Any Final Fantasy 14 players out there?

Started by Discreetlydeviant, November 09, 2022, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discreetlydeviant

I've been delving into FFXIV lately with some buddies of mine, I just beat Heavensward and am currently going through the post-heavensward MSQ.

Loving the game so far, have gotten nothing spoiled for me thus far on the later expansions, main jobs I've been playing are Machinist, Samurai, Ninja, White Mage, and Blue Mage.

Tried delving into Tanks but got turned off by the communities demand for big pulls, looking forward to unlocking Sage as that job looks pretty sweet.

What are you all doing in FFXIV at the moment, no spoilers in regards to the main story please and thank you!

Revelation

Quote from: Discreetlydeviant on November 09, 2022, 01:45:26 PM
I've been delving into FFXIV lately with some buddies of mine, I just beat Heavensward and am currently going through the post-heavensward MSQ.

Loving the game so far, have gotten nothing spoiled for me thus far on the later expansions, main jobs I've been playing are Machinist, Samurai, Ninja, White Mage, and Blue Mage.

Tried delving into Tanks but got turned off by the communities demand for big pulls, looking forward to unlocking Sage as that job looks pretty sweet.

What are you all doing in FFXIV at the moment, no spoilers in regards to the main story please and thank you!

Hello! Big FFXIV fan here! My main is a Dragoon, but I am trying to learn tanking on the offisde. The post HW MSQ is pretty fun! I won't say much about it but it does have one of my favorite fights in the game thematically. Sage is a pretty fun healer according to my friend, so if you dig healing I think you'll vibe with it.

Discreetlydeviant

Nice I'm looking forward to it, yeah I have a gun theme for my character, machinist, sage, and gunbreaker seem like a cool fit for him.

I need to just be more patient with tank and learn dungeons better with my friends and maybe through the guild squadrons.

Revelation

Don't forget Duty Support! Trusts are available up to The Vault I believe.

Discreetlydeviant

I don't know if I've unlocked trusts yet, not sure though

Revelation

Quote from: Discreetlydeviant on November 09, 2022, 08:01:42 PM
I don't know if I've unlocked trusts yet, not sure though
You should have 'em, they're under the Duty menu and then Duty Support. :) You won't have them for the 8 mans though like King Mog, Leviathan, Ravana, etc.

Discreetlydeviant

Ahh I'll have to check em out then, not sure if I've done any yet.

Revelation

Quote from: Discreetlydeviant on November 09, 2022, 08:35:06 PM
Ahh I'll have to check em out then, not sure if I've done any yet.

I find them better than squadrons by far, and it seems they'll be the replacement for them going forward. So definitely give em a try!

Discreetlydeviant

Hmm I actually don't have access to this yet, looks like it is only available for Shadowbringers dungeons and onwards.

Guess I'll try em out when I get to that point in the game.

Revelation

Quote from: Discreetlydeviant on November 10, 2022, 09:51:00 AM
Hmm I actually don't have access to this yet, looks like it is only available for Shadowbringers dungeons and onwards.

Guess I'll try em out when I get to that point in the game.

You should definitely have them, I know I have them on an alt that's only up to king mog. I don't recall if you need to do any specific quest to unlock them.

MyriadDreaming

I'm a big fan of the MMO! Love the story and characters.

NovembersRime

I play it, and I also RP in it as a Keeper of the Moon miqo on Chaos.

Content-wise I mostly play Ninja and Dragoon.

Luna

Hi there avid rp'er and gposer here on Light! Honestly spend most of my life on FFXIV haha

Revelation

Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2024, 04:15:27 AMHi there avid rp'er and gposer here on Light! Honestly spend most of my life on FFXIV haha
What's the RP scene in FFXIV like? I am on the RP datacenter (Crystal), but I haven't really done much of a deep dive into it.

Luna

Quote from: Revelation on February 07, 2024, 11:42:33 AMWhat's the RP scene in FFXIV like? I am on the RP datacenter (Crystal), but I haven't really done much of a deep dive into it.

I think it all depends! So Light is primarily Venue's like the in-game clubs and they are spectacularly IC and usually fun. The Party Finder normally has little niche gatherings at a tarvern or something for you to just go and join and make friends. I can only really say for Light because I've never been on any other datacenter!

NovembersRime

Quote from: Revelation on February 07, 2024, 11:42:33 AMWhat's the RP scene in FFXIV like? I am on the RP datacenter (Crystal), but I haven't really done much of a deep dive into it.

Might as well butt in and speak for Chaos.

There is a fanmade community of several hundred members. They have a discord and a database site in which they endorse venues, FCs, Linkshells, open plots and what have you. You kinda need to know where to look, but when you do, it's very alive. I myself run a somwehat niche tavern and a little sub-community (no, not that kinda sub) on Omega.

I have some experience from Crystal as well, but mostly just the Keeper of the Moon circles. I have great memories from there. The folks I interacted with were really into the whole tribal and traditional aspects of Keepers, which I love. Unfortunately I can't play with them too much due to time zones.

You also have the folks of course that run modern style "nightclubs" in the game, where as far as I understand the players act still as very much themselves, not really going "into character". Which of course if more your jam is fine, but not it's for me. I like to create stories xD

Seafea

Nah, I'm playing the REAL MMO

Final Fantasy XI.