Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on June 10, 2015, 10:00:28 PM
Lena Fujii has all the qualities I want in a model for my human, and her face has such great character, so let's go with her for my face claim.

Done!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Note of Dirty Secrets:  They don't have to be horrific or terrifying just something that your character would not want anyone knowing...ever.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Haloriel

Quote from: Crash on June 10, 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Note of Dirty Secrets:  They don't have to be horrific or terrifying just something that your character would not want anyone knowing...ever.

Quick Translation: Don't need horror, but they need to present as wondrous GM fodder. RIP.  -queue evil laughter-

Excellent to know, Crash.  Such nice GM.  :-)

Crash

Quote from: Haloriel on June 10, 2015, 11:36:28 PM
Quick Translation: Don't need horror, but they need to present as wondrous GM fodder. RIP.  -queue evil laughter-

Excellent to know, Crash.  Such nice GM.  :-)

>:)  ::)

Crash

Good morning Candlewickians.

I have to make this guy a character....

Praxis

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2015, 08:27:15 AM
Good morning Candlewickians.

I have to make this guy a character....

I fully endorse your rampant peacockery!

Crash

Quote from: Praxis on June 11, 2015, 08:29:47 AM
I fully endorse your rampant peacockery!

Thank you sir.  I shall do my best.

I have plans to start a Finders/Seekers thread for Fae creatures.  Dark Fae and Ladies are easy to find.  Male Fae and commoners are not so easy.

Niferbelle

Good morning all. I'm not done but I've decided to post what I have so far.

***WIP***

Name: Aithinne Saighneán / Aida Kim (mortal name)
Player: Niferbelle
Concept:  Sidhe / Moonlighting Deputy, Keeper of Mortals for the Winter Court
Dirty Secret: 

Court: Winter
Court Rank: Knight/Dame
Sex: Female
On’s: Brains, the strong silent type, clashing equals and here.
Off’s: Gentleness, tenderness, emotional attachment and here.

Appearance:
Hair: White
Eyes: Black
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 130
Description:
In her mortal guise Aithinne appears to be a tallish woman of Asian descent. She’s slender and wiry with long, platinum blond hair which is the only unusual aspect of her appearance. She tends to dress casually, in utilitarian clothing, and doesn’t wear much make-up most days.

Her true form is similar in basic appearance as far as features go but the Mantle of Winter has caused an unusual effect in her case, perhaps due to her natural abilities. In this state she appears to be surrounded by a mini aurora borealis which plays around her, often casting her hair and skin in the pale hues of the lights of the far north. Jewels formed of ice adorn her and her dress which will frost over with crackling, cold energy.

Personality:
Taciturn: If you’re craving small talk or are uncomfortable in silence, Aithinne is not the one you want to seek out. She generally only speaks when asked a question or she has something of consequence to say, otherwise she prefers to keep her own counsel.
Ordered: Perhaps it was the chaos of her youth but these days Aithinne likes structure and order. This covers everything from the state of her tidy little apartment to maintaining order. As such, she’s grown into her mortal role as deputy and takes satisfaction from keeping the peace beyond her duties to her court.
Detached: She rarely lets her emotions get the better of her and is able to look at nearly any situation objectively. This causes many people to think of her as cold or uncaring but it’s more her way of trying to keep her actions and decisions as rational as possible. Good things have not happened when she allows her emotions to get in the way.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though love lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions. 

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Contracts:
Contract of Elements - Lighting
-- Can control flow of electricity through an object (i.e. car battery, computer, fuse box, etc.)
-- In a fight she can encase herself in electrical charges that don’t absorb much physical damage but will absorb energy and also damages anyone who strikes her in this state
-- Can load an electrical charge into a substance that is conductive and this charge will stay until it is discharged by touch (for instance, a metal doorknob, metal walking cane, car door). Additionally she can electrify weapons to cause even more damage.
-- Can absorb an electrical charge and disperse it in her body. This has yet to be tested at higher levels – even she doesn’t know what would happen if tried to do something reckless like take a bolt of lightning to the chest.

Contract of Separation
-- Can run across impassable surfaces and slow a fall
-- If unjustly shackled, can escape any restraint
-- Can pass through locked doors and windows
-- can avoid/dodge attacks so long as she doesn’t retaliate
-- can become intangible provided she is without weapon or armor

Oaths:

Background: Aithinne grew up in the mortal world, an orphan who was taken in by a man who was not her father, an oathless pooka who went only by the name of Pádraig or Paddy. He was part confidence trickster, part thief, a Fagan-like figure who had assembled his own little band of fae orphans to help in his endeavors. Aithinne’s earliest memories were of the Far East though the little band roved so much from place to place in the end she saw much of the world. Paddy was not unkind to the children though they were expected to pull their weight and he would keep the children entertained with tales of their true parents in the evenings although nobody’s story was ever the same upon each retelling which led them as they grew older to realize he’d probably never told them the truth at all.

Only two ‘facts’ of Aithinne’s story remained consistent – that her mother was a kitsune and her father a great fae king who was exiled from his court. The story of why she had been separated from them or how she had come to be in Paddy’s possession changed many time over the years. She has dismissed it all as a series of fanciful tales created to make a raggedly little girl feel like a princess. In time she gave up wondering about her parents and gave herself the last name of Saighneán, thereby putting all thoughts of her lineage out of her mind.

Crash

Beautiful character Niferbelle.  I love her personality and interesting background.

Current players and those that have shown interest.  Please feel free to recruit players. We need to fill out the Fae courts some since I can't NPC every lower court member and a few more humans wouldn't be bad either.

Niferbelle

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2015, 11:12:03 AM
Beautiful character Niferbelle.  I love her personality and interesting background.

Thank you Crash :) The face claim really inspired me.

Crash

I love her mantle and it worked awesome with the image you have.  I know I want to interact with her and I am sure others will too.

Niferbelle

I have another question. As far as the courts go, does every area have it's own kings/queens of the seasons? Or are the kings/queens here THE kings and queens? And is there any significance to a Prince/Princess title other than that person is high ranking nobility?

bubby

I still need to like.. read a SHIT TON more, because I keep seeing this 'contract' thing and I'm all   ???  , so yeah, I need to read. Busy, busy. I'm assuming contract kinda means 'power'?

If so, I'll more then likely deal in fire. Summer = hot = fire. Yes? If I'm assuming things correctly of course.

AAAANNNNND... if anyone wants to plot with me, or wants to be part of the Summer Court (I'm not seeing any takers so far), my PM box is open. If there ends up being no one in said Court, I'm not sure me being Queen would be needed at all.

Crash

Quote from: Niferbelle on June 11, 2015, 12:47:12 PM
I have another question. As far as the courts go, does every area have it's own kings/queens of the seasons? Or are the kings/queens here THE kings and queens? And is there any significance to a Prince/Princess title other than that person is high ranking nobility?

Each are has its own version of a Court.  The Prince/Princess title was originally thought to be a noble directly related to the current King/Queen.

Quote from: bubby on June 11, 2015, 01:00:21 PM
I still need to like.. read a SHIT TON more, because I keep seeing this 'contract' thing and I'm all   ???  , so yeah, I need to read. Busy, busy. I'm assuming contract kinda means 'power'?

If so, I'll more then likely deal in fire. Summer = hot = fire. Yes? If I'm assuming things correctly of course.

AAAANNNNND... if anyone wants to plot with me, or wants to be part of the Summer Court (I'm not seeing any takers so far), my PM box is open. If there ends up being no one in said Court, I'm not sure me being Queen would be needed at all.

Contracts are a group of themed powers.  So the Contract of Wrath would be a group of powers surrounding the emotion of Wrath.  Contract of Smoke is a group of powers surrounding concealment and misdirection.  You are free to take two contracts and then define your own specific powers within those contracts.

I am hoping to get a few more Fae characters of each court be they current players playing more than one character or new players.  Courts do wax and wane in strength so sometimes there are fewer of one court than another.  It is still important to have a King or Queen in the Vale because the courts took an oath to share power based on the season.  Even if there was only one Summer fae they would need to rule during the Summer or the Seasons get angry and bad things start to happen.

bubby

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2015, 01:17:53 PM

Contracts are a group of themed powers.  So the Contract of Wrath would be a group of powers surrounding the emotion of Wrath.  Contract of Smoke is a group of powers surrounding concealment and misdirection.  You are free to take two contracts and then define your own specific powers within those contracts.

I am hoping to get a few more Fae characters of each court be they current players playing more than one character or new players.  Courts do wax and wane in strength so sometimes there are fewer of one court than another.  It is still important to have a King or Queen in the Vale because the courts took an oath to share power based on the season.  Even if there was only one Summer fae they would need to rule during the Summer or the Seasons get angry and bad things start to happen.

As always, you're awesome with the answers Mister Sir Awesomesauce GM Fella!  ;)  Thanks hun.

Crash

I need to start a game info thread so I can put all of these useful tidbits in one place.

Haloriel

More edits, Queen of Spring
Name: Queen Titania Illurian'sorel; Bride of the Forest, Light of the Dawning Flowers, Mistress of the Morningstar.
Player: Haloriel
Human Form Face Claim: Emilia Clarke
Fae Form Face Claim: Art by IgnisFatuusII
Concept:  Queen of the Spring Court; Owner of the Dark Forest Preserve, Legal Hunting Grounds.
Dirty Secret:  The Queen's Garden Preserve is actually full of Ancient Fae under a curse from the previous King that she cannot release.  He sank to madness, and it is believed that the full passing of the crown was peaceful to his once-wife, but in fact, she actually killed Oberon in self defense when he turned on her.  This secret and the broken heart she has suffered for nearly seven centuries due to Oberon's slow descent to madness, and then, his later death is part of the reason she departed Arcadia.
Court: Spring
Court Rank: Queen
Sex: Female
Orientation: Pansexual.
On’s&Off’s: Guide to a Proper Lady

Appearance:
Hair: Usually Brown, but can change with her moods.
Eyes: Usually Blue, but also can change with her moods.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 'How rude.'

Description:

Human Form: In her human form, Titiania is a lovely brunette, well mannered and pleasant.  She is on the shorter side and as well curved as one might expect a woman to be.  Even in this form, she holds enough power of her status that she leaks magic: plants, fruit, and trees, other natural things seem all the more vibrant and beautiful in her presence as they would be at their peak forms.  Fair of skin is the Spring Queen, whom even once was worshipped as goddess, or so rumour has it.

Fae Form: While very few Fae have even seen the fullness of the Queen's form, it is a sight to behold.  Her skin gains a luminescence and sparkle that explains the title Mistress of the Morningstar, while her very hair shifts hues near constantly from earthen browns, to greens and blondes, and every hue in between.  Feathers, branches and butterflies lay nestled within said hair which reaches well beyond her feet, trailing in silken, rope like braids to the ground.  Wherever she steps in said form, nature blooms to life in all of its glory.  Nearly, it is said, the Bride of the Forest is too bright to look upon for too long, lest one be snared still to remain at her side in desire and courtly love ... forever.

Personality:

Mercurial: Is she that is spring entire not a force of all nature.  Her mind changes like the winds that blow rain through the wilds.  The best bet of a courtier wishing to rise is to keep on that side of sweetness.

Elegant: Beauty is everything in the Court of Eternal Springtime.  Thus, the Queen's efforts are that rendered like unto breathing.

Loyal: Those that offer their service to her without qualm are always best loved, like flowers wreathing around the roots of an ancient tree, the Queen adores those that love her first of all creatures.

Ferocious:  Betrayal is dealt with swiftly and with a consummate justice.  She does not tolerate scheming and foul cruelty for the sake of itself.  There is but ONE master of the Spring Court, and it is she that holds back the Wild Hunt, and wears the Crown of Antlers.

Passionate: As all blooming things, so too is this lady wild as the profusion of growth that overtakes winter's gracious sleep.

Maternal: Children are her greatest love.  She has had many.

Compassionate: Her heart, while certainly it would be strange to a human, the Queen cares deeply about life, love and all within her purview.

Changeling Abilities:

Long lived – Outside of Arcadia changelings are mortal though long lived.  Changelings need glamor to live and use their magic.  Glamour is gained from strong emotions or dreams and can be gathered in one of three ways.  Items from the outskirts of Arcadia such as goblin fruit contain glamour, but more commonly Changelings feed on the emotions of humans.  This can be done by leeching already present emotions from humans, stepping into a mortals dreams and stealing a little bit of their dream for yourself or reaping which is inciting quick burst of emotions.  Reaping is not as nourishing as leeching and can cause severe emotional trauma of done repeatedly.

Glamour – The art of making one thing look like another.  All Changelings have this ability to some extent.  Their true selves and all things made of glamour or from the hedge appear mundane to human eyes unless the human has been glamoured in which case they can see the Changelings as they truly are.  Many Changelings learn to expand their use of glamour to spin incredibly realistic illusions. 

Oath Spinning – The Changelings take oaths and promises very seriously.  A true oath will state what is expected of the Changelings and the thing they are oathsworn too and what the repercussions are to both parties should they break this oath.

Mantle of True Spring- Growing things sprout from beneath the Queen's feet while her black, twisted long bow and deadly spear manifest within upon her person when about the business of taking an oath or offering forth a contract, while her skin shimmers like starlight.

Contracts:

Defensive/Offensive:

Mistress of the Wild Hunt of Spring- All the beasts, hunters and fowl of the wild can be called forth once per moon for the purpose of ending traitors. Not all of these beasts are normal.  Some are fae bound to the service of the hunt itself.
Song of the Trees- Titania is able to either turn the trees against one with malevolent intent in which they bind the offender in roots.
Entombment of the Vines- Released from her fingertips, vines shoot out and are able to stop an attacker in their tracks.
Blight-Warder-The Queen is immune to rot and blight, as is anyone that is within her sphere of influence, or that she touches directly for that time period particularly if her emotions are engaged for said person.
Song of the Star Flowers- Able to call faerie-lights around her to offer both brightness when either she or a member of her court is under attack, and damage those that seek harm.

Aiding/Blessing:

Song of Fireflowers- Able to call desire or passion to rise in another person before her, though more over, Titania is able to increase said feelings if they are already there.  When there is desire for her within the other, the affect is strongest.
Earth Sense- The Queen can attempt to track anything or anyone in her own space, living or dead.  The darker the intentions, the better she can try to zero in on a potential location.
Earthly Blessing- With an Oath, if the person in question already has nature gifts, and with her own affection toward them, she is able to increase that gift.
Dawn of the Passions- If a target freely tells their desires, Titania can force them to pursue it with single-mindedness..
Nature's Peace- Able to turn herself into a tree, flower, or drops of rain after deep concentration.
Healing Rain- The Queen can heal natural any wound of those that have been bound to her in some way, with the exception of those that would cause true death.  The healing affect is greater upon a person that she loves or feels some sort of passion and desire for.

Oaths: The greatest Oaths Titania gave are as follows: she once gave was that to her husband, whom is very, very dead, but it remains binding upon her which was to honour all of the children of his body, even if they were not her own.  It is her place to protect all natural life and as such is bound by the constraints of Spring.  She has a tenderness for halfblooded Fae and humans with a gift of nature arts and will not harm them without due cause as a result of an Oath offered to a once-lover that gave her a half human child.

Background: Titania was the true Queen of the Old One, King Oberon.  They had ruled longer it seemed, than time itself in Arcadia as the dual heads of the Spring Court, and entirely equal, until the twisting darkness that gathered in one part of the forest began to turn her beloved's mind to something unclean and dark.  As a woman, as a queen of the Fae that had completed a true act of creation in the birth of many a child, she was immune to this mired, foul madness and weakness.  She fled Arcadia with his death and the obliteration of much of the beautiful forest lands there that was in fact a direct result of the King's corruption. Thus, with his death and her departure, the land returned eventually to what it was intended to be, as a great irony.  Now, the lady of the dawning lights makes her home in the center of the Dark Forest, which contains the only spot of brightness in her life.  As her human guise, she appears to be nothing more than a kindly eccentric landowner and operator of the Hunting Preserve.

(More to come especially here)

Not done, still working  ;)

Hazy Sky

*Waves at Haloriel.* Haven't seen you in ages. Nice to bump into you again.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Haloriel

Niferbelle

Haloriel

Crash

I hope do do some more work here tomorrow night.  I have had a request for more info on Arcadia.  Any other requests for info?

Haloriel

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2015, 11:46:06 PM
I hope do do some more work here tomorrow night.  I have had a request for more info on Arcadia.  Any other requests for info?

That's my primary one, perhaps more information about the mortal world, but I figure you'll get around to it.  Also, what is the difference between True Fae and Changeling?  Or is that the same thing.  That's probably where I'm most puzzled.  Lastly, do you have an age cap on Fae characters?

Crash

True Fae are powerful Fae lords that live solely in Arcadia.  They are completely alien and amoral beings.  Any true face that enters the mortal world is vastly reduced in power. It is why they fear exile.  Humans do intrigue them though and they occasionally sneak into the mortal realm to snatch them.

I am using changeling as a catch all for exiled Fae, those fae that have escaped the True Fae and those humans that were taken or wandered into Arcadia and were transformed by it and those of Fae blood born in the Mortal realm.

The longer a Fae remains in the a Mortal realm the fuzzier their memories of Arcadia become.

Age and time is mutable in Arcadia.  So it is really hard to say an age limit.  I Fae could have been born in Ancient Rome, spent twenty years in Arcadia and come back out in 2015.  The only rule is time jumps only happen forward in time not backwards when you go to Arcadia.

The only mortal world that matters in the game is The Vale which in itself is a bit of an enigma to puzzle out.

Tinkertoy

Crash, I found a peacock lady for your peacock gent....so pretty pretty.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.