The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 2 (Recruitment/Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, May 22, 2015, 01:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Opening Scene

"Susan."

The deep voice reverberated through her home. Even in her old age of 56 she knew that voice. The voice she had tried many years to forget. After all, considering what had happened to her. . . Still she knew that voice anywhere. Putting the book she had been entertaining down she stood. Lined face, age spots, grazing hair, yet a spark of adventure had started in her eyes. The memories she had tried to bury flooding back.

"Aslan?" Her voice tentative, the room and filled with an air of magic. Magic and desperation.

"Susan Pevensie." Though that had not been her name for a great deal of years. "Narnia needs you once more. I need you Susuan." The woman blinked, heart hammering in her thin chest. She took a step, looking around her parlor for the smallest trade of Narnia. She still believed, despite what others thought,  though she saw nothing. She had denied her memories too long. In her heart of hearts though she ached. Ached to return to the wonderous land of Narnia to be with her brothers and sister again.

"I cannot help you. I, I didn't believe." Tears swam in the aged eyes, pooling in wrinkles caused by years of stress. "I am to old Aslan." Her thin shoulders quaked as she fell to her knees, a wet heap in the floor. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Thin hands, no longer smooth, but wrinkled and slightly gnarled from arthritis pressed to her eyes.

"Susan. You may be to old, but you never stopped believing. Your heart was just too broken to return. Your children, they aren't to old. Show them. Show them the journals you kept. Take them to the wardrobe." The aged face looked up, thin lips gasping. He knew she had taken the wardrobe after the train accident? "Hurry. The magic will only last for a few hours. Then it will seal again. Hurry Susan. For Narnia! For Peter, Edmund, and Lucy!" With thwt the air around her dimmed, no longer humming with magic and Susan ran, ran as she had not in many years yelling for the maid to call two of her four children. Though in their twenties, they would come at their mothers call.

Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more.
When he bares his teeth winter meets its death,
And when he shake ships mane, we shall have spring again.

When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,
Sits at Cair Paravel in throne
The evil time will be over and done.

No one knows who heard the prophecy first. At least, that is what is said. One person, to say, does know, an ape, older than any alive heard it first. He was there, listening from the trees when the gypsy woman, with the funny ring, spoke it. He alone to be the only one to hear the entire prophecy. It was he, who in his terror, shortened it to the rhym the Narnian's knew and loved. After hearing the prophecy he became a recluse, never meeting his own son for fear of what might happen. Fear he might not be able to lie to his own flesh and blood.

When he found a baby girl though, lost, alone in the woods. He took her under his wing. Nurtured her to health and tried his best to teach her the ways he had come to live by. When he heard of his son's death though, he knew, despite his best efforts he had failed. So he told the prophecy, in its entirety, to the only being he knew, the child he had raised, now a woman from the land of Charn.

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more.
When he bares his teeth winter meets its death,
And when he shake ships mane, we shall have spring again.

When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,
Sits at Cair Paravel in throne
The evil time will be over and done.

When Adam's flesh sits at Cair Paravel throne
He will not stay but once again leave,
When Narnia is swept by the Apes envy and greed
A new evil from him will rise and breed.

He alone will erase the lions turn Aslan no more,
Adam's flesh, different but same as before,
Will return at his call through an old door
The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe nevermore.

It was with his dying breaths that the kind hearted Ape explained to the young woman just who she was, where her linage lied. He also told her the tale of the original four and the white witch they helped defeat. Because even though many years had passed, he had survived. Alone, in the middle of the jungle, time has escaped him,

Many years ago, when Jadis refused to accept her sister's rule she escaped Charn and the destruction she left behind. Using the Deplorable Word, she destroyed, or thought she had, all of Charn not created by her. She came to Narnia at its creation. Got to witness the birth of it all. Driven with her own greed Jadis sought to rule over Narnia, cursing it to lay in perpetual winter. It was the until the sons and daughters came to Narnia that Jadis saw her defeat. Nothing remained of her save for a dagger, left with a trusted acolyte.

When Jadis destroyed Charn, her sister lay dying. Harnessing all the magic she could Shadis sent the only good left of Jadis after the woman. Entwined with a piece of Shadis' own heart, and a lock of Jadis' hair from their childhood, she created a child. Born of the two women, no father needed. With a kiss and a whisper of a prayer she sent her spiraling after Jadis with only magic and hope to help her.

The young woman, a product of two sisters was the rightful Queen of Charn. Protected only through the blood in her veins and the hair on her head so much like that of the fallen Northern Witch. Telling her the story the Ape urged her to remember, despite their likeness and how she'd come to creation, she was not Jadis.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Before you create a character you should ask yourself, do I have the time to commit to this roleplay? If the answer wavers, even a little, I ask that you do not make a prominent character. I wouldn't ask you not to join, as time might free up for you. (Also, I will be accepting early applications.)

Where did you get your pretty face? This is for the appearance either written or a photo.
What matter of being are you? Human, Dwarf, Centaur, etc.
Where do you call home? United States? Western Wild?
At what year did you come to be? Age
What do they call you? Name
What tickles your fancy? Sexual orientation.
What powers lay dormant? Is there any magic in your blood?
A little piece of History. . Character history.
What lies in the jungle? Do you know of the evil? Are you evil?

[i][b]Where did you get your pretty face?[/b][/i] This is for the appearance either written or a photo.
[i][b]What matter of being are you?[/b][/i] Human, Dwarf, Centaur, etc.
[i][b]Where do you call home?[/b][/i] United States? Western Wild?
[i][b]At what year did you come to be?[/b][/i] Age
[i][b]What do they call you?[/b] [/i] Name
[i][b]What tickles your fancy?[/b][/i] Sexual orientation.
[i][b]What powers lay dormant?[/b][/i] Is there any magic in your blood?
[i][b]A little piece of History. . [/b][/i] Character history.
[i][b]What lies in the jungle?[/b][/i] Do you know of the evil? Are you evil?

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

I would still very much like to begin this roleplay! There are certain characters that we need filled of course.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop