A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

400 hit points? Compared to Miss Demi Lich and Na'Amah thats some heavy hit points.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

2nd package does have -20 to my Swim speed and -4 on Swim/Climb checks as well, but I'll be Flying at all times anyways so I didn't list it.

Snake

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 13, 2011, 01:49:22 PM
Okay, which of the following packages should I go with:

Shadow Blend, Evasion, and Fast Healing 2 (plus other random junk)
or
+6 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +6 Cha, +2 NA, Powerful Build, 2 claw attacks, another bite attack, and a DC34 Save vs. Paralysis on each of my 11-12 natural attacks?

where'dyou get those from.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 13, 2011, 01:51:56 PM
400 hit points? Compared to Miss Demi Lich and Na'Amah thats some heavy hit points.

Only 234hp on Bob. Though, he just needs to nom on one god in order to become immortal.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2011, 12:36:12 PM
Question adding a vampire template doesn't render yo undead. thus no weakness to sunlight correct?

Well, you do not gain undead type but you do gain all vulrenabillities of the vampire (or from any template for that matter). It could not make sense why guy with Con score turns to dust in a sun but it is just your feature as unique demon/devil.

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 13, 2011, 10:23:34 AM
Like I asked before, given that we're all evil characters, would it be alright for the spells Desecrate and Unhallow to work, as well?  Otherwise you get such silliness as secret sacred spots in Hell and the Abyss where fiends go to heal any vile damage they've taken...

Edit: Hmm.  I wonder if I should make Studmuffin the Water Monolith a half-doppelganger...?  Perhaps if I could make the alternate form also be unique, it might work from a thematic perspective. ^^;

Short reply; No. You need to be evil guy under hallow/consecrate to heal vile dmg. It's part for villains having most nastiest dmg but it backfires if ally uses it vs them. Also gives you excuse tolerate annoying healing process and be vulrenable somewhat.

Anyways the all charsheets completed or in process post them in here. Pic is optional (but recommended).

The game OOC chatter/questions can move to here now as we closed recruitment already.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2011, 01:53:06 PM
where'dyou get those from.

The former is the Shadow Creature template, from Lords of Madness. +2 CR.

The latter is a combination of the Stone-boned and Ghoulish templates, at +1CR each.

I'm also going to end up throwing in Half-Ogre, because it's CR+0 if you're already Large or larger, and Half-Satyr for the headspike. Buy a Starmantle Cloak with my leftover cash (I don't feel guilty or cheesy anymore, because I lost Evasion when I gave up Shadow Creature) and I'm just about finished.

EDIT: Good thing I'm a 5th level Cleric who can cast Hallow.

QuoteOnly 234hp on Bob. Though, he just needs to nom on one god in order to become immortal.

Divine Rank isn't something Illithid Savant can absorb, unfortunately.

ShadowFox89

Blast. Right, I'll need to find some other way to become all powerful >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

This half fiend shadow vampire Ghaele is just insane with a slew of at will powers and casts divine spells as a 14th level cleric, can turn incorporeal which avoid sunlight weaknesses!)  But mentally I can't get around how this happened. unless it' the Lemorian version of half-feind )same ability mods and general bonuses just you gain a poison stinger instead of a bite attack and different spell like abilities)

ShadowFox89

Actually, anyone have a good list of creatures with abilities to nom on?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2011, 02:10:13 PM
This half fiend shadow vampire Ghaele is just insane with a slew of at will powers and casts divine spells as a 14th level cleric, can turn incorporeal which avoid sunlight weaknesses!)  But mentally I can't get around how this happened. unless it' the Lemorian version of half-feind )same ability mods and general bonuses just you gain a poison stinger instead of a bite attack and different spell like abilities)

I'm pretty sure that 14th level cleric casting becomes 10th level cleric casting by our house rules. If it doesn't then im switching to base creature Ha-Naga
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Snake

It probably would scope down but still it's a ALOT of abilities.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2011, 02:16:17 PM
It probably would scope down but still it's a ALOT of abilities.

Indeed it does scope down. But Ghaele got lots abilities. Anyways your vulrenable to sun light still even as light orb sadly :P. Take Master Vampire like Pale Enchantress did and get rid off those vulrenabillities (if do not want RP around them or take feat which allows ignore sunlight for charisma mod number of rounds).

Snake

Sahariel

Hi Guys,

So I read up on this and I am very interested. It has been years since I have been part of a roleplay like this in terms of planar scale and power level. The last time was . . . well back when second edition was still the big thing.

I created a character based onthe concept of a fallen angel. He's a melee character with high Charisma. I imagine Charisma will be very important in this play.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=357818

Suggestions are welcomed.

I am working on a detailed character background too.

Sahariel

Kunoichi

As I understand it, submissions are closed, unfortunately. ^^; Zaer might still let you in, though, since at least one of the players we had hasn't posted in a while.

I am curious as to how you got the Epic damage reduction and the ability to overcome it with your weapons, however...

SomeGuy

Solars naturally have 15/epic and evil.

Edit: And all weapons they use as well as their natural weapons are treated as good-aligned and epic for overcoming DR.

Kunoichi

*checks over stats again*

Oh. ^^; I must have accidentally been looking at the Planetar's stats.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, sorry for not replying in PM as I had been busy in catching up and so on. Anyways there is spot open as most who showed interest have been bit slow make their layers or chars and some may have disappeared. So your welcome to join with your char concept :).

However, as your fallen celestial you will loose your celestial subtype granted immunities and abilities and gain instead tana'ri, obyrith or baatezu subtype instead.

Snake

Hey Zaer I'm still here! *flails*  I'm just lost on one thing: WTF are the outsider skills you can use the SP you gain from the CR exchange?

Zaer Darkwail

I mentioned that if your base race has no racial skills then you can choose freely 6 skills which two must be knowlegde skills.

Snake

SomeGuy

Angels have a pretty nice subtype, I had forgotten just how good it was.

Sahariel

Oh, okay!

I'll swap that out. Is there still an opening in the roleplay?

. . . and might I impose upon one of you to link me to the post where Zaer provides insturctions on creating minions and planes?

Or I could just look through the threads tonight when I get back.

Have a good day folks