News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2012, 09:28:50 PM
*hugs tight* Josi!!!!  :-* So many good writers here!

*hugs back and smooches* hey you!  Loved to have you with us!

Also.. :

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Haloriel

Nice one, Josi. :D

@Lunar Sage: ~stabs the Gryffindor with sharp snake fangs~  I win, I win, I win!!!  >.>

I'll just ... go over here now. <.<  8-)

Zealously Jaded

:o

Um....I did not see anything. *runs away*

Kokaine

o.O   *now knows at least one person Ollie will be staying clear of* 
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Remiel

Holy crap, is this starting?

*stares forlornly at the roster...sure all the roles have been filled, by now*

Nadir

They are all OCs, mostly. Jooooin usssssss

kasper

Quote from: LunarSage on January 05, 2012, 09:40:13 PM
Woohoo!  Gryffindor for the win!   ;D

Yay!

And a Slytherin! Woo!

I can't wait to find out what house Tabby's placed in. It's kinda exciting. I feel like I shouldn't be so excited/anxious to find out, but I am! lol.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

CurvyKitten

I got a stupid question, been reading up to get a better feel of the setting. And I keep seeing the fact the wizards have a hard time with modern tech. I just can't really find a reason why? Is it the magical words just kind of rejects it or reacts badly to it?

Again dumb question it was just one of those things that made me think. ~goes back to reading~

SomeGuy

Quote from: Remiel on January 05, 2012, 10:15:32 PM
Holy crap, is this starting?

*stares forlornly at the roster...sure all the roles have been filled, by now*

We don't have set roles, and the more the merrier. Joooooooiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn uuuuuuuuuussssssss.

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 05, 2012, 10:26:08 PM
I got a stupid question, been reading up to get a better feel of the setting. And I keep seeing the fact the wizards have a hard time with modern tech. I just can't really find a reason why? Is it the magical words just kind of rejects it or reacts badly to it?

Again dumb question it was just one of those things that made me think. ~goes back to reading~

Well modern tech is used to make muggles lives easier... wizards have magic... it's not really needed, that's how I see it anyway.

SomeGuy

Magic interferes with modern technology, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I read the books.

Nadir

Hermione mentions how Hogwarts fries all electrical gadgets in Goblet Of Fire, so make sure your characters watches are clockwork ^_^

Aiden

To add on to what some others are saying.

Why buy a van when you can fit a family of ten in four dour sedan with a basic "spacious" charm.

Why have keys and locks when you can open doors with the tap of your wand, stir your coffee, hang your clothes, summon you clothing and stuff etc etc.  Magic is just the "technology" of the wizards, the muggles just have the "crappy" end of the stick.

They have to wash and hang their clothes when a wizard can just "scourgify" it.

As for Tech within Hogwarts, there will be none. Most of you are purebloods who would think muggle tech inferior anyway. Iggy is gonna be one who is annoyed not to have his smart phone on him or connected to the internet.  XD

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Zealously Jaded

CurvyKitten

Nods~ thanks guys. I guess it is just a matter of growing up differently. Growing up in the wizards world your simply used to doing it magically where as a muggle is used to doing it mundanely. Makes sense, thank you all.

I never finished reading all the books, so I'm just trying to read up so I have a grasp on things.

Plus I need to pick which PC I'd like to play more, Mina or Akemi. 

What no I-pod...EEPS. ~goes in search of a magical mp3 player~ lolz

Zealously Jaded

They have radios but they have their own music.

Caela

Quote from: Haloriel on January 05, 2012, 10:11:35 PM
Nice one, Josi. :D

@Lunar Sage: ~stabs the Gryffindor with sharp snake fangs~  I win, I win, I win!!!  >.>

I'll just ... go over here now. <.<  8-)

~smirks and uses the raven's beak to snap the snake in half before flying into a tree so the badger can't sneak up on her~

I WIN!!! :P

~runs off to play with her wand~

Haloriel

Quote from: Caela on January 05, 2012, 11:29:33 PM
~smirks and uses the raven's beak to snap the snake in half before flying into a tree so the badger can't sneak up on her~

I WIN!!! :P

~runs off to play with her wand~
LOL!  Me thinks I have been bested.  Don't worry.  I'll get you next time, Gadget!

Go, gadget go!  Ba nananana na na na na na na!

@Remiel: 'One of us ... one of us ...' 

That's all I've got.  8-)  ... I can't read or write.  ~headdesk~

Caela

Quote from: Haloriel on January 05, 2012, 11:34:37 PM
LOL!  Me thinks I have been bested.  Don't worry.  I'll get you next time, Gadget!

Go, gadget go!  Ba nananana na na na na na na!

@Remiel: 'One of us ... one of us ...' 

That's all I've got.  8-)  ... I can't read or write.  ~headdesk~

~giggles~ I can't write anything tonight either...it's too late and my brain is mush but I can't sleep either. meh.

I know most of the characters are first years, but are there any other 4th years, or is it just us? If it's just us we should probably stick together against all the pipsqueaks!!! Even if we're not the most natural of allies lol...Our girls could bond over the annoyance of having to share space with "kids" so much younger than them! :)

kasper

There's several first years, I think one 2nd year, about 2-3 3rd years, 2-3 4th years, I think and 2-3 5th years.

EDIT:
A Real Count:

First Years: 16 (Assuming those who left the area determining their house blank wish to be first years.)
Second Years: 1
Third Years: 2
Fourth Years: 2
Fifth Years: 2

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

CurvyKitten

I'm working on which on I want to play more, my first year or my third year. It does seem like we have a lot of first years though. Hmm which should I play Akemi or Mina? Dang my muse for coming up with two idea's.

Nadir

Getting owl post is so effing awesome

Kendra

Quote from: octopusdreams on January 05, 2012, 06:51:14 PM
Ohhhh okay. Me too. All I have is a lame twin size bed no privacy for me.

And I was going to say if you need help photoshopping things I might be of assistance. But I suppose they are secret things?

You're a sweetheart and thank you so much for the offer ;)
when things aren't quite so secretive I might just take you up on that but for now tis all good *HugS*

@ Saerra and Tab - no worries on those images, they look great. Just edit them in to your character sheets - I'll be getting to those images soon enough but am giving you all the necessary time you need to make your adjustments so no rush ;)

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 05, 2012, 07:57:28 PM
I'm very interested in throwing my hat in the ring, but I need to wait until I find out if I'll be able to due to some unpleasant personal business looming ahead in the near future. Would it be possible to join the game after its official start?
Aiden answered this already but to concur it is indeed. I fear my own student character will have to wait until the craziness dies down and I finally decide if I can manage her as well as my professor, head mistress and the npc characters  ::)

@ Remiel and Trieste - There are plenty of places available and every writer is going to go at their own pace. Being a satyr and a goddess which means busy busy, the trick will be to find another student/s in game who will run at the same pace and even if you can't then there are always npc characters that the GMs will run to help any one along. ;)

Quote from: LunarSage on January 05, 2012, 09:40:13 PM
Woohoo!  Gryffindor for the win!   ;D
Professor Selvridge-Proudmane heartily agrees!  ;D

others have answered this effectively enough methinks ;)
but we'll post this question to the FAQ for future reference as IME people still invariably post ipods and laptops and digital watches on Hogwarts grounds  ::)

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 05, 2012, 10:41:57 PM
There would be no E!
*just giggles*  ;D

Quote from: Eden on January 06, 2012, 02:22:43 AM
Getting owl post is so effing awesome

now I want one  XD

Morning all
*hugs all round* ;)

CurvyKitten

Morning Hun~ offers uber coffee and happily takes de hug~