guess not..the GM self haven't answer yet

PhantomPistoleer

Give it time, Thal.  It's the weekend.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Duchess

i know ..i mean its not to late for them to enter.. blink..blink

Nimmy

Still room for another player? This is actually right along the same lines of what I used to play in, and it sounds pretty cool.

Bayushi

I'm still game to play this.

I'll be working on a character this evening, and hope to have it posted/available by the morrow.

Vandren

Added his background

Veril Haritun, Lord
Race: Human
Position/Title: Armsmaster / Baronet
Realm: (Neutral)

Description:  Lord Haritun is a well built man in his mid-30s.  He’s just under six feet in height and possesses a wiry build well suited to his preferred pursuits.  Unlike many is his profession, he wears his nut brown straight hair long, usually braided (reaching about midway down his back).  Only rarely does he wear a helmet.  More often than not, Veril dons servicable attire—light shirt, loose pants, knee high soft boots, plain steel vambraces.  He is known to wear several amulets, he claims as souvenirs of past campaigns.  Normally, a baselard (pikeman’s sword), qama (no frills shorter gladius), and dagger are supported by his belt.  The first two on the left, the last on the right.

Special Talents: Skill at Arms (mastery); Sorcery (journeyman level; specialties: biosorcery, protection); Alchemy (apprentice level);
Weaknesses: Brunettes, Hates Dwarves, Mild Acrophobia, Horrible Archer
Notable Possessions: Decent collection of weapons (favors the baselard, qama, short staff; but can use most), portable alchemical lab, collection of minorly enchanted amulets (protect against specific illnesses and poisons, provide luck, etc.)

History:  Lord Haritun was born in a small village on the northern border of the kingdom.  He worked in his mother’s smithy (his father having died when he was four, she took over the forge) until he was called up by the local lord to fight when he was thirteen.  Even though the campaign was brief, Veril demonstrated an uncanny skill that impressed his lord.  He was entered in his lord’s service to replace men-at-arms lost in battle, eventually earning a knighthood at the age of twenty.  Around the time of his knighting, Veril took up an interest in sorcery, having discovered that he had the talent.  In time, he was brought to the court in his lord’s retinue.  He became part of the royal court six years ago, and was elevated to the rank of baronet and armsmaster three years ago.  In his leisure time, he started studying alchemy two years back and continued his sorcerous studies.  Because he is rarely called upon to enter the battlefield, Veril has focused his personal arms training on weaponry more suited to corridors and other tight quarters rather than cumbersome broadswords, axes, greatswords, and polearms.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Night Walker

Lord Roland Volair

Position in Realm: Advisor to Queen Neomi Raintree

Sex: Male

Race: At least half human (The rest is Fae, although actual percentages of the mix are a matter of some debate, most guess it is 50/50)

Appearance: Tall, athletic, pale skin, straight jet black hair that hangs to his shoulders, eyes a brilliant emerald green flecked with gold. He is very softspoken and one typically needs to pay close attention to catch all the subtle inflections.

Beyond this basic description, any distinguishing physical features are wholly unknown as Roland’s body always seems hidden from view under his long deep purple (almost dark enough to be black) cloak. As well, he often wears a very long dark forest green scarf with golden embroidery that covers the lower half of his face. The only hint most have of what is under the cape comes from his right hand which is always seen encased in a wicked looking heavy silver gauntlet. To the general public, this is the only part of Roland to ever be exposed.

Personality: Roland is calmness personified, almost disturbingly so. Nothing seems to ever upset him or catch him off guard. He is easily mistaken as being totally emotionless, but nothing could be farther from the truth. His expressions are understated. He is reserved and measured in his behaviour, not wanting to let anyone get too close.

History: Roland was always a strange boy. People say his mother was one of the faeries, and that is why she had to leave after his birth. Growing up, he tended to keep to himself and spent a great deal of time playing in the woods near the Raintree family palace. His father, Mallik, served King Richard faithfully as one of his personal guards. When the monsters launched their surprise attack on the kingdom, Mallik was one of the first to answer the alarm, but by then it was too late. He was overwhelmed by the creatures. His death was not in vain though; fourteen year old Roland escaped unharmed.

Roland took to the woods, the only sanctuary he had ever known. Most villagers were frightened of the deep tangle of trees, but not Roland, it was his second home. Roland had learned very young that he experienced the world differently from other boys. Light and colour were more vibrant. He danced with shadows and ran in the deepest darkness without tripping. Over time, alone in the forest, Roland’s affinity for nature grew. Something in his blood spoke to the world around him. He could hear voices on the wind; he felt the heartbeat of the trees, and even the pulse of the Earth in the rocks. After a few years, he returned to the castle and joined the ranks of the dark army. He knew the time to start his revenge had come.

Roland gained a reputation as a quiet and capable soldier. No one understood how he was able to fight as he did: never breaking a sweat, barely moving until the last moment. The whole time his enemy seemed to become more and more distracted, even fearful, giving Roland the opportunity he needed. Roland’s mysterious technique gained him considerable prestige, and by the time Neomi was brought back to the kingdom, Roland was one of the monster king’s top soldiers. It had always been Roland’s plan to dethrone the king himself, but when he saw the princess, now grown into a beautiful young woman, he knew immediately that a new plan was needed. By helping return the princess to the throne, Roland felt he would honour the memory of his Father. He would follow in his family’s steps and serve the rightful heir to the throne.

If and how Roland actually helped is unclear. No one even knows if he was really involved, although some have suspicions. How did Neomi manage to get that poison past the monstrous guards and tasters anyway? Roland always gets an almost unperceivable smile on his face when posed with these sorts of questions. As with nearly everything else in Roland’s life, he prefers it be kept a mystery.

Magical Powers:
-   Roland’s mental state cannot be read or touched by any means. His mind and body is totally cut off, even from the most powerful of psychics. This makes him handy as an adviser as he is immune to any form sort of mind control tricks that could jeopardize his office. One can always be secure that Roland’s thoughts are entirely his own.
-   Roland can control and shape the natural world: be it making a tree grow in a minute as much as it would in over a hundred years, or calling up great rocks from beneath the Earth’s surface to form a quick and sturdy barrier. By his command, roots can rise from the ground and bind people’s legs, roses can twist around him to form a thorny barrier, and water will rise from a riverbed and change course. This control does in no way extend to animals or insects of any form.
-   Roland is able to create and manipulate darkness and shadows. This means he could shroud himself in the blackness of deepest night even when standing in an open field at noon, and he can alter all the shadows in a room to disorient people. Rumours circle that Lord Volair is able to even step through shadows like a door, and that he moves through a world of darkness, so that he can appear anywhere at any time. These rumours are not true, although Roland enjoys them as they scare the pants off the local citizens of the kingdom. The truth is that Roland often cloaks himself in darkness so as not to be seen. Because of this, when he does appear, he often appears to be stepping forth from the shadows as if he were walking out of them. Really though, it is more akin to taking off a blanket than stepping through a door as Roland was there the entire time, he was just hidden.
-   Roland’s most subtle and devious power is that of illusions. Roland is able to make a person see that which isn’t there. This could be anything from as simple as making a door appear as a solid wall, to making the inside of a run-down shack appear as a bedroom fit for a king. This power can also be used more directly on people for sometimes disturbing results. If someone charges at Roland, he could distract them by making the person seem as if they are suddenly covered in spiders. Or perhaps the attacker sees that Roland is accompanied by a large three-headed fire-breathing dragon. Or, maybe for fun, when Roland sees two guards on duty, he will make each of them see the other’s head explode causing blood and brains to rain down while the body falls limp to the ground. The panic and potential madness caused by such illusions makes the ability a powerful tool, even if the objects aren’t real at all.

Equipment: Roland’s cloak and scarf are nothing special, merely gifts from his father. His armour though was left for him by his mother and is not of human origin. It looks like polished silver, is harder than any steel, is lighter than silk, and makes no noise at all. The only sound Roland makes when he moves is the swishing of his cloak, for this reason, most people assume his armour is restricted to the gauntlet. Those who fight him though soon learn this mistake when their blades are stopped before ever touching flesh.

Under his cloak, he carries two swords: one is 99 centimetres (39 inches) long, and the other 68.5 centimetre (27 inches) long.

Abilities: Roland is trained in close quarters combat. He specializes in both sword fighting and unarmed combat. He is stronger and more agile than most people would expect from one of his build. He is also an accomplished horseman and field doctor. The latter was a result of his time alone in the forest where he taught himself about the medicinal properties of different leaves and roots. Needless to say, Roland is also a master when it comes to survival skills.

Duchess

Night Walker

Night Walker

We need some nobility for the good and neutral kingdoms. Any takers?

usha

Since theres no yay or nay answer yet to the addition of new people, I'll toss a bid in for the side of neutral, or good I suppose if that is whats needed more. Formulating a few character ideas as I type this!

Lyrus

Medieval. I auto-drift to Medieval ... I'll go wherever needs be. :3
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Vandren

Quote from: usha on May 21, 2009, 05:35:31 AM
Since theres no yay or nay answer yet to the addition of new people

From what I gather, the idea is to have an unlimited number of people.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Silk

I still do not want to assume that we are welcome, that wouldnt be polite if we jsut invited ourselves into the game

Duchess

Night walker:thats..good.. very good indeed ;)

Silk: and yeah i guess your welcome cause the GM self haven't appeared yet ..so keep adding ppl , so there is no way this game will die....hehe

Merlyn

Yeah, I think the idea was the more the better with this one.  After all we can always use a few threads, one for each side perhaps, and a common are or two.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Vandren

Quote from: Silk on May 21, 2009, 08:14:59 AM
we just invited ourselves into the game

I gather that this was her point, that she wants people to do so.  :)

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 09:10:19 AM
Night walker:thats..good.. very good indeed ;)

:-) I am glad my queen approves.

I can't wait to get this world going. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed playing quiet mysterious characters of questionable quality. Antiheroes and fallen heroes are so much fun.  ;)

Duchess

most definitely we need the good and neutral king or queen

usha

I'm going to wait a day or two and see if anyone snatches those roles up before I settle on anything in particular. I wouldn't mind playing a leader, though I'm not very good at it *grin*

Duchess

yeah..for my part i see to many good characters for this to vanish but who knows

Merlyn

Yay, Futurama reference....
All glory to the Hypnotoad    http://r33b.net/

Erhmmm, anyways back onto the topic.
I was planning on being neutral (knight/fighter not nobility) for the most part, but available for hire by anyone.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

Maybe one kingdom is neutral because there is no monarchy at all? Possibly it is a mercantile plutocracy where the wealthy hold absolute control over their own respective territories in the state, and kingdom-wide matters are decided on by a council of, lets say, 8 of the most powerful landholders.

Basically it would be a society where wealth = power, and everyone knows it. The more wealth one gains, the more control they have. Eventually they may work their way up to replace (or buy out) one of the ruling houses and become a new merchant-lord.

It would be absolutely neutral as the main thing that matters above all else is wealth. "Good" and "Bad" have little meaning, as long as it is profitable. A mercenary state so-to-speak, where some merhant-lords may think favourably on the good kingdom because it gives them a good source of steady business, while others may side with the evil kingdom because that is where their best trade routes are located.