Kim Harrison, novelist?

Started by Chris Brady, June 10, 2008, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

So, I picked up some of the 'Rachel Morgan' tales by Kim Harrison, you know, Dead Witch Walking and all that.

And I was wondering if any of you have actually read any of them and what the general consensus about them are?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Trieste

I've read all of them, and I love them. I just finished Outlaw Demon Wails... I've been reading them as they come out, though, since about the second or third book, and reading them that way means I've been fuzzy on a few details. So I envy you in reading them back to back.

Then again, it could be that I, too, have a penchant for idiot boyfriends, so I sympathise quite a lot with the main character on that front. :P

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Trieste

Yes, if slightly frustrating. I haven't thrown any books across the room since the third Harry Potter book, but there are a couple times I come close to it with the Rachel Morgans ... in a fun way. "Will you just fucken kiss already? Jesus" or something similar. ... Harrison really draws you into the characters. They're good books.

HairyHeretic

Read the first one, haven't gotten around to the rest yet. A pretty decent read, as I recall.

I can suggest a few others in the same genre if you're interested.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

I've read them all as well. Even bought the latest one in hardback.
Nice character development, an interesting world is created and Harrison knows how to pace her action and keep focused.

Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0