Angels vv Demons

Started by Chrystal, September 08, 2012, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Yes, Master... Of course Master... If you really think... Okay, sheesh! Luc, there's no need to... OW! Thank you Master... OH For F.... They called it "Angels versus Demons"? Do they even know what those words mean? Oh really? Shit! And who is their repre.... YOU! *Draws her sword, the curved blade so dark that it seems to actually drink in light*Of course, My Lord. I hear and obey. I do have reservations about this though, Lord? Thank you, My Lord... well for starters, working with one of them, to run a simulation? Is this really wi... NO, of course not My Lord. So, whom will I be... YOU! *Draws his sword, the broad straight blade of which glows so brightly that it seems to banish the shadows*
*looks down sharply* WHAT? I've got to work with HIM? You can NOT be serious, Master... AHHH! OW! Th... thank you Master. Okay, okay, keep you horns on...! *sheaths her sword**looks up suddenly* My Lord? Really? Work with her? Okay. My Lord, if that is Your Will.... *Sheaths his sword and looks to the other ocupant of the thread* Zarathel?
Michael... Seems we are working together on this. *sniggers evilly* Well, I suppose we ought to get things started... May I?
It seems so... Very well, go ahead
Good whatever time it is where you are, lords, ladies and lieges. Welcome to the inappropriately named Angels versus Demons thread. My name, at least the only one you lot will ever get to use, is Zarathel. My real name is known to myself and two other beings in creation, one being my Master Lucifer and the other being the Nameless one, that you lot might know better as god or Jehovah. This chereful character to my left, or to the right as you look at the screen, is the archangel Michael. He is the Nameless One's chief warrior, just as I am Lucifer's.

Yep, I'm what you'd call an archdemon. I'm also a succubus, hence my distinct lack of clothing. If that bothers you, good...
Oh for heaven's sake, will you get on with it?

We are here to introduce you to a simulation of the warfare that the two of us are constantly engaged in. The forces of good verses the forces of evil...
That's right. And we on the side of good would like very much.... WHAT? Well, hey, you started it. Good and evil are totally relative terms and are entirely subjective.

The forces of light, that's him, versus the forces of darkness, that's me.
*Gives Zarathel a murderous look and begins to draw his sword*

Fine.... Darkness and light, then...
...Are locked in an eternal war for the souls of you mortals. And our respective Lords have decided to offer you all a brief taste of what that war is like. And so, you get to choose to be a warrior of light or of darkness. In your present language the terms Angel and Demon will suffice, however those terms are, as my dark companion has indicated, inappropriate. The word demon refers to a guardian spirit, while the word angel refers to a messenger of god. However, we are willing to use the terms for the sake of clarity

Now... before you choose sides, you need to know a little more about what we stand for. The Light represents, security, law, order, justice and stability. The darkness represent chaos, randomness, lawlessness, insecurity.
Excuse me? Shit, Mickey, talk about a smear campaign!

He hates being called Mickey. So, anyway. The light represent stagnation, inflexibility, intolerance, maintaining the Status Quo. The Darkness represents change, progress, tolerance, advancement, technology.

Now, there's a few other things you need to know. We on the side of Darkness have the numbers on our side. We don't have to play fair either. They do, they have to obey the rules, we get to cheat!
Yeah... And you say good and evil are relative... Sheesh! However, you should also know that if you join the darkness, you will receive a sword of darkness, or possibly a bow of fire and dark arrows. You may, if you are lucky, be taught how to use them.

However, if you join the Light, you will be equipped with a sword of light, a bow of burning gold, a full set of armour - helmet of salvation, shield of faith, breastplate righteousness, belt of truth, etcetera. You will be given full training in their use before being sent into the field.
Yeah, yeah, whatever... Point is, though, that if you join the darkness, there are going to be a hundred or so non-player characters right there with you, but if you join the loosers of Light, you're it!

Aaaaany way, one more very important thing to point out. This is a PVP game. That's "Player Versus Player". There's going to be a very simple system for combat, based on skill, weapon class, armour class, and a "safety in numbers" factor. But obviously, some player characters are going to die, aren't they?

Well, no... That's the point. You lot are mortal. We, on the other hand, are immortal... You cannot kill what is immortal. Now, in the real world, what happens when a spiritual warrior get's his or her head lopped off is he or she gets to spend the next hundred years being tortured...
Or in the case of a captured demon, we try and convince them to come back to the light...
... Like I said, tortured, by the other side, in an effort to get them to change sides. However that is a little bit long-term for a group role-play here, so we are going to come up with an alternative... We just haven't figured out what yet...
And so, without further ado, we will hand you over to the mortal we have chosen to run this show.
You chose her? Oh my! BWAAAAHAHAAAA! You sucker! She is totally one of ours!Ladies and Gents, I give you your Human host, Chrystal...
*vanishes in a ball of flame*
You WHAT? Hey, wait a second, she's supposed to be totally impartial... Who gave us her name anyway?
*vanishes in a flash of light*

Uh, hey what? Okay, right... Thanks for that introduction, Zar and Mick. They make Laurel and Hardy look like a straight act, don't they?

So, anyway, yeah. A PVP roleplay, in N/C Exotic. I'll work the system out if I get anyone interested, but basically, if you're an angel you get a higher armour class and higher weapon skill that a demon, but a demon would get higher dexterity, and a bunch of NPC demons to control.

Also, angels have to play fair, demons don't!

I was thinking that the punishment for getting killed could be that the character in question gets to be raped or otherwise sexually tortured by the character that kills them off, but that only works for angels getting killed by demons. If anyone has any ideas on what could happen to demons who get killed by angels, I'd be interested to hear them...?

---- Edited to add, we are going to go with the option most players prefer, that Angels can rape demons too, but they have to do it nicely... *giggles*

Character Sheets

Please click the "select" link to copy the code below, then copy the selected text into a post here or PM to me, fill in the form replacing the explanations with actual values for your character.

Your character's stats are to be chosen by yourself in accordance with the rules below.

Each character will have 100 character points to spend. These may be spent on stats for the character's profile, weapons, armour, special attacks for a weapon or magical attacks.

In addition, Demon characters may also spend their character points on subordinate demons, and on weapons and armour for them.

One stat point costs one character point, as does one subordinate demon. Weapons, special attacks and magic attacks each have a specific cost which is listed in the table below (to follow)

[b]Player Name:[/b] Your Elliquiy login id.

[size=14pt][color=red][b]Angel or Demon[/b][/color][/size]
[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Paste the URL of your image here. Upload to the wiki first, please?[/img][/float]

[b]Character Name:[/b] Something ending in ...el probably works best, although that is optionel...
[b]Character's True Name (or who known by):[/b] If know. This is optional, but be aware that knowing a character's true name will give others power over that character.
[b]Character age:[/b] Anything from 16 to infinite. Note that if your character is a "mortal" age, ie less than 100, their history must reflect this

[b]Personality:[/b] What is the character like to deal with?

[b]History:[/b] A couple of paragraphs describing what has happened to them to get them where they are today

[b]STATS[/b]
[b]Hit points:[/b] Everyone starts with 5
[b]Armour class:[/b] Angels start with 5, demons start with 0
[b]Dexterity:[/b] Angels start with 0, demons with 5
[b]Magical Resistance:[/b] Angels start with 0, Demons start with 5

[b]Weapons:[/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Weapon type:[/b][/td][td][b]Weapon Skill Level[/b][/td][td][b]Special Attack[/b][/td][td][b]S.A. Skill[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Angels start with Sword of Light[/td][td]Angels start with 5, demons start with 0[/td][td]Add first special attack here[/td][td]Add skill with that special attack here[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Add second special attack here[/td][td]Add skill with that special attack here[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Add second weapon here[/td][td]Add skill here[/td][td]Add first special attack here[/td][td]Add skill with that special attack here[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Add second special attack here[/td][td]Add skill with that special attack here[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]MAGIC ATTACKS[/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Attack name[/b][/td][td][b]Skill with that attack[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Add first magic attack here[/td][td]Add skill for that attack here[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Add second magic attack here[/td][td]Add skill for that attack here[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Subordinate Demons[/b] (demons only)
[b]Number:[/b] How many demons
[b]Armour class:[/b] Start at 0
[b]Weapon:[/b] Starts with none
[b]Weapon skill:[/b] Starts at 0

Blank code gives this:

Player Name: Your Elliquiy login id.

Angel or Demon

Character Name: Something ending in ...el probably works best, although that is optionel...
Character's True Name (or who known by): If know. This is optional, but be aware that knowing a character's true name will give others power over that character.
Character age: Anything from 16 to infinite. Note that if your character is a "mortal" age, ie less than 100, their history must reflect this

Personality: What is the character like to deal with?

History: A couple of paragraphs describing what has happened to them to get them where they are today

STATS
Hit points: Everyone starts with 5
Armour class: Angels start with 5, demons start with 0
Dexterity: Angels start with 0, demons with 5
Magical Resistance: Angels start with 0, Demons start with 5

Weapons:

Weapon type:Weapon Skill LevelSpecial AttackS.A. Skill
Angels start with Sword of LightAngels start with 5, demons start with 0Add first special attack hereAdd skill with that special attack here
Add second special attack hereAdd skill with that special attack here
Add second weapon hereAdd skill hereAdd first special attack hereAdd skill with that special attack here
Add second special attack hereAdd skill with that special attack here

MAGIC ATTACKS

Attack nameSkill with that attack
Add first magic attack hereAdd skill for that attack here
Add second magic attack hereAdd skill for that attack here

Subordinate Demons (demons only)
Number: How many demons
Armour class: Start at 0
Weapon: Starts with none
Weapon skill: Starts at 0

Worked example, Zarathel

[b]Player Name:[/b] Chrystal

[size=14pt][color=red][b]Demon[/b][/color][/size]
[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://www.horrorphile.net/images/succubus241.jpg[/img][/float]

[b]Character Name:[/b] Zarathel
[b]Character's True Name known by:[/b] Herself, Lucifer, The Nameless One
[b]Character age:[/b] Older than Time Itself

[b]Personality:[/b] Zar is pure evil. She is one of the First, and as such has never been mortal. She exists outside time and thus has little respect for the puny beings that are forced to exist within it. She has an insatiable sexual appetite and while she will have sex with men, she prefers women. The only being in the whole of creation she will call Master (or Mistress, for that matter) is Lucifer himself. She has no respect for The Nameless One, as he has demonstrated clearly that he is not worthy of it. Without the intervention of herself and the Lord of Darkness, the earth would be another boring, drab world filled with boring drab creatures bent permanently to the Will of the Nameless One.

[b]History:[/b] Zar's history is as long as history itself, but the most salient points are that, while The Nameless One was creating the Earth, Lucifer sat on the throne of Light and Zarathel sat on his lap. While there, both of them were burned by the Nameless One's power and filled with some of it. They were transformed from creatures of Light into creatures of Darkness.

The Archangel Michael attacked them and banished Zar from heaven. While Michael fought Lucifer, Zarathel snuck into the newly created Earth, entered the Gearden of Eden and took on the form of a serpent, tempted Eve then raped her until she passed out, then took on Eve's form and raped Adam until he passed out.

Zar and Lucifer rule hell together and are in a never ending war that is fought in five dimensions against the forces of light. Zar is Lucifer's most loyal and most successful servant, as well as being his oldest, and his first lover.

[b]STATS[/b]
[b]Hit points:[/b]100
[b]Armour class:[/b] 50
[b]Dexterity:[/b] 75
[b]Magical Resistance:[/b] 43

[b]Weapons:[/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Weapon type:[/b][/td][td][b]Weapon Skill Level[/b][/td][td][b]Special Attack[/b][/td][td][b]S.A. Skill[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Scimater of darkness[/td][td]35[/td][td]Soul Suck[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Break Weapon[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bow of Fire[/td][td]56[/td][td]Multiple targets[/td][td]48[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Volley Fire[/td][td]26[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]MAGIC ATTACKS[/b]
[table]
[tr][td][b]Attack name[/b][/td][td][b]Skill with that attack[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Succubus Charm[/td][td]100[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fireball[/td][td]65[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Cloud of darkness[/td][td]47[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Possess Human[/td][td]61[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Disguise as human[/td][td]88[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Disguise as Angel[/td][td]27[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Subordinate Demons[/b]
[b]Number:[/b] Millions
[b]Armour class:[/b] Varies
[b]Weapon:[/b] Varies
[b]Weapon skill:[/b] Varies

Player Name: Chrystal

Demon

Character Name: Zarathel
Character's True Name known by: Herself, Lucifer, The Nameless One
Character age: Older than Time Itself

Personality: Zar is pure evil. She is one of the First, and as such has never been mortal. She exists outside time and thus has little respect for the puny beings that are forced to exist within it. She has an insatiable sexual appetite and while she will have sex with men, she prefers women. The only being in the whole of creation she will call Master (or Mistress, for that matter) is Lucifer himself. She has no respect for The Nameless One, as he has demonstrated clearly that he is not worthy of it. Without the intervention of herself and the Lord of Darkness, the earth would be another boring, drab world filled with boring drab creatures bent permanently to the Will of the Nameless One.

History: Zar's history is as long as history itself, but the most salient points are that, while The Nameless One was creating the Earth, Lucifer sat on the throne of Light and Zarathel sat on his lap. While there, both of them were burned by the Nameless One's power and filled with some of it. They were transformed from creatures of Light into creatures of Darkness.

The Archangel Michael attacked them and banished Zar from heaven. While Michael fought Lucifer, Zarathel snuck into the newly created Earth, entered the Gearden of Eden and took on the form of a serpent, tempted Eve then raped her until she passed out, then took on Eve's form and raped Adam until he passed out.

Zar and Lucifer rule hell together and are in a never ending war that is fought in five dimensions against the forces of light. Zar is Lucifer's most loyal and most successful servant, as well as being his oldest, and his first lover.

STATS
Hit points:100
Armour class: 50
Dexterity: 75
Magical resistance: 43

Weapons:

Weapon type:Weapon Skill LevelSpecial AttackS.A. Skill
Scimater of darkness35Soul Suck25
Break Weapon15
Bow of Fire56Multiple targets48
Volley Fire26

MAGIC ATTACKS

Attack nameSkill with that attack
Succubus Charm100
Fireball65
Cloud of darkness47
Possess Human61
Disguise as human88
Disguise as Angel27

Subordinate Demons
Number: Millions
Armour class: Varies
Weapon: Varies
Weapon skill: Varies

NOTE:

Obviously, Zarathel is a special case. Michael's stats would be somewhat similar.

Each stat has a maximum value and a maximum spend as well as a start value.

StatAngel startDemon startAngel spendDemon spendMax
Hit points551010100
Armour class50105100
Dexterity05510100
Magical resistance05510100

The values for each weapon, special attack and magical attack will be listed with the item in question.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Vaulera

Hell yes, just... yes. A solution to the demons killed by angels thing would be banishment to some dark corner for a scene or two, some sort of hellish something or other. Angels having to be angels makes the sexual element harder in the case of their victory. Though I have quite literally no experience with system roleplays, I did play many, many campaigns of dungeons and dragons, as well as numerous other board games.

Joslyn

Ooh, definitely an interesting idea. :) And now that I quit world of warcraft I have a lot more time for rp heh.

I like the idea of playing a demon over playing an angel, but on the other hand I usually prefer to play the victim in an NC scene. Maybe the angels can also rape the demons? It's for the greater good after all, have to break down their resistance first to save their souls. ;P

Might be interesting (or maybe this is what you are already going for?) if the morality here is dark gray and light gray instead of black and white. That is, the demons would be less honorable but still have understandable motives (as opposed to just in it for the evulz) and the angels would be better but sometimes the ends justify the means to them (such as with sexual assault as a way to break resistance).

Anyway I will keep an eye on this and consider joining based on how things develop. Oh and btw don't forget about Sergeant Paige in our game  ;)   :P

Chrystal

That was quick...

I have absolutely no experience with system RPs either, but PVP requires a system.

Jos, I will invite Zar back to answer your question....

Thanks Chrys.. So, Joslyn? Interesting choice of name.... Oh, don't worry, I won't reveal what your true name is, or where you live... I wouldn't want to get Chrystal kicked off the forum, now would I? {{You better fucking not zar, after all I do for you on this site, now answer the lady's question, please, or I'll tell Mistress on you, and you know she has a direct line to The Boss!}}

OOOOh, Picky! Hey, you invited me back, dyke bitch!

Okay, so.... shades of grey... I presume you read what Mickey and I said about what each of us represent? Good and evil are totally relative. If you save someone's life, that might be seen as an act of heroism, and a good thing, but if the person you saved was an evil dictator, then your action is evil, unless, by saving them you manage to take them prisoner and coerce them into stopping a war that would kill millions... but by doing so you prevent the advancement of technology that would make life so much better for billions... And so on!

This is why we prefer the terms light and dark. Laws are good. Laws prevent people dying unnecessarily. But they also prevent people dying when they want to.  Disease is bad, disease kills people in horrible ways. But it also prevents overpopulation.

Change for the sake of change is bad, but change for a reason is good. Doing something the same way because you've always done it that way is bad, but doing it the same way because it works is good!

Am I answering the... No? Okay, fine!

Yes, we demons have motives that are understandable. We want things to change, we want new technologies. We want homosexuality to be legalised. We don't want a world of zombies all bowing to the will of the Nameless One. Angels are not all pure and good, either. They want to maintain the status quo... DAMN! That was the word I was looking for! ... Chrys, go edit it... Anyway, they want to keep things static so that people are reliant on the Nameless One. They want to keep slaves down trodden and masters in place... WHAT? Oh okay... hey I'm the second in command to the Father of Lies, what do you expect? Fine... Okay not the slaves bit so much, but they are definitely not above using torture. I think for the purpose of this simulation it would be acceptable to have angels torture demons physically... in a nice, polite way and according to certain rules...

After all, we'd most of us enjoy it...

Uh, yeah, does that answer the question?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Drake Valentine

... Drake head hurts.. Head hurts Drake. *Rubs head.* >.<

But it is an interesting concept, something I am adding to my bookmarks of maybe.

But, what if demon player doesn't want npc demon fodder? Would that allow them to be stronger, with lack of NPCs?

As for the angels killing demons things. *Ponders idly.*

Just a thought, but I see it in one of two things happening.

1. Demon gets banished back to starting point and is weaker for however many set IC days or what not.
2. Demon may be enslaved by Angelic creature. (Who saids angels can't rape demons?)
3. Profit.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Chrystal

Hi Drake. Good question.

I think the answer must be no. Otherwise there is no incentive to be an angel. I suspect that I am going to get more demons than angels anyway, so the NPC horde may not be necessary.

There is no requirement for a demon to control any NPC demons if they do not wish to, however, the NPC sword-fodder are basically extra "hit points" for each demon player character. If you have ten NPCs between you and your enemy, he/she has to "kill" them first before killing you. Thus the NPCs become the player character's armour. Also, ten lesser demons thrusting with ten swords at an angel at once is going to have the effect of either forcing the angel back or getting at least one hit in, thus numbers counterbalance skill and armour.

Michael might say "One of ours is worth ten of theirs", but Zar would answer, "Yes, but for every one of yours, there are fifteen of ours..."

I think I am veering towards the demon getting enslaved and raped by the angel...

Vaulera

See, I'm having trouble deciding on whether I want a badass, Diablo style angle with the armour and the wings, or a Darksiders style angel, also with the armour and the wings, but a slightly different set of armour, and tangible wings. But I also like the idea of a higher ranked demon commanding a large number of lesser ranked demons. Depends on which I find a better picture for, now doesn't it. But this brings up a question, what style of angel or demon do you want? I have a very nice drawing of a raven haired girl with pale skin and gothic tattoos playing a flute, but in the larger scheme of things, will there be one type, the red kind, or multiple. Angels are pretty uniform, human looking underneath the armour.

Drake Valentine

But in essence if someone can solo legitimately it just proves their badarseyness..

Well, it just depends I guess of what players enlist as.

Either/or, I will be evil whether it is playing demon or angel. >.> I expect angels can still be evil towards demons. ^-^ So whatever the majority is I will go with the minority as usual.

If I do have room to squeeze it in. >.>

I dunnos.

Indecisive Drake is indecisive. xD

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Chrystal

Pictures are entirely at the player's choice.

Please note, though, that no-one is playing Satan himself - unless Mistress Amazon decides to join us, in which case she is more than welcome to take that role, but I doubt she will actually play.

My only requirement for pics is that the angels look like angels and the demons look like demons. You can use part-man-part-beast demons if you wish.

That happens to be the pic I chose for Zarathel when I first created her character two years ago. *looks at the demon and smirks* Yes, I created you, bitch, so stfu! She is actually black skinned if you look. The red is a reflection of the fires of hell on her skin.

Zarathel's character profile can be found beneath a cut in my ideas thread (see link in my sig).

As for Angels being evil towards demons - From the demons' perspective, everything the angel does is evil, and from the angel's perspective everything they do is good. From a human perspective what the angels do to the demons might look wrong, or it might look totally justified.

HOWEVER:

Angels MUST play fair. Angels are FORCED to play by the rules, or change sides! The rules themselves I am probably not going to specify in this context, other than to say, again, that they require fair play. This is the greatest weakness of the Forces of Light. They represent law and justice and so have to operate within that framework.

Player characters may, of course, change sides freely, but will always suffer a penalty for doing so, to be determined by the GM!

Joslyn

Okay, I am onboard for this, here is my character idea. :)

Name: Mistriel (“Misty”)
Faction: Demon (Succubus)

Personality

Misty is quite a piece of work, to say the least. She is extremely vain, and convinced she is the most beautiful creature in the universe. Consequently she is very easy to offend, though she responds well to flattery unless its too transparently an attempt at manipulation. She also thinks very highly of her own cleverness and prowess in battle, though not to an extent that she loses touch with reality. Above all she is convinced that she is special and has some grand destiny ahead of her. Everyone should be falling over themselves to please her in her mind.

Not surprisingly for a succubus, she is a perverted and oversexed slut. She very much enjoys selling her body for favors and degrading sex acts. Misty only wears clothes if she wants to entice someone into ripping them off her, or to punish them by denying them the sight of her “perfect beauty.” She is weak-willed and cowardly, though this partly counterbalanced by her misplaced confidence that things must turn out well for her in the end. She is submissive in the sense that she loves having no control over a sexual situation, but she has a very low tolerance for pain and is too lazy and self-centered to be good at following sexual commands. Despite how easy she is normally, she will refuse to consent to sex if she is frightened enough.

Misty has some ethical standards in that she does not cause harm unless its strictly necessary for her goals, but when she does get to cause harm she shows almost childlike glee. She has a very powerful hatred of the Nameless One. Her idea of “revenge” on him is manipulate mortals into creating an atheist, anarchist utopia on Earth. She sees the Nameless One as highly authoritarian and jealous, so certainly nothing would vex him more than a perfect anti-authoritarian society where no one even thinks he exists.

The two most surprising things about her is that she occasionally waxes philosophical in a way the belays her usual first impression as a bimbo, and that she has just enough self-awareness to realize what an insufferable bitch she is. She just seems to think her looks and her agenda justify her behavior.

History

In her mortal life she was a poor, chaste peasant girl who reluctantly turned to prostitution to avoid starvation, only to starve to death anyway in a famine. She was already an emotional wreck when she arrived in the afterlife and the centuries in hell have obviously not helped the situation.

Chrystal

I am going to be putting two character sheet templates up at some point.

Please do be aware that because this will be a system game, that characters will have stats. I just haven't decided what stats yet.

If anyone has more experience than me in running this sort of game, advice will be welcomed.

As for the PVP combat, I was thinking about this last night.

One unbreakable rule of mine in N/C role-play is that regardless of anything else, player consent is always required. Non-Consent applies to the character. In other words, if my character is screaming "No, no, stop it", you can carry on with what you are doing, but if I ask you to stop, I expect you to stop! This is wnat PMs and an OOC thread are for.

Now, given the consequences of loosing a fight, I think we need to put a couple of rules in place concerning combat.

My idea is that there be three levels of combat available to players:

Level 1: Freeform.

Players decide between themselves the outcome of the fight. This can be discussed in the OOC thread or via PM. The outcome can be totally contrary to common sense - a single succubus with no armour and a dagger can defeat a heavily armed and armoured warrior angel, for example, as long as it is by mutual agreement between players.

Level 2: GM Adjudicated.

Players wanting a little bit less control of their fights can ask me to adjudicate them. I will look at the characters' respective stats and give both players various options that I consider likely outcomes. It's then up to the players to agree an outcome (if they can't I will impose one), and post accordingly.

Level 3: Random.

Players wanting a more realistic fight, or unable to agree an outcome, will have the option of using the dice roller. This will be a simple "To-Hit/To-Damage" two-roll system, that I will give details of as soon as I have worked them out. Basically, you roll against your weapon skill to try and hit your opponent, and if the dice roll is less than or equal, you succeed. You then roll against your armour class to determine what damage has been done if your opponent hit you, if the roll is higher than your armour class, you take damage to whatever the roll exceeds it by.

That system should be familiar to most game players? There will be various modifiers to the dice rolls, that I will work out, but I want to keep it simple. I think it would work best if players took a large number of dice rolls at once and then matched them up, in order to avoid delaying the game while rolling back and forth.

Obviously, once a fight has been worked out, both players need to post to let the rest of us know what happened. Players should try and plan the fight in advance before posting, so we don't end up with ten one-line posts describing it blow-by-blow, and both players need to post opposite sides of the same fight...

Is that too complex? I think it's about as simple as it gets.

Jos, I love the character and I would love to have Zar do a sexy one-on-one side story with her... ;)

Drake Valentine

For stats I was working on a template long time ago.

If you want you can use what I rounded up, it is dusty so I never fully expanded on it.

Though the basic concept was.

Strength: How strong you are and how well you can break free from grapples. Obviously if you are weaker and get caught, well, best figure another escape.
Speed: How fast you can move, attack, how quickly you may be able to react.
Grace: Natural reflexes, this category falls with how acrobatic, dexterous, evasive, whatever you are.
Intellect: Smarts, wit, knowledge. (Can go with magic handling or demons commanding whatever army if you going to include that. )
Potential: Leveling factor, how many points you may receive in addition when leveling.

I was thinking something along with a basic total count that each player must put into stat, if you don't want leveling, well we can just ignore it and have a focus pooled stat where characters are what they are and don't get stronger.

Of course you can also feel free to add to it, I tried to make it short in my time of creation and as basic as possible. xD

Chrystal

Levelling would be great if the RP lasts for three or more years...

Seriously, I have enough experience with group games on E to know that if you expect a game to last longer than a day of game time, you have to be quite brutal as the GM and chop people's scenes off in the middle in order to move things on!

I'm taking advice regarding the combat system from experienced System GMs...

Joslyn

QuoteJos, I love the character and I would love to have Zar do a sexy one-on-one side story with her...

Sounds fun.  ;D

As for how the combat goes, I'm fine with freeform as long as whoever I'm fighting is also okay with it. I see Misty as someone who prefers to attack from a distance with magic while her gang of weaker demons she has seduced/enslaved occupy her opponent. As far as she's concerned, the only good fight is a completely unfair ambush where she never gets a scratch. As far as her player is concerned, I'd certainly like to see her lose more often than not.  :P  >:)

Chrystal

Right, well, so far I have three people interested...

And three people do not a group game make!

Unfortunately, not every idea that seems good at the time is actually a good enough idea to take off.

Still hoping for a few more folks to express an interest during the week.

In the mean time, how does this sound:

Each character gets one primary weapon, Angels get a secondary weapon. With each weapon there is a basic attack and a special attack. The special attack can only be used once per GM determined time period, it will do a good deal more damage but has a penalty associated with it.

In addition, each character can have one or more magical attacks.

Now, I'm going to give everyone 100 character points to spend.

Angels start out with a base armour class and weapons skill, demons start out with a base agility and magic skill. Demons may not spend more than a certain amount on skill or armour. You use your 100 points to set your stats, buy your weapons, your special and magical attacks, and for demons, to buy your slave demons. You can also improve their stats and buy them weapons if you have enough points left.

Then every time you win a fight, you get 100 more points to spend and upgrade your stats!

Thorn14

I admit I'm curious.

I might make an angel since I like the rape idea on loss I admit.  :-)

Qt

Wow.... This looks super fun. *Bookmarks*

Chrystal

Hi Thorn.

We need some angels, so I'm glad you're interested.

And Hi QT, glad you think so... :)

It's a funny thing, but I can honestly see the dice system getting used a lot. I imagine the PM conversation to go something like this:

Angel: Okay, so I'm about to fight you, yes?
Demon: Looks like it... Your armour is much stronger than mine and you have a higher weapon skill, so i think you're going to win.
Angel: Uh... but you have those twenty NPC demons and that fireball attack. I'm sure you would win.
Demon: Yes, but, I'm not very good with the fireball. Chances are I'd miss. And the NPCs are all level 0, they wouldn't stand a chance against your Great Sword of Light, especially if you used the Light Of Truth attack that comes with it...
Angel: Yes, but... I want you to rape me when I loose...!
Demon: But I want you to rape me when I loose...!
Both: Let's use the dice system...

Does that sound about right?

I will put the character sheets, stats rules and weapons costs under cuts in the first post as and when I get to creating them.

Qt

There is going to be space for abilities in the 100 points? I know it would make the game harder to actually manage but it would allow each character to be utterly unique on the battle field.

Sussurus

Quote from: Chrystal on September 09, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
Angel: Okay, so I'm about to fight you, yes?
Demon: Looks like it... Your armour is much stronger than mine and you have a higher weapon skill, so i think you're going to win.
Angel: Uh... but you have those twenty NPC demons and that fireball attack. I'm sure you would win.
Demon: Yes, but, I'm not very good with the fireball. Chances are I'd miss. And the NPCs are all level 0, they wouldn't stand a chance against your Great Sword of Light, especially if you used the Light Of Truth attack that comes with it...
Angel: Yes, but... I want you to rape me when I loose...!
Demon: But I want you to rape me when I loose...!
Both: Let's use the dice system...

Does that sound about right?

;D

Yeah, I'd play, but I wouldn't want to win, so...  ::)

Thorn14

We seem to have reached a problem now with this concept.  ;D

Qt

We could have characters that want to win and players that want their characters to lose. Hehehe. c:

Thorn14

So how will the stats work?

Trying to think of some ideas.

Chrystal

Hi Sussurus... yeah, that's pretty much what I figured.

Quote from: Qt on September 09, 2012, 04:55:10 PM
There is going to be space for abilities in the 100 points? I know it would make the game harder to actually manage but it would allow each character to be utterly unique on the battle field.

Well, 100 points is an arbitrary off-the-cuff figure. I don't want to make it too high because that will make people too powerful and give them too much choice, but at the same time I don't want it too low so that you can't actually do anything with the points. My idea is basically that a demon can, if  they want, buy 100 level zero subordinates and nothing else, and attack their enemy 100 times with the weakest attack, in the hope of getting one critical hit... (an unmodified dice roll of 1 automatically hits and does an amazing amount of damage). Or the player can choose to buy armour, a decent weapon, skill with that weapon, a couple of special attacks, a couple of magical attacks, skill with the magical attacks, increased dexterity, and not have anything left over. Or they could buy ten subordinates and give them all weapons and armour and skill to a certain level.

That will make everyone's character unique because no two people will spend the points the same way - unless they deliberately choose to.

As for abilities, what did you have in mind?

This is a RP about "spiritual warfare", angels fighting demons for the souls of mortals. I would rather not include stats and abilities that don't have a direct baring on the actual scenario, mainly because they would be a waste of character points.

Plus, how can a being that is a pure spirit with no actual physical presence have strength? The idea is pretty meaningless if you think about it. An angel cannot actually pick up something physical, and nor can a demon - except of course the demon can step into a mortal's body and use that...

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 09, 2012, 06:58:34 PM
So how will the stats work?

Trying to think of some ideas.

Basically it's going to be the following:

Roll a dice against your skill, modify it by any special attack bonus, and by any defensive modifier the opponent has. If the result is less that or equal to your skill with that weapon, you have hit. If not you missed. If you roll an unmodified 1, you have a critical hit. If you roll an unmodified (Highest number on the dice) the weapon breaks.

If you hit, your opponent then rolls a dice against his/her armour class, modifying by any defensive bonus and by any special attack modifier. If the result is less than or equal to the armour class, the character takes no damage. If it is greater than, subtract the armour class from the result and take that number of hit points in damage.

It's the simplest and easiest combat system.

I will work on what stats each character needs tomorrow. Right now I'm off to bed.

Kimera

Sparkd my interest. Might join in if I can think of an interesting character

Edit: I suppose something like this is overkill right  ;D