Lost Girl TV Show (Buffy+Grim+Meredith Gentry+?)

Started by JuliettaRossi, January 09, 2013, 01:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliettaRossi

I found a show on Netflix tonight - Lost Girl. I have a healthy respect for Canadian tv shoes right now. Anyone who likes any of the shows I listed and who misses Blood Ties as well may really like this series!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429449/

Seress

Have somewhat of an ongoing crush on Kenzi in Lost Girl, and now finally the newest season of the series has started releasing.  ;D

Geeklet

Oh, you aren't the only one with a Kenzi crush. That woman is awesome incarnate.

Seress

Geeklet

I liked her from the beginning, but there are two  events in season 2 that really solidified me on my adoration of that woman.

Season 2 Spoilers

The body switch episode when Kenzi was inside Dyson's body (Kris Holden-Ried totally stole everyone's spotlight with that).

And when Kenzi went after the Norn all badass with the chainsaw.

Can't wait until the 14th when Season 3 premiers in the US.

Seress

Moraline

Canadian here, been watching the show for a couple years now. Great show, lots of fun. Bo rocks, Kenzi is the best, and Hale is great too. The whole cast is lots of fun although the Doctor gets on my nerves a little sometimes.

CharlieSariel

Okay... I go away for a short half a year... and I -miss- the Kenzi Appreciation Thread?  I mean... Lost Girl Awesomeness?

Cooommmmeeee Baaaaack Fellow Kenithusiasts!

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Thesunmaid

My friend Jon mentioned that Lost Girl was a good show and I watched the first episode and then megaupload got shut down so I could not watch it on the site I was watching it on. But if its now on netflix kick ass!
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Sasquatch421

Actually I bought the first season for 14 bucks.... Now the second season is out....

Sabby

I got it because of Saffron and her newfound Slenderman obsession, and the episodes came with a trailer. So I watched it like o.o dafuq is this? Okay... this is... wait, what? This looks nothing like what they told me. It looks lame.

Oh... Once Upon a Time... hehe ^^' Probably should have read the whole title.

Diablerie

Need season 3 to come out already in DVD  -_-

Elias

One of the best shows out there. If I had time, I would be making an RP in the group section. *Nods sagely*

Diablerie

Quote from: Elias on March 16, 2013, 01:51:02 PM
One of the best shows out there. If I had time, I would be making an RP in the group section. *Nods sagely*

I would totally get on that  ::)

DarklingAlice

Utterly adore Lost Girl...even if many of the shows emotional drama elements could just be solved by sexy sexy polyamory (seriously...this should occur to a succubus). Powered through the first two seasons in the last month and want more so badly.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Diablerie

Quote from: DarklingAlice on March 16, 2013, 06:48:59 PM
Utterly adore Lost Girl...even if many of the shows emotional drama elements could just be solved by sexy sexy polyamory (seriously...this should occur to a succubus). Powered through the first two seasons in the last month and want more so badly.

^- This! +1

So, so, true!!!

Elias

thats why we need RP fan fic to fix this obsession with monogamy.

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

kajirakate

It would appear I am the only Lauren fan, but what the heck, Go Doc.
kk

Sabby

I watched the first episode. Felt kind of rushed, but that's what usually happens. Gotta establish as much as ya can in 20 minutes. So I'll reserve judgement until I get around to the a few more episodes, but it looks like it could be interesting.

Ever since I finished Sanctuary, I've been needing something new to watch.

Moraline

Great show, I luv it. Plot is a little thin and it's not deeply thought provoking but it's good fun and a little bit sexy. I enjoy the setting a lot and a couple of the actors like Ksenia Solo (Kenzi) are really good.

Mithlomwen

I love and adore this show. 

The ideas it presents are completely awesome.  I want a Dyson for my very own, and I would worship Kenzi.  ;D 

Plus the fact that the show isn't afraid to have two women snogging their brains out completely and totally rocks IMO. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Geeklet

Quote from: Moraline on March 20, 2013, 08:48:28 AM
Great show, I luv it. Plot is a little thin and it's not deeply thought provoking but it's good fun and a little bit sexy. I enjoy the setting a lot and a couple of the actors like Ksenia Solo (Kenzi) are really good.

I think the writers know that its not anything super serious, so it is a little intentionally cheezy and such, in a good way.

Also, I wish I could sneak a peak inside of Kenzi's closet.

DarklingAlice

Kenzi is my total hero. I would steel all her shoes.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Sasquatch421

I think everyone loves Kenzie... Was so mad at Ashmore when he popped in the second season and started going out with her. Though Bo did have it rough that season as well. It seemed everyone she was with found another person and she was by herself.