roleplaying registry list

Started by RperSeeker69, March 19, 2024, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RperSeeker69

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to look over my query. I have noticed that the roleplaying registry list is outdated and hasn't been posted in for 120 days for most of them. I was hoping to put my name into some of those so guess I am inquiring is there anything being done about it? I know I read there was a way to create a new one but it requires 10 members which not sure I have the right pull to even have that many people interested. 

For example I was going to post that I am a canon rper but yeah wasn't sure I was going to post in that one just cause nobody has posted in that one for a while now. There were others in similar state and I know this is meant to make finding rpers a little easier. Do I still post in these topics or wait till someone else starts another or maybe they have and I am just blind. I'm just hoping for people to find me out and rp. Thanks again.

Oniya

Registry lists are maintained by their creators - if you're unsure about the status of a particular registry, the best thing to do is contact the original poster directly, especially if there are 'interest posts' that aren't reflected in the initial post.  When a registry reaches the minimum of 10 members, then that O.P is also responsible for contacting Staff to request addition to the 'master list'. 

As far as getting yourself noticed, the most effective thing is to interact with people.  As a canon RPer, you might check in either Off Topic or On Topic for people talking about your particular fandom(s) - or start a thread about it/them yourself!  Interactions lead to more people learning about you, as well as seeing those links in your signature.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

RperSeeker69

Thank you for that. I have decided to take a chance and post in the registry ones that apply to me and hope for the best there. It has been 120 days since anyone posted in most of those but even so long as they aren't like outright locked me just having something out there is better than nothing at all.

I will take your words under advisement as far as getting out there and being found. I do admit I often struggle with that and putting myself out there so like the above guess it is needed. There is still much for me to navigate in my time on here.

BlueOrange

As someone with a reasonable track record of getting myself into games, I reckon you’re doing lots of the right things. Your OOs are clear and readable, and your seeking post is nicely laid out with lots of ideas that are nicely explained. If I was planning to be more active than I am at the moment, I think I’d have PMed you.

If you have time to browse the site and insert yourself into some of the conversations, then that can generate some visibility. My first writing partner on E did their application at the same time I did: it can be easier in some ways to find your feet with other people who are doing the same, and the fresh recruits are often really eager to get started.

I expect that you’ll make friends and writing partners as quickly as any of the rest of us do. 

RperSeeker69

Thank you for responding. Also for your kind words...I have been trying. I am trying to pop in where I can while also editing my O/O just to flesh it out. I've been rping for a bit outside of this place but hoping for a new avenue of rping to come in new adventures on here.