a civilian (I am still unsure what to make for costume be like.)

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe? Mary Matric is a young wannabe. She is currently looking for a mentor and/or partner in crimefighting do to the nature of her powers. She hopes to be of use to someone and accepted for once.

Powers and abilities:
--"Turning up the volume!": Mary can amplify another's power and/or abilities by holding onto them. Breaking contact ends this effect.

--"Mute": Being a reverse of her first power, Mary can dampen abilities and powers. She lets out sound waves that interfere the sections in the brain that relate to movement and power control.

Why did you come to Kalston? Mary has come to Klaston to find a partner in crimefighting. She desires to be of help to someone and to have a protector in turn for her services.

Brief Biog: Mary was born to two super-powered parents, Mary Matric Sr. and David Brown. The "mother Mary" had the amplification power of Mary Jr., while David had the mute power. Her parents had not become crimefighters, but had just chosen to hide there powers from most people. The girl grew up to become a bookworm who was commonly bu;lied be her classmates. Mary first discovered her powers at age 13 when she attended an autograph session of local superhero, Atomic-Man. As shook hands with the hero, the hero had lift her by accident due to her powers. Mary screamed in fear, the sound waves from her mouth weakening the hero's grip.
She than ran back home where her parents soon explained the nature of her powers. She wanted to be hero, but her parents refused to let her until she was 18. She tried to find find Atomic-Man in the first months of her 18th year, but once she found him, he refused to let her on him. He was too annoyed about her screaming being bad for his publicity. He had become a broken pedestal for the girl. Mary has been trying to look for a "pure" hero every since.

Favorite food: Pocky

Avalon29

I don't have much preference on how we start. Both starts have their own pros. If we start with a big breifing it would give our heroes a chance to get to know one another as well as give others a chance to join. However since there is now six heroes two groups of three would work out just as well.

About which board to put it in, I think most of the content within the RP would fall under the category of light but if you want to  open up the game to allow people to create villains at a later date it'd probably be best to stick it under bondage or NC.

Lemon Lime

Quote from: mvo33 on May 05, 2013, 06:53:50 AM
As for a name make that something that comes up in game, the official names are super formal (like Sidekick Group 1: SKG-1) but the sidekicks themselves begin to call themselves a nick name that soon sticks with the people running the camp.
I like this idea, something they sort of come up with together. Maybe after their first big fight they come together and have a name. It's hard to decide one when they don't even know each other yet. That's just me.

As for the board, bondage works for me. I'm not a huge fan of NC as far as sex goes. If a bad guy kidnaps my character and is all evil with whips and chains that's fine but there is just a line I don't like crossing. I hope that's okay with people.

I'm fine with the team being "us against the GM" sort of thing. We make a set team (with some variation if need be) and then it's us trying to beat the NPC's. It's more controlled that way. That's just me. But I'm also very flexible. So I'm pretty happy with whatever and excited to start playing. :D

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Lemon Lime on May 05, 2013, 10:22:37 AM
I like this idea, something they sort of come up with together. Maybe after their first big fight they come together and have a name. It's hard to decide one when they don't even know each other yet. That's just me.
I completely agree with this.
As for the board, bondage works for me. I'm not a huge fan of NC as far as sex goes. If a bad guy kidnaps my character and is all evil with whips and chains that's fine but there is just a line I don't like crossing. I hope that's okay with people.
I dunno, I just think Bondage, NC, or Extreme would be more fitting for what Creeping Shadow does to the villains (and the NC part being particularly suited for Villainesses; "Hero isn't a moniker I take on, it
s just what society wants to call me"), but whatever we decide on for a setting, I'll be sure to adhere to it (which might mean making my dude a little lighter).
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

Welcome aboard, Yugi! I like the look of Mary and that's a nice bit of history about Atomic Man. I however, have no idea what Pocky is.  :P If she can neutralise someone's powers, does that mean she'll be looking to taking some more hand-to-hand training to give her the edge in a fight? Due to the nature of her powers she's a very interesting one to have on a team, and she will be defined by her team mates!

So, let's run through some stuff and let me know what I've missed or if I'm wrong on anything -

- So it looks like so far that most people seem to be leaning on the side of having two teams, and now with Mary, we can have a base of three aside, as it were. I'm undecided myself about creating an NPC for each team to fill it out to four, I'm sure I'll make up my mind in time.

- We'll go with Mvo's idea regading team names (your recruiter for the initial startup training period may refer to you one team as "worms" and "maggots" the other until you come up with your own names  :P) thats super cool with me.

- And, it looks to be that this game will be in the Bondage section, which is where I was leaning to putting it anyway just to cover most bases. THM, your character won't be able to get his creepy paws on any villainesses early in the game anyway, and also it seems that whilst we have enough players for two teams, we don't have enough for any villains, and thus will be played by me, so any NC won't TECHNICALLY happen. Technically.

- As to what Lime said about "us against the GM" it will be very much like this, however there will be elements (probably early on and then every now and then throughout the RP) whereby the two teams will be training against each other, thus providing some pvp action.

One last thing, I'mma draw names outta my GM hat as to who gets in what team. Is this fine with everyone or does anybody have a better idea on this?

Thanks for all the input by the way, I like having my players on board with the decisionizing.

Yukina

Quote from: Ramael on May 05, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Yugi! I like the look of Mary and that's a nice bit of history about Atomic Man. I however, have no idea what Pocky is.  :P If she can neutralize someone's powers, does that mean she'll be looking to taking some more hand-to-hand training to give her the edge in a fight? Due to the nature of her powers she's a very interesting one to have on a team, and she will be defined by her team mates!

One last thing, I'mma draw names outta my GM hat as to who gets in what team. Is this fine with everyone or does anybody have a better idea on this?

Thank you. Pocky is a biscuit stick coated mostly in chocolate. She probably might ask for that training. I also like the random selection idea.

Avalon29

I don't have any problem with random teams. It's probably the best way to do it anyway all things considered.

Lady Quixote

Ramael

Lady Quixote

where do you want our characters?  OOC or a different thread

Matt

Hotaru37

Quote from: Ramael on May 04, 2013, 03:19:26 PM
Hotaru, can't really see how healing fits into the telekinesis schtick? Unless there's some super-science I'm missing. Also - knives? She doesn't sound like a murderous person, would she really use an entire bandolier of knives on an enemy? Also - I kinda like that she doesn't have a name yet. It would be cool to have one character who finds their alter ego name actually during the course of the RP.

Ramael,

I edited my profile the details I left out while half asleep.  I explained exactly what she does with the knives and the two powers.  If those details don't work I can edit in other ways maybe using other powers.

Yeah, actually finding out her alter ego name during the game could be quite interesting.   :-)

Dragonslayer

(Half-asleep while writing this, so please excuse my bad writing and whatnot)

Super alias: The White Flame

Image/detailed description: 5'7, average build, brown hair, tends to wear all black clothing, blue eyes, semi-bad teeth.

Sidekick to a superhero/ine, or potential recruit to a superteam, or young wannabe? He is a young wannabe looking for his own glory. As well as his archnemesis so he can kill him (More on that in his Bio)

Powers and abilities:

High=Glucose manipulation: he can manipulate sugar down to the molecular level and shape it into anything, so he makes it look like a burning white flame. As soon as he hits the person with his "flames" their body absorbs it and get violently sick with a condition known as Ketoacidosis which causes the body to violently throw up the sugar (he needs to hit them with his attacks multiple times first)

High=Glucose constructs: He can manipulate sugar into hardened objects like spears,swords etc. (Effectivness of the weapon he makes depends on his blood sugar) (He can only make melee weapons with his glucose constructs)

High= Too high: He needs to get rid of the sugar in his system or he'll run the risk of dying (To get rid of alot of sugar, he'll probably make like a full suit of armor made out of sugar)

Diabetic: his powers greatly differ when he is either has High or low blood sugar.

Low=Glucose Absorbtion: He can absorb huge amounts of sugar just by touching it.

Low= Glucose Vampire: He will absorb the sugar molecules of a single person as long as he is touching skin.

Low= Too low: He won't be able to control his actions, since he is know completely acting on instinct

His powers are on a number system 25-80 is low, 25 being very low. 81-145 is normal=no powers. 146+ is high.

Why did you come to Kalston? :To find his archnemesis and rid the world of his diseased soldiers.

Brief Biog: Leo Thompson was just your average guy with Diabetes, he worked and loved and was basically an average joe, that was until one day he was hand picked by a man known as 'Doctor Cure' who seemed to have a cure for every single disease, including diabetes.So Leo decided he would take it.

The cure didn't sit well for him or the other patients, but unlike 70% percent of the patients, he survived but had a more increased version of his disease, instead of a cure he found his body can manipulate the sugar that's around him. He was deemed a success of his new army of perfect beings, this outraged Leo as he pump nearly 50000 of sugar into a super nova like explosion in the room, which instantly killed two guards that were in the room.

After he escaped the office of Doctor Cure, he tiressly looked for people that shared his hatred for Doctor Cure, as well as fight off some low-level crooks, but his main goal is vengeance against Doctor Cure for turning him into a walking sugar bomb, after months of searching he found that Doctor Cure has fled to his laboratory on Kalston, know he joins up with fellow heroes on the war of justice, towards the gangs, but his real reason is to find his archnemesis for one final showdown.

Favourite food:Apple Pie, Jambalaya, almost all kinds of ice cream, and meaty pizzas.

Personality: He is very laidback and chill, he is not one to care about someones past and will never betray anyone he deems a friend, his personality flips when he is fighting 'Doctor Cure' to a ruthless hellbound megalomaniac, nearly killing everyone who dares stands between him and Doctor Cure.

Ramael

Sorry, Art, just very busy at the moment.

I love that you've made a character around a health complication, I think that's so good. Oddly, I actually think he should have more powers rather than just the "superpuke" attack. Maybe his enhanced metabolism and consumption of sugar actually gives him a kind of super speed as well? Or, he can create other solid objects from his body out of the sugar he's ingested/absorbed, sort of super strong crystal sugar constructs? Let me know, I don't want to mess with your character too much.

Ramael

GM UPDATE: Team G has had a recent dropout, putting them down to three superhero sidekicks. We need one more player to fill their ranks, but there is an NPC in Team F also, who can be replaced by a player. ALSO: Considering villainous characters as of now, and even a whole other team if we get another four players interested! See first post and above for further information!

Batman4560

Ramael

Batman4560

Count me in, I will do some research on your game then post a sheet if that is ok?

Ramael

Absolutely - I look forward to it.

Basic info you need to know - (it's all in the first post but hey)

Young superhero/sidekick to an established superhero, come to the Kalston Kamps to train, find yourself, cut your hero teeth, etc. Kamps are team-based and your character will undergo some training against other heroes, as well as more dangerous missions against the contained but threatening villain/criminal population of Kalston proper, hemmed in and kept in the town by the government in light of recent prison population issues.

Batman4560

Ironically I made this character two days ago If I need to add anything or take anything out let me know.

Super alias: Ace of Spades

Image/detailed description:

Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: blue
Nationality: Irish

He has a real baby face. Pointy nose, thin eyebrows, short goatee that is neatly trimmed, round deep blue eyes. His teeth are a clean white with a slight over bite. His hair is wild and shaggy and drops just past his ears. He has a strong neck that moves into a tone body with little fat on it. He doesn't show off his form and often wears his jacket closed. His legs are the strongest part of his body as he often uses kicks when fighting.

Attire: He took the cowboy theme to heart when he came to America. He wears a red cowboy hat with a white band on the middle of it. His body is covered with a white button up shirt and a brown leather vest. He wears a red duster over the rest of his clothes that hangs just above the floor. Tight Blue jeans and brown cowboy boots with silver spurs completes his attire.

John simply wants to be a hero, his parents always said he was destined for greatness.

Powers and abilities: He can shift probability and odds to his favor in a small area around him. (fifteen feet radius.) He can use this as a "Buff" to himself witch gives him better aim and a high hit ratio. Or he can use it as a "Debuff" and cause things to glance,graze or out right miss him. Eoin has also learned to increase the odds of things he throws to hit its mark as well, such as playing cards or marbles as well as just things he does simply go his way.

Trained kickboxer

Self taught marksman

Hobbies/Skills: Track running, hockey,chess,video games, reading a good book, card games of any kind including trading cards, dungeons and dragons.

Weaknesses: He can only manipulate that witch he is aware of and only what is within his range. Therefore if he is caught off guard by an attack he cannot change the odds of a critical strike against him. Or in another situation he cannot change the odds of a friend coming short of a jump if they were to attempt leaping from one roof to another. Aside from that he is a normal teen with normal weaknesses.

Why did you come to Kalston? John came to Kalston to test his luck. He also came to learn what it takes to become a hero and sharpen his skills before going out into the real world and fighting the strongest supervillains.

Brief Biog:
Eoin's parents brought him over from Ireland when he was three years old. As he grew up his mother often told him that she was a member of run away gypsies and that she could see the future. He never really believed her but she always seemed to know when he was doing something he shouldn't. His father told him that their family had made the first volcanic repeating revolver and led to the foundation of Winchester Rifles. Again he never took this to heart. At age ten Eoin started to notice that he was becoming extra lucky, for example he would pass tests without studying because his teachers would stand next to him with the key to tests in their hands without realizing it. In fights hits would glance off him or just outright miss. He even found card games to become easy for him and the cards he needed often were just in his opening hand. Eoin thought it was strange but chalked it up to dumb luck. When he was thirteen he learned kickboxing from his father and wrestling from his school. He often found his "dumb luck" came in handy during many competitions. At the age of 14 he was transfer'd to "Sparrowdale" (Made up super school) By his parents who knew about Eoin's ability to manipulate luck, even if he didn't know. Since then he has been honing his skills with his luck control and slowly started to use it in various ways.

Innate Personality: Eoin is horribly paranoid and thinks someone is always trying to probe his mind, therefor he mostly thinks about random numbers to confuse anyone that might attempt such a tactic. If someone were to probe his mind long enough they would that he is considering the odds of success for whatever situation he is in.

Outward Personality: Friendly, carefree,headstrong and brash. Reacts without second thought and often doesn't consider the consequences of his actions.

He has every intention to work with others as he realizes he is only one man and his luck will only take him so far.

Favourite food: Sushi.

Ironwolf85

I've been concepting a magical brute, partly off a pic from the game overlord (which never made it in) and the guy who is running an overlord RP... I don't know if he'll get it off the ground.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ramael

Holy character sheet, Batman!

I like Eoin, there's some nice history there, too. You've included marksman as a skill, but he apparantly doesn't carry any guns. I don't mind this as I think realistic guns have no place in a superhero RP apart from in the hands of the mooks, but is this a thing for the Ace of Spades?

Ironwolf: If you can convert that magical brute to the character sheet, I'd love to take a look.

Batman4560

That is because Ace uses whatever he can get his hands on and effect with his luck such as playing cards and marbles, eventually I have plans for him to be able to manifest his luck as an energy attack but thought it best for him to be scaled back for now. I use him in a dnd based game where he also has super speed and can fire the luck blasts.

Angaroo

Ramael

Angaroo

Angaroo

Hey, sorry to say but I'm a little busier than I previously thought so I'm going to have to drop out for now.

Thanks anyways and I hope you find someone!  :-)

Batman4560

Ramael

Sure, just one last thing, I don't really get why he's paranoid. He sounds like a well-rounded individual from your biog, nothing too horrific or disturbing to make him seem like the kind of guy who constantly thinks someone is trying to probe his mind?

Batman4560

Well, the people who seem most sane are often the most paranoid but beyond that he is terrified that his luck wont hold out against those who have mind powers, how do you protect against that witch you can never see coming?

Ramael

Exactly. And weaknesses makes for more interesting characters.

Batman4560

And for a man who's power is based on knowing whats coming that is terrifying for him.

Ramael

Whack that into some justification in his biog in the appropriate place, then (otherwise it looks like you've just stuck it in metagaming style to be "immune" to mindreaders) and I'll link you the OOC, which has links to all the other boards. You will be in team G, who are currently recuperating from their fight with team F (that would be a good conversation and icebreaker for you) and bonding at their quarters. Let's make it a thing whereby you're replacing a character IC'ly as well as OOC'ly. You were one of the rejects for Kalston, but with someone dropping out so early, you were called to be integrated into the program so team G wouldn't go through the rest of the process a man down.

Batman4560

Ramael

Excellent. That's team G filled.

Everyone else consider this an ongoing recruitment. If we ever get another four players interested, we can create another team.

If, of course, someone is interested in playing one of the bad guys (a young villainous sidekick or a hardened street thug released from jail onto the streets of Kalston), then post interest here. Now we have our heroes I can now stretch out to the dark side!

Batman4560

Ramael

Yup, Mvo pointed you at the steel house, so go ahead and make your intro post there to the rest of your team!

AribethAmkiir

Ramael

Yes. Consider this, casually, always open. I'm not going to turn away new players...ever, I don't think, it just may be a case of where to slot you, and if you want to play a sidekick/young hero or a villain.

AribethAmkiir

Super alias: Bantam (formerly “Small-Fry”)

Cassie is naturally 5’5’ and 120 lbs.  She sports a young, lean, and athletic look with an obvious Irish heritage.  Her red hair is wavy and long, usually falling past the shoulder, and helps accentuate her pale complexion and honey brown eyes.  She has a soft, genuine, and easy smile that just touches the corners of her honey brown orbs.  She typically wears blouses, shirts or dresses that leave her upper back bare.  This reveals her wings, which when folded flush to her back appear to be a multicolored, beautiful, yet random tattoo which never quite seems to line up the same way twice.

Her costume is a backless and sleeveless body suit in the light blue and pink trim, which has a collar that secures the suit around her neck.  She wears gloves that approach her elbow and quarter length pants tucked into thigh high boots all of which complement the suit's colors.
Pictures
Cassie has spent the last 4 years as the sidekick to her father, the superhero known as Tower.  When Cassie discovered that her father had experimented on her while she was in her mother’s womb, she broke the partnership off and hasn’t talked to her father since.  She continued to fight crime by herself, but was limited to small time crooks without her father’s assistance.

Powers and abilities:
-Size Manipulation: Cassandra can decrease her body’s size stopping anywhere from a foot shorter than her normal height to shrinking to an inch in height.

-Vibration Emission: Cassie has the ability to generate dense and highly destructive energy busts that travel through air from her hands.  She is currently capable of breaking solid concrete with her blasts.  The emission can only travel through air, and is generated from her wings, which do not need to be fully unfolded to generate the blast.

-Wing Manifestation:  Cassandra has a pair of iridescent wings that are a part of her normal skeleton.  The wings seem to grow and attach to her clavicle, scapula, and first and second ribs.  The wings naturally fold flush against her back and have the appearance of a multicolored, chaotic and random looking tattoo when folded flush against her body.  Her wings allow her to fly at speeds up to 40mph and are capable of carrying additional 200 lbs. of weight while keeping Cassandra aloft.

-Enhanced Agility, and Reflexes: Her wings and size manipulation allow for increased body coordination.  This is most notably seen in an enhancement of her agility and reflexes.  The enhancement to agility and reflexes only occurs when flying.

-Intelligence: Cassie is a genius like her father and has been exposed to upper level math and science for most of her life.

After turning 18, Cassie felt the need to start her own career as a crime fighter, outside of her father’s giant shadow.  She found this extremely difficult as no team would take her since her father had been proven to be unstable, and they really didn't want to deal with the "family drama".  Eventually, Cassie decided join the Kalston Kamps.  It was either that or go to college, and while she was more than happy to face down mad scientists and rogue robots, the idea of standardized testing scared the “beejezus” out of her. 

Brief Biog:
Born in a small little town located in western Michigan, just off Lake Michigan to Christy and Sean Finnegan, a.k.a. “Tower”, a brilliant, yet, egocentric geneticist, Cassie had a fairly normal childhood.  At the age of 13, Cassie began experiencing nightmares accompanied by migraine headaches and spastic full-body convulsions.  Eager to discover what was happening to her daughter, Cassie’s mother admitted her to the local hospital where she was monitored.  On the second day of her hospital stay, Cassie’s powers manifested slowly shrinking her before doctors and nurses in her hospital bed and instantly becoming known nation-wide as “the suddenly shrinking girl”.  When her father discovered what had happened to Cassie, he immediately retired from his superhero team “The Big Ten” and removed Cassie and Christy from the media spotlight.  In later years, a former teammate, “The Why” of Tower’s would discover that Sean had experimented upon Cassie’s DNA while she was still a developing embryo and that her natural phase of puberty had awakened the dormant mutation.  “The Why” shared this information with Cassie and Christy before Tower could stop him resulting in Tower’s permanent ban from the Big 10, Christy’s divorce of Sean, and Cassie breaking apart the father-daughter crime-fighting team. 

Favourite food: Cream cheese frosting

Ramael

I love Bantam! There's a Wasp/Ant-Man feel to her and her Dad. I also love The Why. You're in...we could replace Wolf, my NPC in team F with Bantam. He has just recently taken a beating from a massive rubber golem.

You'll want to say hi in the OOC, and put your char sheet up in the appropriate page. One thing...can I recommend her Vibration Emission ability is downgraded just a tad from "breaking concrete" to "cracking concrete" ? Just so it's more a more appropriate power level for a sidekick.