Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostlyPresence

Honestly tempted to join this. Been wondering where is the Mortal Kombat fan base around here. Though still kind of new here, so not really sure where is everything. Mind helping me out? Like where is the whole thread for this thing and whatnot?

Inerrant Lust

The OOC is here.

The IC is here.

Feel free to drop by, and let me know what you'd like to play or see in the RP.

AffablyEvil

I'd be interesting in joining, but I haven't really done a group RP before + I am confused what I should do if a char dies. From what I've seen, only some have made new chars after their char die. Is this because they're usually not allowed, or because they just didn't want to?
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Inerrant Lust

Nobody's really died yet- we just have lost a few due to inactivity or inability to continue for one reason or another. I intend to be fairly vague in the future about those... they could be reasonably handwaved as casualties of the big brawl occurring right now in the IC... but if the players want to come back, that won't be completely implausible either.

Dying is entirely optional, as well. And even if your character does die, I have no desire to keep anyone from 'rerolling' or even playing multiple characters simultaneously.

AffablyEvil

Ah okay. Well I will think about it and try to get updated and such then.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

ManofDawnLight

Interested.  Can I join after it starts?  I'm a little busy with my own stories right now.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Laughing Hyena

Inerrant Lust

Feel free to post in the OOC thread and join in. I wanted the game to be fairly free-forming so characters can come and go (Afterall, this is Mortal Kombat and there will be death...) but it applies to players as well. You can play canon NPCs too if you wish.

XxPersephonexX

I want to fuck you like an animal
I want to feel you from the inside
I want to fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god

Laughing Hyena

Nope. Head to the OOC right underneath this sentence. Mingle, make your interests known there too and IL will be right with you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190379.0

Inerrant Lust

I watch this thread too. :P

But Hyena's right- I have been writing things in a way that allows for characters to come and go without much disruption in the plot.

DinaFlower

I do not know a lot about MK.. I hope this is okay. It has a really weak back story. =(

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Nami
Profession: High School
Origin: Earthrealm (Japan)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Hand axes and a long spear
Fighting Style: A kind that I just thought of. She Fights with Viking axes. But she is not aggressive like the Vikings. Her style is all about defenses. She will just keep knocking away attacks until she sees the prefect time to attack. With her spear it is all about control. She uses the range to control the movements of the other fighter until they slip up and then she attacks..Alignment: Natural.

About Nami: Nami was born into a family of material artist. Her Family did everything from GJJ, to Kempo, to Muy Thi. If you can think of it, some one in her family had their finger in it. Though Nami found other interest. At a young age the girl found her self obsessed with Vikings. Nami got two axes for her sixth birth day and started training with them. Though her family did not train her to fight like a Viking. They taught her to fight like a tournament fighter.

By the time she was 13 the girl had already won seven tournaments. Though anyone that has not seen the girl fight would laugh in your face if you told them that. Out side of the ring the girl is sweet and silly. She does not come across as someone that would fight at all.

She is now 16 with 23 tournament wins. She has not lost a fight yet. She is her family's master piece. She goes to school full time and trains four hours a day. When the invite for the Mortal Kombat tournament came. Her family did not hesitate to send her.

OOC Notes Nothing to add here.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death((If it helps move the story)).

Laughing Hyena

Dina, there is a link right here. Games already up but as before it is still very much open. Mingle and send your sheet there and IL will be right with you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190379.0

^_^

PS - the year is 1577. So there may need to be adjustments in your back story to reflect this. Just a heads up.

DinaFlower

Thank you very much! I SOOO misread the time... For some reason I was thinking it was 2577 lol

I switched it up and posted! =)

Inerrant Lust

This is still ongoing, though there is a need for earthrealm characters at the moment. :P