[Scion Interest Check] Scion: Hell on Earth

Started by Letrixia, September 01, 2014, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letrixia

Death, does it truly exist? or are we all dead to begin with?

Who would had guessed that a single mistake would signify the end of the planet. Who would had guessed that reading from a book would be the beginning of the end. The SCP was founded by the government in order to secure every supernatural being that was a threat to humanity. As much as they could they could not find the object that was the most important of them all, most important than every of the seven thousand entities secured by the SCP, ‘The Book from Hell’. The book from hell is a book with cover and pages made of human flesh. The book had a distinctive smell to burnt flesh and everybody at the SCP were afraid of it. That book contained secrets and curses that would make someone invisible, a GOD.

Who would had guessed that a single child, a single innocent child would find the tome. The passage, the worst passage of it was read and now she unleashed a clicking timebomb, the worst spell there was ‘Open the gates of hell’.

Sunday, January 1rst 2015 the night of the red moon, the night where the passage was read and the clicking timebomb was activated. The moon turned to red, the ground shook as the gates suddenly sprung open. All hells were now open and the inhabitants were free to roam the Earth, kill and destroy whatever they wanted. However for they to become real, for them to actually be able to roam the earth they needed someone to read the passage fully from the book. It was now up to the SCP to find individuals strong enough to prevent the last chapter of the spell to be read and activated, to prevent the end of the world.

Character Sheet Information
  - Normal character sheet rules apply
  - You must had your visit already, it can be played but it will be over messenger and away from the core storyline.
  - You can be from anywhere in the planet, the SCP will make sure you get to the destination point.
  - Scent of the Divine will be a given gift

Interdiction of words

The hand is raised high for this one... but do you have to be human?
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Letrixia

Well technically a Scion is not a human but yeah haha

Interdiction of words

I see but they will become something different then? Also can we use an  SCP to aid us?
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Letrixia

mmm I don't understand what you mean by that. You will start as a human with powers if you want pm me what you were thinking.

1SAZ

Letrixia

From the companion:
None of the SILLY AS F*** pantheons as the American pantheon. Basically the books pantheons and everyone of the companions except 'The world at war"

Kolbrandr

Did you mean starting hero level characters for this one?

Letrixia

VonDoom

Did you have a deadline in mind? I may need a couple days to get a character proper writeup going, got a few ideas milling around my head that I need to consider and pick from.  ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Letrixia

I have three reserved people already. I need two more so as soon as I get two more characters THAT I LIKE I will stop this.

AndyZ

What is there so far?  I'd hate to make something that's already been grabbed.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

VonDoom

Oh, so it's first come, first serve?  :-\ This is usually a big downer for me. Since Scion games are so rare, though, I'll throw in my hat anyway and try to get a character in on time, though if you already have three submissions accepted within a 6 hour time-frame I fear I may be too late either way. Have to get ready for work and all that and I may be able to write there, but can't put together a character sheet with dots and knacks and all that.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Letrixia

doubt i will have it and fast delivery does not gurantee anything

Muse

*waves to Andy* 

I'm applying with Kendra. 

For those who don't know Kendra, she's a scion of bast.  An archeologist who fihgts with Kopesh. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Glad I double-checked ^_^ Bastet was one of my ideas.  What else so far?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Interdiction of words

I am going to back out for this one, sorry but I have some other things to do.

Jaded

A quick Scion of Dagda.

Character
Myrna’s life was always difficult.  It wasn’t that she was mistreated or abandoned, she had a loving mother and a good home, she just was always so… passionate.  She was expelled from half a dozen schools over the years, nearly always for fighting.  She liked to think of herself as a defender of the weak, but the simple truth was that she loved the thrill of hand to hand combat.  It wasn’t even that she was a bad student, she made passable grades. 

Myrna’s mother got her into martial arts in an attempt to quell the side of her that was an adrenaline junky, she bounced through a dozen different styles, enjoying them all but not quite catching her interest long term.  As she grew, she continued to bounce around the various styles.  She did manage to last in the same school for a solid year and a half, but that ended when she tossed a teacher through a door.  She claimed sexual harassment, he claimed assault, the end result was that she had to see a therapist and was once again sent to a new school.

At sixteen, Myrna took to the party life.  She snuck into bars, crashed house parties, and generally made a nuisance of herself.  She continued this until she got into a brawl with a man that she claimed had drugged a drink, and broke his nose and arm.  She was charged, and missed out on a stint in juvenile hall by the skin of her teeth. 

It was shortly after she graduated high school that Myrna got involved in boxing and mixed martial arts.  She was a popular fighter, and did well despite her somewhat crude style.  She was nineteen, and up for a fight that would cause her meteoric rise of she succeeded, when a man visited her in her locker room.  The fight, she was informed by the man who claimed to be her father, was a setup.  They were going to make sure she didn’t win, even if it meant drugging her water.  She needed, if she was going to teach them a lesson, to win my knock out in the first round.  He gave her a set of gloves and a pair of bracelets, and said he’d be back after she won.

Myrna, Scion of Dagda
Nature: Bravo
Legend: 2
STR: 4 (1)    CHA: 2 (1)    PER: 2 (-)
DEX: 5 (1)    MAN: 1 (-)    INT: 2 (-)
STA: 5 (1)    APP: 4 (1)    WIT: 5 (1)

Academics 1
Animal Ken 1
Athletics 3
Awareness 2
Brawl     4
Control (Trucks) 1
Control (Motorcycles) 2

Fortitude 3
Integrity 3
Investigation
Larceny 1
Marksmanship 1
Medicine 1

Melee 1
Occult 1
Presence 2
Survival 1
Thrown 3

Birthrights
Leather Gloves (2)
  Unarmed Light: +1A, +0B/L, +1D, 4S
  Unarmed Heavy: -1A, +3B/L, -2D, 5S
  Legend to Dexterity+Brawl
  Can deal lethal damage instead of bashing when punching with gloves on?

Bracelet of the Sky’s Fire (2): Fire Purview, Sky Purview
Bracelet of War’s Chaos (2): Chaos Purview, War Purview

Knacks
Strength: Uplifting Might
Dexterity: Untouchable Opponent
Stamina: Self-Healing
Appearance: Center of Attention
Charisma: Never Say Die
Wits: Rabbit Reflexes

Boons
Eye of the Storm (Chaos 1)
Fire Immunity (Fire 1)
Sky’s Grace (Sky 1)
Blessing of Bravery (War 1)

Virtues
Courage:    4
Expression: 1
Intellect:  2
Piety:      2

Willpower: 6
Legend Points: 4
Health Levels: 7

4 Bonus to +STR
4 Bonus to +DEX
4 Bonus to +STA
2 Bonus to +Brawl
1 Bonus to +Birthright

AndyZ

Letrixia

your char looks okay Jaded and yeah the gloves can deal lethal instead of bashing but only when gloves are on.

Letrixia