romance anyone (male characters needed)

Started by Samantha, February 07, 2010, 10:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha

I'm big on historical romances, meaning, for me, it COULD have happened in that time period, or modern ones as well, so that's what most of my ideas center around I'm a huge romanticist.... I'll also include some general ideas at the end of my post.

I suggest looking at my ons and offs (link is located in my signature), it explains me fairly well, I generally look at my partners as well to help me figure out more about them.

I'd like longer termed rps, although I know they won't last forever. As for post length, lately I've been somewhat long winded, but they generally don't stay that long unless my partner gives me that much to keep going on. But even my shorter one's I like to keep around a paragraph's length.

As for frequency, I'm on most of the time, I get on through my phone (yes, I've even typed out this message on it) so unless I'm sleeping, I'm constantly checking, I'd like posts to be as much as possible, but I do realize that's not realistic for everyone, so just let me know about how often you do post (either through pm or in this thread) and we'll go from there. 

Oh, and one last thing, I am attracted to both sexes, but I have lately wanting to rp with male characters, and will always play the female lead unless othewrwise noted. Without further ado, my ideas:

Here's a bunch of my ideas.

What you find when you go somewhere new.

Past, A newcomer comes into town (Imagine an old western ordeal), and he causes some trouble in the bar, where many women work as prostitutes, some willingly, some not. But everyone knows this, they don't know where the owner finds these women, but are glad to use them for their pleasure. I will play as a few different girls, the person who plays the male lead (possibly could be female), could play more than one character also... I'm looking for more of a romantic roleplay here.

All work and no play, may cause some problems

Present day, a workaholic woman lands a job in a new city, new state, or new country even. Her boss wants her, but she has a husband, or boyfriend/ fiance, whatever. And this boss will do anything to have her, for whatever reason. I'm thinking of a mob type ordeal.... This doesn't necessarily have to be romantic... it can become non con depending on where it goes...

Its almost over.

Based back around the 1800's. A woman is running away from someone, and she basically goes under an assumed name, and lifestyle, to hide as a white slave. Well, somehow, she meets a guy, and he is looking for a wife... for some reason, because he's being forced, or if you have any ideas why, we could use that too. Well, he meets her and the story continues...

I keep running away...

Maybe it could start out with some sort of bad situation... then my character (female) finally escapes whatever the situation and moves somewhere far away. While there, she'll meet someone and they try the relationship, (not without some trials for them both) but she has some problems because of what happened to her. Then, maybe the bad situation comes back to haunt her... literally, or the person, after making her fall in love with them to the point that she won't leave, isn't the person they appear to be?

How can I try to live without you?

My character, has just graduated from high school, she has been dating the same guy since she started 9th grade and they decide to take their relationship to the next level by moving in with each other. She moves in with him, and is still a virgin, he gets frustrated with her and starts abusing her  mentally and physically. Throughly convinced no one will ever love her, she gives in to him and finally has sex with him after a fight, and he hurts her. She won't leave him, but she meets someone after some time who cares about her and doesn't want to hurt her (or maybe he does and she doesn't know it) but eventually she ends up with the other guy. (I need either two other people or one person to play both people...)

I Never Thought This Would Happen.
Based in the early 1800's

Basically, arranged marriage. Between upper class gentry, but maybe one is low royal (like 32nd in line to be king or queen, something ridiculous) or even a upper gentry to a prince or duke. They could either fall for each other before they know they've been arranged to wed, or meet just before they're to marry, or only on their wedding day. And they could either just find out or have known about it. I know this isn't all too specific, but I just want some things open for discussion.

When Strangers Marry
Based in the mid-1800's

Along with th arranged idea line of thinking, a woman is engaged but tries to run. A man finds her in the midst of her escape (his history can totally be up to you) and is her betrothed's enemy. He could take her into his home, where from running in the bayou of New Orleans, she gets sick, rumors soar that she is no longer virtuous, but her betrothed still wants her, this new stranger could marry her and fight for her honor (as well as fight for whatever reason the two men are enemies about) or give her up. (They don't have to wed, but just because she was around him the entire town knows and she has no where else to turn, so I figured it'd add to the story.

I have lots of ideas for this one, for the history of the male as well, so pm me and we'll chat!

By way of the Sea

Pirate romance. Based in the early 1800's.  A woman is heading to America after her wedding, their ship was overtaken by pirates, seeing her husband's body killed and dumped into the ocean,  she gets sold to some of the nastiest, and most brutal pirates and was about to be raped. She is terrified, as she knows what's about to happen and hopes for help as she tells everyone her well-known name. Her husbands family is well known in america, and one pirate ends up saving her, eventually she finds out he is her husbands twin that she was never told about...

(I want action and adventure in this one... Even though the main goal is that they fall in love, it is not instant, she doesn't even recognize they were identical due to her late husbands clean shaven ways. Plus the brother is a pirate... He isn't open about any of his emotions... And she can be stubborn too.)

You keep pulling me back to you.
Based in the early 1800's

So, by now, you must see how much I adore the 1800s, well, I read a lot of historical romances that are based during that time period, and I know a bit about the peerage, gentry, whatever you'd like to call it. Well, its basically goes like this,
The idea is that in that time, women had to 'come out' meaning they had to start looking for husbands, that usually happened when they turn 20 or 21, and it is only socially accept able to go five seasons of looking for a husband. Well my character is in her last season, and desperately needs to find a husband, of course she needs to find a husband in the peerage right? Well, there is a newcomer, someone not born of the Dukes and the Earls, an entrepreneur, who, because of his money, cannot be ignored. They may have met before, and since she is so stubborn, ignores him when he asks to dance, but he is dead set on having her. Will she give in due to her age, financial need, or her desire for the attractive man?

(I have plenty of ideas for this one... And I'm craving it!!! Pm me please of you're interested.)

How was I so lucky?

Well, this idea came to me in a dream, and I pretty much have none of the ideas worked out. Its present time. My character is a college student and somehow, someway, her and her college professor fall in love, something other than grades please, and start seeing each other. At some point they have sex and she ends up pregnant (I'm thinking that they have sex after she passes his classes as a celebrating thing) but she doesn't tell him (don't know the reason yet). And finds out while she's talking to financial people while at the hospital (maybe he works or volunteers and hears her talking) not sure yet, but yeah... Don't know what will go on from there exactly, but... Let's chat and see what we come up with.

Adulterated Loathing.

Present time. They both work in an advertising company. He is a sexaholic, who uses women, and they all know that there's no chance he'd settle down. She, is one of the women he hasn't had sex with. They'd never even talked because he can tell who would or wouldn't be used for his advantage, so he hasn't wasted his time (or maybe had a long time ago and got shot down, which kept him maybe interested ever since). One day, she catches him in the act, maybe in a supply closet or something, and he want to make sure she won't say anything, so he talks to her , it was the first time he'd ever gotten caught! She brushes him off the shoulder, assuring she won't. Then they meet, he still wants her attention, but she won't be another notch in his belt. Eventually... Days, weeks months... Who knows, do they end up together under the condition that she won't be toyed with?

I was thinking they meet up at some point, it could even be later in the day she found him at a club of some sort, she's usually uptight, so maybe seeing her more relaxed grabs his attention. I was thinking impreg. But let's talk about ideas.

Moulin Rouge
Based in the late 1800's or early 1900's

Its an extravagent place with floor shows and whores, if you've seen the movie, which I strongly suggest you do, I'd love to do an rp based on it.

Pride and Prejudice type of rp
Also based in the 1800's.

I'd love to play the strong willed Elizabeth. She and Mr.Darcy have a strong attraction but also are strong headed, he doesn't like her family, she doesn't like how stand-offish he is... We can talk more through pms, but basically they're so opposite, but are the same in many ways.

You're more than a simple temptation
Based in the 1800's

She hates how off her family is. Recently her family was brought back into the peerage after generations of having lost it. They're considered weird, but they always stand together. All she wanted was a simple life, none of the craziness, none of the parents death, no house fires, no crazy pets. After two seasons she may have found her perfect suitor but will this new stranger get in the way?

General Ideas:

For these ideas, we can expand through pms, and generally wouldn't mind playing either role (though I do tend to be sub) :
New girl x student at new school (could go for private school or any)
Rocker/rapper x fan
Rocker/ rapper x stylist/ publicist/ or random girl at a club
Something along the lines of CSI, Bones, or Criminal Minds.

If you have any ideas for these or any others, let me know. We can expand on ideas when we chat!
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and to be loved in return. ~Moulin Rouge~

~Ons and Offs~
 Here is the link to my O/O thread please take a look if you're interested in writing with me. I will say that long-lasting role plays are my favorite, and romances.

If you are interested in roleplaying, please send me a private message so we can chat more!

I look forward to hearing from you!

[/url]

Gman001

Adam

Sent a PM about the "I Keep Running Away story!  :-)

Samantha

Added Hearts of Desire... Since I'm craving it sooooo badly I'll put the idea up in this reply as well.

So, by now, you must see how much I adore the 1800s, well, I read a lot of historical romances that are based during that time period, and I know a bit about the peerage, gentry, whatever you'd like to call it. Well, its basically goes like this,

The idea is that in that time, women had to 'come out' meaning they had to start looking for husbands, that usually happened when they turn 20 or 21, and it is only socially accept able to go five seasons of looking for a husband. Well my character is in her last season, and desperately needs to find a husband, of course she needs to find a husband in the peerage right? Well, there is a newcomer, someone not born of the Dukes and the Earls, an entrepreneur, who, because of his money, cannot be ignored. They may have met before, and since she is so stubborn, ignores him when he asks to dance, but he is dead set on having her. Will she give in due to her age, financial need, or her desire for the attractive man?

I have LOADS of ideas with this one, I need a strong male who is dominant and keeps fighting for this woman who of course is stubborn.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and to be loved in return. ~Moulin Rouge~

~Ons and Offs~
 Here is the link to my O/O thread please take a look if you're interested in writing with me. I will say that long-lasting role plays are my favorite, and romances.

If you are interested in roleplaying, please send me a private message so we can chat more!

[/url]

Samantha

So, I'm still craving the idea in the post above this one, as well as any of my others, but here's some other ideas I'd like to try out.

Moulin Rouge
Based in the late 1800's or early 1900's

Its an extravagent place with floor shows and whores, if you've seen the movie, which I strongly suggest you do, I'd love to do an rp based on it.

Pride and Prejudice type of rp
Also based in the 1800's.

I'd love to play the strong willed Elizabeth. She and Mr.Darcy have a strong attraction but also are strong headed, he doesn't like her family, she doesn't like how stand-offish he is... We can talk more through pms, but basically they're so opposite, but are the same in many ways.

Pm me with some of your ideas.

~Ons and Offs~

[/url]

Samantha

Another idea popped in my head:

You're more than a simple temptation
Based in the 1800's

She hates how off her family is. Recently her family was brought back into the peerage after generations of having lost it. They're considered weird, but they always stand together. All she wanted was a simple life, none of the craziness, none of the parents death, no house fires, no crazy pets. After two seasons she may have found her perfect suitor but will this new stranger get in the way

Or we could modernize it...

~Ons and Offs~

[/url]