Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

Cerberus
"May you bring me honor in death..."

Real Name
   Badru Khaladin
Profession
   Guardian of Netherrealm
Origin
   Egypt (Earthrealm)
   (reborn in Netherrealm)
Resides
   NetherRealm
Species
   Wraith (formerly Human)
Weapons
   Transformation
It is not a weapon rather it is the embodiment of his the corruption which has taken hold of him showing itself as this form. This causes his skin to be as dense as steel making it a solid defense. Also, this can be used on items that have no lethal edge to the same degree making it immensely strong as long as he has a hold on that item. He becomes supercharged for a time afterwards, hitting harder and causing more damage. However, he is vulnerable while charging and can be stunned with consecutive hits from a strong enough attack. There is a limit to how long Badru can maintain this form for a duration of three minutes and once it is spent there is no second chances. Any attempt will cause his physical integrity to waver before fully vanishing back to Netherrealm.
Fighting Style
   Shokan (fighting style)
   Kuatan (fighting style)
Both come from Shokan people though he is not fully mastered it due to not having four arms like the race itself, but is considered adapt enough to compensate for this overall both styles rely on brute strength, speed, and grappling to keep the opponent on the defensive at all times making it an style to be feared throughout Outworld.
Alignment
   Unwillingly Evil (formerly Neutral)
About... Badru
   Badru's mind is foggy of his past life since becoming a wraith of Netherrealm, yet he can remember one aspect that stands out from everything else. The Battle of Megiddo which was back in 15th century BC the battle was fought between Egyptian forces under the command of Pharaoh Thutmose III and a large rebellious coalition of Canaanite vassal states led by the king of Kadesh. It is the first battle to have been recorded in what is accepted as relatively reliable detail.

He was one of those 10,000-20,000 men whom fought for Thutmose as he was seen a force to be reckoned with due to his large size being considered a giant; blessed by the god Apophis at birth. As the battle waged on warded it was obvious of their victory over the rebellious king which resulted in a rout of the Canaanite forces, which fled to safety in the city of Megiddo. Their action resulted in the subsequent lengthy Siege of Megiddo. Unbenounced to him did he know unknown forces watched the battle singling out might warriors to become part of their ranks. Badru being one of the few had been slain in his home; his soul brought to the depths of NetherRealm and had been given the duty to patrol the realm of intruders.
OOC Notes
   He is a large man standing close to what the shokan are in height, but lacks their massive build since once being human. Since he is now a wraith he's been gifted the of harnessing the darkness around him though it comes with a cost corruption his body over the years via binding him to the will of darker intentions of the ruler of netherrealm.
Permissions
   Matchmaking, Disfigurement, Dismemberment, Non-con
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Inerrant Lust

So I've recently found out that I'll soon be going to a field exercise for 26 days without internet next month, probably from the 16th of October to about Veteran's day. Much longer than I thought it was originally going to be.

Thus we're at an impasse... I could start this game as soon as possible and try to get the gears grinding far along enough that everyone can do their own thing and amuse themselves while I'm gone- even challenge each other to matches or plotting/scheming against each other... or we could wait, like... a month and a half.

I personally prefer the latter- though it runs the risk of people forgetting about this/getting too busy/losing interest between now and then. On the inverse, if we just keep going without me, I don't want this game to fail because of sudden GM hiatus. I am fond of this idea and I'd be loathe to create a third group roleplays wanted thread.

Saphir

Karina

" I will kill anyone who stands in my way, even a god."
Profession: Thief
Origin: Edenia
Resides: Outworld
Species: Half Human/Half Edenian
Weapons: Daggers
Fighting Style:  A mixture of Pi Gua Quan and Ba Ji Quan.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

About Karina:  Karina is the product of Edenian and Human union; her mother was a immortal sorceress named Omegis and her father was a General for the Edenian Army.  When she was born, Karina was left to be raised by her father in Edenia so that Omegis could continue her life of solitude without a worrying over another life to protect. Karina was trained in combat for self defense, never knowing that there would be a day when she would have to utilize her combat skills for survival. As the story goes, Edenia was eventually taken over by Shao Kahn, her father slain in the process defending the realm & his king. Karina herself ended up as a slave to work in the Cobalt Mines of Shokan of Outworld where she remained enslaved for years. Eventually, she attempted an escape by fighting her way out alive. Following her escape from the mines, Karina spent her time as a thief and stole whatever she needed to survive. Once living a prosperous life as daughter of a high ranking Edenian officer and now fights and steals on a daily basis to remain alive, Karina has grown quite bitter towards the emperor & his forces. She wants nothing more than to see his reign come to an end with his head being severed by her blades. For this reason, she wishes to use the tournament as a way to get close to the Emperor and slay him.

OOC Notes I've made her the daughter of an existing Mortal Kombat character from the TV show: Omegis, I will change it if need be. Whether or not her relation to the character comes into play at all is up to the GM.

Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, non-con, mind control/brainwashing.

ShadowFox89

My planned good character:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

And evil guy:

For those who play Legend of the Five Rings. Yes. Yes that guy is who you think he is.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheVillain

Rapheal Bassi

Raphael
Profession: Privateer, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Painter, and Minor Noble
Origin: Earthrealm (Italy)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Fencing Rapier, 2 Parrying Dagger (one clean, one poisoned), Wit, Charm
Fighting Style: Florentine Fencing, Lies and Deception, Cheating
Alignment: Good-ish

About Raphael: Rapheal appears to be a handsome man of strong Italian descent in his late 20's to early 30's. He obviously engages in regular intense exercise and the more martially inclined will probably recognize a skilled fighter of some type in his movements. Most others just assume that he's among the idle rich.

As for his dress, he's known as a rich man, a philanthropist, and an adventurer. Always seeming to have a rainy day account somewhere his clothes are usually tailored custom and not cheap. Usually seen with a cane he doesn't really seem to need. Most assume it's a 'rich eccentric' thing. Those who know of his skill as a swordsman correctly surmise that he keeps a blade in it.

Raphael was Born in Venice, Italy in 1549 AD to a minor noble house. As a lesser noble he led a relatively sheltered life with a classical education in reading, arithmetic, swordsmanship, latin, and politics. Not really making of a mark in the local politics beyond an arranged marriage with another lesser noble house, he usual spent his days using this to his family's advantage dabbling trade while frolicking with multiple mistresses. Unfortunately, he and another noble had an argument over a mutual mistress which led to a duel. He did win but with the scandal of his opponent's death he had to leave Venice for a while to avoid scandal.

On the plus side, his house did have enough pull to get him a ship and with it the rank of Capitano of the Caravel-Class Ship 'L'Isabella', along with the position of Privateer. Essentially a Pirate but with Italy's blessing the Captain actually turned out to be rather good at it. Very profitable, what really took off was his swordsmanship. It is said that he's learned to lie so effectively that he can even fool other fencers in battle, and many an opponent has fallen thinking he would strike from somewhere else entirely. With a knack for feinting his blades became feared across many a trade route, and when he made enough money he bought up a fencing school in his beloved Venice. At least, that's the story anyway - truth is that he's gotten into the local politics much more effectively this time around, not to mention is an absolute scoundrel if the stories among the female nobility of Venice are true.

Invited to the Tournament, Rapheal's discovered the true nature of the Tournament quite by accident - and now intends to work the results in Earth's favor in one way or another whether by his blades or by the notorious "Venetian Politics".

OOC Notes A contender in battle and in politics, and will probably sleep with as many female characters as he can get away with. Heh.
Permissions Match-making, multiple partners, prefer plotted fights but can coin-toss, disfigurement, dismemberment, mind control/brainwashing, death.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Inerrant Lust

Karina's backstory is fine, though I wonder... is she on Outworld's side of the tournament officially? Would be interesting.

Raphael seems fun. Love his 'weapons'. :P

Seems like we'll have a bit of scheming going around.

If we start soon, Shadow said he'd be willing to take over GMing for me while I'm gone, which I'd be fine with if everyone else is. I planned to be very hands-off anyways.  ;)

ShadowFox89

I would mostly be moderating fights, really. Making sure people aren't making themselves unstoppable :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheVillain

Thank you! And I hope so on all counts. Like I hoped I insinuated, I'm okay with a lot of things as long as we talk it over first. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 22, 2013, 05:32:10 PM
I would mostly be moderating fights, really. Making sure people aren't making themselves unstoppable :P

Which shouldn't happen. Above all, nothing should happen to one's character that they haven't already agreed to having happened- unless they purposely waive that beforehand for the sake of drama. :P

Herego, if you put 'No death, no hurting, no rape, no heavy petting, ect.'... then even the most bloodthirsty or sadistic character IC would have to find some sort of way to let them live unadulterated.

Saphir

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 22, 2013, 05:29:10 PM
Karina's backstory is fine, though I wonder... is she on Outworld's side of the tournament officially? Would be interesting.

Technically, yes. She will be fighting on the Emperor's side while silently plotting a way to overthrow and kill him. She could be a good mole for the Earthrealm heroes if they befriend her.

ShadowFox89

Once I get Mr.Green stat'd up Saphir, we should talk a bit. He's going to be from Outworld....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Saphir

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 22, 2013, 06:36:47 PM
Once I get Mr.Green stat'd up Saphir, we should talk a bit. He's going to be from Outworld....

Sounds like a plan.  :D

Laughing Hyena

A Small Preview....

Blood! Darkness! Come unto me!

Just a joke. Heck I don't even have the time for this. Have fun folks. ^_^

TheVillain

All these magical characters make me wonder if I should give something to Raphael.

. . .Nah. He'll just be so good with the swords that he can keep up. Also, Lies and Feinting. :P

Inerrant Lust

The MK-verse has no 'power level' consistency. Assume that the coin-flip rules applies as much for deities and demigods as it does for regular humans.

Also, Johnny Cage inexplicably throws green goo blobs so... there's that.

TheVillain

Dhi

How defined is Outworld now? I only really paid attention to MK 1-3, but it seemed like it was populated by monsters. I notice you're short on Outworld characters and I'm wondering if something like a drider or medusa would be genre appropriate.

Mystic Mika

Name: Kaillei O'rourke
Sex: Female
Nationality: Irish

Fighting Style: Kaillei is a pirate, born off the islands of Galway, and she grew up on the seas. She has great balance and flexibility, high endurance, and killer instincts honed by a harsh life on the high seas. Using a cutlass as her primary weapon, when allowed, she has a body count of 57 professional soldiers and sailors that have tried to bring her in. Even more practiced in the ancient Irish art of "Feck you", she has killed an equally impressive 13 men with the own two hands in brawls and situations where she has been caught without a weapon. Kallei is very sexually expressive, sleeping with both men and women, and she is not above using sex as a weapon or get out of jail tactic.

O/o's : I want Kallei to live, simple enough. I would prefer if she is turned into an outworld sex slave, through magic (Shang Tsung) or because she was so thouroughly dominated.
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Inerrant Lust

So far we have...

Earthrealm
Raiden (GM) - Not participating

Ayumi, the Samurai's Wife (GM)

Rikuya, Guardian of the Mountain (godfang)
Kaillei O'rourke, Privateer Extraordinaire (Mystic Mika)
Ajei, Navajo Demigod (Muse)
Raphael Bassi, Capitani di Ventura (TheVillain)

Neutral
Gilgamesh, Interdimensional Sellsword (BlackestKnight)
Imari, Efreet's Champion (MzHyde)

Outworld
Shang Tsung (GM)
Ieremia Vladimirescu, Vampire Gróf (TheRaven)

Linara, Vampiress Librarian (BarbaraGordon) - Not participating

Cerberus, Khu Warrior (Scarification)
Karina, Slave Princess (Saphir)

Dhi

Have Reptile's people already been conquered by Shao Kahn in 1577?

The MK wiki says this:
QuoteIt is unclear when Zaterra was conquered by Outworld, but Nitara's vampire people kept records of their existence before they were annexed by Outworld as well. The known Saurians also seem to retain no memories of their home world, which suggests that the conquest of Zaterra happened in a distant past.

I could go either way for a medusa character's story, just wondering how you would prefer to run it.

Chaeronea

Quote from: kckolbe on September 15, 2013, 06:20:20 AM
7 years isn't that big a deal.  Not only could an escapee have become a vengeance-sworn warrior by now, there is always the possibility of one of the conquered/killed rising from the grave, Scorpion-style.  I'm tempted to roll up a Greek god of some kind, but not sure.

Would an Aztec warrior seeking supernatural aid against the Spanish conquistadors eitherr to save or avenge his empire, be on the side of Earthrealm or Outworld? Considering the Aztec gods I can easily see them as guises for the cruel rulers of Outworld. On the other hand considering some of the crap Cortez, Pizarro and their minions pulled I could easily see them as agents of Shao Khan's evil.

So what sort of plotlines are being tossed around so far?

EDIT: Oh, what the hell. It's been a long time since I've played Mortal Kombat so I might be a bit fuzzy on the background lore, but this sounds interesting. I'll have a character sheet and background put up later.

Inerrant Lust

Could be either, Chaeronea. One could be convinced to put aside their 'petty' differences to fight the greater evil that is Shao Kahn, or fight in return for some advantage back home... and on the flipside, they could fight on behalf of Outworld for vengeance/power.

Plots so far;
All I have for for Ayumi is that she will hopefully cause a bit of a melee that starts some rivalries. :P
Rikuya's mentor is missing
Kaillei could be in it for a cash reward. :P
Ajei is Raiden's daughter, though he's pretty darn aloof about it.
Raphael's similar to Kaillei. The two might even be acquainted.
Gilgamesh is a trans-universe mercenary.
Imari has a demonic thing attached to her arm and is serving Efreet, who knows what he's after...
Ieremia is at the tournament on behalf of his Dracula-esque master.
Linara is a different breed of vampire than Ieremia- could be an interesting pair.
Cerberus is an undead warrior who could easily switch sides with the right touch...
And Karina may very well be a good guy in the end.

So who do we still have in this? I've been sending a few PMs or waiting on feedback but haven't gotten much back from a few people... I can start this as early as tonight, but I'd like to be sure this doesn't fizzle out immediately again... Those who know me might notice I post group request threads often but don't start the game because I guess you could say I'm worried that people aren't committed. :P

Muse

Oh!  I'm still interested!  I've just been trying to wait patiently. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

Raphael actually does intend to help save Earthrealm, and have an adventure. But yeah, cash would be great too.

Mystic Mika

I was thinking cash reward. A tale of fabulous wealth for offing a few guys, and treasure beyond wildest dreams. Still in btw  ;)
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.