Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Backstory

It is 1577, a hundred years have passed since the first human champion of the Mortal Kombat Tournament was killed by Goro in the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Now, the Thunder Lord Raiden has searched all of Earthrealm looking for the most powerful mortal warriors of Earth; the braves of the Native Americas, the Samurai of Japan, the Chinese masters of Wu Shu, The Hashashin within the Ottoman Empire, the Knights of Europe, the Kshatriya warring the Mughals. Anyone and everyone who can represent their world against the might of Shao Kahn's warriors. The petty conflicts between individuals and nations would mean nothing if Shao Kahn was allowed to descend upon Earthrealm. For against an evil like this, every mortal must put aside their differences for the sake of the world they share.

Test your RPing!
You may make and play as many characters as you want. Most of the iconic humans of Mortal Kombat (Sonya, Johnny Cage, ect.) are not alive in this timeline, that's where your characters come in. You may also play some of the canon characters (Jade, Kitana, ect.) though I'll handle the big movers and shakers that keep the plot moving- Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, and Raiden.

Characters need not even be participating in the tournament. They could be there for their own reasons (Shao Kahn kidnapped my X! I have to take revenge on Y!) and I would ideally prefer that sort of thing as much as possible to avoid bogging the RP down with just fighting, which I'll explain below.

The fights will be determined largely through OOC. If you don't want to have a certain character die... I can throw a disposable NPC at them for a round. If two players want their characters to duke it out, just ask and that will be arranged. I leave it up to the players to talk to one another and determine who would lose or win, even if it comes down to a coin-toss... and it should be noted that one needs not always kill a defeated opponent.

For the most part, I don't want the 'action' of the actual fights to dominate the RP. A post or two depicting the actual duel is fine- but I'd expect the bulk of the RP to be about things happening inbetween the fights. Namely, things like Outworld trying to dick over the human contestants as much as possible, gratuitous sex, attempts to do crazy shit with the souls of defeated warriors, ect.

In essence, I want to see as many plotlines outside of the tournament as possible!

Get Ready!
IC and OOC, characters can challenge one another freely. Other times, Outworld presents a fighter to battle Earthworld's champions... which basically means that if we don't have any pairings OOC, I'll randomly pick two people IC. Some characters are not active participants but may still present and accept challenges. Characters can attack one another outside of the official tournament as well, though this is a grey area of the rules.

Out-of-character, players can decide between themselves who they'd like to fight. Otherwise I will match-make randomly. If you have any preferences, let me know so that I can take that in account (I'll straight-up exempt certain characters from fighting if they request it... for example, if the players' O/Os conflict like heterosexual male and homosexual female.)

Fight!
Fights may be concluded one of two ways;
A mutual agreement between players.
A coin-toss adjudicated by me. I'll PM the winner, or both players if they'd like to coordinate in the RP.

Finish him!
At the end of a fight, if the winner presses their advantage, the Kombatants each have two options available to them.

Fatality: The winner kills the loser.
Sexuality: The loser either offers up their body in return for their life or the winner takes it by force. The winner may perform a fatality regardless but only with the loser's OOC permission.
Hara-Kari: The loser kills themselves rather than subject themselves to their opponent's whims.

A Hara-Kari overrides a Sexuality which overrides a Fatality. Losers who survive are eliminated from the tournament, but not the RP. They may be dragged into the plotting and scheming that occurs outside of the tournament proper.

One more thing!
This won't be an RP about just the fights. That's just a plot device... it's my hope that we have a whole bunch of other things going on beyond the ladder tournament that provides for the basic premise of the story. Rivalries, plots, schemes, ect.

Example Sheet

Ayumi
Profession: Onna-bugeisha
Origin: Earthrealm (Japan)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Naginata, Katana, Wakazishi
Fighting Style: Nihon Koryū Jūjutsu
Alignment: Good

About Ayumi: Born into a wealthy family possessing of a long and fruitful Samurai ancestry, Ayumi was raised with the modicrum of martial arts expected of a noble lady. She was expected to marry, and she did her duty as a young woman. Her husband was a minor daimyo that fought Oda Nobunaga to his eventual demise. After her husband took his own life in shame while she was still engaged in battle, Ayumi chose not follow him into the afterlife. Instead, she fought bitterly to victory, turning the tides and managing to maintain her husband's sovereignty just a little while longer.

Again and again she pushed back the enemies of her fallen husband. Again and again she refused truce and marriage. Though she was was the most formidable warrior on the field of battle, Ayumi's lands were indefensible, her soldiers undisciplined and her castle walls weak. The only thing that preserved her was that every attempt to seize her lands was countered by the heavens themselves. Thunder and rain ruined the gunpowder of her enemies, morning mist obscured their ranks and confused them at the most crucial moments. When the Shinto thunder God Raijin appeared before her and revealed himself, she prostrated herself in worship.

She was called upon to offer herself up in Mortal Kombat to defend not only her little province... but all of Earth. Given this great weight of responsibility, she was permitted to contemplate the task before finally accepting Raiden's monumental request.

OOC Notes PM me before-hand about mixing violence and sex.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death.

Neysha

Sounds fun, but I have this horrible tendency of getting attached to my characters after investing in their creation. :P
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

ShadowFox89

They won't be killed unless you choose to let it happen. You could just take the sexuality if you lose or simply surrender without getting killed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Or, your partner can let you live without sexually assaulting you... though for some reason I doubt that will happen very often.  ::)

Ultimately, nothing will happen to your character that you OOC don't want to happen.

MzHyde

Imari

Profession: Bedouin Warrior
Origin: Earthrealm (Saudi Arabia)
Resides: Earthrealm (saudi Arabia)
Weapons: Straight Swords, Gauntlet of Efreet
Fighting Style: Raks Al-Khanjar ("The Dance of Blades"), Grappling
Alignment: Neutral

About Imari: Daughter of a sword fighter in a long line of fighters, her family has kept Raks Al-Khanjar alive as a fighting style for hundreds of years. The art is rapidly dying out and Imari represents one of the last sword dancers in existence. As a result, much of her life has been occupied by training day and night, perfecting her artform so that it may one day be passed down. Imari's family still also believes in the old tales; tales of vengeful gods, of mischievous creatures, of adventure and magic. That belief was tested one day when a trip across the desert ended in tragedy when a sudden sand storm swept in out of seemingly nowhere. Sand, whipped about so fast individual grains stung like tiny razors, ripped apart flesh and buried the caravan. Imari and her family thought they were going to be buried under a torrent of sand when suddenly time stopped for the girl. The entire world slowed down and seemed to grind to a halt. Grains of sand hovered in the air like tiny pinpoints of light. An Efreet appeared, it's booming voice echoing directly in the girl's head.

"Long have you and your line believed in what lies beyond your realm," it said, "and because of your faith in the invisible forces which hold the universe together, I shall offer your a chance at salvation. I will halt this storm, save you and your family, but you must do me this service; fight in my name in Mortal Kombat. Bring Efreet glory! Be my champion!"

What was she to do? She readily agreed. The mystical creature spared Imari and her family, and gave her a mystical gauntlet that would allow her to tap into the strength and magic of a jinni itself.

OOC Notes: PM for discussions on match victories
Permissions: Matchmaking, Coin Toss, Non-Con, Multiple Partners

BlackestKnight

Gilgamesh

“Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!”

Profession: Interdimensional Sellsword
Origin: Mesopotamia
Resides: Netherrealm
Species: Demi-human
Weapons: There isn't a single weapon that the great gilgamesh doesn't hold mastery of.
Fighting Style: Ancient Martial Arts
Alignment: Anti-villain. 

About Gilgamesh: WIP

Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con.

Batman4560

Color me interested and Ill be sure to put something up soon.

Inerrant Lust

Awww snap- Gilgamesh!

I suppose I should mention that playing an evil or entirely neutral character is also allowed, if I wasn't clear about it earlier.

Looks awesome, MzHyde. Just make sure to put your permissions and anything we need to know OOC.

I'm idly considering a renaissance german or frenchwoman... History practically already has one for a potential villain. Hmmm.. The Blood Countess. Isn't that just Skarlet?  ::)

Chaosfox

I must say this does seem rather intriguing I shall keep my on it for now and  wait and see how some other rps play out.

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Batman4560

Profession: C.E.O of Winchester Rifles.
Origin: Earthrealm (Ireland)
Resides: Earthrealm (America)
Weapons:Revolver, Metal Bracers, Metal Grieves.
Fighting Style:Kickboxing
Alignment: Good

About Eoin: Eoin was born in Ireland and brought to America by his parents. His Great, Great, Grandfather was the inventor of the Winchester Rifles and the family has been running the company. Eoin learned sharpshooting from his Mother and Kickboxing from both his father and a master in Ohio. John eventually took on the role of C.E.O. of the Winchester Rifle company. He was overjoyed to be helping with running something that had been in his family for so long. Sometime along the way his father told him about the god's that look over the Irish. Mostly the one's of Trickery. His father warned Eoin to be careful because "Nothing is as it seems and nothing comes for free." Eoin took this to heart. Even though he was Irish by blood he clung to the idea of the "American Cowboy" and often dressed like one, even going so far as to pick up a thick Texas accent.

When he turned 27 Eoin's father and mother were both found dead and their car wrapped around a tree. The shock drove him mad and eventually he considered suicide. Picking up his fathers Colt .45 revolver he sat in his fathers office and placed the barrel to the head. Squeezing the trigger, the hammer didn't slam. It only remained pulled back. When he opened his eyes, Neit, an Irish God of Battle sat on the desk and held the hammer of the gun.

"No need to do that. You're parents offered up their lives to a god in order to save yours. I won't say who but...If you will represent me in the Mortal Kombat I will allow you revenge on the ones responsible for you're parents deaths."

Eoin agreed and has been training for the start of the Mortal Kombat ever since.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, non-con, mind control/brainwashing.

godfang

Rikuya the Mountain Oni

"Be strong, or be dead"

Profession: Solitary Hunter
Origin: Northern Japan
Resides: Netherrealm
Species: Demi-human
Weapons: Fists and Fangs
Fighting Style: Fist of the Oni
Alignment: Neutral

About Rikuya:

Many years ago, a boy was born in the Northern Islands of Japan. The mother was not married and they concluded that he was born of rape. At birth, the boy was freakishly big and was born with a row of fangs and shocking red hair. This was viewed as a bad omen, the child must be the result of an evil spirit raping the woman. For this, the child was left out in a faraway woods to die from winter. Amazingly, it survived due to the intervention of a hermit. This hermit taught him how to speak and how to fight, treating him as his own boy.

For years the boy grew in the woods, growing big and strong. His inhuman blood giving him incredible strength and a long life. One day, the hermit was called by Raiden to fight in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He never returned however, rumors are that he betrayed the earthrealm and joined Shao Kahn. a hundred years later, Raiden returned to the forest and found that the adopted son of the hermit is now a giant warrior who is known as 'the guardian of the mountain' by the locals, who offers him food and maidens in return for his protection. Now, at the peak of his strength, Rikuya steps into Mortal Kombat, not knowing that his master is still alive.

OOC: i leave the master to the GM, and if it turns out his true father is a non human from the outworld, that's fine too
Permission:If his Oni blood allows regeneration of lost (non head) limbs after a long time, then i'm fine with dismemberments. Sex is fine as well. Other than that, Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, non-con(MxF only) , mind control/brainwashing are all ok.

godfang

actually i might edit Rikuya's profile abit since i don't want him to have the same theme (avenging his parent figure) as Eoin. I'm gonna make it so that his master, instead of dying, is still out there in the Netherrealm

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 15, 2013, 12:27:15 AM
Awww snap- Gilgamesh!

I suppose I should mention that playing an evil or entirely neutral character is also allowed, if I wasn't clear about it earlier.

Looks awesome, MzHyde. Just make sure to put your permissions and anything we need to know OOC.

I'm idly considering a renaissance german or frenchwoman... History practically already has one for a potential villain. Hmmm.. The Blood Countess. Isn't that just Skarlet?  ::)

I don't know who she is but she elicits a mild erection. Points for being based an a historical figure.  I thought I was the only person who found gratuitous violence a little bit sex.

Inerrant Lust

Batman4560; A small note, and I guess this is the problem with picking a certain date and choosing to make this something of a historical game- North America at this point is largely unexplored. This time period is closer to the era where the Spanish have just about finished conquering the Aztecs and Incas.

I had quite a dilemma picking a time frame, actually. It seems like the late 1500s was just about as late as I could go before individual bravery and aptitude gave way to the mass formation tactics of the modern era.

Ireland at this point was going through some tense times with Protestant England trying to settle there and displace Catholics. Revolvers existed, but were a novelty at the time and resembled matchlock rifles (Personally, I think that's way cooler... and i'm so totally going to incorporate it into some steampunk designs or somesuch.)

Winchester is also several hundred years away. ::) Forgive me, that's just my inner history buff creeping through.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Godfang; It's no problem, though I might have to coordinate with you on how to incorporate his old master into things- your background's open ended enough that I can have some fun with it- but I also don't want to throw anything out of left field that doesn't match what you had in mind. :P

The regen bit is fine, too. Stranger things have happened in Mortal Kombat- like hearts being optional organs. :P

BlackestKnight; Skarlet will definitely be in this game.  ::)

Batman4560

ok, Im off to bed now but Ill be sure to change some of that around.

godfang

i heart skarlet tons and tons and tons btw =p

and sure, i didn't have any designs in mind for the master. I originally thought it was an old big buff hermit, but even if it's a female i don't mind (imagine losing to your own student and having to submit to him sexually, that would be devastating)

Chaosfox

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 15, 2013, 01:37:40 AM
Batman4560; A small note, and I guess this is the problem with picking a certain date and choosing to make this something of a historical game- North America at this point is largely unexplored. This time period is closer to the era where the Spanish have just about finished conquering the Aztecs and Incas.

I had quite a dilemma picking a time frame, actually. It seems like the late 1500s was just about as late as I could go before individual bravery and aptitude gave way to the mass formation tactics of the modern era.

Ireland at this point was going through some tense times with Protestant England trying to settle there and displace Catholics. Revolvers existed, but were a novelty at the time and resembled matchlock rifles (Personally, I think that's way cooler... and i'm so totally going to incorporate it into some steampunk designs or somesuch.)

Winchester is also several hundred years away. ::) Forgive me, that's just my inner history buff creeping through.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Godfang; It's no problem, though I might have to coordinate with you on how to incorporate his old master into things- your background's open ended enough that I can have some fun with it- but I also don't want to throw anything out of left field that doesn't match what you had in mind. :P

The regen bit is fine, too. Stranger things have happened in Mortal Kombat- like hearts being optional organs. :P

BlackestKnight; Skarlet will definitely be in this game.  ::)

You have the right century but  the wrong time The Spanish had finished conquering the Aztec 7 years before they go to the Inca borders and finished sacking the m in 1572 . >.<  I love history to :P

kckolbe

7 years isn't that big a deal.  Not only could an escapee have become a vengeance-sworn warrior by now, there is always the possibility of one of the conquered/killed rising from the grave, Scorpion-style.  I'm tempted to roll up a Greek god of some kind, but not sure.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Chaosfox

Oh its not a big deal I just wanted to pint out that they were conquered at the same time >.<  Though the only reason I found out was because i was trying to find out something for a character...... Which I never did.

Inerrant Lust

I really don't want to give the impression that I'm taking this too seriously. :P Afterall, Mortal Kombat has special forces operatives running around in this.

So feel free to ignore the rest of this post! 'Cause it's mostly just me getting interested and distracted in something and diving headlong into it until I know everything about it. In any case, it might be inspiring.

Europe; Knights on the decline. Renaissance in progress, Protestant-Catholic split causing many conflicts.
Russia; Ivan the Terrible's modernizing Russia. Cossacks and Streltsy
Japan; Warring States era- Samurai still in their prime but trade is opening up with gun-toting westerners.
China; Decline of the Ming. Martial Arts, naturally- Shaolin, ect.
Korea; Less-warlike, famed for their archers, much political infighting and factionalism.
India; Mongol/Muslim Mughals vs Indian/Hindu natives. Undiscovered Gurkas! There were a few female Sikh warriors.
North Africa, Middle East; Ottoman Empire Jannisary slave soldiers, Sipahi, Akıncı which were paid entirely in plunder
West Africa; Songhai and Mali Empires- famous for their bowmen using poison-tipped arrows.
East Africa; Christian Ethiopean Empire successfully fighting off europeans.
South Africa; Wealthy Mutapa empire just meeting the portuguese. Religion of ancestor-worship and... interestingly, the presence of Chibadi (men who behave as women), precurser to the Zulus
South America; Aztecs and Incas in decline to Spanish
North America; Native Americans still going strong

Also, other boring things I found on the internets. :P This site is pretty cool...

Graine Ni Mhaille (1550-1600) was an Irish princess and pirate (also known as Grace O'Malley) . She commanded a large fleet of ships. She petitioned Queen Elizabeth I of England regarding her various territorial claims, and the two met in 1593. Despite her own officers' reports that Grace was attacking English navy, shipping and coastal towns, the Queen accepted Grace's claims.

Francisco de Orellana encountered women leading South American native warbands and taking part in attacks during an expedition down the Amazon River in 1541-2.

Dona Catalina de Erauso of San Sebastian left a nunnery in 1596 and travelled to Peru where she became a soldier of fortune. She used sword, knife, and pistol, and fought in battles and in duels. She died around 1650.

Hernan Cortés' army in Mexico in 1521 included Spanish and Mayan women some of whom fought with the army.
Beatriz de Pardes was a nurse, but on occasion fought in the place of her husband, Pedro de Escoto.
María de Estrada was noted for her valor at the battle of the bridges on the noche triste.

Chaosfox

Wouldn't the Ninjas be in Japan at this time because If I remember they were formed to fight the samurai at some pint... or I think they were I need to look that up again though.

Inerrant Lust

Yep. Japan's at a cross-roads between medieval and modern era. Many Daimyos had a corps of ninjas to do their dirty work. And, it's one of those mythical things that's part of folk-lore, so you could have some fun with it, creatively.  ;D

Also, most people so far have mythical or demigod-like origins- that's fine. Operate under the assumption that all myths are true so vampires, zombies, and other longevitous beings are certainly allowed.

Chaosfox

I was just verifying I am waiting to see what happens with a couple of other rps on another site before I join this on because as it stands I have a rather full plate.

Mystic Mika

Would it be possible to recycle the character I used in the first incarnation of this game?
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Primarch

I'd be interested in giving the game a go, but I think I might hold off until the character's balance out.