Titties and Dragons: Basic Fantasy RPG Campaign [One Opening for Warrior Type]

Started by RubySlippers, March 26, 2014, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Oh with two new characters including Fan's and one naughty cleric I'm ending applications at this time. I may open it up later to one more if all the basic slots aren't filled but we have a fighter, clerics, a magic user and a thief so seem to be covered. Everyone else is fine that submitted.

Fanshawe

Woo hoo! So, is it stupid for me to play as a fighter? I was planning to be the most straightforward class, but my highest stats are int and dex; do you guys think I should be running a Thief or should I stick to fighter and just get a bunch of arrows?
**my O/O and A/A are woefully dated. Feel free to PM :)

RubySlippers

Thieves Options being used so several stats matter and we have no non-humans yet one would be nice. All races have thieves might I suggest a Halfling Thief they are naturals.

Fanshawe

My first instinct was "ah shit, no way. Halfling? Can't do it." But now I think I've got to rock the halfling. At least the titties and dragons will be that much bigger to him? Can I get him up to 4 feet or is that asking too much?  XD

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Oh is there another cleric? Or do you mean the druid? I apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes, I didn't see another person who was going to play a cleric.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

RubySlippers

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on March 31, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Oh is there another cleric? Or do you mean the druid? I apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes, I didn't see another person who was going to play a cleric.

Cleric well a Druid is a nature cleric and since each deity is different with different bonus powers its fine.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Fanshawe on March 31, 2014, 07:41:29 PM
My first instinct was "ah shit, no way. Halfling? Can't do it." But now I think I've got to rock the halfling. At least the titties and dragons will be that much bigger to him? Can I get him up to 4 feet or is that asking too much?  XD

Or elf or half-elf or gnome etc. Halflings though are well such a classic stereotype.

Fanshawe

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on March 31, 2014, 07:44:57 PMI apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes, I didn't see another person who was going to play a cleric.

Does this, then, mean I've stepped on the other thief's toes? Is there a way we can differentiate ourselves to keep her toes nice and unstepped?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Fanshawe on March 31, 2014, 08:25:03 PM
Does this, then, mean I've stepped on the other thief's toes? Is there a way we can differentiate ourselves to keep her toes nice and unstepped?

I often worry about that sort of thing because there are some games where everyone feels like there has to be ONE healer, etc. But I'm getting the impression that our delectable dungeonmistress doesn't feel there is any problem with that. :)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

RubySlippers

One is a cleric and one a barbaric druid who will likely be able to make medicines if she takes the right deity that fits, and someone needs to be able to treat STD's.  >:)

I just wanted one of each type covered, spares don't hurt.

Foxy DeVille

Okey doke. Sheet all filled out now earlier in the thread.

RubySlippers

Add weapons including Arcane Bolt with damage for reference, this goes for all character sheets.

Oh and Thief I don't do Backstab you get Sneak Attack if the opponent wouldn't get their dexterity modifier to AC it works. But the opponent must have viable anatomy to hit the vitals.

Foxy DeVille

RubySlippers

On saving throws you want to roll high, any bonuses are added to your roll do not adjust the base dice save for when they change due to level.

Fanshawe

RubySlippers

This gem is on YouTube the legendary film Sorceress so bad Roger Corman never let it be put on DVD. Oh did I mention the Harris Playboy Twins are in it, the acting sucks, the twins get naked, special effects suck ... To get a feel for old school fantasy. Its OOP so this is likely the only place to see it unless you find a VHS copy and have a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097J_vUuolc

Game posts will be up later tomorrow need to finish my Drow characters for the other game first.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 01, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
This gem is on YouTube the legendary film Sorceress so bad Roger Corman never let it be put on DVD. Oh did I mention the Harris Playboy Twins are in it, the acting sucks, the twins get naked, special effects suck ... To get a feel for old school fantasy. Its OOP so this is likely the only place to see it unless you find a VHS copy and have a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097J_vUuolc

Hee hee... I'm planning on watching this to get in the mood for this game.

Also, we need a name for our fine party of adventurers. Like the Fellowship With Benefits.

Fanshawe

Quote from: Foxy Oni on April 01, 2014, 07:34:27 PMFellowship With Benefits.

^-^

Loving the oldschool flavor! I'm still waiting for the other thief to chime in so I know she isn't angry with me  :-[

Batman4560

CarnivalOfTheGoat

So are we going to set up background relationships between the characters or go REALLY oldschool and 'you all meet in a tavern' or 'you are all dragged in chains before the Sultan for your crimes' in order to get the party together?

There are advantages either way. ;)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

RubySlippers

Well there is ample work available during the debauchery, guarding and looking pretty doing it. And don't worry if you can't get laid a lot your not trying.

Foxy DeVille

I was thinking Titanya is a local gal in Swordhaven who learned magic from a wizard there (three guesses how she paid for her lesson). So if anyone else is from there, they might know each other already.

Fanshawe

Noll grew up in nearby Littleton (which might explain why he knows Gnomish). He hated manual labor as soon as he was old enough to start working in the fields, so he turned to Swordhaven. He likes it there; pickpocketing is better in a port city where people are always coming and going, and the whoring is nice.

RubySlippers

If the Halfling looks like Misty Mundae GM is going to hand out goodies to everyone, I love that actress.

Invoking mighty GM cheesy bias powers.

Jayna

Hey guys! Sorry for now posting much here, We had a family friend pass away so I haven't been on since I made my original post. Looking forward to playing with all of you! :)