DC vs Marvel (now with bonus OCs) - The Interest Thread

Started by Sephiriel, September 23, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephiriel

Alright peeps, long story short all characters from both the DC and Marvel Universe ended up breaking the fourth wall and so supervillains and superheroes alike along with their less super counterparts got into the real world (as real as a roleplay setting might be), thus ending up living with their fans (amongst other ‘normal’ humans) just within the US first before spreading throughout the world.
Upon realizing that their whole existence was nothing more than fantasy even some of the most righteous superheroes lost their minds and a small group of them sought answers from their creators (writers and company key names that were still alive) before murdering them for all the tribulations they went through (sorry Stan Lee).

The ‘real’ humans (henceforth known as “humans”) reacted in various ways, some gladly welcoming the supers and downright fearing the villains (both parties hereafter known as  “metas”) while law forces within the cities tried to control both in order to stop chaos from spreading.  Without really knowing who was on which side anymore, two distinct factions were made, one ensuring control and directly allied with the humans (Order), the other (Chaos) focusing on finding a way to find the “real world” or conquer this one until another alternate universe would eventually make itself known if it ever existed. Those who did not want to take part in a faction or another were considered “neutral” and occasionally worked with one or the other – whichever suited their interest at the time. 
Needless to say, various beliefs and cults spread after what the media called “The Big Pow” as a comical version of the Big Bang, out of which the most famous one being that even this universe itself was written by an omnipotent entity named “The Puppeteer”.

Some very wealthy and influential humans tried their best to get their hands on the new arrivals. A short number of them became “meta collectors” who were willing to pay villains small fortunes to capture heroes just so that they can have them ‘on display’, while others sought to hire superheroes as personal bodyguards or for other wacky jobs ( like having the Scarlet Witch bring to life real unicorns for their kids’ party for example).
Just to make things really interesting a lot of humans also developed superpowers or mutations after the Big Pow. Thus, the world we know and those we thought we knew mingled into one big question mark. What role will you play in it?

I call dibs on Poison Ivy.

ALSO ACCEPTING ORIGINAL CHARACTERS! - You can play a meta or a human that just turned into one or a human with no special powers whatsoever.

CHARACTER SHEET (please try not to make loooong ones)
Character Name:
Played By:
Human/Meta:
Affiliation (former, eg : Avengers ) and current: Order, Chaos, Neutral
Appearance:
(A very short) History:
Powers:
Weaknesses:
Equipment:
Personality:

PM me with your CS to earn a spot or call dibs on a character.  Also open to sub-plot ideas, setting ideas, pairings. Depending on the number of players I might consider making multiple IC threads though I prefer a single one and a few (but committed!) players in favor of a big group.

Green Goo Theory

Bookmarked for when I get home.  Is this only earth based characters?  I imagine it is hard to include aliens
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Sephiriel

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on September 23, 2014, 12:14:12 PM
Bookmarked for when I get home.  Is this only earth based characters?  I imagine it is hard to include aliens

No, you can make an original character that is not from Earth as well.

[edit] I'm also strangely and imperatively attracted to your avatar. Whose pants and torso are those?

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Jane Storm on September 24, 2014, 08:02:31 AM
No, you can make an original character that is not from Earth as well.

[edit] I'm also strangely and imperatively attracted to your avatar. Whose pants and torso are those?

I wish I knew.  I was just as drawn to it when I saw it too.
Coming soon...

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Sephiriel

Meanwhile, in a not so very distant future.... the approved character thread!

K-POW!

Now we only need more suckers rolling.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

You tease, and I love it.

Careful or I might take you up on that offer.

Loves

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 25, 2014, 03:08:39 PM
You tease, and I love it.

Careful or I might take you up on that offer.

I admit it.  I'm a tease  O:)

among other things   :-*
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Batman4560

Sephiriel

GAME REMAINS ON HOLD FOR THE MOMENT at least until I'll open the interest thread sometime in the future, perhaps we get more players next time around. Thank you everyone for the input.