News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Counsellor/Vulcan

Started by Legman, April 18, 2012, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legman

Oh much better... *looks up at you*
-Legman
Legman Looking for Ladies (M for F)
A/A. Updated  April  2021. O/Os

sarasnowe

((kk, starting over in full character form with Autumn and para posts ^__^ ))

Autumn came into the room behind him, all business now. She strode across the office to grab her clipboard and view his chart. He would be fun and challenging practice for her counselor's training. She cocked her hip to the side and became suddenly conscious of her teeny shorts shifting higher; thinking she probably should have worn her uniform dress today. But it was just too hot for that itchy old thing and as far as she had known when she'd left her quarters on Starfleet Academy's campus that morning she wasn't due for any appointments today. Her office was located in the Academy's teaching hospital on the floor with all the other medical cadets. They thought themselves to be big shots compared to the lowly Psychologist to be; the only one in their class. She turned back to him, leaning back on her desk and laying his chart down, crossing her arms across her chest - mostly out of a habitual stance but partially because she was worried he could see through the tank top she wore and didn't want to seem even more unprofessional than she already did in her skimpy civvies. "So, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" she prompted him, trying to seem candid but it came across as uneasy and unsure of herself. The young cadet nervously dragged a hand through her thick dark tresses and pulled them across one shoulder, petting and patting them down into place as her other hand fidgeted with the hem of her white top.
Still trying to figure out how to thread this so here's my Ons & Offs for now --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=34316

Legman

*begins speaking in a quiet but controlled voice. Looking at the wall just next to the counsellors head. * "i'm S'Jenes science officer aboard the USS Ticonderoga. My captain ordered me here. It's all there in your data pad"
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn sighed, lowering her head for a moment and pinching the bridge of her nose lightly between her fingers. Another aloof and frosty science officer, and he was a Vulcan to boot. This could prove to be interesting... she thought for a moment hidden behind her curtain of dark hair before she looked back up at him, "Well maybe I wanted to hear it from you. If I wanted to know your name and assignment I could have checked any number of files and you wouldn't have had to even show up to this session." she chuckled softly and hopped up to have a seat on the edge of her desk, leaning back on her hands to get comfortable. There was no chance in making this emotionless being uncomfortable at the sight of her, and even if there was he should have been able to control it anyway. "Now tell me about yourself. Not just who you are and what you do."
Still trying to figure out how to thread this so here's my Ons & Offs for now --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=34316

Legman

(I'm used to doing rp on IM so my replies might be a bit on the short side for you. I'm sure they'll get longer as time goes on. Sorry.)
-Legman

sarasnowe

(( it's perfectly alright, don't worry ^___^ ))

Legman

*Eyes move away from the wall to steer directly at her now sitting on her desk. This was very unusual for Starfleet even if she was new. * I was relieved 3 weeks ago. They said I was acting  elogically."
-Legman

sarasnowe

"Care to...elaborate?" the half-betazoid female asked him, her dark irisless eyes blinking at him; truly concerned now that this wasn't just another cold case they had thrown her way. Something was really wrong with this guy. Her breath hitched in her throat when his penetrating gaze landed on her. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but if you're like most of my patients you want a clean bill of mental health ASAP."

Legman

"To make this as quick as possible is only logical. The first action my captain noted was when I did not doublecheck the calculations for a science probe" *why was she sitting like that? It was very strange. I must centre myself *
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn nodded, wanting him to continue with whatever the list he had in his head to rattle off. She picked up her PADD and its stylus and began to make notes on the new file she created for him. "What affect did this have on the mission? Was it serious? And how many more instances has something along those lines happened, that caused your captain to worry? she offered, giving him an idea of where to go with it.

Legman

"the mission was not successful. It was the first time it had happened on the cruise. But there were other lapses." *He looked at her working on his file. He moved to get up but didn't.**
-Legman

sarasnowe

"I see....do you mind telling me about the other lapses in your logic, Mister...S'Jenes. Did I pronounce that correctly?" she finished, her eyes coming up suddenly to meet his, a hint of a smile showing in them as she peeked over the PADD she held close to her face.

Legman

"Your pronunciation is satisfactory. It is impossible for you to actually pronounce it. The rest were the same sort of mistakes. A first year would not make them.". He could feel something happen when he looked into her eyes. What was it?*
-Legman

Legman

(You okay? Technical gremlins? Not feeling it? Haven't heard from you in a while.....    :-(  )
-Legman

sarasnowe

(( sorry, roomie finally woke up and we only had fifteen minutes for her to get dressed and us to run to the caf before it closed so we could eat. lol ))

"Mhmm...well it seems to me that you may be suffering from stress induced anxiety, which is causing you to slip up in ways that you normally wouldn't. Have you been feeling...particularly tightly wound lately?" she asked, scootching off of her desk and walking over to sit on the cushy arm of the oversized chair he was in and cautiously laid a hand on his arm, giving it a soothing pat, "Do you give yourself time to relax and release?"

Legman

-Legman

Legman

*He felta burst of the emotion when she touched his arm. Didn't she know about physical contact? He must control this. He looked at her hand noticing her rnail polish. * ""Stress? Sets reactions are emotion based. Therefore no.".
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn saw him glance at her hand and pulled back suddenly, thinking she had done something wrong. Platonic physical contact was recommended as a method of reassurance. Maybe she'd missed the chapter on how to soothe irritable Vulcans who didn't want and refused to accept your help. She looked at him, "Everyone gets stressed. Different people - and races - handle it differently but no matter how hard you try to control and ignore it, the fact of the matter is it's still acting upon that brain of yours." she tried again with the contact, placing a hand on his forehead and running her fingertips back through his hair. Perhaps a reaction other than that of a stoic hardass really did require physical stimuli.

Legman

Again with the physical contact. What were they teaching them here? He considered polling away but such an action would be undignified.... But....Her hand was soft he had to say that.* "what would you suggest?"
-Legman

sarasnowe

Sensing him soften up she couldn't help but give him a small smile, "Well, what are some of your interests? I love to sing, so when I'm feeling overwhelmed I turn to my music. Believe me, it gets tough working with uncooperative patients all day everyday." she teased him, resting her hand on his shoulder, "So what do you do to unwind? Even Vulcans must have some hobbies." she suggested, but was unsure of what she'd said. Did they have hobbies? She hadn't met many Vulcans and this was the first time one of them hadn't come in for just a routine check-up on their mental state before leaving just as quickly as they came.

Legman

"We meditate. But we can appreciate music, as a technical challenge not in the expression of emotion." *He couldn't stop from looking into her dark eyes at that moment. How would she take this? emotion was all about her use of music.*
-Legman

sarasnowe

"I like that you can appreciate the challenge it holds as an art and a science. Not many people do..." she thought of her father who had pressured her into doing this when all she'd wanted to do was act and sing. The ability she had to convey her emotions in the way most other people couldn't would have really helped her career start up. But he wanted her to use the gift passed down from her mother for the good of the Federation and serve them in anyway she could, "Now then, why don't we try some meditation, if that's what works for you?" she said, changing the subject quickly before going back to her desk to push play on the touch screen panel she'd had built into it for easy access to her music at all times. An interface she'd developed played the music the listener wanted to hear based on her perception of their taste and mood which she relayed back to it. She handed him a pair of wireless ear buds that would transmit his music to him and block out everything but her thoughts and his during their meditation.

Legman

"This is not the normal way of doing things. The techniques have been passed down thousands of years I am not sure that... You would be able to improve upon them." *Watching her reaction to this challenge to her. At least she had stopped touching him.*
-Legman

Legman

(How is this going for you? Are you enjoying it? Strictly in a pg13 way of course)
-Legman

sarasnowe

Autumn stiffened and tried to keep from grinding her teeth in anger at his words, "Well..obviously your eons of perfecting it aren't working too well for you if you're making mistakes even a kid wouldn't make. So how about you try my approach - humor me please? And if it doesn't work we'll go from there. Unless of course you just haven't been doing your meditation on your own like you should, in which case this is a matter you should try to handle on your own and stop wasting my time." she finally spoke. Her tone was even and there was a cheery chirp in her voice but he was lucky he didn't see the fire burning in her eyes with her back to him. "Your call."

She wondered if he was used to people - especially inferiors - talking to him in such a way. She wondered how he felt about it. She let her thoughts go where they may, already close to her own zen as the image of his lovely lips pursed in frustration or his brows knitted together at her unconventional methods drifted into her mind's eye. She wanted to kiss those worry lines away and really knock him off his feet. If he couldn't handle a hand on his arm then she'd likely shut him up for life if she were to plant one on him.