News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Battletech! Enough said!

Started by Latooni Subota, May 21, 2010, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aether

I understand that, then after the "show" we have what we built into our character, which will be gotten from somewhere, and if its by the character rules, then I wanted to make sure and not pigeon hole myself by writing my character as a part of a house that did not have any mechs I liked.  Thus the idea of going heavy with a choice within my affiliation, yaddi yadda...

No worries, I simply have the xp available when we come to that point.

Skystomp

Can we have our own personal mech, if we take the right traits, one not for use in the show, but one that belongs to us alone? I REALLY REALLY want to get into the cockpit of a Warhammer again.

Do we have to use the Lifepath stuff? I was under the impression we did. If we don't... and we have 6k points to spend, I'd rather go pure points. Am I wrong?
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Paladin

Quote from: Skystomp on June 19, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
Can we have our own personal mech, if we take the right traits, one not for use in the show, but one that belongs to us alone? I REALLY REALLY want to get into the cockpit of a Warhammer again.

Do we have to use the Lifepath stuff? I was under the impression we did. If we don't... and we have 6k points to spend, I'd rather go pure points. Am I wrong?

Everyone else has used the lifeepath stuff, the pur points thing is optional.

Katina Tarask

I didn't think anyone else has used lifepaths; I went pure points, with Allie's approval.  I believe Aether used pure points, and possibly Latooni.  It's a far easier way to go about things.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 19, 2010, 08:03:23 PM
I didn't think anyone else has used lifepaths; I went pure points, with Allie's approval.  I believe Aether used pure points, and possibly Latooni.  It's a far easier way to go about things.

I thought I was using lifepath. *Is so confused now*

Skystomp

You're not alone Paladin. I've been using Lifepaths as well and getting frustrated with the costs to do anything other then 1 specific thing. Was going for a Doctor/Mechwarrior from a Noble House.

Katina Tarask

*Shrug.*  Then just do points.  A lot easier to whip up in Excel.

Skystomp

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 19, 2010, 10:34:49 PM
*Shrug.*  Then just do points.  A lot easier to whip up in Excel.

The problem is, is if its not points and its lifepath, then you will have to remake.

Aether

Lifepaths are neat and add alot of flavor, I think, I really liked what I came up with and you actually get a bit of a point reduction here and there for your troubles.  But when you have +10 -1 traits that you cant buy off, to me, its too much.  And the system breaks down at that point.  Thats simply as I read the rules.

Pure points cuts out the head ache, the pre requ's and some of the guess whether or not you have enough points to get where you want to go after wards.

Mechs you buy in character creation are yours, picked from some undetermined list as of yet as far as I know, and we use them AFTER the Solaris Show.  I have been dreaming of a couple different variations of the Marauder, Riffleman, or the Warhammer...

Latooni Subota

As for me, I use all lights all the time, except for the rare exceptions of: Hunchback, Vulture, Catapult, Longbow . . . I generally tend to use a Dasher, Raven, or a Phoenix Hawk if I have a billion zillion C-Bills lying around. :o

Or something. WHatever. Yes, I used pure points as well, just because I hate the new lifepath system. I MUCH preferred the old lifepaths.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ReijiTabibito

And here I'd forgotten that I could pick whatever BattleMech I liked...staying stuck in the Medium 'Mech mindset... >_<  Well, that'll show me.

Skystomp

Well, rough draft chracter numbers sent to allicat. Here's to hoping that I got it right this time! Hehe

Latooni Subota

Jeez, I still get annoyed at how long this is taken, considering how long ago I sent in my numbers and finished my character XD

I'm so bad. Maybe I'll tweak my numbers a bit.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 20, 2010, 08:16:45 PM
Jeez, I still get annoyed at how long this is taken, considering how long ago I sent in my numbers and finished my character XD

I'm so bad. Maybe I'll tweak my numbers a bit.

Not my fault.

Latooni Subota

Ahh, didn't you know? If you say it's not your fault then it's your fault! You should've stayed silent, Paladin, so someone else would say it! Dun dun dunnn! ;o

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 20, 2010, 08:34:05 PM
Ahh, didn't you know? If you say it's not your fault then it's your fault! You should've stayed silent, Paladin, so someone else would say it! Dun dun dunnn! ;o

Ah yes, but I'm immune to those rules. Its in my contract. I always have to say. "Its not my Fault" therefore its inerintly built into the contract that it really is Not my fault. ;)

Katina Tarask

Except the act of having that in your contract means that it's automatically always your fault.  Poor planning, that.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 20, 2010, 09:22:15 PM
Except the act of having that in your contract means that it's automatically always your fault.  Poor planning, that.

Nope cause I didn't put in the contract. It was in the fine print that I forgot to read at first. ;)

Latooni Subota

You know what, while we're at it, why don't we actually make a list of who is done, or how much progress each person has made. Just for funsies/book-keeping/my own curiosity.

Latooni Subota: Done with everything. Everything. :3

Aether

I have 8 pts to spend on the mech that my character owns.

Character completed above.

I have megamek d/l'ed and on my computer though I dont know how to use it.

I work Fri thru Mon all evenings at gmt-6.

I have msn, gchat and talk and skype.  I am horrible with IRC if someone can talk me through it I may be able to navigate it.

Skystomp

Eunice "Doc" Brown, finished with rough draft pending approval. Background to come. So... 1/2 way done.

Paladin

PAladin: MAybe Halfway through creation and still needing help.

Do not have this Mega program and if it costs money, I won't be having it wich means I will have to drop out but I doubt I will be missed.

Latooni Subota

What is it that you don't understand, anyways? I find it hard to believe that you couldn't figure out the system after being able to read the book for this long, no offense. What did you get hung up on?

Katina Tarask

Really, there's not much to help with.  The table on page 85 is nearly all you need.  Just take that, reference the skill and trait lists, slap something together in Excel and you're set.  Mecha are later, and most money matters can be ignored for now.