Fantasy adventure game

Started by Rune, June 29, 2020, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

Would anyone be interested in a DnD styled adventure that would involve body swapping and magical enchantments in a quest to stop the rise of the Lich Lord.?

Callie Del Noire

AshJeeves

Depending on system, super tentatively interested, but it seems to vanilla for me.

I WANT SOMETHING INTERESTING.

LIKE RUNNING A MUSEUM.

Rune

I was thinking that for a system I would like to keep it fairly simple like 'Basic Fantasy RPG' or 'Shadow of the Demon Lord" or maybe "Dragon Age" and stay away from the crunchier systems.

I would like to keep the game play and narrative mostly systemless only (freeform) using the system behind the scenes when critical rulings and action like combat need to be resolved.

As far as characters. I would like the following info before play begins.

What is your character background and history?

How do you know the other characters and what is your relationship with them? What is your opinion of them?

If someone were to be trapped in your character's body, what positives and negatives would they experience?

Callie Del Noire

Never used any of the ones listed.

Rune

By behind the scenes I mean I would control the character sheet. I would do the die rolling for you. I would control the horizontal. I would control the vertical... wait, wrong show.

But yes, that means I would do the number crunching unless that is something that you prefer.

At this point I am just proposing the roygh concept. I can provide more detail on the setting as we decide to more forward and are sure we have enough players.

Most the systems I proposed are like a simplified, streamlined version of DnD. So if you are familiar with the DnD rules, then you already know the core of the systems.

AshJeeves

Gonna drop out, seems a bit too standard fantasy for me.

Callie Del Noire

What sort of bio/character history are you looking at?

Rune

I wouldn't worry about class so much. A lot of that would be dictated by the body you get swapped into. Unfamiliar with your new body you will basically be starting over and learning any new abilities from scratch.

Your original character can be more powerful and skilled, but that will be reset. It is more important to have an interesting backstory than to worry about class abilities.

Now about the setting. Would you prefer mostly human? Would you want demi humans. If there are other races around what would you like to include. Elves? Wolfen? Minotaurs, Pixies, Nymphs, Slyphs, Angels, Demons, Vampires?

Rune

More setting info...

It was been a hundred years since the forces of darkness were defeated. It was also that day that the magic died. Wizards and Sorcerers list their spells, the gods stopped answering prayers, creatures of magic faded into the stories of myth and legend.

The hard-earned peace didn't last as the human kingdoms squabbled over borders and land. Even now your kingdom is threatened by the barbarian tribes of the north and the decadent southern empire.

Today people are gathering to celebrate the defeat of the forces of darkness. Little did they know that today the magic would return and the darkness would be reborn.

Callie Del Noire

Definitely need demihuman oof all types and I’d like the Fey and demon/angels around.

As for our prior body lives are you looking for something like this..

Martin Wayland

Martin was born into a family of craftsmen, artificers and smiths and grew up to be a talented artificer whose skill in crafting crossbows grew from his start as a teen to being one of the premiere crafters in the kingdom. He is one of the few who create repeating crossbows of the best quality. A tall man at 6’ 7”, many joke that he has giantblood in him somewhere but behind the tall hulking man is a man who has learned a lot in the arts of smithing, metallurgy and engineering and while not as agile as some, he is very skilled with the repeating crossbow as he likes to test each one he and his apprentices work with.
He has travelled far into the south in his youth to make weapons for this or that lord but has returned home as he entered his 30s to settle down and set up his own shop and perhaps start a family now that he’s become successful.

Rune

That looks excellent!

Despite the loss of magic the non human races still exist. However they no longer have all the magical abilities they once had. Elves has retreated to their forest homes. Demon touched can no longer conjure hellfire and have lost much of their demonic features. Vampires have returned to the grave for now and the angelic beings have secluded themselves in prayer in an attempt to contact the higher plans.

We still need a couple more confirmed players before we kick things off.

Callie Del Noire

Would be interesting for a physical guy like Martin to wind up as a Spellcasting type..

Rune

When the magic comes back someone may find out that the rumors of him being part giant might have some truth.

Spellcaster type might be arranged.

Callie Del Noire

I won’t fib.. succubi and tieflings appeal. As do elves..

Funny image. “Elves don’t use crossbows..”

Rune

Brothel whore swapped into a super strong  half ogre or Jotun would work out better.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Rune on June 30, 2020, 03:57:32 PM
Brothel whore swapped into a super strong  half ogre or Jotun would work out better.

I could see a succubi as that. Most like half joying. Martin isn’t ugly enough to be a half orge

And I like the idea (or a courtesan?)

Rune

And that would be two players. Any more?

Callie Del Noire

It's a start.. maybe instead of one BIG event have a few 'storms' leading up to the big blast?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TerribleTira on June 30, 2020, 08:34:57 PM
so I'll look for a "before" pic later. but for now, how's this for the ogre body swap?

"after"

That’s a big nope. :D

Rune

For some reason I had it my head that it was a male ogre and not quite so ugly. But this could definitely work.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Rune on June 30, 2020, 08:45:10 PM
For some reason I had it my head that it was a male ogre and not quite so ugly. But this could definitely work.

Nope nope.. don’t like hillbilly rough orge. :D

Rune

Callie Del Noire

I’m guessing he’s the bad guy ? :D

Got a very warhammer type of feel

Rune