Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

In fact, I'm thinking let's go Raphael was sold to join with promises of wealth but found out what was really on the line later. Maybe after sleeping with a female outworlder, I don't know. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

LeSane

Cerberus would sorta be a neutral factor in this tournament since he's been a watch dog of his realm. I figure he would help those that keep his plain as it was or for it to prosper in somehow. I doubt he would want a prize unlike he others. Maybe if he could go to his orgin in earthrealm he would help he or she whom offered. Maybe he things he's been there for a short period of time since he can't fully grasp the concept that he is living for such a long time.

I'm still in. Oh I am in lol.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Dhi

I decided to simply name her Medusa since Reptile and Khameleon are apparently those characters' real names. If that's too on the nose, I also like the name Saturnine.

Inerrant, I wrote her with the assumption that the Saurians are already conquered since I didn't see an answer for that. If they aren't, I'll be happy to change her story to match.

Medusa
Profession: Slavemaster
Origin: Zaterra
Resides: Outworld
Species: Saurian Noble
Weapons: None
Fighting Style: Baji Quan
Alignment: Evil

About Medusa: The Saurians of Zaterra were already poised to lose the Mortal Kombat Tournament to the forces of Outworld when Medusa, a member of the noble caste, was sent to Shao Kahn's court to placate the enemy. It was not long after that Zaterra lost its tenth tournament, and its world was annexed. Though the lower caste of the Saurians were deemed unreliable servants, Medusa had already esteemed herself to the emperor- she possessed an almost religious need to subjugate lesser creatures.

Although her loyalty was now to the emperor, Medusa retained her status as surrogate to the matriarch of Saurian society. Her presence in Shao Kahn's court has allowed his Saurian slaves to retain their human bodies and intelligent minds, in order to better serve. This perversion of the natural order of Zaterra made her a traitor to Saurians.

With the most strong-willed warrior women of Earth laid out before the emperor like a buffet, Medusa's role in the tournament is quite simply to break them for use as the emperor's consorts. Even if Outworld does not claim Earth this tournament, it will not be a total loss for Shao Kahn.

OOC Notes: Medusa's petrification is temporary and consciously activated, like Sub-Zero's freeze.
I'm willing to stray into my offs, such as gore and M/F, for the sake of the story. Anything M/F would have to be non-consensual.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, NC, death.

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 19, 2013, 07:10:38 PMAlso, are there any canon characters you guys would like to interact with?
I've always liked Mileena. A little interaction with the major evil characters (Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel) would be cool.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mystic Mika

So, is this still hapening or did I miss something?
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

MzHyde

I'm fairly sure it died a while ago.

Inerrant Lust

I'm going to the field in like, 2 weeks, so I've decided to hold off on this. Plus when I tried to prod something of a roll call out of everyone, there was something of a limited response. :P

When I get back in late November, I might just take advantage of that fancy banner ad service at the top.

Inerrant Lust

So, now that I'm back... who is still interested in this? And is there anyone new? :P

Muse

Hi I.L.  Welcome back.  :)  I'm sitll interested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

Kind of, actually. Though I'd be a bit slow since I'm NaNoWriMo-ing this year.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kadigan

LeSane

'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Teo Torriatte

I'd be interested if there is still room.

Dhi

My interest depends on there being a sizable enough female population that F/F is feasible, and a sizable enough evil population that I have wicked people to interact with.

Inerrant Lust

Alright, I'll make an OCC thread tonight, with sheets and the like.

Inerrant Lust

TheVillain

Thanks chief, will be posting a sheet when I have a few minutes.

Mystic Mika

The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Hazel

Interested, I'll mull over a character if you're still taking them.

Inerrant Lust

Hazel

My first guy. He's neutral. His story has a bit of cannibalism in it, but no details into it. not really sure about him though.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Origin: Earth Realm
Resides: East coast of North Americas
Species: Human Transformed Wendigo
Weapons: Hands
Fighting Style: Hand to Hand
Alignment: Neutral
Physical Description:When he is a normal human He's 5"10'. With black hair and black eyes, not very built with white skin. When he transforms, He's 6"9'. His extremities are stretched and he looks emaciated.

Roger was born into a time of colonization and travel he was never given a chance to decide where he was going. His family grew up poor somewhere in England, and barely had anything besides a roof over their head and some chickens. Word was spreading of a mission to a foreign land, with land as far as a man could walk in a week. His mother and father had sent him on a mission to a new world, hoping that he would bring them riches back if he ever returned. They received some support since they had sent their own boy, and were unable to work as best they could.

The voyage was long and cold, with barely any room to move and even less so to eat as the time went by. Roger made his time above the deck as much as he could, thought the lack of shade from the sun was the worst part though worth it to him. Soon enough they started to run low on food, and people were becoming scared. People had started to cause a fuss when they first sighted land finally after 3 months. They set up quickly and to the best they could. Roger was kept as a servant, bringing food and drink to the workers as they returned from the day out in the field. It wasn't long before winter was upon them, the food was gone and the natives were unhappy. The settlers had taken to raiding the tribe instead of asking for help. Roger knew this would never end well, so he never ate any of the food they brought back, nor did he ever take part in any raids against them.  The attack came in the night, and was over quickly. He was lucky to survived the attack, as he had been out trying to find food. When he came back, It was nothing short of a massacre. Everyone was dead, and there was no trail of anyone being there in the fine snow that had fallen the day before. He was terrified, cold and hungry, and that was before the attack. He was so lost in his hunger that he set upon the bodies, eating what he could. Soon he fell asleep, only to awaken even hungrier. He continued eating the bodies, growing thinner and thinner as he did, growing with his hunger. Soon he had eaten all the bodies, and was searching for more, his mind lost to his hunger and his ability to think was fading away as time went by.

Soon, he had started to find the native settlements around him. He started to feed on them, dragging men and woman alike away to feed on them. The natives had a superstition against beast i the woods, called a wendigo. They performed many rituals and sacrifices, but this never sated rogers hunger. This lasted the whole winter, until the spring came and he began to regain his control. Soon ships fro the main land began to come back with supplies, but soon realized that it was of no use. Taking Roger back with them, and the many things he had gathered from the natives he had killed.

On his return he began to look for buyers to for his things, never telling of how he had gathered them. They sold for quite a sum, since they were from the new world. This allowed him to buy in on many royalties, soon he was dancing with the king and queen. Living the high life, and trying to make sure he never transformed back into that thing again. Though word did spread around of the lone survivor of the lost mission, he thrilled many with his tales. this lasted for awhile, his tales wooing many and bringing much promise. Then one night came when a mysterious man came to him, and asked him to fight for him. The fate of earth was at risk, and his ability would prove useful. He agreed, once again traveling into a new world that he might not come back from.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, NC, death.

My second guy, has ties with the first. He's good. I didn't mean for it to be so long.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Origin: Fleeting Wind
Resides: East coast of North Americas
Species: Human (Native American)
Weapons: Hands, Tomahawk, Sword
Fighting Style: Hand to Hand
Alignment: Good
Physical Description: Tall and straight standing. Black hair on top. Rough skin, that's a light color. (yup) Very muscular, but it's all lean.

His childhood had land had stretched as far as he could go. His tribe was one of the few in the area near the coast, and enjoyed trading between them. He had enjoyed chasing after the animals in his youth, learning to hunt and fight like his father and the other warriors. As he grew older and with his training, he was a mighty warrior indeed. One day some strange people had come onto their land near the shore. His tribe watched from a distance, as they went about their life's but never tried to contact them. The tribe shaman had said to stay away, from them as they gave off a black aura evil. He picked some warriors to watch them as they grew settled, Sending Fleeting Wind as on of them.

that same year, the settlers had started to starve and looked in vain for food. They had no hunters and knowledge of land like his tribe had, and he had felt terrible for them. Everyone knew that going against the shamans words, was a sentence for exile. So when one of the settlers had stumbled upon the camp, they had chased after him but he had gotten away. It was soon after that they started to raid them. Coming in the dead of night, they took food and animals, and left without a sound. They knew the settlers wouldn't last long even with the food they had stolen. So they asked the shaman if they could, attack them and end their misery. The shaman let them, but on the condition the not one of them survive. The day after they were raided, they moved onto the settlers small town. they showed no mercy to any one, and burned down everything they could find. If there was a survivor, they would be killed in the night. Fleeting Wind knew that their lives would be at peace again, and was happy to return to the campfire in his tent that night.

Several months later, the surrounding tribes had began telling tells of a man coming into their camps at night and stealing men, women, and children into the night. Frightened whispers began to spread about the windigo, and soon they had the shaman do banshing rituals against them. Fleeting Wind had never heard of them, so he asked his his shaman on night as they gathered around the fire. It is a man that has been lost to corruption and evil. Having tasted the flesh of his fellow man, he begins to go insane and feed only on others flesh. consumed by a terrible unending hunger, they eat anything they can find. Wearing their skins as clothes, and searching every where for food. I have, Slowly the shaman spoke. I have never seen one of these ever, but the shaman before had spoken of them. Telling me of what I was to do if one had eve appeared. Nothing can stop them, only by either doing a banishing ritual, or a sacrifice can save a tribe from them. Shaken by this, fleeting wind only could hope for better days, and that this never cam to his tribe.

Soon the other tribes started to disappear. The only thing that remained was the place where they had set up there tents. There was never any survivors, and Fleeting wind had known that it was coming for the. People had started to go missing, but the tribe did it's banishing rituals in vain. Soon they started trying to sacrifice things to it. Chickens and other animals at first, basic meat from their hunts that they could spare. People continued to disappear. Soon the warriors had begun hunting for it, none of the ever returned. The shaman had come to Fleeting wind in the night, and told him of a blade that would be able to kill a wendigo. It was made of a humans ones, and white as fresh laid snow. He was told to go and kill the wendigo,  before it killed the rest of the tribe. Fleeting wind thanked the shaman, and started his search for the wendigo. Many moths past as he sought him, and soon it was winter again. following a trail of blood and various other things from a body, he came to a cave. drawing the blade he went into the cave, knowing that he might never come out again.

Inside the cave he found the floor slick with blood. Continuing onward, he soon found the end filled with rotting corpses of every beast he had known, and several bodies he recognized as man. Looking around he soon found that, it was not there. thinking of a plan, he hid under the many corpses, and waited for the wendigo to return. It was many hours as he sat there, but it wasn't long before it came. Using the elemt of supirse he fought tit toth and nail. It was a long brutal fight for both. He had defeated the wendigo, and had saved his tribe.

Returning to his tribe, he saw the shaman conversing with a strange man.  As he drew  closer the man spoke, "So the mighty wendigo killer returns." Smiling as he approached. "I hope you enjoyed your journey back home"Said the shaman teary eyed. Fleeting wind did not understand, He had defeated a evil, why was he crying? You have been chosen to fight in mortal kombat, and will fight for this earth." Said the strange man. You have more then proven your worth to join us. My name is raiden, and we should continue on our way before it starts.Fleeting wind, didn't understand, but he went along, follwing the strangers directions, and heading towrads where he was meant to go. 

I'll change them both as I need to, so they can fit in the plot and other things.

Edit: changed both of them up.

Inerrant Lust

Well, I would say that most of the players here (myself included) might be more inclined towards any sort of sexiness with a character somewhat more... human in appearance for Roger, and perhaps a younger one in the case of Fleeting Wind. :P

Although it depends and I'm certainly not going to try to crimp your style. While my own personal tastes vary- monstrous beasties and creatures can be appealing given the right circumstances... as well as significantly older partners (one of my big ons is contrast between characters), but I can't speak for everyone else. For awhile I assumed Roger was merely a man who could transform (or his 'true form' was quite monstrous)

You might also considering working a bit with Muse, who is also playing a native american character.

Saphir

...Good to see this is back to life. And Outworld is in need of combatants. Count me back in.

Hazel

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on November 21, 2013, 07:18:07 PM
Well, I would say that most of the players here (myself included) might be more inclined towards any sort of sexiness with a character somewhat more... human in appearance for Roger, and perhaps a younger one in the case of Fleeting Wind. :P

Although it depends and I'm certainly not going to try to crimp your style. While my own personal tastes vary- monstrous beasties and creatures can be appealing given the right circumstances... as well as significantly older partners (one of my big ons is contrast between characters), but I can't speak for everyone else. For awhile I assumed Roger was merely a man who could transform (or his 'true form' was quite monstrous)

You might also considering working a bit with Muse, who is also playing a native american character.

That's actually a much better idea for Roger. I kinda ran wild while making them, just a little bit. I'll change them up, and add in sexiness like my thinking at first. Should be better now. Hopefully.

Faeli

I am throwing my cute hat into this thingie and, as the outlanders seem a bit underrepresented...

Venom
Profession: Gladiator
Origin: Earthrealm
Resides: Outworld
Species: Human
Weapons: Hand-claws
Alignment: Evil

About Venom: Stolen from the human realms when she was a child, Venom was put through the rigors of Outlands gladatorial pits and has lived a life soaked in violence.  She has done well, for a mortal, but has certainly been forced to submit to her captors on more than a few occasions.  She has no idea of who her parents were, or what her name originally was, and has become entirely complacent with Outland's "Might makes right" mentality.

Due to her upbringing, Venom considers it entirely proper and normal for the victor in a tournament to subjigate and enjoy the defeated and, in fact, has not considered the prospect of romance outside of the arena.  Still, she also isn't an exceptionally cruel person, and is instead simply someone who goes through the motions of what she considers to be normal.

However, she is certainly someone who is very good at going through the motions, and it is likely that anyone who convinced her that she didn't have to forcibly take the loser in a bout would be perceived as weak, and suffer all the more penance as a result.

OOC Notes: Venom prefers women to men, since men handed her most of her early defeats.  However, I am OOCly willing to RP any matchup.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, disrobing, forced-exhibitionism, NC, death.