Mutants and Masterminds 3e [NC/Ex]

Started by Jaded, May 31, 2016, 08:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on June 02, 2016, 11:40:43 AM
If you like, we can even use that story as backstory for the two of them, since the GM would like our characters to have a connection or team background.  This way, Myriad would recognize Coral, and Coral would recognize the unreadable mind of Myriad, though probably not her current faces...

Depending on how well she adapts to 3e, she could be Myriad Inc. Her own PR firm who handles her movie career(s), other Metas and such. Richer, many be more bodies and better trained or just a BIT more powefprful than she was physically.

Muse

*waves*  Good to see you again, TAgan!  *Blushes*  Going to be great to game with you again, whatever the gorup configuration. 

Here's my first draft.  I have 16 points available... 

Oh, wait.  Not supposed to leave google documnet links in the public poritons of the site.  Sorry of the formating comes up crap, It'll be prettier when we get it from the character sheet thread: 

Name:         Niobe Daniels
Pseudonym:      Winterstar
Build Points:   150
   Attributes      32
   Abilities      23
   Advantages   4
   Defenses      30
   Powers      45   =134
Concept:      Ice Girl
Faith:         Roman Catholic
Origin:      
Race:         Caucasian

Birthday:      November 11th
Sexuality:      Bi
height:         5’10”
Weight:      155lbs
Measures:    34”C, 24” 30”
Skin:         Creamy fair. 
Hair:         White gold. 
Eyes:      Luminous Azure
Style:      See Image

History:      The second daughter of Kevin and Rosemary Daniels--successful lawyers living in WAshington, DC--Niobe and her elder sister Margaret had the freedom and resources to pursue their dreams growing up.  Both girls were self motivated go getters who loved reading, arts and crafts, and clothes. 
Margaret excelled in both school, then college, ultimately pursuing a career as a social worker.  She also loved music and had some renown as a chorister. 
Just as intelligent and gifted as her elder sister, Niobe didn’t do quite so well.  Though extremely motivated, she lacked her sisters focus.  Her grades in school bounced chaotically--showing straight As one month, barely passing the next.  She started and then dropped fan fiction projects as soon as the next book caught her eyes.  Her (much older) cousin Gabriel--a professional fantasy novelist--told her she had the potential for professional level work, encouraging her where others who took her writing seriously never got past chiding her for never finishing a project. 
Niobe bounced around in athletic fields as well, Soccer, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Tai Chi, and Wu Shu, she spent a year or more studying each of these before her 21st birthday, but only ice skating could really hold her attention. 
Indeed, it was only when gliding over the ice on a cold winter night that her mind really went quite. 
   After washing out of a prestigious college at 21, Niobe’s family finally took the idea that something might be wrong with their daughter seriously.  Taken to an expert diagnostician, ADHD flags went off in the doctor’s mind almost immediately, but he took his time to run all the proper tests before declaring the diagnosis and prescribing a careful regime of advanced medicine and cognitive therapy. 
   After the initial period of adjusting to the medication was past, Niobe complained to her loved ones that it was too strong, she was having trouble getting any motivation at all. 
   Gabriel Brewer invited her to spend some time at his home outside of Seattle.  During those years, her cousin--17 years older than she but not really showing it--instructed her in meditation and martial arts--things he used to help cope with his schizophrenia--and asked her to workshop his writing, offering to do the same for her. 
   In celebration of Niobe’s first publication, Gabriel took her to a ski resort.  They spent several weeks enjoying winter sports, and each noticed that the other had an uncommonly high tolerance for cold. 
   Niobe was almost twenty five on the seventeenth day of their vacation.  The two were skiing down a difficult slope when a minor earthquake sent a massive avalanche down the mountain.  Displaying superhuman strength and speed, Gabriel grabbed Niobe and leaped with her onto a high, solid rocky outcropping, then reached out with iridescent auras too snag fallen skiers up there with them. 
   Niobe was shocked to recognize the powers of the costumed hero Dragonline.  She could also see that it wasn’t going to be enough.  She had an intuitive understanding of snow and ice and knew that this was going to crush the resort below was going to be smashed to flinders with everyone in it if the snow had time to build up speed. 
   As if flexing a muscle she’d always had but never thought to use, Niobe raised a great wall of ice before the avalanche, halting most of the snow and shifting the rest clear of the resort! 
   She didn’t see the full of it.  What seemed so easy at first strained her so much she fainted and fell off the rock. 
   “It runs in our family,” Gabriel explained when she woke the next day.  “It always skips generations.  It’s always accompanied by some form of usually minor mental instability--my schizophrenia's a little on the harsh side compared to your ADHD, but nothing modern medicine can’t handle.  During World War Two, our grandmother donned the mantle of Mariah to fight crime in on the home front with the power of the wind.  We suspect her grandfather fought for the Union during the civil war using biomagnetic powers like mine.  It seems you have the gift too.” 
   (They Call the Wind Mariah)
   He offered her a blue half mask adorned with crystal snowflakes.  “Shall we see what you’re capable of, Winterstar?” 

Motivation:      
Complications:      

Attributes:
Strength         2
Stamina         2
Agility         4
Dexterity         2
Fighting         2
Intellect         2
Awareness         0
Presence         2

Defenses:                 Defense      Resistance
Dodge      6   +4   +0   =+10
Parry         8   +2   +0   =+10
Fortitude      10   +2   +0   =+12
Toughness      --   +2   +0   =
Will         6   +0   +0   =+6

Skills: 
Acrobatics               6   +4   +0   =+10   
Athletics               6   +2   +0   =+8
Close Combat: Simple Weapons   6   +2   +0   =+8
Deception               0   +2   +2   =+4
Expertise: Creative Writing      6   +2   +0   =+8      
Insight               0   +0   +0   =+0
Intimidation               0   +2   +0   =
Investigation            0   +2   +0   =
Gather Information         0   +2   +0   =
Perception               4   +2   +0   =+6
Persuasion               4   +2   +2   =+8
Ranged Combat: Cold Control   8   +2   +0   =+10
Sleight of Hand            0   +2   +0   =
Stealth               0   +   +0   =
Technology               0   +2   +0   =
Treatment               2   +2   +   =+4
Vehicles: Automobile         2   +2   +0   =+4

Advantages:
1   Attractive
2   Gear
1   Precise Shot

Powers: 
Cold Control
20   Cold Blast 10:Ranged Affliction (cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated)
1   Flash Freeze 10: Ranged Weaken Toughness, Affects Only Objects
1   Ice Binding 6: Ranged Cumulative Affliction (ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Extra Condition, Limited Degree
1   Ice Blast 10: Ranged Damage (cold and bludgeoning or slashing)
1   Ice Blade 10: Penetrating Damage +10
1   Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction (ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone), Alternate Resistance, Extra Condition, Limited Degree

Creature of Winter
10   Immunity to Cold Effects
2   Ice Walking (Movement 1, environmental adaptation: Ice.) 
1   Permeate through Ice and Snow at ¼ Normal Speed
1   Senses: Infravision
2   Snow Shoes (Movement 2: Traceless, Water Walking, limited to snow.) 
4   Speed Skating (Speed 4: 500’/Round, 16MPH)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tagan

Well, both characters are slightly more powerful.  Power level 10 vrs power level 8.

They've obviously matured.  :)

And, Hi Muse!  Want to think up a shared background with between Tia and Winterstar?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on June 02, 2016, 11:48:19 AM
Well, both characters are slightly more powerful.  Power level 10 vrs power level 8.

They've obviously matured.  :)

Question is..does she still blush when Myriad flirts?

Tagan

Callie Del Noire

Thing is I suck at building for 3e and it look like you already got enough to play and it will tomorrow before I have access to Hero Lab an my books

Pumpkin Seeds

Just talk to Jaded and see what she says.

Tagan

Hmm.

I think I could recreate Myriad for 3E.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Tagan on June 02, 2016, 02:39:07 AM
Nice character Pistoleer!  But I"0'm not sure that costume would get a protection bonus.  Except maybe from distraction?  :)

I've picked up a Mutants and Masterminds 3E book, so I'll make the changes necessary to convert Coral.

I will have you know that the latex leggings and bustier are both lined with a fire-retardant kevlar weave!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Lot of it depends on Jaded  how many copies and such

Jaded

Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250371.0
OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250370.0

Please move further discussion to the OOC thread.

Quote from: Ysariel on June 02, 2016, 07:49:50 AM
I'm nearly done. I still need to shave 2pp off, and really can't see where I can trim the build further. O, GM Almighty, bless us with more pp! I will sacrifice a cow!

If people come up with a concept for how their group came together I will probably offer a few PP as a bonus.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 02, 2016, 11:57:34 AM
Thing is I suck at building for 3e and it look like you already got enough to play and it will tomorrow before I have access to Hero Lab an my books

If you want to join you can, though I'll stop recruitment there.  I will also probably need help going through the character sheets to catch any errors if anyone has free time or a program that does it.

Callie Del Noire

How many dupes do you want me to stop at   The old game was 25  I typically had like 6-7 in any given city or location  dublication is pretty potent

Jaded

I'm not sure I'd want to deal with more than a couple at a time to be honest.  It seems like it could get complicated fast to keep track of.  Maybe 5 at a time?  And preferably no more than 2 or 3 in a specific scene?  Assuming that doesn't damage the concept too much.

Callie Del Noire

Typically I had no more than 3 typically aside a few scenes with her 'Coming out' scene having like eight in LA

schnookums

Argh, was about to post a few concepts. Well, put me on the waiting list if someone drops out :)

Pumpkin Seeds

I don't think she was kicking you to the curb shcnookums.  You should go ahead and put in your concept.

Jaded

I wasn't, there is a spot open for him if he has a concept that fits. :-)

schnookums

Oh! Well, awesomesauce. I'm toying with a few ideas, one is a magical heroine (like Zatana or the like), one is an animal themed heroine (like Vixen) but the idea that's currently winning the internal polling is a fire themed speedster named Flashfire.

wander

I was wondering if DC Adventures is a reskin of Mutants and Masterminds 2e or 3e... As I own DC Adventures, have made up a PL 10 character with a power-set like Alan Scott's Green Lantern (though different stats across the board, they're a unique character) and was wondering mainly incase of any vacancies. For more explanation, the character has space flight, general magic/energy awareness, can understand all languages and can create energy constructs or energy blasts from their ring. The ring also connects them to mystical knowledge.

Space for someone like that at all?

Muse

DC Adventures was the prototype for 3rd edtion. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

wander

Reading back, looks like recruitment is filled, I don't see any immediate differences between DC and MM3e, shoulda got in quicker. ^^;

LordRod

Sounds like I won't be able to play based on your criteria, but I greatly look forward to reading it :D
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Foxy DeVille

If there's a waiting list I got a character idea and I have few limits...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Jakita is your standard issue jungle girl with added bonus of animals powers and a French accent.

Jakita de la Jungle - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Taunt

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+11), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise: Wilderness Survival 5 (+6), Expertise: Zoology 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9), Treatment 2 (+3)

Powers
Animal Mimicry: Variable 5 (Action: move; Limited: to Animal Traits)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

Complications
Quirk: Raised by animals, Jeanne tends to ignore or be ignorant of many social customs.
Temper: Her bestial nature makes her quick to anger.

Languages
English, French

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/3, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 35 + Advantages 15 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 150

Also, I've got HeroLab so I could double check sheets for ya.

Jaded

I am going to hold off on adding anyone else for now, but will keep you in mind if there is an opening (or I decide to expand) in the future. :-)  Thanks for your interest!