Anyone up for a western?

Started by SciFiSpectacle, February 17, 2012, 01:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SciFiSpectacle

I am in the mood for a western RP! What I have in mind is fairly open, where you can create your character to pretty much be whatever, but that the main focus is a group is getting together to stop a rampant hitman that has been moving through the south and passing judgement on every type of people, from killing a mayor to a simple prostitute. I suspect romance would be a big part of this, as well as violence, showdowns, bar fights, drinking, card games, and dealing with con men and women. Anyone interested?

Sarah Morgan

This definitely has my interest!  I'm a big fan of romance in general, and I'm currently in an email group where I'm writing a story that's set in the Western era, so a group game might be fun too.  Hopefully this will gather some more interest!

Photo

agreed if this gathered interest i think I'd be ready to involve myself. About seven characters just flew into my head, so i don't see why i can't nail one or two of them into the post.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Eleah

Pretty intrigued as well! Thinking it would work nicely with a relatively small group...? Say 5 max?

Photo

it's looking to gain attention fast. i'm thinking a sandbox would work better than a full plot... or paybe vice versa, I've just got to know what kind of RP we're aiming for before i pull the trigger on a character creation
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Loves

I got my first taste of a western in Lola's so yes, I would say that I am interested. Would love to learn more about the story you had in mind.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Innocence

Ooooh I'd be interested
When you mentioned killing a prostitute my mind instantly went 'DING!'
And I have a character in mind now =]

SciFiSpectacle

Well I had in mind that it would be very open, almost a sandbox but not quite that much freedom. Think Fallout or Red Dead Redemption if you will. There would be this plot going on all around, but it would only be the focus if you want it to be. All I know for sure at this point is I would love to do a western haha!

SugarAndSpice

I'm interested, I do like western stories now and again

Chrystal

Somebody say Western?

Colour me interested!

I like to play a butch sort-of "Calamity Jane" type character, if you have room for one?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

SciFiSpectacle

There is room for just about everyone haha. There would be multiple threads made to accomodate a map of the 'playable land'. Since I don't know much about the real old west, locations and what not, I think I will make a fictional area based on real locations. Comments?

Loves

I enjoy fictional, I don't like to strap my imagination to sticking with the facts.   
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Photo

I support all fiction, this doesn't feel like a period piece.

I'm excited to see what kind of tone we get from this group of people. I think it's going to be really fun
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

SciFiSpectacle

UPDATE

Here we have our character application/skeleton, give everyone that's interested in joining something to fill out to help the creative process and to give me an idea of what you all would like to play! Any gender, any orientation, just humans though!

Character Name:
Nickname:
Orientation:
Appearance: (please include height and weight as well as build, fat, skinny, lithe, buff, etc)
Fears:
Goals:
Weapons: (if any)
Equipment: (if any)
Horse: (if any)
Home: (if any, you'll just have to say yes you have a home at this point till a map is made. You can also describe it, is it a ranch? Farm? Or just a home?)
Background: (a little history of your characters life!)
Other:

Jassara Sunn

Yay!! Id love to join if you'll have me?? If so I'll start on the spread today.

And what about something along the lines of Wild Wild West, the one Will Smith played in??

Chrystal

Yay charsheet *gets to work on it*

Personally I would prefer a period type setting, but I can go with a more steam-punk theme if other people prefer that.

As for the location, a fictional one is always best, unless you're wanting to use "cannon" (i.e. historical) characters. The Trans-Mississippi is big enough that in the thirty years that the Wild West existed (end of Civil War to start of 20th century), there is plenty of scope for just about anything!

My best suggestion for a plot would be the classic "land grab because the railroad is coming through" that you find in Westerns from the 1940s through to today!

Character Name: Nichola Stone

Nickname: Stoneface

Orientation: Gay

Appearance: height 5'3" (160 cm) weight 89 lbs (40.3 kg). Hair dark and long, often tied back into a pony tail. Skinny to the point of looking malnourished. Grubby and unkempt, she can easily be mistaken for a young man, an error she encourages.

Likes: Girls, food, whisky, poker, winning, food, money, keeping out of trouble, soft beds, hot baths.

Dislikes: Men, cardsharps, lawmen, bartenders who water the whisky, hard work, staying in one place too long.

Fears: Being with a group of men who find out she's a woman, her past catching up with her.

Goals: To stay one jump ahead of the law, for now.

Weapons: matched pair of Smith & Wesson Model 3 revolvers, Winchester model 1873 repeating rifle.

Equipment: Twin gun belt, saddle with rifle holster, rope, saddlebags, bedroll, slicker.

Horse: 3 year old palomino gelding called Clay

Home: None

Background: Nicky Stone was raised on a small farm in Kentucky. Her father was killed during the Civil War and her mother wanted to marry her off to a local land-owner's son. Nicky didn't know much about life but she knew she found women more attractive than men, and she refused. When her fiance came for her, and tried to rape her, Nicky shot him with his own gun, stole his horse and rode west. Over time she has acquired a more masculine appearance, she has discovered a reasonable skill with her weapons, not over-fast but she can draw and shoot with both hands in just over half a second. (NB: The fastest guns are able to draw and shoot in around 0.2 second).

Other: Pic-base used is Isabeli Fontana

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Neysha

Character Name: Felicia Montomery
Nickname: Cookie
Orientation: Straight but secretly Bi-Curious
Appearance:  5'6 and 125 lbs. Above average height. Leanly muscled, fit, slender and athletic. Black Outing Jacket or brown leather vest with Light Blue Union Army Greatcoat with Rain Cape and a red forage cap with a black visor or a black Hardee hat. Red or Blue Trousers, with Red Gaiters (boot covers) for riding.
Likes: Good food, liberating cowboy lifestyle, Lincoln and the Republican Party, the North and Union in General and Union military veterans specifically, Cows and horses, Hunting, Fishing, Boating, Reconstruction, Addicted to the excitement of combat, Strangely is a sub when it comes to sexual relations.
Dislikes: Slavery, Unreformed Confederates, Revenge, Anti-Black Racism and Bigotry, City/Farm and Plantation life in general, Sedentary lifestyle
Fears: Living a highly limited or cloistered life, not necessarily slavery.
Goals: To live a free and rewarding life on the frontier. Her ultimate life goal is to save enough money to operate her own shipping, fishing or boating service in Louisiana.
Weapons: Model 1858 Remington Revolver, Colt Model 1849 Pocket Revolver (backup/secondary), Sharps Model 1859 Carbine,
Equipment: Chuckwagon cook equipment, Horse related gear such as a lasso, saddles and bags, knife, spurs, horsewhip etc.
Horse: Chickasaw Horse named Cump, the same nickname given to General William T. Sherman, the famous US Civil War General.
Home: She has relatives in Missouri and Louisiana that she knows of, but if she had to claim a home, it would be in Kansas where she joint owns some ranching and grazing land.
Background:  Felicia was born into slavery by a landowning family in Louisiana. Her Master sold her in order to separate her from her family and roots at a young age to another landowner in Missouri who operated ferries and ranches. As a result she became a fairly skilled cook as well as performing general maintenance and horticulture work. Before the War Between the States erupted, she was punished with twenty five lashes for assaulting a white citizen. Her back still carries the scars.

She escaped in August of 1856 to Kansas territory when her Master and many other Southerners invaded Kansas. She wandered around for quite a while, nearly starving to death while asking every native Jayhawker she found if she could work to get a gun and kill some 'Goobers.' She ultimately became a farmhand for a prominent Free Stater in Kansas and when the Civil War actually broke out, followed federal troops raised in Kansas. While working mostly in camp and other sundry and support roles, she had been in combat and under fire with fair frequently. She served the Northern side in Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and later in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, helping bring to the Deep South the overzealous brand of Jawhawker antislavery justice to the Confederacy.

After the war, she returned back West and joined several former Redlegs (Kansas militia cavalry) in more or less unsuccessfully hunting down Confederate fugitives of the like that served under William Quantrill or Bloody Bill Anderson despite the fact most of them were paroled or pardoned by the Federal government. Before she got in too much trouble, she decided to try making an honest living beyond revenge.

Almost immediately, she failed at opening a dry goods store and quickly moved on to her other strength which was being a cookie for a group of cowboys which gave her steady pay as well as satiating her thirst for a somewhat restless life she had taken a liking for. Besides operating a chuckwagon, she also found various sidejobs in the past including including being a barber, a guide or scout, hunting, farm or ranch hand and the occassional ferry or boat work.

Other: Picture credit to Jessica White
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Chrystal

Yum. I'll forgive you the bikini...! I know how hard it is to find a decent pic of a black woman in any sort of period costume!

Neysha

Quote from: Chrystal on February 28, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
Yum. I'll forgive you the bikini...! I know how hard it is to find a decent pic of a black woman in any sort of period costume!

Yeah use your imagination when it comes to Western wear. LOL.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Chrystal

Quote from: Neysha on February 28, 2012, 04:56:15 PM
Yeah use your imagination when it comes to Western wear. LOL.

Best thing to do, is find a pic of the costume you want her to be wearing and cut off the head!

Clio

Is there room for another female? What kind of characters do you need?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Neysha

Quote from: Chrystal on February 28, 2012, 05:09:15 PM
Best thing to do, is find a pic of the costume you want her to be wearing and cut off the head!

Yeah but that only works with one change of clothing. It's much easier to imagine her in a bikini and then add the clothes using the power of your MIND!
My Request Thread

JackWhite

Still interested but looking for the time to come up with a good char

Chrystal

I'm beginning to wonder if our GM has lost interest?