This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

Sabby

The Overlord

Sad and bizarre.

Also brilliant and beautiful. The artist uses a very simplistic style but there is a visual and implied depth and profundity that’s just awesome.

…just out of curiosity, did it not occur to them to bring a ladder to the glass and climb over?

September

I think the glass wall was supposed to be a metaphor for something that stops you having the relationship you want, like death or distance or unrequited feelings, not an actual wall you could climb over with a ladder.
Some of my ons.

The Overlord

Quote from: September on October 01, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
I think the glass wall was supposed to be a metaphor for something that stops you having the relationship you want, like death or distance or unrequited feelings, not an actual wall you could climb over with a ladder.

I believe you're right. Especially given the glass wall's demonstrated capacity to regenerate.

Actually, I would have loved to seen a ladder introduced, because it would have made great symbolism for the moral high ground that finally pulls these two together over obstacles. I feel it’s deserving of a sequel.

I’m still not quite sure how I should interpret the very last scene of the story though, other than perhaps loves always finds a way.

Kirei

http://altiz-studio.deviantart.com/art/DrawWithMe-119999661

That image should help interpret the story. (as you can see, the hand the boy is drawing with now is the same color as girl's hand.) ^_^

I actually have that as my wallpaper :P
Likes/Dislikes

It's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

The Overlord

Quote from: Kirei on October 07, 2009, 05:10:04 AM
http://altiz-studio.deviantart.com/art/DrawWithMe-119999661

That image should help interpret the story. (as you can see, the hand the boy is drawing with now is the same color as girl's hand.) ^_^

OMG....

Sel Nar

Love, Companionship, What-have-you, It always finds a way, even through Sacrifice.

When you think about it, It's a story of hope, not of sadness.

DarklingAlice

Oh wow. That is amazingly evocative. I am crying, but I am not sure if it is all sadness. This is an amazing example of how even a simple thing, if done right, becomes absurdly beautiful and meaningful.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

September

I thought the ending was the boy reconciling himself to the fact that he could only have a limited relationship with the girl.  To me they didn't get together in the end at all, just settled for what they could have.

It made me think of people who've died, and I would give so much to have them around again because I love them so much, but I have to settle for my memories of them.
Some of my ons.