The Election Thread

Started by Stattick, September 26, 2012, 01:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: sirtree on November 12, 2012, 12:55:23 PM
Yes this is so true when you pick up the phone and you hear that Obama is the devil from a robot..... It is well a good test of how patient you are heheh.

I was getting them from both sides.. at one point I had FIFTEENTH in a day.. started at 8 am with a wakeup from 'Cherry' for the GOP.. then Huckabe, Ryan, Romney, 'Candy', 2 from the Dems,  John McCain (boy did they castrate him..), two more from GOP girls with stripper names, a live call from the DEMs.. (they were polite when I started swearing at them..promised to take my name off.. never heard from them), 2 live calls from the GOP (they hung up on me in mid rant first time, promised 2nd time to pull my name), 2 from Crossroads, and ANOTHER Live call from the GOP. AT 10 PM!

pyrostinger

Oniya

'Strippers for Mitt'?  Now I'm thinking I missed out...  O_o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

sirtree

To be honest I live in a more conservative area so I got more attack Obama and such but it was insane and it nearly made me throw my phone at the dam wall here I am studying bank balance sheets and I hear some punk robot talking to me urg.

Serephino

Luckily, I only got two calls.  One was live asking me to support Obama.  The other was a robocall with a message from Bill Clinton.  The Republicans left me alone.

Stattick

Quote from: Oniya on November 12, 2012, 01:28:17 PM

Why do you think he needs all those women in binders?
O/O   A/A

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Stattick on November 12, 2012, 02:34:26 PM
Why do you think he needs all those women in binders?

*chokes on her iced tea* 

That seriously made me laugh out loud. 

/hijack
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Lux12

That made my day.It wouldn't surprise me if they found one of those one of these days.

Callie Del Noire

Sorta like this.. I started noticing a trend in the women's names on the calls like .. Stella, Candy, Carli, Dana and so on.. so I made the joke to a friend of  mine.. they cracked up

Oniya

And now, in what would probably be the final, ironic coda for this election:

Poetic justice: Romney likely to finish at 47 percent

QuoteWhen all the votes are counted, could Mitt Romney really end up achieving perfect poetic justice by finishing with 47 percent of the national vote? Yup. Dave Wasserman of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report says new votes in from Maryland put Romney at 47.56 percent. He predicts with certainty that with all of New York and California counted, Romney will end up below 47.5 percent of the vote.

Maybe he was right about 'not having to worry about 47% of the voters'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Vekseid

Lux12

Wait are they still counting? :o

Oreo

Yes, the absentee and paper ballots take longer to process.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

gaggedLouise

Quote from: sirtree on November 12, 2012, 12:55:23 PM
Yes this is so true when you pick up the phone and you hear that Obama is the devil from a robot..... It is well a good test of how patient you are heheh.

Seriously a robot (or a taped auto-call machine)? They should have had it in a Borg voice.  :D Now that's one bit of electioneering we're not getting here any time soon.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lux12

Some people are attempting to spread ideology over the phone?Oh joy.

Oniya

It's called telemarketing.  Charities and political organizations are immune to the Do Not Call list.  Usually the weeks before the election, every registered voter gets called up by the various teams trying to 'get the vote out'.

I have never been more glad to be cell-phone only.

LunarSage

Which is funny, because bugging me by calling me at a really inopportune time is -not- the way to get my vote.   -_-

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

Quote from: LunarSage on November 24, 2012, 09:28:02 AM
Which is funny, because bugging me by calling me at a really inopportune time is -not- the way to get my vote.   -_-

Yup :D

Callie Del Noire

What surprised me is there are STILL attack ads being run on some stations.. I was having thanksgiving dinner with a friend and we saw a crossroads ad on TV...

Marikir

Welcome to the world of the permanent election cycle.  Enjoy your stay, citizen. 

Lux12

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 24, 2012, 12:54:28 PM
What surprised me is there are STILL attack ads being run on some stations.. I was having thanksgiving dinner with a friend and we saw a crossroads ad on TV...

I've heard about that and I'm just sick of those damned commercials in general.I swear there should be some form of legislation banning them from doing that after an election.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on November 24, 2012, 09:19:33 AM
It's called telemarketing.  Charities and political organizations are immune to the Do Not Call list.  Usually the weeks before the election, every registered voter gets called up by the various teams trying to 'get the vote out'.

I have never been more glad to be cell-phone only.

Reading those posts by you, sirtree and Callie before, at first I thought it was an actual robot doing the talking - or at least, some fully pre-recorded message/s being played up from a machine that was running through an automated list of phone numbers, the kind of list that telemarketers have as a baseline tool. Like ELIZA doing election peptalk...a rather strange proposition!

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lux12

What irritates me the most about that is that they don't have the guts to get an actual person to tell you this stuff.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Lux12 on November 24, 2012, 01:18:26 PM
I've heard about that and I'm just sick of those damned commercials in general.I swear there should be some form of legislation banning them from doing that after an election.

Advertisements are people too.  First Amendment!  First Amendment!

Why do you hate the Constitution?

^Sarcasm for those who may not know me.